“Brilliant holiday”

Jaz Belvedere
Ranked #51 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Brilliant holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just returned from a great holiday. Any problems were swiftly dealt with by Katy. My son had his birthday in the hotel, his room was decorated and the staff were great. The beach was clean, and plenty for everyone to do. My son loved feeding Charlie the Camel bananas!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Fiona P
AhmedMahmoudRDM, Manager at Jaz Belvedere, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear our valued guest,

Warm greetings from Jaz Belvedere,

Please allow us to Thank you for considering our Hotel for your stay for giving us the opportunity to serve you with the best of our hospitality.

We feel so fortunate to receive such great comments about all the services and facilities provided in our resort.

We hope that you will give us a chance in the near future to welcoming you with all the pleasures of Jaz Belvedere resort’s Management and Team.

Sherif Leon
General Manager - Jaz Belvedere Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Excellent location; the hotel/room was clean; pool area very nice. Close to the beach - good snorkeling. Staff were very friendly, Katy and Ahmed were very helpful and informative.The food was disappointing for 5 Star. Snack food menu was limited and didn't taste brilliant - (e.g. either burnt or soggy based pizza/cold chips). However, this was a very busy week for the hotel as it was the festival of Eid. Nevertheless this is no excuse; the hotel must have realised beforehand how busy they would be. There was a general lack of certain things you come to expect at a 5 Star establishment i.e. ice creams, tea and cake at 4pm and most oddly advised that crisps were allowed from the bar area after 7pm and not before? In summary, the hotel was in a beautiful location, if the the food issues were addressed then this would definately be 5 star.

1 Thank JoW104
Dear our valued guest,

Warm greetings from Jaz Belvedere,

On behalf of Jaz Belvedere resort’s Management and Team, please allow us to express our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you might have experienced during your stay with us from the food quality, which did not meet your expectations.
We have taken your comments seriously, and please rest assured that we are at all-time taking appropriate measures to address any of our esteemed guests reporting and if your comments were received during your stay directly to any of the hotel management team, we would have directly handled them to your entire satisfaction that is of most importance to us.

Once again, we would like to apologize for not fulfilling any of your holiday expectations, and wishing to give us the chance to host your good self again ensuring that all your expectations will be met.

Sherif Leon
General Manager - Jaz Belvedere Resort
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked a 2 week all inclusive to Egypt at Jaz belvedere to enjoy the sun and to have a relaxing holiday. I have previously stayed at the Sol Y Mar (sister hotel but a lower star rating) last year and came to visit the beach at Jaz Belvedere so had seen it before and had a good first impressions.

On arrival, we were greeted with a refreshing drink and our bags were taken off our hands. Although we had to wait a little longer than expected to be seen at reception as there was a trainee on the desk, we soon got checked in and escorted to our room. We didn't have a sea view as requested, however the room was clean and spacious and we had a view of the wonderful garden from high up.

In our room 1427 we noticed that there was no mattress cover on the bed on the first night. I made a note to ask if this could be sorted (which it was without hesitation through customer relations). The rest of the room was great. Shower with hot water, clean towels everyday. A special mention to Mohammad who cleaned our room- he worked endless hours in our block, as we would see him first thing in the morning and then again in the evening when we were going for dinner. He always asked of everything was ok and was a very pleasant man. He also made sure we had plenty of water.

The facilities were great. With the option of both the pool and the beach, it was nice to have the choice of where to sunbathe. There were 3 bars (beach bar, pool bar and lobby bar) all with friendly staff and some self catering facilities for drinks.
I was persuaded to have a treatment in the spa, which was very nice. A body scrub and massage as well as a facial another day. I would recommend this.
The hotel itself was immaculate. All the staff at the hotel work very hard under the manager to ensure that everywhere is clean and tidy.

On our first day by the pool, we were approached by Katy (customer relations). She was fantastic from the word 'go'. Friendly and approachable - she continually asked us if we had any concerns or 'any worries' (this became her quote of the holiday) and would come by everyday to ensure that everything was ok or to fix any issues we had. Along with Ahmed, the customer relations were really what made our holiday as good as it could have been. We booked into the a la carte restaurant, however I didn't enjoy my meal as much as i'd hoped. Everything else had been great so I didn't want to make a fuss. However on leaving, Ahmed asked if everything had been ok and I had made a passing comment on not fully enjoying my meal. He couldn't do enough - asking if he could get the kitchen staff to cook me something else. I declined.

The next day, Ahmed approached us and said that he had taken the complaint to the management team and that they wanted to cook another special meal for us. Either in the restaurant or somewhere else to compensate for our experience. We gave them a suitable day and we couldn't have asked for anything nicer.... They had set up our own private table near the beach with candles all around it and cooked us a 5 course seafood meal! Completely unexpected. We met the management team on arrival to our table, who wished us an enjoyable meal and had a private waiter Ahmed (with glasses) who was fantastic. A really lovely experience, and the food was delicious.

The buffet food was the only element of the hotel that I would say could be improved slightly. It was better some days than others, however the breakfast options were always the same and never varied. Lunch was varied and this was the same with the dinner. Katy and Ahmed were always taking recommendations from the guests around the pool as to what could make it better. This was a bonus. The snack bar food was simple but nice, offering burgers, pizzas and salads.

There was lots to do in the day and evening, both in the hotel such as the entertainment and shows provided by the Animation team. A special mention to Adriano, Antonio and the gang for keeping us entertained throughout. They were thoroughly entertaining with their activities in the day, along with dancing and music being played. They even had someone coming round to ask the guests for song requests around the pool. I thought this was a nice personal touch.
As well as places to visit, such as Naama bay, Nabq bay, soho square and Old market, we decided on a mixture throughout the 2 weeks, sometimes eating in and sometimes eating out.

On getting to these places we would go and see Alex who ran the taxi service from the hotel. Even though you could get a cheaper taxi from outside of the hotel, I can't recommend Alex and team enough. They dropped off and collected for a certain price and a high quality service is most definitely guaranteed. He even gave us a mobile phone to take with us when we didn't know what time we would need collecting so that we could call and he would know to send someone in time. Really lovely man too.

Overall we had a lovely time and met some lovely people. Both staff and guests.
I would recommend one thing if you consider going to visit - and that is to check when Ramadan is and avoid when it coming to an end, as Ramadan was finishing while we were out there and it was a very busy time for a few days in the hotel. The noise and temperament of some of the guests was not acceptable. The hotel were extremely apologetic and this was not really their fault. But luckily it didn't end up putting a dampener on our holiday. We had a thoroughly enjoyable time.

Josie and Tom, England

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Josiemanning
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We had a two weeks vacation in this hotel. Some details:
-The staff is very kind. The do their job day by day
-the beach is clear, they have nice sun roofs, beds. The beach bar is very good. Cocktails, beer, water, soft drinks in 20 metres.
- the room is normal size, clean, and if you are lucky than have a nice see view.
- thee food is good. Thay have 10-15 type of main dishes, 15-20 typa of desserts every day! If you late, than they refresh the food.
-the town is only avaible by taxi or bus.
The see is nice. If it is windy than the view in the water is short, but if you rent a water pedal the is is beautiful.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Somodisoma
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Just arrived home today after a fantastic holiday. On arrival you're greeted with drinks and charming staff at reception , off to your room , perfect , it's a good size room for 2 adults and a 14 yr old son , very clean , excellent air con what more could you ask for , everyday its done like this , you get all the usual , swans , elephants and best of all a monkey made out of towels , we were in 1812 , perfect view looking at the wreck and Tiranna , beautiful gardens , clipped and mowed and the plants fantastic . down to the pool , i don't usually go in any pool , cause kids are kids and you know what happens there , clean super clean , no fag ends, no rubbish , just so clean pool men are at it all day , if you want that bed , you tell him it's yours , you don't have to rush to get a bed it's so relaxed there are always beds free at anytime .pool men give you quality towels everyday from 7 am , they are there cleaning so good at their job , if you like the beach you have the option of over 300 beds and believe me so close to the bar and most perfect view and sea , beach bar is excellent , all the staff will grow on you and down there is like paradise , all the staff take turns down there , Hossan is amazing , so nice even bringing you a drink , madgdy , charming so charismatic , so many staff work down there but it's beautiful , if you prefer the pool you will get at the bar , Mohammed ,lovely friendly man hard working always on the ball always fast at making it happen , cause they just don't serve drinks but cocktails and these men know their stuff ,you will meet a man called Alla ed din he is the creme de la creme of bar men nothing will beat this man of cocktails , my bar man , a true gent , the best there is, but my most happiest moments come from the mad pizza chef , he 's nuts he is a geezer , so funny , loved him to bits cook you anything and it's there done under a shade delivered by Ahmed ( smooth bloke ) in minutes , loved him to bits just shout geezer and they all give you so many English remarks at you ,you will laugh you head off , it has to be a gem , all work so hard , you will get to know all of them personally. the main restaurant is excellent never wanted for anything the food choice is good everyday , you can get anything just ask a waiter , which brings me to our waiter Hamada , amazing man , works his nuts off to make you happy , he knows your drink , table , what you like after 2 days , he is the perfect gent ,you will get to know even the big boss , he is around 24 / 7 , massive man with lots of bosses around him in the early morning making sure everything happens , when he is there even he makes things happen and what a man when you chat to him , all day around the pool from dusk till dawn you will get the entertainment team .................. , lost for words , feel like i adopted 2 daughters and 3 sons , starting with Adriano the boss ...... best dancer i have ever seen , speaks so many languages , and amazing at card tricks , dancing , what a bloke , next comes little Antonio , Mr gangnam style himself , mr fitness around the pool always willing to spend time with you no matter what , next comes Rio , lovely , mr michael jackson , dancer and so funny around the pool with the guests , next comes Lucy , beautiful , fun and kid club extraordinaire , next comes Chloe a true British beauty from Leeds , can dance , always around , always chatty , like the kids i lost years ago , finally Nikita , Russian but still always sits down and talks to you he is funny with out even trying , but for me my holiday of a lifetime having been all over the world it all came down two 2 people , Ahmed and katy , these are the most hard working hotel representatives always there for you with any questions , queries and any thing you need or any thing you suggest ,always there always around the most helpful people everyday , the big boss gave us a room when we checked out till 7 pm , no payment , courtesy of the little boss and Ahmed , i went as a guest and left a friend , felt like i lost a family , left with a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat cause of all the staff , been all over the world in rio's everywhere , nothing compares to this hotel ................ best holiday ever xx Ty ..... Mr Ouzo x Michael Wibberley room 1812

Room Tip: Don't think there is such a thing as a bad room at this hotel. Even if further away from main ho...
1 Thank Michael W
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Having visited Egypt on 13 occasions in the past 11 years taking in stays in Cairo, Sharm, Taba, El Gouna, Hugada and the Nile cruise I feel I have tested the water sufficiently to be objective about a hotel, its staff, location and overall quality. For me Jaz and quality go hand in hand. This is my first visit to the Belvedere but my sixth visit to a Jaz Hotel.
A new General Manager had been appointed less than a month before our visit: When I saw who that was I felt assured that our stay at the Belvedere would be one to remember. Mr Sherif is a true gentleman who works long and hard; with customer satisfaction being his and his staff team’s priority. Mr Sherif brought with him a new executive chef to ensure the food quality; which it certainly was. At the pointy end of the business the hotel have a real gem in customer relations manager Katy; who is the eyes and ears of guests and has wonderful listening and communication skills in a number of languages. Katy is a warm sincere young woman; who works tirelessly to address any problems brought to her attention. I felt privileged to have met and spoken with the group’s general manager and H.R. Manager while I was there and both painted a very positive picture of a company who see staff training and development as a core element responsible for the quality we as guests are the recipients of.
The hotel beach location is tranquil and ensures a restful relaxed holiday. The grounds are interestingly landscaped and well maintained; our room was beautiful and was cleaned daily to a very high standard. The food was of the highest standard and the food hygiene and variety of food was wide and varied; as there was always something on the menu to satisfy the vast majority of guests. In the last twelve months the group have extended their all inclusive by offering a twenty four hour bar; which has undoubtedly reduced wastage as many guests in the past would stock pile the drinks before last orders and leave tables piled high when they went to bed.
The staff at the Belvedere could not do enough for guests: The restaurant staff were excellent and I would like to commend the team of Chefs, Ezat the Captain and waiters Yehia, Hamada, Mohamed and Ahmed for tolerating my sense of humour and for their excellent service. The bar staff also were fantastic and I would like to thank Roby, Reda and Hossam for always delivering an excellent service with a smile. Finally you sometimes meet a very special human being and in “Dapper Man” this was the case. Totally committed to making sure the grounds and amenities were immaculate; yes old blue eyes ahmed Rashwan; you are the tops and I hope we meet again on our next visit
Finally what hotels usually fall down on is the entertainment, well not the Belvedere: Some of the acts brought in from outside of special note was the saxophonist who performed in the restaurant as did the violinist who were both acts I would have paid to go to see in concert. Another act of special note was the evening we spent on the beach where we were entertained by dancers who captivated an audience of all ages with their skilful fire dancing: They used rods of fire to wow the guests. Finally a rare talent indeed was a young man who sang to backing tapes; a young man I believe has the X Factor. We later found out he was the husband of Katy our Customer Relations Manager (please send me a c.d. and I will manage his first u.k. tour). A most enjoyable holiday and one I would recommend as fantastic value for money….Thank you all so much
John H

Room Tip: Was allocated a pool facing room; but was offered an alternative: However it is my belief that as lo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JohnandLinda259250
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

As others have mentioned, the staff are amazing here; never failing to help and make things as perfect as possible, especially Katie and Ahmed from guest relations, pretty much checking every day that were happy, especially when all the Egyptians arrived to celebrate Eid.
Things became very busy, but it was still quiet down on the beach, if we wanted to escape to crowd.
I would recommend checking when Eid falls for 2016, to avoid the crowds.
Go-Go, our 'Chamber man' was very helpful and made sure that everything was perfect, (Hi Go-Go).
Magdi, at the bar made a good cocktail too.
The location is awesome, but block 17 was quite a hike from the beach, pool etc.
We have to be honest and say that as 'Veggies', we struggled to find variety to eat, but that's our choice I guess. They did make an alternative for the small group of veggies that were there, so we couldn't ask for more.
The resort is kept immaculate, with the cleaning staff out at 7am blitzing the pool area.
The reception is a lovely cool area to relax, a welcome respite from the heat...47 degrees during the afternoon.
We did the 'Submarine' trip, which was lovely for non-snorkelers to see the fish.
Just off the beach is a nice place for those who do snorkel. We saw a Picasso Trigger fish, a massive blue Angel fish, a Giant Clam, 'Nemo's' and plenty more; the hotel recommend beach shoes, as it's stony at the water's edge.
I did a couple of all-day dive trips, which were well organised.
We also did Quad biking in the Desert, which was great fun, but remember a scarf to stop you inhaling the sand!!!
Air con in the rooms was excellent.

Room Tip: Block 17 was quiet, but quite a hike from the pool and food areas.
1 Thank TheBlueDiver