“faultless”

Ranked #18 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Manchester
“faultless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed at Magic Life in June/July 2012 and have absolutely no criticism for it. From the moment we got there the staff ensured our every need was met. There was an initial hiccup with the room specification but the staff were quick to resolve this and we were able to move to a fantastic room with sea views near to the activity pool the next morning. Honestly the staff here could not do enough for us, special mention to Sammy the bartender at the activity pool bar.
The other half particularly enjoyed all the sports on offer, whilst I was more than happy relaxing by the pool (both the relax pool and activity were brilliant) and watching the activities going on. There really is something for everyone here, a great family atmosphere that is also perfect for young couples.
The whole hotel has a new theme every night for two weeks, right down to the waiter's uniforms and the whole place is transformed for it.
I will not go into all the details of everything that we enjoyed here as it would take too long, but I will say we both agree we would not hesitate to stay here again. Get it booked now!

Room Tip: ask for a room around block 17 (I think) to get a great sea view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lauralou1989

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,259)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with my friend, have literally got back! This was our second time, and have had a fantastic time!! The hotel is clean, friendly and magical, the food was varied and there was plenty to choose from! The staff were courteous and attentive. We never had any illness and ate well everyday! I am quite taken aback by the negative reviews and feel they do not view this hotel correctly! It is a fabulous hotel and I would highly recommend it, we will defo be going back!!! Hi to OMar in the eagles bar!!! He is amazing!! And congratulations to him on the birth of his new daughter!! Hello to the staff at the spa who looked after us!!! And helped us relax!! Please go here and ignore any reviews that are negative!!!

• Stayed August 2012
8 Thank olibill1982
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 10nights from 12th Aug. Really fabulous. Staff are great nothing to much trouble. Hotel is very clean. Food is very good,something for all and entertainment and activities from 7.00am till 2.00 am. Beach and pool areas clean and plenty of sun loungers. Great holiday and will definately go back.

• Stayed August 2012
11 Thank kkathk
Stonehouse, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed here January 2012, this was my 4th time in Egypt and although all the hotels I have stayed in have been very good this was the best. The hotel is spotless, the staff are very friendly, the a la carte restaurants are excellent (although booking system could be improved). A special thank you to the staff in Eagles Bar who made the holiday.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Fiona W
Kilsyth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel for a week in mid-July and had an amazing holiday.
We found the AI price extremely good value for the quality of service and food provided.

I would advise booking the a la carte restaurants as early as possible during your stay to avoid disappoinment. We only managed to book the Egyptian restaurant and the food was superb. One word of warning - the a la carte restaurants are not air conditioned and the Mai Thai (open for lunch during the day) can be unbearably hot - so much so our clothes were saturated by the time we left!

Snorkelling off the pier is great but I reccommend wearing a t-shirt to protect your back and shoulders as the sun is extremely strong even when in the sea - and reef shoes are a must - you can buy these reasonably cheaply from the onsite shop.

There was plenty of daytime entertainment for families but the entertainment staff will happilly leave you in peace (as we did) if you don't want to take part.

There is a large selection of cocktails and alcolholic drinks and my partner, who only drinks a particular brand of lager at home, found the local lager "Sakara" very drinkable. I also found the rose wine very pleasant.

All in all, I would highly reccommend this hotel to both couples and families alike who are looking for a really relaxing sun soaked holiday!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Lynnith
Lincoln, U.K.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

The name doesn't conjour up an image of quality, but don't be put off by the name! The accommodation is spacious and clean, the cleaning staff courteous and efficient. The decor is a little tired and formulaic, but a large clean bed and really efficient aircon are a huge plus factor. Food was plentiful, well cooked and a large selection to choose from. It saddened me to see British teenagers carrying plates of chips with ketchup when there was so much to choose from. Heigh ho, you can't please everybody!

Staff were pleasant, eager to practise their English, and helpful in the extreme. We didn't come across the tip-demanding greed described in some reviews. The site was immaculately kept, the beach spotless and the a la carte restaurants gave a good choice not found in the buffet section. Drinks were okay, though I wouldn't recommend the white wine - go for the sparkling (champagne, as it's lovingly described!!) if you're a white wine person. The rose and red are both drinkable, cocktails weakish but tasty, the beer cold and frothy!

So why not five stars? I think because of Thomson. There was insufficient legroom for a five hour flight. I'm six feet tall, and my knees were jammed in. I felt sorry for those taller than I. When we arrived we were herded into the wrong queue, and the reps outside seemed more interested in chatting to themselves. They were the ones who banged on about tipping! There seemed less attention to detail than the last time we travelled with them.

Overall we had a really good holiday at the hotel and resort. Sunbeds were readily available, and the beach was often almost deserted.

Would I go again? No, but only because we like to try different places for our holidays. Would I recommend the resort? Yes. I

Room Tip: If you like to be near the beach, ask for Block 14. It's only around 25m from it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank thenickmeister
Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We booked this hotel because we had stayed at a different Magic Life the previous year and knew it would be clean, good food and good hospitality. Magic Life in Sharm did not let us down. We had a Junior Suite over looking the sea and the room was kept clean and the fridge stocked with different soft drinks and water every day.

The main restaurant always had a good variety of food and if you didn't want to be too adventurous, there was always chips and pasta on offer. We went to all Al a Carte restaurants too while we were there and would give them all 5 stars. The service is friendly and efficient and the food is spectacular. We don't normally eat see food but the Mediterranean restaurant was superb! All staff at the bars and restaurants are very helpful and friendly. One waiter in particular made us feel welcome each day and couldn't do enough for anyone, Marco Youssif. If you go make sure you sit where he is serving because he will make your meal so much more enjoyable!

The hotel itself was kept very clean and the gardens were well looked after. There was loads to do and we enjoyed the Archery, the instructor was extremely welcoming and was more like a friend at the end of the holiday. I expected to spend most of our time at the relax pool but the atmosphere at the activity was too good to avoid. There is music playing but you can still sit and read a book and there are daily pool games which you can participate in. When it got to about 3/4pm there was a guy that came round with ice creams for everyone too.

We bought a massage for us both as it was our honeymoon. They are actually really reasonably priced and was an experience I would recommend.

Overall the hotel was great, great food, great facilities, great service, great environment and great location. Airport is really close so excursions to Luxor and Cairo were that bit quicker. Although you could hear the odd plane going over the hotel each day it wasn't enough to moan about or become a nuisance.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple