“promising hotel- big let down”

Turquoise Beach Hotel
Ranked #204 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have been to egypt on many occasions having mainly stayed in taba heights as we couldnt get to our usual brilliant hotel we had to settle for a new destination so we tried sharm for the first time ill start with the good points -

decent hotel very clean and well set out with the main reception linked to the bar and outside there were the rooms and restaraunt and seating area linking to the pool , the beach was over the road very convenient and clean.

mahammed(pool bar , yellow shirt) , ahmed(main bar , blue shirt) , mustafa(cleaner) and saly(animation) were the only good hard working and decent staff at the hotel.

now the good bit the bad points -

food - very little choice unless you want pasta , rice , fish and beef every day for two weeks and it was luke warm when you eventually got to the buffet counter , NO butter for bread and when you did get any it was frozen !!!

drink - clearly stated in the advert for the hotel all local alcoholic beverages including wine were available all inclusive - we had no wine for the first 3 days unless you bought it at bar ! and when we actually did get some wine (only with dinner and only 1 glass allowed) it was WATERED DOWN (ILLEGAL IN THE UK)! and we witnessed this happen every day and the watering down included spirits ! and the plastic glasses you recieved your drinks in were no bigger than a thimble one mouthful and gone ? never enough glasses behind the bar either ! shocking ! and coffee and tea were average if you could get one during the day as they only have one coffee machine and they move it 3 times a day from the restaurant then to the bar (which was closed from midnight till 5pm the next day !!!) then back to the restaurant at 9.30pm ready for the next morning...

pool and pool bar -

very clean and well kept area unfortunately the lovely mahammed who always greeted us with a smile was always called away from the pool bar to do other duties including waiting on tables and nobody was left to cover the bar so as you guessed people went thirsty ! and as there was nowhere else to get a drink except water you had to go without.

animation staff -

apart form the lovely saly who always had time for anybody they were a joke , alex was ignorant and only looked after himself and organising his very loud beach party on a saturday night (which kept everybody awake until 3-4 am) and nothing ever happened at the hotel only on the beach !!

management staff -

they have these things called manners in england where people open doors for each other or they acknowledge you if you are stood there waiting for a drink at the bar , if you see a sad faced little man at the disco bar or in the restaurant he is just a cashier and does not actually do anything (i would have sacked him) he blatently ignored people and chewed beer mats played with his pen , chewed sugar sachets which were out for customers to use !!!! oh and he never smiles ...

and the big bosses were always served before us and they got big glasses and personal delivery to either there rooms or tables !! disgrace !

russians -

no offence to all the nice russian people but they did not come to this hotel all we had were pig ignorant disgusting and very rude russian people , they treated the decent staff like dirt and were always drunk and either being sick or letting there children go to the toilet in public areas !!! (thats what a toilet is for !!)

swiss inns -

you have a very good hotel here with very good potential , needs to be overhauled with the management staff as there are too many pen pushers and not enough people looking after THE CUSTOMER you could learn a hell of a lot by checking out the EL WEKALA TABA HEIGHTS trip adviser review , i will never step foot in this hotel ever again !!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank paulo284
There are newer reviews for Turquoise Beach Hotel

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Our stay in this hotel was really nice. We spent great time there. The hotel is not big but it is very cozy and if you are looking for the good place for your vacation you can choose this one. The staff is polite and really friendly, the food in the restaurant was tasty, we were not hungry during our stay and we could find delicious dishes. The most important thing for us was a beach and the sea so they both were wonderful. We want to say special thanks to our housekeeper Mohammed - great job!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alliko
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed her from 10th-24 Feb, Weather fantastic, clear blue skies for the whole 2 weeks & hot.
Hotel very clean, but yes could do with a lick of paint here & there, large room (with handy fridge) cleaned every day with towel changed daily.
Food I found good, all be it they do have multi nationalities to cater for, we always found something enjoyable to eat, no you won't find chips on menu regular but if you want chips ask & they will cook some for you, breakfast ok with normal bread,do your own toast, cold meats, some choice of cereal, no you won't find butter & i never got round to asking if they did have any i decided to go healthy! best bit your eggs are cooked to order scrambled,fried or omlete. The only negative I can say about this hotel is the small shot size glasses for drinks, beach bar just across road & pool bar. Yes you do get hasseled to have beauty treatments & massage etc if you want a treat barter & get prices down, if not just be polite & you don't get bothered. It was out of season entertainment every evening but a little sparse, the team tried very hard, Sally & Alex lovely, we had a great holiday & felt we were treated very well by all staff, went as strangers & left as friends, we will definatley return there as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Free safe keys as long as they are returned
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kayastbury
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have been at there for 14 days from the 30th of January this year...
Weather amazing - same as Red Sea and all the wildlife etc...
We have paid a really little money for all Inc and it was ok...
Food we have really enjoyed, staff was nice and friendly, hotel was looking clean all around...
Obviously U would wish to see freshly painted walls etc but it was fine for us...
Entertainment team was a little limited and we had same shows in the evening after a week...
Overall was good...we get what we have paid for but!
At one occasion I've went to the bar...had few drinks and i have left my phone on the bar top - gone missing the same evening so do not leave your belongings unsupervised please!!
Hotel have done their investigation with all the hotel staff etc but obviously it doesn't bring any positive for me...
Will choose different hotel next time!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
1  Thank Piotr K
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Checking in was slow as a few of us arrived at the same time lot of confusion with the desk manager. Room was good and cleaned to a high standard every day. Food was good plenty of choice and always a meat and fish dish on offer every night with plenty of salad dishes to choose from and lovely cake desserts waitering staff were very friendly and restaurant manager always came around to ask if all was well. Entrainment in the evening was good. Short walk to beach across the road all in all in was a lovely hotel and we enjoyed our 11days stay would definitely return

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at Turquoise beach hotel (turquoise swiss inn) with a friend In mid February and loved it!

The hotel was lovely.
Very clean, amazing service and amazing staff which are very welcoming and always willing to help.
Food is very very basic not much variety at all so we ate out most nights, just down the road into the old market are Chinese, Indian and Thai restaurants which are very nice.
The beach is just across the road of the hotel and is beautiful, there is a bar and restaurant on the beach, sunbeds, music, volleyball and other activities.
Along with al, the business owners trying to sell you something!

The hotel is very quiet and full of Russians, there was only one other English group whist we stayed.
Wifi is £10 for a week.
Beach towels are provided.
Sally from the animation team is the only thing other than food that ruined it for us, I have never met someone so rude in my life and I thought the entertainers were there to ensure you enjoy your stay, we'll she went out of her way to do the opposite.
Takes about 10 minutes by taxi to get too Naama bay which is lovely, lots of nice bars but so much hassle to just walk down the street.
Pool bar was very rarely open so we chose to stay on the beach.
Must get up early as it gets cold early afternoon.
Not much variety on drinks, only fizzy or alcohol, very rarely had wine.
Evening shows very short and sharp so I would recommend going out to one of the near towns of an evening.
The welcome meeting is very useful as they tell you where and what is good.

All in all it was a cheap holiday so you can't expect much more!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We came here for a bit of much needed winter sun and de-stressing!
I am a list kinda girl so will make a lil list for ya :)
Good points:

Beach is nice
Easy going laid back vibes
Felt safe (even as a woman alone with a child)
Pool is nice (cold in feb but when the sun was hot the pool was good!)
Beach towels available on beach and also by pool (towels seen better days but were clean and usable).
Easy to jump in a cab to naama bay (don't pay more than 30 Egyptian: £3gbp you'll find Pizza Hut etc here..which I wouldn't step foot inside the uk but really needed to go there in Egypt!)
Nice to walk to old market (be Warned..it's filthy but has character!)
The staff are AMAZING...especially AHMED...he was so kind..all great except for some arsey manager called Mohamed Mohamed Ahmed who was patronising, rude, obnoxious and should totally get fired.

Relatively clean rooms(relative to Egypt, not to my standards..but this IS egypt!)

Bad points;
Rubbish food: to clarify I am experimental with food but the food is totally rubbish.
Egyptian breakfast every day...which is cool but no one liked it!! Except for the Egyptians who were also guests in the hotels.
There is a pool bar which barely opened, so if you want drinks before 5pm you are expected to cross the road to get them from the beach bar!! Not easy if you're looking after your kid and just want a quick drink whilst you're chilling round the pool.
Not a big drinker but do enjoy a cocktail on holiday.
Not here
Non existent...!
Vodka/rum with fizzy drinks is the only choice..no juice..nothing. Not even a cup of tea available!!
No snacks between meals
No ice creams for the kids (or adults!!) at any time at all.
You can buy them for £1:50gbp on the beach and then they are out of date!!!
No butter at breaksfast (bring your own and stick it in the fridge)
If something didn't get eaten at Brekky or lunch it would be 're-worked' at dinner....yak!!

Tips:
Pool more relaxing than beach even though I love the sea...can't stand being hassled for massage (which I foolishly got suckered into with my jet lagged stressed out self..not worth it) manicure/trips etc.
usually I would always book outside the hotel but I booked through the ETS (Egyptian travel service) rep as I needed to know I'd be safe...didn't regret it at all!

If you do go to the beach walk around the bay towards the left..past the police boats (it's cool loads of tourists do) you will find the best snorkelling in the whole bay and its a lovely walk...if you don't mind being stared at but some other (mostly Russian..I'm sure they didn't mean anything by It) tourists...

All other tourists in hotel were lovely...but they won't be there...although I get the impression the artsy one attracts open minded kids people so you'll prob be ok!!

Animation team really got on my nerves..but this is because those kind of people usually always do!! I'm not into my cheeks being pinched when I'm having a cup of morning coffee (Nescafé ...yuk) but some people are cool with that..I'm not a morning person lol nor am I keen on being shouted at for not wanting to join in with morning stretching on the beach..again..I like peace in the morning...
But that is personal, you might love that..in whic case..you'll be happy!! :)

I tipped the cleaner face to face at the end. When I asked him for an extra towel later that day he looked as if I was an evil oppressor...kinda regretted given him £5 GBP..but hey...you love and learn!

Do go stargazing and Tiran island..lovely trips out.
Feres rig restaurant in the old market is nice too.

Extra tips:
Take your own tea (If you love a cuppa)
Bring some snacks (yes really...we were happy we had some bits even though we never thought we'd need them)

All the other reviewers here are right!!

I'd come back..with more snacks for my son..
We are not fast food people at all...

(Lost 2 pounds in a week here...good detox!!!!)
One love