“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our 4th time in Egypt and 3rd stay at the Hyatt. It is just the best hotel to stay. The rooms are great cleaned every day. The staff especially Mahmood, Hany, Samy, Amir, Waleed. Food excellent and varied. If you stay you must try the Sala Thai, the food is excellent best Thai food we've had. It is very relaxing. No need to pay for a boat trip to see a reef, as off the beach is your very own reef which other holiday makers come to by boat. Thank you for a great time. Naama Bay and Soho Square are a taxi ride away if you what to venture out of the hotel. We will be back again.:)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gezaoc
Emad F, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your recent holiday with us.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our level of service and professional team, we always strive to provide comfortable accommodation and guest satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon at the Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh.

Emad Fahmy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gloucester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

In a word....... Amazing!!!!
Everything excelled our expectations at the Hyatt. We were treated like king and queen. Nothing was too much trouble. All the staff from the pool attendants to the housekeeping were a real credit.
The facilities at the Hyatt are brilliant. The pools are well thought out and well maintained. We went half board and I think this was a very good decision. All meals were good. Infact for the whole two weeks we did not eat anywhere else other than the buffet restaurant. Each night carried a different theme. We enjoyed each one. The beach is certainly a must clean tidy and quiet. Nobody pastures you at all.
I would recommend the Hyatt regency to anyone. We will be going back that's for sure. If the Hyatt were all inclusive then I would certainly have been going next year with our children.

My only regret was that we did not spend more time in the souk at night. Relaxed friendly staff good entertainment just a good night spent there.

Egypt is a must see
The Hyatt is a must stay
Fantastic time see you soon!!!

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Sskxs
Dear Guest,

It is always very rewarding when we receive positive comments from our honored guests and I am really delighted to learn that you enjoyed our services and facilities, we always strive to provide comfortable accommodation and guest satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Essentialy the room location was very bad. I asked the directory of rooms to change my room and he gave me an excellent view room. It was sea front and in an amazing location.
Thanks alot Mr. Emad (The directory of rooms) for your help and kindly hospitality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Moustafa_Makkawy
Dear Guest,

Your valuable feedback has been noted and all your comments are very much appreciated. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation at our hotel.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon at the Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh.

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Loved it. Really nice and welcoming. Food was amazing. Near Nema bay and SOHO square. Staff help you with every need an want. Hotel beach isn't good sand, mostly stone-y sand. Don't really need to leave the hotel as everything is there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dani F
Emad F, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent holiday with us.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and we promise you to make your next visit to our hotel even more enjoyable.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Absolute HORROR / HELL

Upon arriving with no luggage because it was lost somewhere we checked into the HYATT HOTEL SHARM. Upon arrival we were searched as we went in and arrived to the desk and was told by Mohammed (who works reception and can't talk one bit of English) that we had to pay for lunch and pay for our evening meal. As I tried to explain we were all inclusive and trying to figure out what the £2000 pound we spent was for? At this time I asked if we could upgrade to which the answer was no. He gave us a few peices of paper and sent us away. After being confused being told we had to pay for food and not bringing any spending money and having no luggage we were absolutely lost. I asked Mohammed if there was any where we could eat as we had come from heathrow on a night flight, flew to Cairo then waited 4 hours to get a plane to sharm he said yes at 12. It was now 9.30am. Me bring nosey I found a breakfast hall which served breakfast until 10.30am (thanks Mohammed)

After reading what it said 'free wifi' me thinking I could still run my own business I have in England on line whilst I was taking my annual holiday. Think again, THERE IS A CHARGE. the only FREE wifi there is, is if you fight for a seat in reception and sit there the whole time on the VERY SLOW wifi with 500 other people using it to.

If you like to be served by 15 people at a time, like people leaning over your table as you are trying to talk to your partner, and trying to having a Relaxing holiday and being asked if everything is okay every 3 seconds THIS PLACE IS FOR YOU.

If you get up to get some food, when you get back to your table everything will have moved, everything new, new plates, new glasses (it was like you never existed)

We were here for 2 weeks and everyday we would go to the QUIET POOL, which was full of young Arab men playing loud music, we left our things and went for a bit of lunch which took about an hour to come back everyday (after reminding the staff we would be an hour) to find all your things moved and other people taken your place. Nothing was done about this.

Basically everyday was complete HELL if not torture.

When asked for the 75th time in one hour if I was okay I eventually answered no, and I was asked by one member of staff would I like to speak to the manager. WHAT IS THE POINT AS NO ONES SPOKE ENGLISH.

On several occasions the staff would walk In our room, whilst we were in the room when it had the do not disturb sign on.

The staff were so sleazy, undressing you with their eyes and shouting I love you.

Absolutely disgusting

This hotel is so over rated, it's the worst hotel I have ever been to and it has put me off Egypt as a whole

Everyday you get a basic alliance for food, which is fine you can't eat it all anyway, however, somehow they always over charge you so on a daily basis I would sit with my calculator and add everything up. Collecting receipts as I go and every night going to reception to argue the fact we were what they called FULL BOARD and we don't pay for food.

Some kind of holiday this was. I hid things in my room because I don't know who entered when we wasn't there, I had to add everything up. I had to tell the staff to leave us so we could breathe.

Thank god I am home in England.

Any English stay away, and don't let your daughters out of your sight, the things the men say to you are unspeakable.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
21 Thank Ceri P
Emad F, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we deeply regret the unpleasant experience you have recounted about your visit. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment you and your lady partner have encountered. Your comments have been shared with the relevant departments to ensure such experiences do not occur again.

Your patronage is highly valued and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your lady partner better in the future. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Warm Regards,

Director of Rooms
Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The welcome was great
the staff was freindly
the special requests we asked for before our arrival was as we wanted
the staff is so helpful and welcoming
all i can say as a travel agent with a critical eye due to my profession i do recommend the Hyatt as one of the best places to go to

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 003322
Emad F, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your recent holiday with us.

It’s of utmost pleasure for us, that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and thank you as well for your kind, highly appreciated recommendations to your friends.

We are looking forward to you next visit soon to spend again a great holiday with us.

Cairo Governorate, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

it was the best 6 days i spent since very long time ago, i wanted to extend my stay there because of everything is fabulous, rooms, restaurants, food, sights, and most important, the most friendly and smiling staff i met.
you can find everything you need inside the hotel not needing to go anywhere, i would like to visit again very soon and stay for a longer period

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mina G
Dear Guest,

So nice to read, that you you enjoyed your stay with us very much and we are already looking forward to your return soon for more great holidays.