“Great Holiday...Again!!”

Ranked #65 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Hull
“Great Holiday...Again!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from another wonderful break at this hotel and will not hesitate to return.  As always I have an honest review of the hotel good and bad.

The hotel has a very homely and welcoming atmosphere, staff are amazing and all facilities - food, pools, service, rooms...can not be faulted. It is clear that the management are trying hard to make the resort everything the guests want it to be to feel like they are at home, and are constantly improving and changing things.  First hotel I've know with a microwave in the buffet, perfect for baby food etc. Could do with a little more choice of food for adults and kids but we never went hungry.

Slight negative is that we flew home late at night and our room could not be kept on due to availability. We used the spa to freshen up and shower before we left, but the facilities were not ideal. We have two toddlers and it was a bit of a nightmare getting up and down lot of steps with buggies and trying to shower and dress them in public areas.  Nothing major but an alternative option would have been better.

All staff are fab, the animation team were really good, full of energy and kept us and the kids entertained all holiday.  We loved the Indian restaurant and visited twice. The restaurant also employs the happiest waiter in history whose name I did not catch.

We have visited this hotel before and it was nice to see that the hotel values are the same, I loved it just as much.

There was a brief period of time where there seemed to have been a high number of guests from local regions and there was a clear culture clash with guests from other countries. Some people did use pools as toilets causing a few pool closures. We did have an issue which involved other guests but the manager, Mina, did a great job at diffusing the situation and our holiday remained perfect.

I have mentioned some parts that are not so positive, I know, but it is a shame to see and hear the complaints of some guests as i think many complaints made were not really neccesary and quite petty. The hotel does all it can to please it's visitors and can not be held responsible for the attitude and actions of others.  I would say that if you have an issue with cultures such as the Arabian/Arab culture then you should avoid Egypt especially around Ramadan. Personally, I will return and look forward to it.

Great location, a stones throw from Hollywood Palace. A better path on the hotel side of the road would be good for buggies though, not the hotels responsibly i know...but totally easy to walk otherwise. Also 5 minutes from Naama Bay.

Highly recommended. Thanks for a great holiday and see you again next year!

The Lawless family in room 4211 x

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sharleen L
Xperience_Management, General Manager at Xperience Kiroseiz Parkland, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Sharleen,

Many thanks for the wonderful recommendation and the supportive comments about the pool issues etc. We do the best we can and people from all nationalities can be difficult at times.

However, I’m delighted you had a “great holiday” and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

The Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Well we arrived sunday 20th july for 14 nights ,, there was 14 of us , the hotel was great the staff were top class ,, the food was good ,, the rooms top class, ,, the animation team were the best ever and,, I av been to sharm 18 times ,,, chico , David ,, ben , Lauren, , zoe ,,,, you are a credit to the hotel ,,, the guys in the hotel selling trips were first class also ,,,, a special mention to the best waiter sahead in the British reasturant, ,,,1 small problem was the people doing the toilet in the pools,, the management we're trying there best to control this , but could do with putting uo more signs...!

Room Tip: Upgrade free wifi
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ronnie M
Xperience_Management, General Manager at Xperience Kiroseiz Parkland, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Ronnie,

Thank you for the review and for choosing the Kiroseiz for your ‘friends’ holiday. I’m delighted that it all went well except for the obvious but that is all over and done with now so we are back to normal.

Looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

we have had three holidays in sharm. our third was a disaster we all suffered ill health due to the disgusting behavior of other holiday makers and also i have a broken toe due to the sub standard work man ship and maintenance of the air conditioning. the main pool closed 6 days out of 10 for up to 6 hrs due to people urinating and pooing in the pools they even stood at the side of the pool and urinating in to it. no action taken by the hotel apart from putting a memo up in reception.the standard of the room was poor our sheets wear only changed once in 10 days we complained when we suffered bits in the night. while in bed. the room had to be fumigated by the cleaning staff.we couldn't have the air conditioning on to long as it would start to ice up and then melt so the water leaked and came out the light fittings causing puddles in the room this was reported to the reception they sent engineer out twice he said nothing he can do just put tissue round pipes and left. this is how i broke my toe in the night i slipped on a puddle of water. the food was very poor same thing day in day out under cooked meat some burgers were red when cut into them. breakfast was a joke who has meat pie for breakfast? we had to put up with kids and adults running up and down the corridors until sometimes gone 4am. this was reported at the time but reception did nothing one of our friends that we met had to call reception 17 times in one night and still nothing was done but they blocked his phone to stop him from complaining!! we couldn't let our 15 year old out of our site as she had to put up with harassment from male members of staff the people from the spa kept harassing her when she was at the pool offering her a massage in a very sexual manor we reported this and again nothing was done as still hung around waiting for her to be alone.IF YOU WANT A GOOD HOLIDAY THEN PLEASE DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!

Room Tip: don,t stay at this hotel if you want a good holiday!!
8 Thank David J
Xperience_Management, General Manager at Xperience Kiroseiz Parkland, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear David,

It is abundantly clear that we did not meet your expectations for this holiday and I am sorry that this is the case.

We very seldom get a guest with this many complaints and I do feel that most of this could have and should have been dealt with at the time and I do not understand how so many things could have gone wrong when we have staff here ready to respond.

However, I have passed all these issues on to the Heads of Department and asked for an explanation of why this would have happened and I offer you my apologies for any inconvenience.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Filthy Dirty room on arrival, Had to pay for an upgrade to an exact same Clean room 4 doors away.. Air conditioning & Fridge Faulty and had to make numerous calls to get this resolved.
An Ant colony decided they want to share our room and the Ant buster had to be called on more than one occasion.

Seperate restaurant for English guests yet food poor, Served Pollenta on English night ...Reheating pasta, Cold chips, Old fruit, dirty food stations etc My 3 year old makes better Pizza.

As an All inclusive Guest I was Refused a Drink at 23:50 Because the Bar closed at 00:00. when i raised the point at reception I was offer a complimentary drink..????

Main pool closed on numerous occasion because of floating poo..!

Service of staff generally good Especially Anwar at Atrium Restaurant & Besshoy at Reception, The exception was Bass "Something" (If Carlsberg did Stupid Rude Egyptian bar tender ) at the main bar near reception. Put Vodka in my Childrens drinks, clearly cannot tell time or count and needs some Contact with human training.

If it was a lads holiday instead of a Family Holiday old Bass "something" would have been swimming with the Poo..!!

Alas we shall never return and i hope your all learn from my Xperience..!!

11 Thank Jaycejames
Dear Jayce,

Thank you for your review but there are one or two inaccuracies which I feel I should redress.

You would not have paid an upgrade charge for the same room nearby. If you decided to upgrade, the room would have been bigger, or newer, or with a better view (pool view instead of garden view etc). And by the way, the original room would not have been as you described. We just don’t have rooms like that.

We do have ants in Egypt and one visit would have eliminated them unless there were any sugary treats for them to search out.

We do indeed have a separate restaurant for the British but why shouldn’t we put polenta on the buffet? With your reasoning, perhaps we should not have put pasta on the buffet as it’s Italian.

The main pool was closed a few times as some youngsters had little “accidents”. This can happen in any pool in any country. Possibly even in the UK.

The barman would most certainly NOT have put any alcohol in a child’s drink. To accuse our staff of this is reckless and, coupled with your exaggerations, borders on libelous.

It’s a shame we shall not be seeing you here again.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have just returned from this hotel after spending two weeks with my daughter and family.

The hotel and complex is great. Food very good and plenty of choice.

On arrival we were offered an upgrade but having seen the standard rooms we had been allocated we decided against the upgrade as the standard rooms were bigger, albeit a little dated. However both rooms were cleaned daily by Sherriff who always had a smile and only too happy to supply anything we asked for. Towels and linen were changed daily and fresh water was delivered every day.

We ate in the Altrim restaurant most days and I have to mention Anwer. He is brilliant and is a credit to the hotel. Always had a table ready for our family (6) and after the first day knew exactly what drinks everyone had and one was waiting for us every time. When I fell ill, he gave my daughter mint tea and honey to give me which I must say did make me feel better. He works so hard and I hope the management do appreciate this man as much as the guests do.

Also I would like to mention Obama from Pyamid Diving. Our family went on a day diving trip which we thoroughly enjoyed - my daughter is still talking about her experience. If you get the chance to do this trip I would definitely recommend this - such a brilliant day.

I do need to say however that the problems experienced in the pools need to be urgently addressed. There were 6 occasions where one or other pools was closed due to certain individuals using this as a toilet. And it wasn't just children I can tell you. Never have I experienced this before and I have been travelling abroad three/four times a year for over 25 years. Notices were placed around the pools but I think that they need to have staff positioned high above the pool ( in high seats like life guards) to make sure that this is stopped and quickly as having spoken to others, this will certainly stop the british tourists from returning which would be a great shame as this complex is otherwise excellent value for money.

Lastly I would thank the guys/girls at Kids Club. They work so hard and my grandsons loved them all and had a great time especially at the Chocolate Party. Theresa Staffordshire

2 Thank Theresa1956
Dear Theresa,

Thank you for your kind words and I am so happy that you had a great time with us and considered your holiday to be great value for money.

We did quite a lot to address the pool issues which included expelling a couple of families who were the prime culprits. The issue appeared to be resolved after this and we have taken note to be aware of certain families should they wish to book again.

So if we put that to one side (as it is extremely unlikely to happen again), I’m sure you will agree that it is a destination worthy of a return visit.

We look forward to it.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This time I came with my mum,i emailed ahead to upgrade our room and be picked up at the airport all was not a problem at all Wasfy was ever so helpful,this is one of the many reasons ive been four times in two years and hoping to be back this September customer service is second to none I can't understand the bad reviews everyone from reception entertainment and pool guys bar staff cleaners the guys in the restaurant are fabulous including davide youssif hanna marco dan chico bishoy saleem mohammed Manchester cant wait to see you all again and im going to upgrade again worth the money and getting picked up too see you all soon xx

Room Tip: Upgrade the beds are amazingly comfy
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vaf22
Dear Guest,

What a lovely review and delight to know that you took advantage of many of the options and thoroughly enjoyed yourself. A little pampering goes a long way and if you can stretch to an airport pickup and an upgrade then the holiday starts as you mean to go on.

Thanks for the lovely review and we look forward to pampering you again next time.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I came to this hotel with a friend, both 19 year old girls, and we had no problems at all! (Minus my bed collapsing, but that's another story.)

The Animation Team were by far one of the reasons why we enjoyed our stay here so much. They were all very friendly and genuinely nice people. The mini disco was great fun, 5/7 nights that we were here my friend and I got up and danced to Chocolate, and we were not the only adults up there! The Animation Team always made sure that we were enjoying ourselves and instantly made us feel welcome. Zoe, Lauren and Dan were all around our age and we got along with them instantly. David and Chico were the two jokers of the group and never failed to make us laugh. The rest of the Animation Team were also so friendly, and for this, I would definitely come back to this hotel, providing these people still worked there!

There have been a few negative comments about the staff but I for one can say that they were not in the slightest bit rude, and they were all just happy people.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jasmine J
Dear Jasmine,

I am delighted you found all the staff to be so friendly and they looked after you well so thank you for the lovely review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.