“get what U have paid for...”

Turquoise Beach Hotel
Ranked #187 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have been at there for 14 days from the 30th of January this year...
Weather amazing - same as Red Sea and all the wildlife etc...
We have paid a really little money for all Inc and it was ok...
Food we have really enjoyed, staff was nice and friendly, hotel was looking clean all around...
Obviously U would wish to see freshly painted walls etc but it was fine for us...
Entertainment team was a little limited and we had same shows in the evening after a week...
Overall was good...we get what we have paid for but!
At one occasion I've went to the bar...had few drinks and i have left my phone on the bar top - gone missing the same evening so do not leave your belongings unsupervised please!!
Hotel have done their investigation with all the hotel staff etc but obviously it doesn't bring any positive for me...
Will choose different hotel next time!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
1  Thank Piotr K

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Checking in was slow as a few of us arrived at the same time lot of confusion with the desk manager. Room was good and cleaned to a high standard every day. Food was good plenty of choice and always a meat and fish dish on offer every night with plenty of salad dishes to choose from and lovely cake desserts waitering staff were very friendly and restaurant manager always came around to ask if all was well. Entrainment in the evening was good. Short walk to beach across the road all in all in was a lovely hotel and we enjoyed our 11days stay would definitely return

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at Turquoise beach hotel (turquoise swiss inn) with a friend In mid February and loved it!

The hotel was lovely.
Very clean, amazing service and amazing staff which are very welcoming and always willing to help.
Food is very very basic not much variety at all so we ate out most nights, just down the road into the old market are Chinese, Indian and Thai restaurants which are very nice.
The beach is just across the road of the hotel and is beautiful, there is a bar and restaurant on the beach, sunbeds, music, volleyball and other activities.
Along with al, the business owners trying to sell you something!

The hotel is very quiet and full of Russians, there was only one other English group whist we stayed.
Wifi is £10 for a week.
Beach towels are provided.
Sally from the animation team is the only thing other than food that ruined it for us, I have never met someone so rude in my life and I thought the entertainers were there to ensure you enjoy your stay, we'll she went out of her way to do the opposite.
Takes about 10 minutes by taxi to get too Naama bay which is lovely, lots of nice bars but so much hassle to just walk down the street.
Pool bar was very rarely open so we chose to stay on the beach.
Must get up early as it gets cold early afternoon.
Not much variety on drinks, only fizzy or alcohol, very rarely had wine.
Evening shows very short and sharp so I would recommend going out to one of the near towns of an evening.
The welcome meeting is very useful as they tell you where and what is good.

All in all it was a cheap holiday so you can't expect much more!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We came here for a bit of much needed winter sun and de-stressing!
I am a list kinda girl so will make a lil list for ya :)
Good points:

Beach is nice
Easy going laid back vibes
Felt safe (even as a woman alone with a child)
Pool is nice (cold in feb but when the sun was hot the pool was good!)
Beach towels available on beach and also by pool (towels seen better days but were clean and usable).
Easy to jump in a cab to naama bay (don't pay more than 30 Egyptian: £3gbp you'll find Pizza Hut etc here..which I wouldn't step foot inside the uk but really needed to go there in Egypt!)
Nice to walk to old market (be Warned..it's filthy but has character!)
The staff are AMAZING...especially AHMED...he was so kind..all great except for some arsey manager called Mohamed Mohamed Ahmed who was patronising, rude, obnoxious and should totally get fired.

Relatively clean rooms(relative to Egypt, not to my standards..but this IS egypt!)

Bad points;
Rubbish food: to clarify I am experimental with food but the food is totally rubbish.
Egyptian breakfast every day...which is cool but no one liked it!! Except for the Egyptians who were also guests in the hotels.
There is a pool bar which barely opened, so if you want drinks before 5pm you are expected to cross the road to get them from the beach bar!! Not easy if you're looking after your kid and just want a quick drink whilst you're chilling round the pool.
Not a big drinker but do enjoy a cocktail on holiday.
Not here
Non existent...!
Vodka/rum with fizzy drinks is the only choice..no juice..nothing. Not even a cup of tea available!!
No snacks between meals
No ice creams for the kids (or adults!!) at any time at all.
You can buy them for £1:50gbp on the beach and then they are out of date!!!
No butter at breaksfast (bring your own and stick it in the fridge)
If something didn't get eaten at Brekky or lunch it would be 're-worked' at dinner....yak!!

Tips:
Pool more relaxing than beach even though I love the sea...can't stand being hassled for massage (which I foolishly got suckered into with my jet lagged stressed out self..not worth it) manicure/trips etc.
usually I would always book outside the hotel but I booked through the ETS (Egyptian travel service) rep as I needed to know I'd be safe...didn't regret it at all!

If you do go to the beach walk around the bay towards the left..past the police boats (it's cool loads of tourists do) you will find the best snorkelling in the whole bay and its a lovely walk...if you don't mind being stared at but some other (mostly Russian..I'm sure they didn't mean anything by It) tourists...

All other tourists in hotel were lovely...but they won't be there...although I get the impression the artsy one attracts open minded kids people so you'll prob be ok!!

Animation team really got on my nerves..but this is because those kind of people usually always do!! I'm not into my cheeks being pinched when I'm having a cup of morning coffee (Nescafé ...yuk) but some people are cool with that..I'm not a morning person lol nor am I keen on being shouted at for not wanting to join in with morning stretching on the beach..again..I like peace in the morning...
But that is personal, you might love that..in whic case..you'll be happy!! :)

I tipped the cleaner face to face at the end. When I asked him for an extra towel later that day he looked as if I was an evil oppressor...kinda regretted given him £5 GBP..but hey...you love and learn!

Do go stargazing and Tiran island..lovely trips out.
Feres rig restaurant in the old market is nice too.

Extra tips:
Take your own tea (If you love a cuppa)
Bring some snacks (yes really...we were happy we had some bits even though we never thought we'd need them)

All the other reviewers here are right!!

I'd come back..with more snacks for my son..
We are not fast food people at all...

(Lost 2 pounds in a week here...good detox!!!!)
One love

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank OpenMindz
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel is geared up for the Russians. It is Russian food, there is not any English food apart from cornflakes on the whole menu. Only 1 restaurant was open, along with 1 little shop. Wifi did not work for 6 out of the 7 days we were there. It will cost 100 egyptian pounds for 7 days use. As it didn't come on until the day we left they wouldn't grace us with a day for free, even though we went in everyday to reception to ask when it was going to be available, told in 1 hour, come back after 12 or come back at 6. As i say this went on for 6 days.
We used a taxi to take us to Il Mercato or Naama Bay so that we could eat. Between 25 and 40 egyptian pounds each way.
The Hotel is clean but old. We moved room because the patio doors wouldn't lock and there was no safe.
The staff are really nice. All inclusive drinks finish at 10pm and are served in tiny little plastic glasses.
Towels are good. you get a towel token and change it in each time you need a new towel.
Private beach is nice, 2 minutes walk, just watch the road.
The Hotel is under new management and I would say that they have put the staff in and told them to run the hotel but forgot to give them the tools to do it with.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clux1
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I booked this holiday for my mum and dad, as they were very tired and stressed
Working long hours every day! They stayed in Turquoise Hotel in January 26th for a week.
They said it was the best hotel they have ever stayed in!
The staff, location, locals,food everything was FAB!!
They said the staff worked tirelessly and gave a top notch service.
The hotel was clean, very well maintained and extremely relaxed.
The locals are friendly and overall they just loved it!!
1 Tip try and get a room upstairs rather then the ground floor.
It is very quiet peacfull and sunny there.
They will definatley be returning again..
overall they scored the hotel 10/10.

Room Tip: Use the upstairs rooms! More quieter and sunnier there. Rooms 105-125 are the best!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lestatraveller
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Its all about attitude. We enjoyed our stay because we were so delighted to be there on a very limited budget. Its a quirky, artistic hotel at the far end of the bay so relatively peaceful, except for the non stop music they feel obliged to play till 12.00pm each night. Two of our party of three adults and two children are vegetarian so the abundance of vegetables and salads was perfect for us, and there was a fish and or meat dish available at every meal. Its a relatively small hotel, so the staff soon get to know you if you smile and connect with them - and that is the key. There was a fridge in each of our two rooms (on the ground floor overlooking the pool), so we made sure we took a few extra bread rolls or juice to our room for the in between hours. Breakfast was 7-10, lunch 1.00-3.00 and dinner 7.-9.00/9.30. Nearly got caught out a couple of times as assumed it was open till the same hour each day, as it was open till nearly 10.00pm the first day of arrival and unlike other hotels I have stayed in in Egypt, there was no snack bar if you happened to feel hungry outside these times. Juice is only served at breakfast, so if you don't like fizzy drinks there is just water or alcohol. Pool and beach bars were open when we went early January 2014, and form part of the all inclusive deal for local drinks. I took instant dried lemon tea with me, and added that to the water to make my own "juice" , as don't like fizzy drinks or alcohol.

Anything you buy outside the hotel though is almost certain to be priced for the UK market, and way above local rates. Trips out and sporting activities were beyond our budget. Wi-fi is about £10 UK for a week, and mainly worked fine, though not in every area, all of the time.
If you chose to swim from another hotel's beach - eg in Naama Bay - they will charge you about £5 UK per person - so its better just walking to the end of the bay away from the hotels outside the protection of the shark nets though...towards the military base.
I spent most afternoons wandering round the Old Market, taking pictures, and that's a pleasant walk from the hotel.

The staff there were great, except for the rather tight-faced managers, and many spoke English, as well as Russian and loved it when I tried my few words of Arabic. The were kind to me and though milk is a luxury they heated some up for me on request daily.(Leben sohkna means hot milk in Arabic)
Yes, the beds are rock hard, but towels abundant, immersion heaters in each bathroom for hot water, shower pressure acceptable, and very good level of cleanliness, both in the rooms, and around the hotel and pool.

If you need a late checkout, be sure to have that in writing from your booking agent - not just a note saying allow late transfer, as they charged us and extra £15 for one room, rather than the two we had, and also denied us any drinks, even tea or coffee, saying it wasn't covered, though did let us have lunch. However one kind member of staff, Ahmed, risked his job getting us two cans of Fanta for the children and a coffee for my adult daughter as we waited an hour for our delayed transfer to arrive at the end of our stay.

The pool was freezing during our week, in early Jan 2014 - but the sea much warmer, though my 3 year old grandson loved playing on the stepping stones that divide the main pool from the baby pool and his big sister spent all day in the pool regardless. The holiday is what you make of it really, and as a base this was perfect for us.

Room Tip: Music plays till midnight but is not too loud inside the poolside rooms, which are the best for fami...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family