This really is a top-class hotel in every way and I have no hesitation in recommending it. I am a return visitor to Sharm and there are numerous hotels, many of them very good but the Savoy is in a class of its own. The reason is, I think, quite simple and that is the attention to detail. The little things that are thought of and executed by the wonderful staff. For example, regular ice cold face towels brought round the pool and beach area, an extra towel to rest your head on, the staff stopping and waiting to let you pass anywhere on the premises, the lack of daft towel sculptures in the room...ok I'm not altogether serious on my hatred of those! I wasn't going to mention the swimming pool renovations because it was of no consequence (essential work on ONE part of the huge three part pool). But seeing as it seems to have been a topic of conversation, I'm going to stick up for the hotel here and say that they made no secret of this and the information was prominently displayed well in advance on the front page of their website. Some people need to take a little responsibility for doing their own basic research into their holiday destination! There was no problem at this time of year in finding loungers by the other pools or the beach so this was not an issue for anyone. Also, the work was actually finished in advance of the advertised date.I did laugh at a recent reviewer's quest to find the only correctly working toaster in Egypt - If you find it please let us know! Personally, I never got much further than the delicious fresh pancakes with chocolate sauce.The food was wonderful, my only regret is not staying long enough to eat at all the restaurants.I had a sea view room (2218) which was kept immaculate by Ahmed, who has quite rightly been mentioned by previous reviewers. I appreciated his eye for security too because I first met him when I returned to my room on my second day and he was in it cleaning. I came in and plonked myself down but he politely asked for my room key and checked that it opened the door thus proving it was my room he had allowed me into. Well done that man. The staff are certainly a hotel's best asset and without exception, everyone I met was courteous and efficient (and many were humorous too). They were attentive without being intrusive. A simple nod or wave was enough to have a drink brought to you by the pool or at the beach. The location is great with Soho Square and all it's shops and restaurants on the doorstep - you don't get hassled here! It was nice to be able to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. I can't wait to return to this amazing hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savoy Sharm El Sheikh is located near Ras Mohammed National Park inside SOHO SQUARE, the 5-star hotel offers 136 sea view rooms, 55 pool view rooms, 161 garden view rooms, 46 triple rooms, 2 special care rooms, 13 diplomatic suites, and 1 presidential suite. The hotel also features a private beach, 5 swimming pools 3 adult pools (2 heated in winter time) and 2 children's pools (1 heated in winter time) , 5 Bars (1 pool Bar) , and 6 restaurants Savoy hotel offers different types of meal plans that ensures you trying everything starting from the hotel’s main restaurant to Soho Square different restaurants and cuisines; standard Bed and breakfast, half board, full board, S-Class (ultra all-inclusive concept) , and half and full board dine around option (which SOHO Square restaurants as well) Diving or at least snorkeling with a PADI approved dive school on the beach. In the hotel we can find tennis, squash and beach volleyball courts as well as a modern gym facility . Sauna and Jacuzzis, as well as a range of beauty and spa treatments. Each room features adjustable air conditioning, WiFi access, mini-bar, en suite bathroom and hairdryer, and a private terrace overlooking our gardens , pools, or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh