“the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Wirral, United Kingdom
“the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2007

I am writing this review a year after I went. The reason for this is I think this place is a gem I don’t want to share. As I am looking on trip adviser for details of another destination I thought that I would have a little look at the Magic life reviews.
I was so shocked to see that one review gave this place a 1.I was staying there the same time as this person (end March/begin April 2006) and couldn’t have had a more different time there. We booked with Thomson and had a high floor room. Which was the best ever?
My husband calls me a holiday-a -holic. Last year i went abroad 5 times so I am not easily wowed. This place took my breath away. Yes it is vast but Egypt isn’t the place you just walk out of your hotel and wander around. It had everything. Let me give you the low down
Restaurants. These are dotted all around the village. All excellent. I am a coeliac with ibs and dh.I wont bore you but if I eat out and don’t get sick I am lucky. In 2 weeks I was not ill. I put on a stone.
Entertainment. YES IT IS ALL FREE! But when you’re on your holidays you will pay for a good night out. No need. I never went to bed without feeling a bit skewy. So trust me the drinks do have alcohol in. This cant be beaten .They have an outside cocktail bar with entertainment (live) and I don’t mean a Manuel type singing lady in red. Great acts to dance to. They have an inside bar if you just want a quiet drink. They have a night club open till 2am (this is kept hidden away. We walked past it for the first week didn’t know it was there) the best is the amphitheatres Live shows every night.
Staff. The best. Nothing was too much trouble.
I have to sum this up as I could go on for ever.
So many places so little time! This is the only reason I have not gone back again this year. I have never been back to the same place twice but I am going to make an exception in the case of the Magic Life. I am not the type of person who does all inclusive holidays as I don’t always think you get what you pay for. This is the exception to the rule. I can sum this place up in 2 words MAGIC LIFE!!!!

• Liked — beach
  • Disliked — style
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled as a couple
7 Thank clareellis83

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,260)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2007

We spent 10 days at magic life, we could not fault the hotel. The food was brilliant, the staff could not do enough for you, the hotel was beautifully landscaped, it was huge.and it was so clean, the staff were always cleaning. We found that Nabq was the windy part of Sharm, when the sun went down about 5-oo clock it got really cool so you would need a jacket at night.
The beach would not be suitable for children as they would not be able to swim in the sea because of all the coral and stone.I did miss not being able to go into the sea.You felt very secure at this hotel.The down side of it was that there were not many British people there, the hotel was full, about a thousand people and only 40 of them were British, but that was not a problem.There were plenty of sportie things to do, there were plenty of sun beds around the pools and beach.Out of a count of 10 I would give this hotel full marks for food, cleanliness,and friendliness. Would I go back again ,Yes.

Stayed March 2007
5 Thank annienottingham
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2007

My wife and I spent one week here with our two children, ages 3 and 6. The kids club was enough to keep the little ones occupied, but it is not a babysitting service.
The weather was warm and sunny in January, but the ocean water is cold. There is some great diving right off the shore from the hotel, reached by walking out on the hotel jetty.
We took a one day trip to Cairo by air with a private guide upgrade. This was expensive, but well worth the investment as we saw all the sites and things went very smoothly.
Food at this resort was plentiful and with much variety. Drinks are a bit weak, but didn't bother us too much. Rooms are fairly basic, but well maintained and kept clean.
Mostly eastern europeans there at this time of year, a very international crowd. All of the staff spoke english.

• Liked — Worry free, friendly staff, diving convenience.
  • Disliked — a bit isolated.
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Justy1
Kazan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2007

Good hotel. Tasty meal. Greater well-groomed territory. If wish to borrow snorkling, available a fine reef. Up to a reef far to go, but it of that costs. The main thing that was not strong waves, differently you cannot go down in water.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Burtas76
essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2006

great food great people great place

Stayed October 2006
3 Thank footballer
Caersws, Powys, Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2006

Very good place to stay especially if you can speak or understand the German language. The entertainers and the bar staff did their very best and once they new we were British, they always communicated in English, especially William. Excellent fascilities on hand and plenty to do. It is a very big resort. The food was very good with plenty of choice where to eat. We were very disappointed when our 15 year old son tried to book up with Magic Divers and were told "you have come on holiday at the wrong time as we only do beginners courses in German and to try the hotel down the beach". As you can imagin, this spoilt his holiday. But this was a very good place to stay for a family holiday.

• Liked — It was very clean and well looked after.
  • Disliked — Not many British holiday makers.
  • Tips/Secrets — Learn to speak German