Sat, 16 Mar 2013 at 20:24Sat, 20:24Message starred FROM Peter Pope TO You Sharm el Sheikh 2013 Show Details FromPeter Pope Tonakacha05@yahoo.co.uk Sharm el Sheikh 2013
The beach albatros hotel
Well if you have a few minutes and would like to read how I found this resort warts and all then please read on. This is my third stay at this hotel and I expect it not to be my last. I first stayed here in 2011 for 3 weeks, starting in late January and liked it so much that in the following year I spent the first 8 weeks of the year here, and have done the same this year, starting on 10/1/2013 . The weather here at this time of year can be a little unsettled but in the main the sun has been out on most of the days and the daily temperature has been on the hot side of warm. The sea is warm and the snorkelling is not bad with a wide and varied selection of fish, if only people would stop standing on the coral it would be even better. Of course the hotel is not responsible for the weather They are responsible for the food and drinks and there a good supply of both, the meals are as you would expect a buffet style if you are here for 2, 3, or 4 weeks then you will have no problem at all, however if like me you are here for a much longer time then the food does become a little repetitive that said from time to time they bring out a little somthing different , I must say that I love fish ,calamari and the stuffed fish roll that had an enormous prawn in it, the beef chicken ,quail , duck, liver and turkey make up the rest of the food that is on offer, However there is a down side even here well this is a muslim country and whilst you can get as drunk as a lord on a wide range of beer, wines and spirit, THERE IS NO AND I SAY IT AGAIN NO BACON OR PORK to be had. there is a massive selection of fresh fruit cheeses yoghurt cereals pancakes and pastries for breakfast and a super chef that will cook your eggs just the way you like them. There is an animation team that do their best to amuse us, but I think that they would do better in the summer when the visitors are perhaps a little bit younger. The room that we have is the one that we asked for, not the biggest but the one we like, the lad that comes round every day to clean and tidy looks after us , and if there is a problem he will sort it out or get a man that can. From our room we can see the Veranda bar ,old sharm and the mountain range across the bay. I am now trying to tell you something bad about the place, the hotel is part of a chain and one of the other hotels in the group bus people to the beach and they walk through our hotel to get to it, but this means that they take all the places in the lift to get to the beach and this can be annoying at times. Yes I forgot to mention , as Brits we are in the minority , most are Russian then German , Swiss, French ,and a good deal of other nationalities with us coming in somewhere after the Germans'. As a final remark I must say that this is undoubtably the best hotel I have stayed in ,in Sharm and I will be back again next year. Perhaps I will see you there.
Sent from my iPadDelete Reply Reply All Forward Move Spam Actions Next Previous
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LocationBeach Albatros SSH located on the Sharm Elmaya bay. Only 20 minutes from SharmInternational Airport, the Hotel is built on an area covering over 137,000 sq. m.• 20 minutes to the airport• 10 minutes to Na’ama bay (Center of Sharm El Sheikh)• 05 minutes to the old town• Shuttle bus to Na’ama bay (extra charge)Rooms & Amenities• Number of rooms: 228 Rooms• Double rooms 194 rooms with Terrace or Balcony, Maximum 3 person's occupancy, Air condition, direct dialing phone, Sat. TV, Mini Bar, Hair dryer.• Chalets 34 rooms two bedrooms + Living room , and one bathroom, with stylish windows or terrace 1 - 4 persons, Air condition, direct dialing phone, Sat. TV, Mini Bar, Hair dryer.• Number of floors: 3 in the main building ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Beach Albatros Sharm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Albatros Sharm Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Beach Albatros Egypt
- Beach Albatros Sharm El Sheikh