“2nd stay :))”

Ranked #111 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“2nd stay :))”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on 4 -18 June with my friend.

The hotel was still as clean and fresh as the first time. As it was my birthday the day before arriving my friend emailed and they paid to put champagne in the room for when we arrived- the hotel also put a birthday cake in for me- What a wonderful gift off my best friend and a wonderful thought off the hotel thank you all.

The pool area was just as great as it was in March when we stayed. The weather was lovely and there seemed a lot more English people than before (not the the Russians caused any offence). All the staff were great - Mohammed in lobby bar ( tall man always smiling) made my coffee here every day and always had a chat or a smile for us.

The restaurant staff whilst friendly as before did seem a little preoccupied on gaining as many tips as possible and did mention this to you a lot (which I found rather off putting).

Customer service girls were great as ever- even ula helped my friend who had to leave early for a funeral with getting sorted. Thank you for that.

Animation team were actually not too bad- M-jay was godsend to the team and livened the place up - his a liveable cheeky chappy and got everyone involved.... SEVENNNNN whoop whoop!! (even tho people did think I was his dad hahaha!!)

The room had amazing air con that kept you cool in the scorching heat, the shower was amazing and room cleaned very nicely too(171), everyday.

Reason for the 4 stars this time is to do with the food- most days although I could find something to eat, it was with hard. A lot of food was warm not hot and the selection was based around the Russians- although I loved the sandwich lunch Wednesdays, they were lovely. Breakfast was great too with pancakes, eggs or omelettes all cooked fresh.

I did get unwell whilst there be it bug, food or damn bad luck, however the hotel were sympathetic- room cleaner came with drinks and biscuits and asked if I was well- which was lovely.

Oskar-bob papyrus shop was a true friend and I enjoyed a lovely KFC with him. Tayieb in shop was a funny guy too and we had a laugh. Bought some oils from the perfume shop and they smell amazing and last all day.

I will go back to this hotel in the near future as the service, staff, position to soho square and the pool are great. Thanks guys just work a little harder on the food :))

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reda A, Quality Control Manager at Island Garden Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Our Dear Guest,
It is such a pleasure reading through your review. Thanks for visiting us at Island Garden and many thanks for giving us the chance to be part of your holiday experience. Also, wanted to say that your comment has been noted and we are on it to get it sorted (sooner than later).
We all hope that you have had a nice flight home and we will be seeing you again in the soon future.
Remember, before your next holiday drop me an email with any requests you might have and I will see to that.
Till next time, have a wonderful time.
Reda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is not so much tired, as comatose! The room, although kept very clean, was grubby and in disrepair. We had requested a double room, but were put in a twin, but we decided to stay as we thought that was the worst that could go wrong! How wrong we were!! The food is horrendous. Mostly catering for the Russian guests, it was bland and just plain nasty. I could have lived with the food being bland and repetitive, if it hadn't also poisoned me. On day two of our holiday, I woke up with violent vomiting and diarrhoea. My 'all-inclusive' experience amounted to 2 meals and 3 bread rolls! Whilst the 2 Russian girls who were guest services were very helpful and seemed genuinely concerned, their solution was the problem and neither myself, or my partner ate at the hotel again. I spoke to other people who had been ill due to the food too. One evening, we had no water coming out of any of the taps. By the time engineering had arrived my partner had actually sorted it himself. The waiter we had's main concern was not that we had been ill, but that we gave him money before he went on holiday. This also put us off eating in the hotel too. The 'entertainment' or what little there is of it, is totally geared up for the Russian guests. We wanted to organise and pay for late checkout and basically kept being told by reception that it was too much hassle for them and to come back the day before. I am currently off work because of how ill I was, which I don't get paid for. It cost £250 on our insurance excess for the doctor and we had additional food to pay for. The worst holiday I have ever had (and I have been to Egypt before!) And this was totally due to this appalling hotel. Think very carefully before booking!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kaye_Hunter
Reda A, Quality Control Manager at Island Garden Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,
1st of all, thank you for visiting us at Island Garden Resort. 2nd, thanks for the time you have taken to put this review.
As this is a public website and we have to, some times, to share our side of the story, I am obliged to clear couple of things;
- Guest Requests, for rooms or so, are basically requests and can't be guaranteed according to availability.
- The food is not at all for Russian, we have different theme nights; Italian, Mexican, British, BBQ, Egyptian,,,,, and so on. At any time, if any of our guest fancied any other food than what is in the buffet, our Kitchen Team are more than happy to cook it for them. If you don't ask for any thing, we believe that you enjoy what is in the buffet. at the end of the day, we can't read what is in your mind.
- I have a copy of your medical report from the doctor and it clearly mention that what you had was traveling Diarrhea, so it has nothing to do with the food or drinks in the hotel. Besides, if the food or the drinks are the reason, wouldn't all the hotel guest, ourselves as we eat the same food like yourselves, every body gets ill?
- All i can say at the end of my reply; is that almost all of our guest praise our staff, but this is your opinion of course. we are so sorry that your holiday didn't go as you hoped it to be, and we hope that your next one would be much better.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Well what a fantastic week we had staying at this hotel. The food and cleanliness was outstanding. All the staff work so hard and long hours but all have a smile on their faces and nothing is too much trouble. Special mentions to Amir (with glasses) and Mohammed (lobby Bar) lovely guys. Andrew on reception (very helpful) The pool guys, to Ahmet and Hanni in the restaurant. To M-Jay and Jamaica on the animation team, always made us laugh. There were a lot of Russians who are very rude not just to the English but to the staff at the hotel which is very unfair as all the staff do a wonderful job accommodating everyone. I would certainly return to this hotel, very well located, the shuttle bus to take you to the beach is perfect and Soho Square just around the corner.... Ideal!!! Hopefully will be back next September, well done Island Garden Resot......

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 176 ideal spot near to the pool but not full sunshine on it so could sit on the te...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for trusting our resort to be your home for the duration of your stay. And many thanks for your very nice positive feedback. It is so overwhelming to know that we managed to make your holiday an enjoyable one and we trust that you will be among many of our loyal guests and you will always choose our resort for holidaying. for next visit, you can email me before arriving with any requests you will have and i will see to them.
Till we meet you gain and have the chance to be serving you again, have a fantastic time.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here with my friend for 10 days and the staff made our holiday, they were lovely. Especially M-Jaye,Yana and Jamaica! They showed us the nightlife and made sure we had a good time and looked after us. Hotel is nice but the food was a bit boring

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kayleighfr
Reda A, Quality Control Manager at Island Garden Resort, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our resort to spend your holiday and big thank you for your review. We just hope that all is fine with you.
For your next visit, just drop me an email with any requests and I will make sure that they are sorted for you. we are looking forward to seeing you again in the soon future.
Till we see you again, have a very nice time.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife booked this holiday as surprise 50th Birthday trip for myself and her. She could not have chosen any better place to spend my birthday, and I would like to thank all the staff for their kindness and attention throughout our stay at the resort. None more so than all the staff in the Italian restaurant for making my birthday evening so memorable, it was quite surreal being surrounded by 6 waiters dancing around me and singing happy birthday to me in Egyptian and presenting me with a truly lovely birthday cake (Thank you so much again).
We made many new friends on our holiday, staff included and one special mention should go to M-Jaye, of the Animation Team, although he is a Luton Town fan this should not be held against him :-) as he is the consummate professional and always had a smile on his face and plenty of time for you during what appears to be a hectic daily work load. M-Jaye, you are a good lad and thank you for making our stay even more enjoyable than possible, keep up the good work. I know that all the British guests I spoke with were extremely complimentary regarding your attention, with most of the women of a certain age wanting to mother you and take you home with them. What a Melt !

If I could sum the holiday up in a few brief words.
Excellent value for money
Fantastic staff throughout the resort
Clean Rooms
Wide variety of food on offer
Too many arrogant Russians :-(

1 Thank MELT20142014
Dear Guest,

it is such a pleasure to read through your review, thank so much for the time you have taken to put such a positive review and many thanks for visiting us at Island Garden Resort. It has been such a pleasure to be part of your holiday experience. We are so glad that we have managed to add some extra good memories to your holiday and we only hope that Island Garden Resort will be your holiday home when ever you come to Sharm.
if you have any requests for your next visit, just drop me an email, and i will see to that.
till we see you again, have a wonderful time.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Before we arrived at this Hotel, I advised Reda (Customer Relations) that it was my husbands 50th Birthday, she was so helpful and kind and assured me that the hotel would ensure that Gary's Birthday would be special. They booked us into the Italian restaurant decorated our room with balloons and banners along with decorating our table for our meal, all waiters came out with a cake with candles for Gary and they all sung to him, so I would like to say a special thank you to Reda and all staff involved for such a lovely day.. The rooms were cleaned daily to a high standard, the pool area was spotless also, the staff at this Hotel clearly go out of their way to make everyone feel comfortable during their stay and cannot be more helpful. The Pool guys were lovely and everyday spoke and chatted along with the Animation Team, who work very hard with various entertainment for the guests. M-Jay was nothing but funny helpful and by the end of our stay he had definitely had won our hearts, he was polite and all in all a great young man. This was our 1st time at this Hotel and I am happy to say that we would definitely return to the Hotel and would recommend it to friends and family, all staff are excellent and the Hotel is great. We had a brilliant time so thank you to all for making our holiday so special.....

1 Thank Lisa B
Dear Guest,

it is such a pleasure to read through your review, thank so much for the time you have taken to put such a positive review and many thanks for visiting us at Island Garden Resort. it has been such a pleasure to be part of your holiday experience. we are so glad that we have managed to add some extra good memories to your holiday and we only hope that Island Garden Resort will be your holiday home when ever you come to Sharm.
till we see you again, have a wonderful time.
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Me and my partner was visiting Egypt for the first time. Our Hotel Island Garden Resort was a perfect choice. Nice and quiet, very clean with a very easy acces to the beautiful beach.
We would like to thank few emplyees of the hotel such as Ula (customer relations manager), Reda (quality manager), Alim (recreation manager), Atef Our waiter and cleaner of room number 173.
They went the extra mile to make Our stay comfortable.
Beautiful weather, beautiful people and relaxing holidays.

Room Tip: 170's are good by the pool but quitet and renovated.
1 Thank MIANWE