Having just returned from a lovely week at the Savoy some of the niggles I experienced during that time have now dissipated.
Generally the hotel is of a high standard, the staff courteous, the facilities excellent and the location in terms of own private beach and easy access to Soho square both really good. We used S class all inclusive which provided us with a superb choice of dining options all of which were first class and not a bad stomach between us!
The staff were all very helpful, especially the pool bar and life guards who made our stay very comfortable.
This is my third trip in 10 months to Sharm El Sheikh and the rooms at the Savoy do not come close compared to The Royale Sonesta and the Stella Di Mare.
I stayed in a sea facing room, single occupancy and I have to admit I was not at all impressed with the room. That much so that I asked to be moved but unfortunately The Savoy was unable to accommodate. I found the bed to be small and uncomfortable and the décor generally tired. My daughters room which was pool facing was not much better however they didn't mention it to me so I guess they were happy.
Another niggle was the internet. Why a hotel as prestigious as The Savoy would want to charge so much money for such poor WIFI is beyond me. I did complain of this and was given a token reduction at the end of the stay.
Overall though it is a good place to stay especially with children and young adults, lots to do, the pool is lovely and the beach nice too.
I would definitely go back but next time upgrade to the Royal Savoy and hopefully enjoy better accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savoy Sharm El Sheikh is located near Ras Mohammed National Park inside SOHO SQUARE, the 5-star hotel offers 136 sea view rooms, 55 pool view rooms, 161 garden view rooms, 46 triple rooms, 2 special care rooms, 13 diplomatic suites, and 1 presidential suite. The hotel also features a private beach, 5 swimming pools 3 adult pools (2 heated in winter time) and 2 children's pools (1 heated in winter time) , 5 Bars (1 pool Bar) , and 6 restaurants Savoy hotel offers different types of meal plans that ensures you trying everything starting from the hotel’s main restaurant to Soho Square different restaurants and cuisines; standard Bed and breakfast, half board, full board, S-Class (ultra all-inclusive concept) , and half and full board dine around option (which SOHO Square restaurants as well) Diving or at least snorkeling with a PADI approved dive school on the beach. In the hotel we can find tennis, squash and beach volleyball courts as well as a modern gym facility . Sauna and Jacuzzis, as well as a range of beauty and spa treatments. Each room features adjustable air conditioning, WiFi access, mini-bar, en suite bathroom and hairdryer, and a private terrace overlooking our gardens , pools, or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh