“Nice but faded- shame about the noise”

Turquoise Beach Hotel
Ranked #195 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Recognised locally as simply Turquoise Beach Hotel, the hotel has seen better days and the gardens are a little claustrophobic. However, the pool and surrounds are pleasant enough with the pool having a "deep end" of about five feet, something that seems to have been abandoned in so many hotels of a more recent vintage.
The hotel boasts a private section of the beach on Sharm el-Maya bay which is reached by crossing the, often quite busy, road around the bay and since this access is located on the crown of a bend in the road, more than normal care must be taken, especially when making the return trip, from the beach entrance back to the hotel.
Dining arrangements are a bit haphazard with tables seating from two to eight persons so the selection of fellow diners that one can enjoy is practically limitless having enjoyed the company of Italian, Russian, Swiss, German, Ukrainian fellow diners during my week stay.
On six of my seven days stay there was no butter laid out at breakfast with no choice of jams - either all strawberry or all fig. Having said that, the egg chef did produce some very nice omlettes and could also turn his hand to crepes.
I am an early riser so it's possible that the shortage of croissants that I experienced every day might have been rectified later in the breakfast sessions but I never did find out which nationality was in the habit of having mince for breakfast
I'm afraid that the selection of dishes on offer at dinner was pretty poor and apart from the staples of rice with vegetables and pasta with a variety of sauces the only offering that stuck in my mind was a dish of slices of a strange meat loaf that was labelled as "Beef"
My room was maintained in a spotless condition with the sheets and towels changed daily and the corridors and grounds are kept similarly well maintained by a small army of ever cheerfull and friendly staff.
In fact, if there was one overwhelming favourable impression that I took away from my stay at the Turquoise Beach it was that of the amazingly friendly and helpfull group of people I met there.
Unfortunately this, for me, was more than offset by the fact that the hotel management seems to be of the opinion that their guests either need or want to be bombarded with the almost continuous broadcasting of music at volumes that vary from the barely tolerable to the downright deafening, in the gardens and around the pool. The worst is on the beach where the pounding from the loudspeakers is positively injurious to hearing.
It's for this reason and this reason alone that I will not be considering the Turquoise Beach for any future holiday in Sharm el-Sheikh.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank John A

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We book last-minute holidays with friends late February. So hotel full of Russians and Italians, some French and Some English people (including us). Service can not fall at all - staff very friendly and helpful. Food dishes excellent - their was changing dishes every day. Cleanness is quite OK. Sleepiness - bed was a bit hard. Location - end Of Sharm, but near by beach and near by Old-market- Shopping place. They do not have Spa and do not have Fitness. Manager can solve any problem :) However we met some nice English couple and spend 7 days of fun with them :) If you ask someone to recommend - than my answer will be "That you will paid that you will receive....Nothing Special", standard UK 3 star Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Viks2009uk
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The hotel is not huge and very simple, but comfortable!
the kitchen is good, there is a lot of food and a lot of choice. in front of the hotel, just few seconds wolking, there is the beach,clean and equipped: with the pedalò is possible to reach the coral reef in 15 min.
the hotel is near the old market (5 min wolking), and is also possible to reach nama bay or "il mercato" in a little time with a taxi (but pay attention: it's necessary to negociate the price!).
the all-inclusive is good, and the rooms are always clean.
but the best thing of the hotel is the staff: always polite, kind and very helpful!
in my opinion it could be the best hotel in sharm for young people!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank ajda20
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Hotel Is Nice,
Food:
Food Not So Good For English People, Roast Potatoes For Breakfast, Bread Was Not Fresh For Toast. Me And My Boyfriend Lived On Pasta And Rice For Dinner And Tea Every Day. Apart From When They Had The BBQ On The Beach, It Was Very Nice To Eat Chicken And Kebabs.
If You Drink Vodka I Would Go The Local Shop And Buy Your Own, The One In The Hotel Is Discusting And Smells Like Rum.

Beach:
Very Nice, Plenty Of Beds.

Pool:
Clean & A Good Size
But No One At The Pool Bar Serveing, So We Stayed On The Beach EveryDay Where You Have To Pay For Drinks

Room:
Beds Are Rock Solid, It Was Like Sleeping On The Floor.
Rooms Are A Very Good Size And Cleaned Every Day. You Get A Safe Which You Do Not Have To Pay For, And Air Con You Dont Have To Pay For.

Staff:
Very Friendly And Helpful. Most Speak English But Not All. This Was Good As The Hotel Was Full Of Russians, Italians And Egyptians, Me And My Boyfriend Were The Only English In The Hotel, It Was Nice To Hear Someone Speak English.

Location:
Close To The Old Market, 5 Mins Walk.
El Mercato Is Very Nice To Vist As You Dont Get Pestered. Their Is A English Steak House There Too, Its Ran By A Man From London. Very Nice Food, Its Opposite Mc Donalds.

Over All I Would Not Stay At This Hotel Again But If You Want A Cheap Holiday, Dont Mind Being The Only English And Are Not A Fussy Eater Then Its The Place For You.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Zoe L
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Before i start this I would like to say that the staff at this hotel are great and this review is about the hotel not them.
The hotel is old and past it we were a party of 8 so we had 4 rooms we were told that they were the best in the hotel god help us ,the bathrooms were fall apart they were past it , the food was past bad ,pasta fish and fatty beef in a sauce for every meal it was never hot and the tins never had much in them. We could not eat on the beach as they closed the resturant down 5 years ago along with the supermarket, shop ,money exchange and outside bar we were not told this and it is still advertised as being open.in the 2 weeks we were there the pool was cleaned once also the place is moving in ants and mosquitos they smoked the grounds once. The hotel had a lot of Russians in it and there holiday was let's sit in the pool all day and get drunk pass out on a sun bed and start again not nice for kids to see. The beach was great but you had to cross the main Cairo road to get to it not great with my 78 year old parents .we went all inclusive but we had to go out at night to eat the food was so bad.we have been going to sharm for 15 years and though we would try a different hotel never again our £800 holiday cost us double that what with all the extras we had to pay for . This hotel is in need of some major help and I would not recommend it untill this happens. If it had not been for the staff we would have been home or moved hotel after the first day I did fell sorry for them as there was nothing they could do all the problems are all down to management they are happy to take your money and give you nothing for it . I will be going back to sharm we love it but not to the turquoise

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
18  Thank Margaret G
Reviewed 26 October 2012

It was my first trip to Sharm. I wanted have relax in quiet place. and i have got it.
The rooms in 3rd building are not so good because in bath room you can`t find a bath, only shower cabin without fencing. I think that it was one problem in my vacations.
Room is very clear without bedbugs etc. Wondefrul sea view from your room.
Staff was very nice and helpful. Especially, i want to note Mostafa in the bar on the beach.
Food was different every day and taste. Many thanks to cooks!
Hotel`s territory is green. Beach is clear, in the see i didn`t find the corals, only sand.
If you want go to watersports John will help you (you can find him on the beach).

it`s very nice hotel for rest and relax!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank Svetlana T
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This hotel has recenlty been taken over by Swiss Inn - and based on the old bad reviews, that is a good thing - so please ignore all the reviews pre 2012 as they are no longer reflective of the hotel as it is now.

We just returned after 2 week stay 5-19 May 2012 - and cannot be more happy with how relaxed the holiday was.

Yes - there were some people who attracted quite a number of bites (mossies NOT fleas)
I spent a lot of time around the pool and had no bites to speak of - so perhaps those people were unlucky to have let mossies in their rooom at night ?

The pool and pool bar were great (Husseins bar service with a smile) - some of the green matting around the pool was tatty but some had already been recenly replaced - so I am sure Swiss Inn are working on improvements - the pool itself was perfectly clean and a nice temperature to dip into when the breeze blew in a bit warm.

We had no problem at all with our room or the shower - all very clean and in good repair - and again this is probably because Swiss Inn are taking more care.

Hotel restaurant food in Egypt usually attracts reviews saying "boring and repetetive" BUT I can honestly say that over the 2 weeks we did not have any part of the lunch/dinner main courses repeated (same basics but always a variation on how it was cooked/presented).
If you are a "chips and fish" type person then the food may not always be to your taste - but we found it quite varied and served by the most friendly chefs (especially Farouk)

ALL the staff were soooo freindly - I think they quite like to see the occasional UK guests as many of the holidayers were Russian or Italian - most of the staff speak fluent Russian and some Italian but fairly small amount of English - makes for quite interesting conversations

So overall the hoteal was perfect for us - and was extremeely good value for movey
Now would be the time to go while improvements are underway and before that results in greater prices.

Walking distance from the Old Market
Short drive from Naarma bay
Fantastic dive shop on-site - with whom I spent 3 days out snorkelling along with my partner who actually spent almost everyday diving. Dive shop is called "Only-Six" and true to their word they take no more than that on thier boat (whereas other shops cram as many people as possible on board) This made the boat traips very calm and relaxed with plentiful lunch midday.

The Red Sea has abosolutely the best colourful corals and fish to see (my only disappointment was that there was no snorkelling from the hotels beach)

Must not forget to metion the Dreams Massage team - I can reccommend the back massage as the ultimate chillax at the end of a hard days snorkelling/sunbathing - or as the relax on the final morning before heading off to the airport.

I would reccommend this hotel for anyone who just wants to chill out - is willing to try different foods - and maybe have some activity days in the mix (either snorkelling/diving or trips to Luxor/desert/camel ride etc)

Room Tip: Each Tuesday night there is a beach party on the beach across the road - which does run until 2-3 am...