“Simply the best!”

Ranked #25 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Peterborough UK
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This really is a top-class hotel in every way and I have no hesitation in recommending it. I am a return visitor to Sharm and there are numerous hotels, many of them very good but the Savoy is in a class of its own. The reason is, I think, quite simple and that is the attention to detail. The little things that are thought of and executed by the wonderful staff. For example, regular ice cold face towels brought round the pool and beach area, an extra towel to rest your head on, the staff stopping and waiting to let you pass anywhere on the premises, the lack of daft towel sculptures in the room...ok I'm not altogether serious on my hatred of those! I wasn't going to mention the swimming pool renovations because it was of no consequence (essential work on ONE part of the huge three part pool). But seeing as it seems to have been a topic of conversation, I'm going to stick up for the hotel here and say that they made no secret of this and the information was prominently displayed well in advance on the front page of their website. Some people need to take a little responsibility for doing their own basic research into their holiday destination! There was no problem at this time of year in finding loungers by the other pools or the beach so this was not an issue for anyone. Also, the work was actually finished in advance of the advertised date.I did laugh at a recent reviewer's quest to find the only correctly working toaster in Egypt - If you find it please let us know! Personally, I never got much further than the delicious fresh pancakes with chocolate sauce.The food was wonderful, my only regret is not staying long enough to eat at all the restaurants.I had a sea view room (2218) which was kept immaculate by Ahmed, who has quite rightly been mentioned by previous reviewers. I appreciated his eye for security too because I first met him when I returned to my room on my second day and he was in it cleaning. I came in and plonked myself down but he politely asked for my room key and checked that it opened the door thus proving it was my room he had allowed me into. Well done that man. The staff are certainly a hotel's best asset and without exception, everyone I met was courteous and efficient (and many were humorous too). They were attentive without being intrusive. A simple nod or wave was enough to have a drink brought to you by the pool or at the beach. The location is great with Soho Square and all it's shops and restaurants on the doorstep - you don't get hassled here! It was nice to be able to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. I can't wait to return to this amazing hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Karyaneka
SAVOYHotelmanagement, General Manager at Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your friendly words. It’s lovely to hear that you really enjoyed your holiday with us and we are very pleased that you have highlighted some of the staff for specific praise.

Our staff are one of our best assets and we all work hard to ensure that they have the best working conditions possible and then the best facilities to enjoy when they finish their day’s work. I’m glad they served you well.

Soho Square is just a few steps away and is the entertainment centre for Sharm El Sheikh. It is home to countless hassle-free shops, bars, restaurants, cafés and boasts an ice skating rink, a bowling alley, a cinema showing the history of Egypt on panoramic, wrap-around screens and an amazing dancing fountain with light, music and fire! And if you get a little hot during the day, pop into Africa’s only Ice Bar for an uplifting experience. The centre stage hosts all kinds of acts including singers, bands, acrobats and other entertainers while the Crystal Live Lounge is a chic, intimate bar for pre- or post-dinner drinks to the smooth tones of an international vocalist every night.

Here at the Savoy, we believe that having choices is one of the most important factors of a good holiday so we have developed our resort into a small world of choices to keep our guests entertained and amused during their stay. But of course, for those who just want to chill, the beach, the pools, the spa and the lounges and bars will be just perfect.

Thank you for choosing the Savoy and please tell all your friends how safe and sound we are here in sunny Sharm El Sheikh.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jacques PETER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Savoy Sharm is a nice hotel with good facilities. Staff are incredible with the exception of Reception and Housekeeping. Upon checkin we are told about S-Class, keeping in mind that we are checking in at 9:30pm, they push for us to buy S-class for the whole duration of our stay, I tried to refuse S-Class for the checkin day as I did not see the point of paying 110$pp for a day that was almost over. But it was pushed and pushed that we just gave in in the end! Day before our checkout I requested a late checkout and wherther the Sclass could be extended until 4-5pm, receptionist rude and dismissive advised me that we would need to pay extra and so on.

You are meant to have fresh mineral water in the room everyday, we were given mineral water on the first day, I contacted reception to advised them that no water had been left in the room for 2 days running they connected me to room service. We ordered mineral water, to our surprise we were billed for the mineral water (meant to be included with Sclass), we were told mineral water is free if housekeeping leave it in the room and/or you get it from the bar (NICE!!!), I was beyond complaining and just paid. Reception staff are the most incompetent and rude individuals I have encountered.

Room; nice room with the basics, great to have a balcony. Bathroom a bit dated. Bath Tap actually came off the wall, repaired quickly with no need to move room.

Bar: a bit more atmosphere could be injected into the bar areas, there are 3 of them so at least one of them should have a bit more life i.e. music etc.... Bar Staff are absolutely amazing, tentative, polite and will provide amazing service.

Restaurants: good choice of restaurants in the hotel, again amazing staff excellent service and amazing food (especially the seafood)

Beach: amazing beach, clean, friendly bar and towel staff. Great service. the only downside is the sales staff roaming the beach to sell day trips, a bit too forceful. We ended up buying a couple of trips Quad biking (AMAZING), the boat trip for snorkeling/diving (Not worth it, you are trapped on the boat no fresh mineral water nor soft drinks).

Spa: excellent massage, amazing service, polite staff. Spa could have a better feel to it though, felt more like a gym.

the last comment I would make about the Savoy Sharm is that it really lacks the Egytian/Arabian look and feel. I would of loved a bit more culture it’s too westernized, I love the Arabian culture and would have loved to have experienced this a bit more.

Despite all of the above we had a great holiday. Would we stay at the Savoy again, I'm not all that sure!

Room Tip: We did not mind the walk to our room. No matter where you get a room you will have a good view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank worldparadise2014
Dear Reviewer,

Your review is most comprehensive and we appreciate the thought and indeed the time that went into writing it. Perhaps I can help clarify a few points.

Our hotel is most definitely a 5* hotel in accordance with the criteria and guidelines of the Ministry of Tourism of Egypt and indeed will meet said criteria of any country you care to mention – worldwide.

The S-Class all-inclusive is probably the best plan in Egypt in that you have so many eating and drinking options during your stay as well as a free massage, laundry, bowling and ice skating. And then quality of the restaurants would rival many a top London establishment.

According to the terms and conditions as laid out in the leaflet that you would have received upon check-in, the all-inclusive finishes 15 minutes before the required check-out time (12 midday). So in fact this was extended especially for you to 3pm without charge. And the Mineral water all S-Class guests are entitled to two bottles of mineral water & been provided on a daily basis. I hope it didn’t spoil the last day of you holiday.

Thank you for highlighting the professionalism of our staff. They continue to work hard to ensure our guests have the most relaxing time and a kind word from a guest often goes down so well – so we will pass your comments on. Our Front Desk staff & Housekeeping are amongst the most highly trained staff in Sharm and would be risking their jobs if as you stated” they had been although “helpful” did not seem to follow through on anything that they told us. So we are very surprised and very concerned to read the comment about our associate’s as we are known and recognized for our professional trained and pleasant Staff.

With regard to our rooms at Savoy Hotel, we have very spacious, luxury rooms furnished with high quality sycamore furniture. Our rooms are designed to give guests a restful experience with spacious balconies or terraces overlooking the lush grounds and comfortable outdoor furniture from which to enjoy the tranquil Red Sea ambience.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Savoy !. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience

England
Reviewed 23 June 2014

There is only one word that can be used to describe this hotel which is perfection! The hotel's biggest asset is its staff, Who work extremely hard all day long, with the sole purpose of making the guests stay as enjoyable as possible. The staff are always willing to help you and going that extra mile whenever needed. Please ignore any of the negative comments that have been reported on here, as it is not even the slightest a true reflection of how awesome and sincere the staff really are. As soon as we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by Mohamed Mustafa from concierge whose smiling face made us feel welcome and at home straightaway. To then being greeted by Mohamed Youssef at the pool, who was always so helpful, you'd see him working very hard all day and still made time for you if you needed anything. Also, used to see Zakariya and Emad doing rounds around the pool from the bar making sure everyone had drinks or would ask if they would like anything.

We spent half our day at the pool and the other half at the beach, where we met Kareem, Mohamed Elhady, Bakley and Saloma. Not being a great swimmer, I felt very safe and secure with their presence at the jetty, and was able to enjoy the beauties of the coral and fish to its fullest. I wish I was back there right now!

Food! Well what can I say that hasn't already been said? all the a la carte restaurants serve food of excellent quality, Samir the manager was so helpful and informative about the restaurants gave us some amazing tips on where to eat according to our dietary requirements. which was always very delicious!

We stayed in the garden view room 6126, which I thought was awesome and kept immaculately clean by Hamdi from housekeeping. I loved the balcony and was able to sit there and continue to read my book and enjoy the great view outside.

On our final day, rooms were unable to have a late check out as our pick up wasn't scheduled until 7.30pm. John from reception ensured that our last day was not spoiled by not having a room, as we were still able to use the hotels facilities which worked out better for us in the end.

Katya from guest relations was very informative and helpful.

We chose this hotel having read the great reviews by previous guests and Jacque Peter's comments whom I did see passing but didn't have the pleasure of meeting but hopefully will do the next time we stay at the Savoy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Guybrush53
SAVOYHotelmanagement, General Manager at Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of our staff and posted a copy of your kudos for the entire staff.

The staff are undoubtedly one of our greatest assets and have an amazing, relaxing effect on our guests. We train them well and we pay them well and it shows in the quality of service they offer day in, day out.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Savoy Group!

essex
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned after our 5th visit to the savoy. The whole place is truly remarkable,you are treAted like royalty from the time you arrive till leaving
We stayed 10 days was very hot in June
You are best to choose all inclusive option as although more expensive than lots of hotels in sharm you are able to use all restaurants and bars in soho square as well as in the hotel
They are all truly remarkable first class restaurants but the Italian and fish restaurant overlooking the beautiful beach are very very good

Never stayed anywhere quite like this, it is soo good can't fault in anyway
Staff are really nice and very helpful. Real drinks and real cocktails in proper glasses. Lovely can't wait to go back

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank elsie8pie
Dear Guest,

I’m so pleased you enjoyed your 05th holiday with us and will certainly return. Thank you for choosing the Savoy and for the “Amazing” feedback concerning our staff and the quality of service.

You have written such a detailed and comprehensive review extolling the virtues of all the staff you met and all the facilities that you enjoyed here at the Savoy. We do try hard and it’s wonderful when the staff get the recognition they deserve.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I have just come back from a 10 day stay at The Savoy and cannot praise this Hotel enough. This is the best holiday we have ever had. From the moment we arrived the staff were extremely kind, thoughtful and so friendly, they really couldn't have been any better.
The choice of amazing food from the numerous restaurants was first class, we ate in the Italian, the Mediterranean, the Egyptian, the Chinese, the Indian, main restaurant and the hot rock and didn't have a bad meal. The snacks on the beach also deserve a mention.
We had a sea view Rose room which was well decorated with a lovely balcony and pleasant bathroom and was left spotless everyday by Ahmed who was a joy.
The staff on the Beach particularly M. Hamdey from the café, Gika from Scorpian dive centre and Max from the safari group were so kind and friendly it was a sad day when we said goodbye and we hope that they will still be there when we go back next year as they made our stay all the more memorable.
Max organised an excursion into the desert on beach buggies where we also rode Camels and enjoyed the Bedouin hospitality before Stargazing and this is a night that I will cherish for a long time.
The Beach, WOW, plenty of room, first rate towel service, and the Fish life and Coral were mind blowing, my Wife snorkelled for the first time in her life and the variety and amount of fish/coral took her mind off the fact that she was in the sea and we snorkelled at least 5 times every day. I did some scuba diving excursions with Elite diving at Sharks bay and have to mention the totally professional and friendly service they provided me also.
We stayed on an all inclusive S Class package with all food/drink included (21 restaurants), free massage, free laundry, free gym and I would suggest this is the best way to go.
If you are thinking of going to Sharm, look no further, this is the Hotel for you.

Room Tip: Rose rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank neil m
Dear Guest ,

We are so pleased that we met or even surpassed your expectations and that you had “the best holiday you’ve ever had”.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the restaurants here in the Savoy and just a short stroll away in Soho Square. It makes a huge difference to be able to have such choices every night and that’s why our unique S-Class ultra all-inclusive is so popular and such a good deal.

We do indeed have one of the most spectacular reefs in the area for snorkeling and diving. Dive boats come from all along the coast of Sharm El Sheikh just to dive on our own house reef – and it’s just on our doorstep.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and we look forward to seeing you again for another memorable holiday.

Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed 22 June 2014

the hotel location:- far from Naama bay and the old market but the hotel provide shuttel bus to naama bay it works till 11 PM only. the hotel at Soho square.
the hotel rooms:- the hotel divided into 3 areas the nearest area to the beach is Savoy villas it's suitable for families and it's include private swimming pool. the 2nd area behind the villas area is Savoy royal. the 3rd area is savoy hotel and it's far from beach i reserved room with garden and when i went to see the room i found it far from restaurant and beach so i changed the room by another one the rooms are in different buildings the nearest building to restaurant is no 6 the nearest building to swimming pool is no 1.
the food taste is grate and there is variety. there are 4 swimming pool they are cool the stuff is very friendly and give you help when u ask for it.
they have animation club after the dinner it was very nice for kids.
the beach is good but you can't swim near from the beach because there are a lot of corals near from the beach so you should walk on the floating bridge to be able to swim in the sea.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
SAVOYHotelmanagement, General Manager at Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of your recent stay at the Savoy. Your feedback is very important to us and we especially welcome the praise for our staff.

The resort itself is set in a beautiful location not far (but far enough) from the airport and just a 10-15 minute taxi ride to Naama Bay for the more adventurous. The Savoy embodies the highest traditional values, with exceptional restaurants, bars and entertainment. Spread over 200,000 m² of lush tropical foliage, waterfalls and serene surroundings, the Savoy lies at the heart of the spectacular White Knight Beach on the Red Sea in the South Sinai Peninsula of Egypt. The area is renowned for its natural beauty with a rich variety of flora and fauna, desert and majestic mountains. The hotel is 8 km from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport and in front of SOHO Square.

We invest a lot of time and effort into food preparation in the Savoy Group and we are renowned for having some of the best restaurants in Sharm El Sheikh. We offer the best quality products which have been carefully sourced locally and internationally to ensure the best finished product. Our chefs are ex-pats so that when you eat at our Mai Thai restaurant for example, the head chef is Thai and so it goes for all the other authentic foreign cuisines available in Soho Square and the Savoy - 14 à la carte restaurants in total. We have never compromised our quality in order to reduce prices and we never will. Our discerning clientele demands the best and we give them just that.

There are five swimming pools at the Savoy - 3 adult pools (2 heated in wintertime) and 2 children's pools (1 heated in winter time) - offering a relaxing day on sun loungers, protected by parasols. The main feature is a huge three-level swimming pool formed like lagoons, with a gentle slope for kids to paddle. There is underwater music in the pool surrounded by creative rock formations that lead down to the Savoy's secluded White Knight Beach.

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel facilities were ok but i happend to see employees smoking marijuana. I think they should start drug testing for employees as soon as possible. It's not ok for this to happened in such a nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo