“Relaxing time with lovely staff”

Tropicana Rosetta & Jasmine Club
Ranked #143 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Relaxing time with lovely staff”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my family have just returned from our trip and what a wonderful one it was. The hotel is in a brilliant location being only a 10 minute walk from naama bay which everyone should experience at least once, yes you can get hassled by some people but usually if you give a polite no thank you and just carry on this will normally be enough. The staff at the hotel are what put the icing on the cake for me, everyone was more than helpful and I must say that the restaurant staff were brilliant and that Mido in the main pool was awesome,always smiling and having a laugh. Some how he even got our 13 year old too smile which is an achievement in itself like most teenagers. The only downside is the animation team which were for me only " entertainment " in name, for example trying to get our 13 year old involved with the kids club in the evening which was rather embarrassing for him after the first 4 tries. But otherwise I would recommend this hotel and sharm el sheikh in a heartbeat. P.s you must try the Red Sea cruise it's worth every penny and more

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Steve W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

As previously experienced when reading negative reviews on Trip Advisor, I was slightly concerned when we left for this hotel in Egypt two weeks ago. I got back this morning and would suggest the negativity is more of a reflection of the individuals who write it, than on the hotel iself.

We travelled as a family of four with two teenage children. The 'Brits' seem to be put in the Jasmine Club part of the hotel, around the quiet pool!

We arrived late in the evening, but reception and porters dealt with us efficiently to enable us to get to the restaurant before it closed. The restaurant staff were great and in particular our waiter Mohhamad who couldn't do enough for us during our stay. As with any All Inclusive, and particularly if you are staying for two weeks, it does get a bit repetitive, but you could normally find something for Breakfast/lunch/dinner that you like. It is also fairly cheap to eat out, so it can be broken up with trips to mac'ds, KFC etc if that's your thing. You also get one visit to the 'Italian' restaurant by the quiet pool and this too was ok.

The rooms/beds/bathrooms are what you would expect from a 3 star hotel. The 'Housekeepers' worked hard and allthough we didnt have our room made up every day (our choice) when it was done it was always very well done. Its been mentioned elsewhere but the 'Towel Art' is a nice feature and very clever.

The staff at the pool bar look after you with snacks and drinks during the day, and will often pitch up at your lounger with a refreshment whether you are tipping or not.

I must mention the other Mohammad (Ali) who comes around the pool selling his excursions. We did the quad biking (twice) and the snorkelling through him and much cheaper than Thompsons (sorry Thompsons but you weren't even running the Quad bike trips due to 'safety' concerns).

The 'Entertainment team' led by Foxy and abily supported by Abbie did their best with what was available to them. They also arranged trips into town after entertainment finished at the hotel at 11pm. This was well recieved by my two teenage children, and they were always escorted back after a night on the town.

I would certainly recommend Sharm, especially after 14 days uninterrupted sunshine and high 30's temperatures. In fact I didn't see a cloud for the whole two weeks. If you are looking for a good 3 star hotel then i would recommend the Jasmine Club. If you have an extra couple of grand to play with have a look at the 'Reef Oasis' five star....very nice although I bet a few people would even find something to whinge about there!

Room Tip: The Brits seem to be put around the 'Quiet pool' and we had rooms 2217 and 2218 both of whic...
6 Thank Stewaak
Derbyshire
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had booked this hotel for our Honeymoon, but after reading certain reviews, we were a little concerned and wondered if we had chosen wrongly! This was our first visit to Egypt so we were not sure what to expect. I would say the hotel is a 3 star, but you get what you pay for, so if you're expecting 5 star, then you have to pay 5 star prices. The staff are fantastic and cannot help you enough. The Jasmine club part is definitely better than the Rosetta, but they seem to put most British people in the Jasmine anyway. We had room 2109 which overlooked the 'quiet' pool and it was perfectly situated. We had slight problems with the Egyptian and Russian holidaymakers who do not seem to know what manners are! We saw them a few times taking other peoples belongings and towels and putting them on the floor and replacing them with theirs! The 'quiet' pool did become quite rowdy when the pool boy/bar staff/manager allowed the Egyptians in and it did spoil it some days. We got there at the end of Ramadan so it became increasingly busier and noisier! The food was nice to begin with, but became very repetitive. Most people we spoke to had started to eat out at least in the evenings as they had had enough of chips, pasta, chicken or beef everyday. The Egyptians/Russians piled their plates so high with food - which is fine if they are going to eat it - but most of the time, we saw the Restaurant Staff having to throw most of it away - what a waste! Naama Bay itself is very bustling in the evenings, and we were put off the first evening we went there as the bar/restaurant/shop owners are very persistent in trying to get you in. I prefer to be left alone to look around shops etc, but there is no chance of this is Naama Bay. It wasn't as bad the second time we went there,but maybe that is because we knew what to expect. All in all, we had a fantastic honeymoon and we are already planning to return to the Jasmine for our 1st Wedding Anniversary!

Room Tip: Rooms around the quiet pool in the Jasmine club have been refurbished and are much nicer!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Andrea B
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel is an average hotel. You get what you pay for. I was quite concerned when i read some of the reviews on this hotel, however it is no where near as bad as what some people have made it out to be. If people want pure luxury' then a 5* hotel is where they need to book into.
The hotel (inside and out) is very clean. A lick of paint is due but that is nothing major. The rooms are a nice decent size, the beds are very big and comfortable also. The bathroom was 'quite modern and the shower was very spacious.
Our cleaner for the first week of our stay was absolutely lovely and very very good, Every part of our room was always spotless after he had been in. I celebrated my 18th birthday in Egypt and the cleaner made such an effort in our room to recognize my birthday. He did this by putting up birthday banners, and creating beautiful towel designs which he left on the furniture and bed. Also left pink confetti around the room :) We were also left other various towel designs during our stay! :)
I am a vegetarian so was very worried about what choice of food would be available to me. I was very impressed with the food (other then finding 3 hairs in our meals) In the pasta and chips, cooked at the live cooking station and also in the mash Potato. This was obviously very of putting to us but our complaints were accepted and were dealt with.
The large pool looks to be 'green' and looks dirty and of putting. When in the pool, the water always seemed to be clean but was in desperate need to be re tiled and the sides needed painting. Around this pool, next to every sun bed were ants nests, this was very annoying and made you feel dirty when finding ants crawling up your lounger on to your towels and belongings. The quiet pool nearer to the jasmine bar is a much nicer pool to be in and around. Bar staff at the quiet pool were also a lot friendlier which helped to create a nice atmosphere.
The restaurant staff were lovely and couldn't do more to help you. Before needing to ask for your drinks to be topped up, a fresh drink would already be waiting on your table. You were greeted each time when you arrived and again when you left the restaurant which was lovely and made you feel welcome. A big thank you to Mohammed for making our restaurant experiences the best it could of been.
The majority of the animation team were nice and friendly and tried there best to entertain, however the equipment given to them was poor resulting in a lack of activities that could be done throughout the day. The entertainment began at 9.30pm, the kids disco which was done every night went on until around 10.10pm, the show would then begin and would be finished around 10.55pm. The entertainment was not the best and was far to short. The all inclusive finished at 11pm so then your choices of things to do were limited. The animation team went out with hotel guests every night after the shows finished. We did this one night however found it to be EXTREMELY expensive to go out with the animation team so did not go again.
This hotel was in the perfect location. Next to a mini supermarket, a pharmacy and internet cafe. Only a 5 minute walk away from the beach and about a 10-15 minute walk into the center of nama bay.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone after a cheap and cheerful get away :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank H1996
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was my first visit to Egypt with my family, and we could not have asked, for a nicer reception from all the staff in the jasmine restaurant, they couldn't have been anymore pleasant or helpful anymore then they were, we all felt completely relaxed and made to feel really special, all tye animations staff made us feel like we were part of a really big family especially a young lady called Abbie . The pool could do with a new lick of paint, but the staff were really friendly.

Room Tip: One near the relaxing pool
London
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed here with a friend 16th July for 2 weeks.
Perfect location, close to everything.
Food was ok, a bit repetitive throughout the week.
Staff are amazing & so friendly, the restaurant staff.
The animation team were brilliant too, especially Abbie, who was really friendly & fun!

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 6 August 2014

What a brilliant holiday! Before I came here I read some of the reviews and was nervous about my stay but once I arrived I was greeted to a beautiful reception area where the staff made everyone who had just arrived a drink. I wasnt impressed with the staff member who took our bags to our room and stood waiting for a tip, so make sure you have something small in Egyptian! We arrived after the all inclusive restaurant had closed but found two plates full of cold meats, breads, cheeses and fruit waiting for us when we arrived. We only stayed around the lagoon pool near the restaurant as we found that always had sunbeds no matter what time you go. All the staff and the birtish holidaymakers at this hotel were so friendly, everyone would just chat to you which made the holiday more enjoyable. The food is average, there is always something someone would like. The Thomson rep recomended having a couple of spoonfuls of their natural yoghurt for breakfast everyday so you get all the natural bacteria into you system and this will help against the 'deli belly'. I would recommend stocking up on bottles of water as their is a fridge in your room and this will come in handy. The animation team were fantastic, Tanya and Emma, in particular! They really improved the holiday! The pool was always a lovely temperature and you won't have any problems getting in it! Would recommend the snokelling trip, whichever one you do as it was fantastic! If you want wi-fi I would suggest the Star Cafe next door but they change the password regularly so you will need to buy a drink everytime you want wi-fi. Overall a brilliant holiday and I will be going back here!