“No were near 4 star catered for russians brits do not go”

Island Garden Resort
Ranked #110 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“No were near 4 star catered for russians brits do not go”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great location next to soho square hotel had good ammenities pool clean rooms basic but clean free bus to beach bad points food terrible except for italian this hotel is a russian hotel especially the food in the main buffet restaurant all inclusive drinks very small glasses inadequate for hot temperature this hotel is not 4 star it is a good 3 star due to friendly annimation team comfortable sun beds nice pool would not recommend unfortunately we have stayed in far nicer higher quality hotels such as aqua blu next year we are booking rixos overall the hotel didn't live up to expectation however would like to thank hotel manager very professional in sorting out problems final point get a room away from the pool if you want some quiet during the day reiterate if your british go somewere else you will feel under valued and isolated

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank sharm86
Reda A, Quality Control Manager at Island Garden Resort, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks for visiting us at Island Garden and many thanks for giving us the chance to be part of your holiday experience. Also, wanted to say that your comments have been noted and we are on them to get them sorted (sooner than later). There are couple of things I feel like I am obliged to clarify;
If you are willing to compare us with other hotels, I think it is only fair to mention the huge difference in the price as well, a night in Rixos, is the price for a week in our hotel.
Saying that if you are British you would be under Valued, I cannot disagree more and I think every single person, from the UK who ever stayed in this hotel will agree with me on this.

Regards,
Reda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have just returned from Island Garden. Our stay was exactly what we wanted quiet and relaxing. The animation team were great and found time to chat every day, and didn't get upset if you didn't want to join in the activities. M-Jaye was great a real source of entertainment. Jana was also fun to talk to. The evening entertainment was not great but we weren't too bothered about that. The food in the restaurant was not the best, but we always found something to eat (usually from the grill outside in the evening), and would recommend the BBQ or Italian in the evening. Snacks were available from pool bar if you didn't fancy lunch. Mohammed at the pool bar really made the holiday for us. We didn't have to order a drink when he was around, they just appeared! Atef in the restaurant looked after us well before he went on holiday. We booked a trip with Ottoman at the hotel and we really enjoyed it. If the hotel offered free wifi and just improved the buffet food then the hotel would be great. We expected loads of Eastern Europeans after reading the reviews on here, but they never really bothered us too much.

If you just want to check emails etc then a walk through the car park to Soho Square gets you to free wifi areas although when its busy it is difficult to log on to. The staff all seem to work really hard and look after you. I was ill whilst there and the cleaner (Ahmed) asked about my health every time he saw me after that. If you do get ill, a quick trip to the pharmacy round the corner will get you sorted. All in all a good holiday and you can make it as quiet or active as you wish.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pneste
Reda A, Quality Control Manager at Island Garden Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,
For your next visit, just drop me an email with any requests and I will make sure that they are sorted for you. we are looking forward to seeing you again in the soon future.
Till we see you again, have a very nice time.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for two weeks, from the moment we got to the hotel the staff couldn't do enough for us. We was taken to the same room we had last year thanks to Reda :) the food was better than our first visit but would still like to see a bit more British food, but the BBQ is a must, get yourselfs booked into that! Onto Mohammed (pool bar), what a guy he is, remembered us from last year and couldn't do enough for us! Thank you for the BBQ's and the service :) Ula was so helpful sorted out everything that we needed and always checking to see if everything was all okay. Now M-Jay my fellow Chelsea fan, if it wasn't for him coming round to all the English I don't think we would have a clue what was going on half of the time, he was brilliant! Soho square is just round the corner and is well worth the visit, we was down there many nights and it isn't even that expensive as some people have said. Overall the holiday was amazing, met some great people there especially the Geordie's :) till we see you all again take care :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Our Dear Guest,
It is such a pleasure reading through your review and knowing how much you have enjoyed your holiday. Thanks for visiting us at Island Garden and many thanks for giving us the chance to be part of your holiday experience.
we all hope that you have had a nice flight home and we will be seeing you again in the soon future.
Remember, before your next holiday drop me an email with any requests you might have and I will see to that.
Till next time, have a wonderful time.
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We have just spent 2 weeks here. Our stay was perfect other than the food and bed. The pools are fantastic and the hotel grounds are beautiful and kept immaculately clean. The room 210 is very dated but was kept clean and had everything you needed. The bed was rock hard and the pillows very hard or lumpy. My husband and I both struggled to sleep on the bed. Also as the room is so close and I mean close to the airport when planes are taking off the room vibrated this carried on into the early hours of the morning everyday. Although this didn't really bother us I feel its an issue that could affect some and therefore needs to be mentioned. The staff are without a doubt what make this hotel. Everyone was fantastic. In particular M-Jaye the only English animation team member. He worked constantly to keep the small pocket of Brits happy. Always having a laugh. He really made a day by the pool all the more enjoyable. M-Jaye your are a little star, keep it up the hotel doesn't realise how lucky they are to have you. Your Mum would be proud of you!!! Also Atef the waiter and Memo from Pyramid made our holiday extra special. Iam very sad to have to say we would not return to this hotel only because of the food. the hotel must be 80% Russian which is not at the choice of the hotel but just who books. But we felt that the hotel geared all the food to Russian taste. We have gone AI many times and have never struggled to find a meal, here we did. Please Island Garden you must cater for all your guests we all pay hard earned money for our holiday and deserve to be treated equally. If you wish to add more British guests to your hotel please do some research into British taste. If this issue was addressed we would most certainly return again and again.

Room Tip: Most rooms over look the pool ask for one near reception as this is furthest away from the airport n...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eveywoo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our resort to spend your holiday and big thank you for your review. We just hope that all is fine with you. I also, want to assure you that your comments have been noted and we will be acting on them (sooner than later). Just wanted to mention that; the buffet is not at all geared for Russian or any nationality in particular. we do have theme night; Italian, French, British, BBQ, Mexican, Egyptian,,,,etc. What people don't realize some times that we are in a hotel in Egypt with wide variety of nationalities and we have to cater for every one. Have not said that, at any time if there is any of our guest who wanted any thing different from what is in the buffet, they just order it and our kitchen team would be more than happy to cook it for them.
Till we see you again, have a very nice time.
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on 4 -18 June with my friend.

The hotel was still as clean and fresh as the first time. As it was my birthday the day before arriving my friend emailed and they paid to put champagne in the room for when we arrived- the hotel also put a birthday cake in for me- What a wonderful gift off my best friend and a wonderful thought off the hotel thank you all.

The pool area was just as great as it was in March when we stayed. The weather was lovely and there seemed a lot more English people than before (not the the Russians caused any offence). All the staff were great - Mohammed in lobby bar ( tall man always smiling) made my coffee here every day and always had a chat or a smile for us.

The restaurant staff whilst friendly as before did seem a little preoccupied on gaining as many tips as possible and did mention this to you a lot (which I found rather off putting).

Customer service girls were great as ever- even ula helped my friend who had to leave early for a funeral with getting sorted. Thank you for that.

Animation team were actually not too bad- M-jay was godsend to the team and livened the place up - his a liveable cheeky chappy and got everyone involved.... SEVENNNNN whoop whoop!! (even tho people did think I was his dad hahaha!!)

The room had amazing air con that kept you cool in the scorching heat, the shower was amazing and room cleaned very nicely too(171), everyday.

Reason for the 4 stars this time is to do with the food- most days although I could find something to eat, it was with hard. A lot of food was warm not hot and the selection was based around the Russians- although I loved the sandwich lunch Wednesdays, they were lovely. Breakfast was great too with pancakes, eggs or omelettes all cooked fresh.

I did get unwell whilst there be it bug, food or damn bad luck, however the hotel were sympathetic- room cleaner came with drinks and biscuits and asked if I was well- which was lovely.

Oskar-bob papyrus shop was a true friend and I enjoyed a lovely KFC with him. Tayieb in shop was a funny guy too and we had a laugh. Bought some oils from the perfume shop and they smell amazing and last all day.

I will go back to this hotel in the near future as the service, staff, position to soho square and the pool are great. Thanks guys just work a little harder on the food :))

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Our Dear Guest,
It is such a pleasure reading through your review. Thanks for visiting us at Island Garden and many thanks for giving us the chance to be part of your holiday experience. Also, wanted to say that your comment has been noted and we are on it to get it sorted (sooner than later).
We all hope that you have had a nice flight home and we will be seeing you again in the soon future.
Till next time, have a wonderful time.
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is not so much tired, as comatose! The room, although kept very clean, was grubby and in disrepair. We had requested a double room, but were put in a twin, but we decided to stay as we thought that was the worst that could go wrong! How wrong we were!! The food is horrendous. Mostly catering for the Russian guests, it was bland and just plain nasty. I could have lived with the food being bland and repetitive, if it hadn't also poisoned me. On day two of our holiday, I woke up with violent vomiting and diarrhoea. My 'all-inclusive' experience amounted to 2 meals and 3 bread rolls! Whilst the 2 Russian girls who were guest services were very helpful and seemed genuinely concerned, their solution was the problem and neither myself, or my partner ate at the hotel again. I spoke to other people who had been ill due to the food too. One evening, we had no water coming out of any of the taps. By the time engineering had arrived my partner had actually sorted it himself. The waiter we had's main concern was not that we had been ill, but that we gave him money before he went on holiday. This also put us off eating in the hotel too. The 'entertainment' or what little there is of it, is totally geared up for the Russian guests. We wanted to organise and pay for late checkout and basically kept being told by reception that it was too much hassle for them and to come back the day before. I am currently off work because of how ill I was, which I don't get paid for. It cost £250 on our insurance excess for the doctor and we had additional food to pay for. The worst holiday I have ever had (and I have been to Egypt before!) And this was totally due to this appalling hotel. Think very carefully before booking!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kaye_Hunter
Reda A, Quality Control Manager at Island Garden Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,
1st of all, thank you for visiting us at Island Garden Resort. 2nd, thanks for the time you have taken to put this review.
As this is a public website and we have to, some times, to share our side of the story, I am obliged to clear couple of things;
- Guest Requests, for rooms or so, are basically requests and can't be guaranteed according to availability.
- The food is not at all for Russian, we have different theme nights; Italian, Mexican, British, BBQ, Egyptian,,,,, and so on. At any time, if any of our guest fancied any other food than what is in the buffet, our Kitchen Team are more than happy to cook it for them. If you don't ask for any thing, we believe that you enjoy what is in the buffet. at the end of the day, we can't read what is in your mind.
- I have a copy of your medical report from the doctor and it clearly mention that what you had was traveling Diarrhea, so it has nothing to do with the food or drinks in the hotel. Besides, if the food or the drinks are the reason, wouldn't all the hotel guest, ourselves as we eat the same food like yourselves, every body gets ill?
- All i can say at the end of my reply; is that almost all of our guest praise our staff, but this is your opinion of course. we are so sorry that your holiday didn't go as you hoped it to be, and we hope that your next one would be much better.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Well what a fantastic week we had staying at this hotel. The food and cleanliness was outstanding. All the staff work so hard and long hours but all have a smile on their faces and nothing is too much trouble. Special mentions to Amir (with glasses) and Mohammed (lobby Bar) lovely guys. Andrew on reception (very helpful) The pool guys, to Ahmet and Hanni in the restaurant. To M-Jay and Jamaica on the animation team, always made us laugh. There were a lot of Russians who are very rude not just to the English but to the staff at the hotel which is very unfair as all the staff do a wonderful job accommodating everyone. I would certainly return to this hotel, very well located, the shuttle bus to take you to the beach is perfect and Soho Square just around the corner.... Ideal!!! Hopefully will be back next September, well done Island Garden Resot......

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 176 ideal spot near to the pool but not full sunshine on it so could sit on the te...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for trusting our resort to be your home for the duration of your stay. And many thanks for your very nice positive feedback. It is so overwhelming to know that we managed to make your holiday an enjoyable one and we trust that you will be among many of our loyal guests and you will always choose our resort for holidaying. for next visit, you can email me before arriving with any requests you will have and i will see to them.
Till we meet you gain and have the chance to be serving you again, have a fantastic time.