“Lovely coral reef as part of hotel”

Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Ranked #60 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Essex, United Kingdom
“Lovely coral reef as part of hotel”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Wow. The first day of snorkelling we saw stingrays and turtles. Right at the end of the hotel jetty and to the right is the most amazing coral. The hotel is good too.

Food is great. The souk concept where you exchange a few coins for a meal is fun. The entertainment is belly dancers and keeps things interesting.

The Thai restaurant is amazing. One of the best we have had. Meals in general are about the same price as UK maybe slightly cheaper. It's good quality if higher price than expected.

Drinks are expensive here like the other reviews mention. Beers about £4 and cocktails over £6 to £8.

Breakfast is very good. Egg bar man is a master chef. He can cook at light speed and remember people's orders from one day to the next.

Rooms are a little tired and could do with a revamp but it's not a major worry. Only a little paint here and there and everything would be fine.

Service is good with everyone being friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

Not very busy hotel at the moment probably due to elections in Egypt. Don't let things put you off. This hotel is good and if you get it for a good price (get half board if you can) you cannot complain.

Hope you enjoy it as much as us. A good place to relax.

I have stayed in nicer hotels but not for this price (£400 for a week).

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ace28065
Emad F, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your recent holiday with us.

We are very pleased, that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and we will with pleasure also highly consider your valuable suggestions and feedback.

We are looking forward to seeing you in the near future again at our resort.

Emad Fahmy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This being my first trip to Egypt, and whilst I am well aware that Sharm El Sheikh is tourist holiday resort away from the major cities of Egypt , where the country has seen a lot of political change recently, this part of Egypt remains one of the countries jewels, in my mind. The Egyptians should be proud and are passionately proud of this region. This was evident by the warm welcome and exceptional hospitality that I received from all members of staff at the Hyatt Regency hotel, which included hotel management, concierge, receptions, room cleaners, restaurant staff, right down to the grounds men and women that tend to the beautiful and elegant grounds of the hotel resort and its infrastructure.
The rooms were clean, fresh warm and welcoming, providing a relaxed atmosphere, with breath taking views of the sea. We, that is my fiancée and my mother in law, were most impressed by the friendliness and courteousness of the Hyatt Regency Team, who were attentive to our needs, ensuring that our stay remained a highly pleasurable experience.
The travel agency that I booked our rooms through, did not properly convey the types of sea view’s that the hotel provides, their description being very vague. I had asked for a front sea view for both rooms. Whilst my mother in-law had the correct view as requested, we did not. Upon explaining this to the hotel manager, he ensured this was rectified, swiftly. I was most impressed.
The various hotel restaurant’s with their different themes such as the ‘Beach house’ or ‘cascade’, and breakfast services were of high quality, including room service. The swimming pools and their water fall themes, made a good lasting impression upon us. The hotels facilities for snorkelling in the sea and diving, were very good, highly recommended. We thoroughly enjoyed it.
Also I was most impressed with the resorts health club, its Gym, Jacuzzi and other health facilities. Again the staff were most friendly and attentive, with the facilities being continually kept clean.
After travelling around the world staying at numerous hotels and resorts , I can honestly say my experience at this resort has been the most up lifting experience , that I have ever had whilst staying at a hotel resort. 7 nights for me was not enough, I wanted to stay longer
I work for a large global company. Before I left the UK for my holiday in Sharm El Sheikh my manager’s boss , also expressed his desire to holiday in Sharm El Sheikh, but wasn’t sure which hotel he and his family should stay in. He highly trusts my judgement and is awaiting my verdict. I will insist and recommend that he must stay at the Hyatt Regency.
As for me I’m already planning my return to this hotel resort. A Warm thank you to the manager and all the hotel staff, that made themselves available to our needs during our stay. We felt welcomed

Room Tip: When asking for a sea view , be aware that there are two categories
2 Thank Stephen P
Dear Guest,

We are very delighted, that we could meet your expectations and you really enjoyed your two weeks with us here.

We are awaiting you to return back soon and to spend once more an unforgettable stay at our resort.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is an amazing hotel from Management to all the staff. Everyone made us feel welcome and exceeded our expectations.
I would like to thank so many of the staff but apologies I cannot remember all the names.
The reception staff were excellent always spoke to us by name. Safa in Al Fresco restaurant for a lovely welcome each day. Mohammed for taking me snorkeling and giving me confidence. Islam Mohammed life guard for getting me safely back onto jetty when steps being repaired. Hytham for looking after us on the beach working very hard always with a smile and also Ahmed. Mohammed for reserving our sun loungers. The manager of Cascades so proud of his restaurant which is excellent. All the staff are a credit to this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was 2314 very nice position
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are really honored by your praising comments and that we could provide you with a memorable holiday during your stay with us.

We are already looking forward to be your host again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We didn't really know what to expect when we arrived at the Hyatt however when we did arrive, we were welcomed, our room was chosen to give us easy access to the beach and the pool and the staff were very accommodating.

The hotel itself was very clean and there was always someone available to help. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and had plenty of facilities. We didn't really have to ask for anything.

The massages were really good, the massage tent was out of service at the time so they gave us an alternative panoramic room which was a nice alternative however was slightly public.

There was plenty of options for food and the food was a good standard. We were half board but it allowed us to eat in any of the restaurants available with an allowance 240 egyptian pounds which is plenty.

I became a little ill on the holiday and the hotel were very helpful in the situation contacting the local pharmacy and getting the medication delivered to my hotel room which I was very grateful for and didn't quite expect such service.

Things that were not that great about the hotel, the taxis were quite expensive however I think this was unavoidable and if you are taking excursions or doing activities then the taxis are usually included in the price. I also thought the beach was a bit too "coral like" for my liking because it meant that you couldn't really swim properly in it without being a bit weary about where you stepped. We tended to spend most of our time by the pool for this reason.

But all in all I thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Hyatt and would definitely recommend it. 5 out of 5 service.

Room Tip: The hotel was quite big so and if you are going for a standard room, make sure that you try and get...
Dear Guest,

It’s nice, that you had an enjoyable holiday at our resort and we appreciate your praises and as well your constructive comments to be highly considered.

We hope to see you in the near future once again here to meet your requirements from all aspects next time.

Dunbar
Reviewed 9 June 2014

After at least 10 trips to Egypt this was my visit to the Hyatt Regency and will definitely be my last. I may have had overly high expectations after being recommended to this hotel but I've enjoyed other hotels much more and they've cost a lot less. Service was generally poor and quite unfriendly - most unlike Egypt. Food was OK but no better than many all inclusive places I've stayed. Drink choice was really poor and I was continuously persuaded to take overpriced local drinks in place of the one I'd ordered. After expressing my concerns the manager assured me that they'd make every effort to make my stay "special". 24 hours later I still had no idea what this meant and everything was just as bad. At that point I moved to the Stella Di Mare which was absolutely stunning in comparison.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Jon G
Dear Guest,

Kindly accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience during your holiday and we very feel sorry, that some of the mentioned offers and services did not meet your expectations and satisfaction. Please rest assured, that all your valuable comments have been taken care off with the concerned departments for corrective actions and follow up.

We hope, you will give us the chance to host you once again at our resort to show you our real high standard service from the beginning.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

After spending 6 day at an alternative hotel, and found the service and food poor, we moved to the Hyatt as have stayed here before......... and thank god we did......!!!
The Hyatt is beautiful, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the facilities including the beach, pools, as well as the coral sea fantastic.
This hotel has always given 5 star service but during our stay it was 6 star!!!!!
Thank-you Hyatt for saving our holiday!!!!!

2 Thank georgezippy
Dear Guest,

We are really honored by your praising comments and that we could provide you with another memorable holiday upon your repeated visit.

We are already looking forward to be your host again next year.

Cardiff
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We relocated to this hotel mid way through our 10 day stay at Sharm el Sheikh due to poor service encountered at our original hotel.
We had a luxurious 4 night stay in this wonderful hotel where we were made to feel special.
As soon as we stepped through the door the staff couldn't not do enough to help us. Every member of staff we encountered were friendly and polite. The dive centre based at this hotel was also superb, professional and friendly.
The food was tremendous - everything I ate was quite literally mouthwatering.
Only tiny downside is that the prices (especially alcoholic drinks) can be expensive - although this is balanced with the outstanding, first class quality and service.
Definitely want to return here!!

1 Thank Nody_76
Dear Guest,

It's of great delight, that we could provide you with "happy days" at our hotel and as well special thanks for your nice praising comments for our staff.

With pleasure we are awaiting you soon back for your second visit to enjoy again our hospitality.