“Best hotel”

Ranked #205 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Donetsk, Ukraine
“Best hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

This is the perfect hotel. Great staff. Very polite and pleasant. Always get help. Excellent conditions. Great friendly people. Do their work on time, quickly and efficiently. Nice rooms with all the terms. In perfect condition. On territories amazing beautiful trees that are always green. A lot of nature. It's fine. The food is very tasty. There are beauty services, high quality. If you have any questions. Write. I'll be glad to help.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Veronika98
Khaled A, General Manager at Luna Sharm Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments on our staff and services, it is such a boost for our staff to know that their work is appreciated and that our guests do acknowledge the efforts being done. we can only promise of doing our utmost to do more of the good work and even improve our services at all levels

Looking forward to your next visit to Luna Sharm Hotel

All the best :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

as a cheap holiday and hotel it was satisfactory, the rooms were ok, the air conditioning was quite good, showers not so good,
the pool area was nice but could do with maintenance,
the reception area is in dyer need of air conditioning as it is not working at the moment, so sitting in there on your last day waiting for taxi aint pleasent,
i have to say the worst area is the restaurant, its not big enough, could do with modernising, the food is pretty much the same every day with no viriaty what so ever, its just not catered for english and european holiday makers,
however the staff will try to go out of there way to help you if it is possible, they are very friendly and will advise you on thing the best they can,
also the marco and annia on the annimation team were excellent, if it wasnt for them the holiday would of been awful, they speak a number of languages mainly russian, english, and egyptian, they are especially good the kids

Room Tip: try to pick a pool view as there isnt much to look at around the perimeter
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank pete b

Travellers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

very good staff. especially mahmoud in bar . reda in restaurant. even security is very helpful. when i forget my phone in the reception . they bring it back to me. food is nice and chef rabie have done all his best to get us what we need. room is okay. clean and tidy . shortly you get what you paid for. this not my first visit and will not be last one

Room Tip: around the swimming pool
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sarah b
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Where do I start! My partner booked this for us for my 30th Birthday......Stayed at the Luna Sharm between 7th July 2014 - 17th July 2014. Upon arrival we checked in, to be told that there was not safety deposit boxes only behind reception, this made us feel uncomfortable about leaving passports and money etc in our room luckily we had cases with padlock so used these for the duration of the holiday!

After being lead across a dark pool area, no lighting at all in or around the pool we passed the bar with no one around and was directed to our room which was again along a dark corridor no lighting at all, we entered the room which was clean, basic but clean or so it looked! The shower was poor more like a trickle and the shower curtain had definitely seen its day it was dirty and didn't make the bathroom look appealing! There are fridges in the room handy for water etc but it didn't close properly and had ants running over the top of it.

We went down to the bar for a drink and as it was 9.55pm was allowed one drink as the all inclusive bar shuts at 10pm, the mixture of drinks was disgusting their perception of a cocktail was dark rum vodka a splash of sprite and some colouring! After a long day we went to bed thinking maybe its just a quiet night and we will see what it is like in the morning, the following morning we went for breakfast and compared to the official website pictures the restaurant looked NOTHING like the pictures, the choices for breakfast where poor, watered down warm milk! The waiter however did try to make us feel welcome and did toast us some bread upon request, I went for the omelette which was ok and this is what I stuck to for the duration of the holiday!

After breakfast we sat round the pool I couldn't believe how quiet it was, there where few guests around however not as many as I would expect in July! The tiles in the pool are not safe and cracked and my partner cut his foot, the further on in the holiday that it got the worse the food got, and the drinks, it was either orangeade, cola or lemonade, beer ( in a bottle so if it had been opened an hour ago and you got the end bit it wasn't appealing ) awful spirits with mixer, soft drinks such as orange juice or any still drinks for that matter are not free and you have to get a drink from the bar before sitting down to lunch or dinner as there are no drinks in the restaurant. The pools cups are the same as children's party cups, one sip and its nearly gone, and certainly no bar snacks or any other food other than breakfast dinner or tea, this would not have bothered me at all if the food at meals times was half decent, myself and my partner ( when we did eat in the restaurant ) stuck to pasta, rice and bread rolls. One day we thought our luck was in chips for lunch, but then the idea soon wore off when they used the left over chips at dinner team and mixed them In with the chicken!

The hotel have no ice creams not even ones you can buy! The one day we did ask for one they went to the shop and bought some and charged us £2 per ice cream. On one occasion a couple we met had to teach the bar staff how to make cocktails! Even though there is a notice offering these at 30 Egyptian and also 2 for 3 offer! They then started to make the cocktails but wouldn't allow the 3 for 2 option as they told it was not the offer and it only applied to fruit drinks? Needless to say these cocktails where the nicest drinks we had at the luna so we didn't mind paying for them, i'm not sure where the money was going that we paid for them though, as we where told by the reception we had been charged wrong at one point and given a refund! If ever we questioned this or the 2 for 3 offer they just laughed and brushed it off!

The best part of the holiday was the excursions we booked, the aqua waterpark, the VIP boat trip, Soho Square and Holywood, and there is brilliant karaoke bar next door called jive bar, all inclusive drinks, cocktails, spirits and beer between 10pm and 3am for 175 Egyptian pounds (anything to avoid the drinks and food at the luna ) they also do some very nice food and reasonable too! The manager did ask us where we where staying and when we told her she said you will be looking at our food menu then I take it, so I presume we aren't the first to dislike the food! There is a café bar on the hotel premises this is not included in your all inclusive but the staff are very friendly and we could go and watch the football there.

We did meet a family and another couple at the hotel which made up for the poor hotel, and we could all laugh about the funny experiences.

I didn't get bitten at all through the day however I am always positive there is something in the beds/rooms as for the whole holiday me and my partner constantly scratching all night and being bitten!

There was a good side to the hotel some of the staff are very nice and helpful and Micheal in the shop cannot do enough for you, even down to telling to that you can pay him later which we always did, he was always very cheerful and if you needed anything that he didn't have he would go out of his way for you, Karim the excursion rep at the hotel is also good and doesn't mither you.

Overall I would not return to the Luna sharm, however I do think that if they made a few changes and amended things slightly and catered for all nationality's with the food it would be an ok hotel, I would definitely return to egypy but in a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Louisemarie84
Cardiff
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Luna Sharm all inclusive from the 14th-28th July 2014. We had paid for our transfers through lowcostholodays.com (£15 each way) however the Egyptian transfer men, insisted that we must tip them! However, as we had only just got there we had not yet transferred enough money to tip them (as we only had £100 Egyptian notes!) So, we arrived at 10.05pm on the 14th at the hotel, to be told we weren't able to have a drink as the all inclusive had now finished. So, we asked if we were able to have a bottle of water between the two of us for the evening, they replied by telling us that we had to pay for bottled water! So evidently that is not all inclusive. When we went to the room we were flabbergasted, a hotel in this state would receive no stars in the UK! We were put in a room over looking the pool (when we requested a balcony!) and the bedroom door leading out did not lock in the slightest! From the other side you gave it a good shake and it opened!! It was ridiculous. The shower was like a trickle coming out of the ceiling with water stains throughout the roof. There was no hot water at all in the room. That night we were adamant we were going to talk to our rep the following morning and request we were moved hotel.

The following morning, we had our meeting with the rep and we had calmed down to an extent. The excursions in which he offered "looked" great. So instead of moving hotels we decided to move rooms which we did to the first floor where we were happier, to an extent. The fridge didn't work. The balcony was so over grown it wasn't possible to sit out there (however a week and a half into our holiday they decided to trim it!). The room again, had no hot running water. The bed was like sleeping on a brick wall as the mattress was so thin! Our bedding didn't get changed for the whole two weeks and you could smell it hadn't been washed in a good while. The only time I got bitten was when I was sleeping in that bed, so that speaks volumes at the levels of cleanliness this hotel has to offer!!! On another note, the hotel towels were disgusting they always had stains of a variety of colouring on them and we constantly asked for clean ones and only once in our two week stay were they changed. Our 'new' room had regular visitors of lizards and massive red ants which climbed up the drain pipe.

The second day, we had moved rooms and I hadn't yet been up to the room so I asked for help off one of the boys working in the hotel, he was kind enough until we got to the room when he turned and produced a condom and asked me to let him into our room!!!! I was so shaken up as I have never had anything like that happen to me before. Especially as he knew full well that my boyfriend was lying by the pool waiting for me!!

With the rep we booked the 5 in 1 excursion which included star gazing, quad biking, an authentic Egyptian dinner, show and camel ride. We paid an additional £20 to get a sand buggy, so that my boyfriend could drive and if there were any problems we would be together. And problems there were! At first thought we thought the sand buggy was merely misfiring however after our first stop (camels) the buggy wouldn't go over 10kmp and we were abandoned by the reps and the rest of the group to carry on to our next destination by ourselves through the desert. Although this wasn't a problem until it fell dark, we asked them to replace the buggy for us and they persistently said they would fix it. So our trust fell to them and again we were abandoned, however this was when it was pitch black in the desert with random camels walking about. We wouldn't have minded if they had fixed the buggy but them didn't and persistently lied to us especially when we paid in total £98 (English) for this trip! When we finally got hold of someone to complain to they merely told us we should have told someone when we were there - however there was no one there for us!! The day was good but was ruined due to the lack of compassion we experienced. I would not, however, recommend getting any excursions from 'travel trend'. We met with our rep the following morning to complain and he simply told us we could go night clubbing for free or to soho square (however we had already been) for free. And couldn't get any of the additional money back. We were persistent and eventually we managed to get £100 Egyptian pounds back (about £10 British) and a free trip to soho.
We also booked another trip to the Ras Mohammed which was fantastic! We went snorkelling among the corrals and the guys on board were really helpful (as I was a bit nervous about the deep water). The only downside, again, was the hassling for tips.

On talking to other Brits in the hotel we felt better as some of them had had it worse than we had had it. A man walks his camel up and down the road in front of the hotel asking you to take pictures and then persistently hassles you for money. Getting in your face, and swearing. He swore at us and followed us all the way back to the hotel entrance where he waited 3-4 minutes before realising we weren't coming back.

The food and drink are another matter completely! The best thing about the food is the pancakes in the morning. Fill yourself up at breakfast time and save disappointment for lunchtime. The food is the same day in, day out. No fresh fruit or vegetables. And a dish they label "meat". On one occasion another British family told us "tonight it's definitely goat". We rarely ate the food at lunchtime/tea time after the first couple of days as it was the same. A great restaurant just across the way called "Picassos" really saves you from the utter poop they serve you!! The only drinkable alcoholic drink they served you was the rum and cola. It isn't coke or Pepsi it's their own brand and neither is the gin, rum, vodka or any other drink! We saw on several occasions Eastern Europeans having their big water bottles filled up (from the water dispenser) from behind the bar, when my boyfriend asked if we could have our filled up they claimed not to know what we were on about!!! When he asked could he have several cups at once to fill it up they again said 'no'.

There is a shop in the hotel reception ran by a man called Michael. He sells water £5 Egyptian cheaper than the hotels and is open from about 11am until 11pm. He also sells crisps, sweets etc and is genuinely the only perk of the hotel. On several occasions we left money in our room and he said we were ok to pay him later (which we always did).

Once in our two weeks did they put the sprinklers on in the gardens and you understood why they did it so rarely. The stench of sewage made your eyes water!! Even closing our balcony door you could smell the horrendous smell!!

On our last day we weren't getting picked up until 5.45 however we had to check out of our room at 12pm (standard) but we weren't allowed any drinks or anything after this, in such a hot country I think it's terrible.

In summary, the food is crap, the drink is crap, the people hassle you constantly for tips, the bed linen, towels etc have seen far better days and are in need of a dire wash! Wifi (which is normally free in the reception area) we had to pay an additional £100 Egyptian for it to work and then it only worked on one device! The ATM at the hotel eats your card so we had to go to the hotel next door to use their ATM! Never enough sun beds to accommodate the amount of people either. I would honestly pay an additional £100 each to go somewhere a lot better!!

We will NOT be coming back to Egypt again ever.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank armo123
epsom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Booked a last min deal with a friend and wasnt quite sure what to expect -location isnt fab altho supermarket across road,short taxi ride to naama and short walk into town for shops etc.rooms were fine being 2ladies we did request high floor and were given ground floor no other rooms available-wasnt overly happy for security reasons especially when speaking to other guests and heard rooms were being broken into!we were lucky and didnt happen to us!pool was lovely if a little too cold-had massages done by girls in massage tent 1word-amazing!!we went all inc food was as to be expected we had no issues-alcohol on otherhand was not nice all spirits especially vodka was almost undrinkable(cheap brand) orange juice not nice either.walk next door (left of hotel entrance) lovely shack bar and owner has smirnoff and is very welcoming..never any sunbeds available all had towels down-and people wouldnt appear out of rooms till late afternoon!1morning we put towels down at end of week to find no towels on beds they had been thrown behind reception-yet if u pay staff they will reserve your beds for u!!nowhere near enough sunbeds loads on their roof but staff would not bring them down.for a cheap hol no problems I would go back but would prob wake up crack of dawn and sleep on sunbed to ensure I got a bed!!

• Stayed August 2013
Newton Stewart
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Where to begin? …. I arrived back home a few days ago following a weeks stay at Luna Sharm. Sharm and the sun were as beautiful as ever, but since my stay at the Luna last year, it has gone downhill with the biggest crash ever. I received a nice warm welcome for my return stay & I was looking forward to another fantastic week. How wrong could it get. On the way up to my room, we passed by a pair of childs pants who had obviously not made it to the toilet. I expected the pants to be gone by the next day as it was a disgusting sight, not to mention the germs. Yes, the pants had been moved …. Only to be laid on the top of the bushes at the side of the steps - and to still be there at the end of my holiday! The security lock on my room door didn’t work & travelling as a single female it was important that it functioned correctly. It was only a 5 minute job to fix - it took them 2 days to attend to it. I even offered the cleaner to do it myself if they got the parts! There were baby Cockroaches in the ladies toilet in reception and also Cockroaches in the dining room. If there are babies, I’m sure there are adults somewhere! If you happen to look on the dining room walls whilst having your dinner, you may spot the odd tomato seed that’s obviously been stuck there a very long time! The cleaner of my room on 2 occasions, brought me someone’s sun cream that had been left behind; on 2nd time he offered me a massage in my room! The employees were calling each other names in English & loud in front of all the guests. Did not really go there to hear them being call fg mingers. One of the managers told a guest he’d got that brown he looked like a Ngr. A staff member, every morning would come to the old gent I’d got chatting with who kept his cigs in a case from his father & stand there asking for a cig until he got one. I couldn’t believe the rudeness and audacity of this person. One morning the old man was sat with his cig case under his leg & the man cam again asking for cig, this time the old man didn’t move & I told the man not to be so cheeky. At breakfast, there is a large glass bowl of jam, where you serve yourself with a spoon. I noticed one morning that a guest had left a plate there at the side of the jam bowl with a pile of jam on it …. Why was it left there? Did they stick their finger in it to taste it & didn’t like it? Who knows why the plate was left there but in the next minute, a Manager picked up the side plate & scraped the mound of jam back into the bowl. I, and the old man were horrified as to what we had just witnessed. Almost ALL the cups at breakfast are chipped & cracked. Would recommend take your own. I wanted to visit Naama Bay one night & thought I’d use the bus the hotel provides. Leaving at 8.30 pm & return at 11 pm. I had told the desk I would be going & asked them if there was a need to book. I was told to be waiting outside for 8.30pm. I went out approx 8.17. It got to 8.45 & still no bus stopped. (plenty going past though). There were a group of Egyptians waiting for the bus outside & they too said bus at 8.30 & return at 11. The ‘bus’ arrived eventually & I boarded with everyone else. I was then surrounded by a bus full of egyptians when an old guy came & shouted in my face, where am I going? I told him Naama Bay. He said you not going Naama bay. I replied the bus provided by the hotel & I could use it. He then told me that the bus was for Egyptians only & if I didn’t get off they were going to take me to Cairo. By this time I was petrified & quickly got off the bus to go & see the reception staff. I was extremely emotional & terrified. The man on reception said the bus was there & it did stop & I wasn’t stood there! He called over the security man who said the bus on time, it did stop & I wasn’t there! I asked for a manager & he was soon saying the same thing until I said, look, I don’t lie, I promise what I was saying, if the bus had have been there I would have got on it. They were all calling me liar more or less & the ignorant man behind the counter was basically arguing with me. Not professional. They paid for a taxi to take me to Naama & advised the driver to drop me where the bus will return at 11 pm. Again, I made sure I was at the bus stop early, 10.50, & waited. Again, no bus, though it passing again over the other side of a busy dual carriageway. I had no choice but to get a taxi back on my own. Next day, spoke with the manager who appeared to be listening, but obviously thinking otherwise. The manager then said they would not be using that shuttle bus company anymore as it transpired that the bus did go past but on the wrong side of the road in both instances. He said that change would happen by Sunday evening. Monday morning, the same bus was there to take people to the beach! Spoke with the owner (who the old man knew quite well) who seems to have adopted the ostrich approach & has his head in the sand. I advised him that the ignorant, arrogant man on reception needs speaking with & should never argue with customers & definitely not imply that guests are liars! A young man cut the bottom of his foot open in the pool (many of the floor tiles in the pool are broken, cracked & chipped & large quantity of them don’t have any grout between the tiles & can be lifted straight out!) The young man bled a lot into the pool as it was a fair slice. They didn’t even drain the pool to get rid of the blood or close it temporarily for a deep clean. Around the edge of the pool is dangerous as the ‘concrete’ floor joining up to the drain area surrounding the pool is all cracked & breaking away. Yes, the hotel is cheap as chips, but there are no reasons for it to be filthy & certainly no reason for rude staff & broken crockery. So, the Sun was amazing, Sharm is still stunning & the hotel is a hell hole. In all honesty, the hotel needs closing, have a total clean, overhaul & rennovation & some staff changed. At the moment, you really would not send your worst enemy there! Beware.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo