Stayed here on 4 -18 June with my friend.
The hotel was still as clean and fresh as the first time. As it was my birthday the day before arriving my friend emailed and they paid to put champagne in the room for when we arrived- the hotel also put a birthday cake in for me- What a wonderful gift off my best friend and a wonderful thought off the hotel thank you all.
The pool area was just as great as it was in March when we stayed. The weather was lovely and there seemed a lot more English people than before (not the the Russians caused any offence). All the staff were great - Mohammed in lobby bar ( tall man always smiling) made my coffee here every day and always had a chat or a smile for us.
The restaurant staff whilst friendly as before did seem a little preoccupied on gaining as many tips as possible and did mention this to you a lot (which I found rather off putting).
Customer service girls were great as ever- even ula helped my friend who had to leave early for a funeral with getting sorted. Thank you for that.
Animation team were actually not too bad- M-jay was godsend to the team and livened the place up - his a liveable cheeky chappy and got everyone involved.... SEVENNNNN whoop whoop!! (even tho people did think I was his dad hahaha!!)
The room had amazing air con that kept you cool in the scorching heat, the shower was amazing and room cleaned very nicely too(171), everyday.
Reason for the 4 stars this time is to do with the food- most days although I could find something to eat, it was with hard. A lot of food was warm not hot and the selection was based around the Russians- although I loved the sandwich lunch Wednesdays, they were lovely. Breakfast was great too with pancakes, eggs or omelettes all cooked fresh.
I did get unwell whilst there be it bug, food or damn bad luck, however the hotel were sympathetic- room cleaner came with drinks and biscuits and asked if I was well- which was lovely.
Oskar-bob papyrus shop was a true friend and I enjoyed a lovely KFC with him. Tayieb in shop was a funny guy too and we had a laugh. Bought some oils from the perfume shop and they smell amazing and last all day.
I will go back to this hotel in the near future as the service, staff, position to soho square and the pool are great. Thanks guys just work a little harder on the food :))
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This comfortable, relaxing "All-Inclusive" 4 star (country category) Resort with a centered pool lagoon is divided to various 2 floor buildings with tasteful decorated rooms offer you a relaxed atmosphere for a family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Island Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Island Garden Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Sunrise Island Garden
- Sunrise Island Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh