“STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #208 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We arrived at the luna shark with a 7mth old boy,1st impressions were that we've arrived in a dump an we were right,the room was rundown,the taps dripped out instead of running,there was no cot so when I asked for it the guy disappeared then 10mins later we spotted him dragging a cot thru the garden area over plants an then dragging it up the stairs to our room. The food if u can call it food was disgusting,it was something off I'm a celebrity,there is random Egyptian men sitting round reception everyday that just glare at the young woman an girls,my Mrs couldn't even use the reception toilets without the guy in the receptions beach shop getting in her face with his dirty eyes all over her,though strangely he never left his shop door when I was stood with her,this guy also was asking the young girls holidaying to leave the parents and let him take around Egypt. There's stray cats walking round the restaurant,as my partner was feeding the baby on of the cats ran at her new hissed trying to get the baby's food. The beach is 15 taxi ride,we were all inclusive yet we had to eat out 3x a day.If this holiday was given to me free of charge I would refuse it,we're currently seeking compensation from on the beach. Com

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank danny b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed at the Luna Sharm for 10 nights. First impressions as we arrived late was ok, we had room 301 which is the only family room, which has 2 single beds as you walk in, 2 couches, a tv with one English channel and a double bed, so its a fairly big room. First impressions its over the bar so can be a little noisy but this does not go on too late and we were out most nights so by the time we got back it was finished. Early in the morning you get the music which can be a bit annoying if you want a lie in. We slept on top of the sheets the first night, in the morning we pulled the blankets back and there was huge black hairs, clearly not belonging to us. So we complained and asked for clean sheets. Which was done. The shower is diabolical that's all I can say about that. Make sure you get some Off Spray of Michael its £5.00 and you deffo need as flys are a real problem round the pool and in the room as the glass windows have huge gaps in them we got ate alive. Saw no roaches in our room but next door got a few, also in the hot plats in the dining room a roach appeared. Saw one swimming in the pool but that was it. I was told by ppl who stayed in some of the best hotels 5 star there that the food wld have been no better, so I would only go back to this hotel for Room Only as its so cheap to eat out. The staff and ppl who work in the shops are ok my advice just deal with Micheal he will give you the best prices and if you see something in Old Sharm he will match the prices so you don't have any of the hassle. If you are all inclusive don't expect the ritz the food is terriable. If you have roast beef and it doesn't all get used, it will be cut up an used in the starters next day, unused bread is then used for breakfast dipped in jams etc If you want butter or tomato sauce you have to ask as the Russians kept robbing it all. If you see cakes when you go in get a plate full before you sit down as it wont be there much longer with the Russians and they wont put any out. You will be lucky to see cakes mostly it is jelly and oranges cut up. we had strawberries on the last day 1 punnit for the whole hotel I blinked and it was gone! We asked for more to be put out and was told no that's all ! Luckily my daughter got a spoon full and we had 3 each !! If you want trips see Mohammed he will look after you. You may see you have a snack bar - there is no snack bar at all. You wont get drunk from the all inclusive alcohol!! If you want food ordering in, mcdonalds, pizzahut, kfc not a problem speak to reception its so cheap so at least you wont starve. However come out of the hotel and get a taxi to El Mercartel which is a 15 minutes walk my advice first time go in a taxi, you should pay no more than 10 Egiptian pound which is £1.00 English. Always agree a price before you get into any taxi, once you no were it is you can walk if you wish, be prepared to be harassed by taxi camel and taxi drivers. There is plenty of food courts, toilets are limited and not in any of the restaurants. Shops there also. Always walk out the hotel for a taxi not the hotel one as this is dear. Some prices from the hotel that you should by paying no more and always always agree, if they say no, walk away until you get the price you want to pay, trust me they will come down to your price. Old Sharm 10 epound, Naama Bay 20epound, SoHo Square 40ep. You can get the local bus, always make sure its the blue and white camper van only sits about 16 ppl and you only pay 3epound per person to the place you going aways ask were it going. SoHo square is expensive but worth a look Ice Bar is a fun thing to do, if you have young kids under 14 ish you should not have to pay as my boy is 13 and they told us we would get him in free, its about £17 English and you get a drink and half our in there. Always before you go into a coffee bar etc ask prices as there is different prices if you a tourist or local!!! No more than 5epound for a tea/coffee if they say 10epound walk out. They trying to rob you. Naama Bay is full of shops there is a coffee bar called Pharahs down the bottem end and the boys in there are nice and will look after you. Again ask prices. Were ever you go the drinks more often or not are full of ice or watered down, so don't expect to get drunk !! If you want to buy something ie an Ice Watch no more than £3.00 English 30 epound, if they start at 100 epound you looking to pay about 40/50 epound which is about £5.00. Don't go into a shop unless you looking to buy as they are persistant and will try and fleece you. Old Sharm worth a visit again get a taxi for the price it cost you, always agree and pay no more than I mentioned I they happy with that you can always tip a bit more. They will want to give you there mobile number and tell you to ring them but taxi so may you don't need. or they will wait outside a restaurant for you esp if its late so it would be rude not to get that taxi back to your hotel. We did quad biking, horse riding, boat trip with snorkling (take snacks as its a long day and lunch not served till later) when you go on any trip they try sell you pics and videos if you don't want do not let them take your pic at the beginning and if you do agree a price. They take you to the villages were your supposed to get a free drink they only bring that out after they have tried to sell you all kinds so just wave your hand and so no. If you do want a cold drink just hold out a 10 epound and say that's all you have, otherwise they try and get much much more out of you. All these trips were fab. We did the stargazing trip which was ok I wouldn't bother to do again though. We also went on the local bus to Cairo with English ppl who live there, we paid £10.00 per person return on the local Go Bus which was overnight 7 hours. We got the metro to Giza pyramids 10p lol then a taxi into the pyramids and we went the museum of cairo. In all a fab day we went Saturday night and returned to hotel Monday morning so a lot to fit in cost £20.00 per person in all including entrance fees so much cheaper than doing with the hotel. You need a visa if you want to do this and if you want to do the boat trips, so when you get the hotel if you do not want a visa do not go to the left go straight to the right, they will sell you one any way and tell you need one any way even if you don't !! If you staying in sharm and you wont have a reason to go out as everything there, then you don't need a visa! They herd you to the left, just turn and go straight right. Its bedlam the airport esp when you get your cases if you have a private pick up just look for the board with the rep we had AtoB and found it no problem but it can be worrying. On a whole Egypt is fantastic lots to see and do, we loved it and will be going back fortunately for us we met English ppl living there so they took us in hand and told us the does and donts so we are so much wiser so be careful with your money etc. It is safe there there is plenty of security checkpoints and if you have a problem go speak to them they look after the tourists. So I hope my review helps you. Tipping is best done in English pound coins and £1.00 is ok but you are not expected to tip for everything certainly not if you having a coffee in a bar etc maybe if you been for a meal and had good service etc, your cleaner in the room tip at the end a couple of pound if they carry your cases in or out a couple of quid, you get the airport your cases are on a trolly before you can say anything so again 2.00 no more they will tell you 4.00 just give the 2.00 and tell them to go away do not be intimated by anybody and never be afraid to raise your voice this will get the attention of the airport staff who will look after you and chase them. Best place to get smokes is the Duty Free in the resort take your passport then you get genuine, or wait till you get back to the airport and get them (little dearer) and yes there is duty free shops around the resorts. Any way enjoy your holidays to this fantastic place and I hope my review will help you to make some good choices.

Room Tip: Everyone who books is told they will get the family room (there is only one) so if you get room 301...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CathyBennett030313
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I think I must have been at different hotel to these other people I found the bar staff very good ,in the 10 days there I never saw a rat and only one cock roach. I did how ever find a lot of English people that moaned about every thing if you want 5 star then go to a 5star hotel not a two star. the shop in the hotel good , nothing was to much trouble for Michael he sorted out my phone and having left my charger at home he charged it at home for me.Next time people go to Egypt they should remember that the staff of hotels work 14 hrs a day and earn £90 a month so a tip is always welcome .

Room Tip: First floor with garden view will be quieter no pool noise
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank On1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2013

i went to luna sharm in september, it was for 11 nights. the hotel was filthy, the staff not helpful. i had to change my hotel the next day. there were other people there who had also asked to be moved and we were told that people had already moved before we arrived. i am trying to seek compensation for my holiday as i had to pay to stay in another hotel. unfortuanatly this hotel is still being falsly advertised

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank nelly1917

Travellers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I can only endorse the previous reviewer (sally s) as I was obviously at this hotel at the same time and experienced the same. I booked 14 nights all inclusive through On The Beach and the only things that were all inclusive were the rats , the insects, the cockroaches on my table at lunchtime, the lack of service at the bar and the re-constituted food that appeared at each sitting. I could not sleep , the bed was so hard - the lad who did the cleaning (he was very nice) swapped the mattress but that did not make any difference - it was like sleeping on the floor - there was no hot water - the guy came to "fix" it but I was still left with just a trickle that after about 5 minutes became luke warm if you were lucky (the tap fitting was loose and wobbled about /nearly came out of the sink when used. I lasted 2 more days and then bought myself a flight back home. Definitely the worst holiday I have ever experienced in 50 years of holidaying and I can usually put up with quite a lot.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Tony H
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

do not go to this hotel, there were rats being eaten on a sun lounger by crows, and when we told the pool man, he washed the sunbed in the childrens pool, the barstaff were very rude, unless you tipped them, the receptionist was very surly, i bought sunglasses in the shop at the hotel, they broke, i took them back, he said i never bought them from him, the food, now thats another story, stir fried liver, barfff, no drinks in the restaurant, or little hovel room in the corner, you were allowed one glass of wine a day, the spirits were undrinkable, the coke and lemonade, just yuk, the cleaner was very nice, but my bathroom was mouldy,and as you came out of the hotel it looked like it had been bombed,there also was a man there from ripon, he was such a pain, it was like a singles club, lots of bed hopping, defo not a place for family,s or children, its put me off egypt, tips,tips,tips,thats all they want................

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank sally s
London
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Not the smartest hotel but it offers excellent value for money. Very friendly staff. Room was basic but clean. As a vegetarian I found the food very acceptable. Lots of choice especially at breakfast. I particularly liked using the spa and had a massage every day. The masseur - little Ahmed was exceptionally good at his job and again excellent value for money. Of course there were things that one could have complained about but for the money they were pretty insignificant. I certainly had an enjoyable time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo