“A characteristic hotel that is not over the top but provides exactly what you need for a chilled out holiday.”

Cleopatra Tsokkos Hotel
Ranked #204 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We were quite concerned about staying at this hotel due to the poor reviews on this site. We certainly didn't need to worry. The staff were friendly and helpful and very cheerful. The food was good, we didn't experience any tummy upsets unlike other people who had eaten outside of the hotel. We stayed all inclusive which turned out to be good value for money. The hotel is in a good location with many other areas just a short taxi journey away. (Check out Soho Square - a lovely area) We would definately return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2010

the pool is good the staff friendly, food leaves a lot to be desired. We usually stay in five star hotels this hotel is probably more a two star. The DJ thinks he is a stud had three sisters on the go at one stage mother seemed to think this was fine another great ambassador for the English abroad. Hotel needs updating the owner needs to talk to the guests about the problems not the staff as they cover up they only run round after you in the restaurant when he is around. Needs updating and the plumbing sorting out as it has a disitinctive aroma some days. If you only want a base this is fine any further stay at a proper hotel instead.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
London, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I am a single parent traveller. I travelled throughout the middle east with my 9 year old daughter for a month, and just returned home last week. As a mid way point, I booked this hotel, so we could have a break from the intense summer heat, swim, and take it easy for a couple days before the next leg of out trek.

It was cumbersome and disapointing from the minute we set foot through the front door.

It was 7 p.m. (we had a LONG travel day coming in from Aqaba Jordan). There were people in the pool, and it was light out still.

We received our room key, went to our room which had an extra bed in it and therefore no room, called the front desk to have it removed. They came in about 30 minutes and removed it. My daughter was itching to have a swim and cool off after the 12 hour travel day. We changed, went to the pool (that still had peple swimming in it - it was about 8 p.m. at this point), and as soon as my daughter got in, she was told to get out and that the pool was closed for the day. She was disapointed and got out. I went to the front desk to ask what the hours were for the pool, and they said until 7p.m. - However, it should be noted that the others were still frollicking in the pool and were NOT made to get out. So I let her go back in for another quick cool off! Not sure if it was because the "others" were local men swimming or not, but it seemed preferential. The are the same men that started hounding guests to "go out" later when they were leaving to find food....not the best security at this hotel!!

We went back to our room to wash up and go find something to eat. The toilet was visibly dirty (read: the last guest's mess on the toilet seat), and it did not flush. Once again I called the front desk and complained, and they said they would send someone to fix it in an hour..it was after 9 p.m.

I went down to the front desk and asked for another room with a working bathroom, but the manager had left for the day, so i would have to wait for the next morning...what??? So I old them that I expected to have a maintenance person available when we returned from getting food, and not to enter my room before hand (no safety deposit boxes in the rooms).

We returned and the maintenance guy fitzed around for a while until we got a slight flush...the bathroom was left dirty and I had to clean the toilet myself.

I complained to the manager the next morning after being told to "wait 5 minutes" about 12 times - he didn't seem to be too concerned with the lack of clenliness or poor service from our check in the night before. He did not offer to promote us to a different room, or offer us any real apology or complimentary anything.

Awful hotel, poor service, dirty accomodations, and if you want to use the WIFI at this hotel, it is $50 EGP per 24 hour period...what?? I have never in my travelling the world paid for a private room in a hotel and had to pay $10.00 CAD per day for internet. It was the same to use the hotel computer for 445 minutes, so i paid for one day, and ended up having to be reimbursed because there was no service from their provider and no one wanted to escalate the concern..so if you have business needs (as I did), you do NOT want to stay at this hotel.

Lastly, our room price included breakfast. This is a real bad breakfast buffet: boiled hotdogs, canned fruit, bread, crystalized juice, and instant coffee...really bad. I asked thee "chef" if I could have a whole banana and a whole orange for my daughter because they had some cut up in a metal bin that looked to be from the day before, and he told me no. Again, it took for me to go and get loud with the manager who then came and ordered the chef to get me 2 bananas and 2 oranges. That is literally all i felt safe eating at this breakfast buffet because I could wash and peel them myself.

Would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely not. Overpriced, and bad service...you are better looking for something else.

Also, FYI they wanted $100 EGP for an airport transfer using the hotel taxi...but you can get a street taxi for $60 EGP like I did.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank coraclara

Travellers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

spain
Reviewed 11 August 2010

stayed there (thank god) only one night and even that was too much. staff was very rude, most of them didnt speak english, bartenders wanted to overcharge us for the drinks, they were even fighting behind the bar. room was ok, but not for 3 star hotel!! it was more like 1 star. we even got stolen few things from the room and when we asked to see the manager, he was just saying that his staff would never do it and we must have lost it somewhere else.
it is not value for money and would never go back there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rosita35
England
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I stayed at the Cleopatra with with partner over the New Year. The hotel isn't 5 star by any stretch of the imagination but then it isn't advertised as one. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis as I like to go out and try different restaurants (of which there are plenty all within a 5 - 10 minute walk of the hotel). The entire hotel needs an over haul as both the bedrooms and public areas are very tired looking. It is a basic hotel and shouldn't be compared to the vast majority in the area which are 4 and 5 star. The rooms are small and a little shabby but clean and the rooms at the back are lovely and quiet. The staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough to help. We decided to stay for the Gala New Years Eve meal and it was excellent. The food, service or entertainment couldn't be faulted and it proved what could be done if the hotel put their prices up a little.
I've stayed at many hotels in Egypt and although it certainly wasn't the best for the price we paid it's good value for money if you want a cheap week in the sun.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2010

honestly guys im not a fussy person when it comes to hotel booking. when i read reviews before i booked for this hotel i thought people were just exaggarating, so my hubby and decided to abandon the reviews and found out for ourselves. honestly i do not know were to start. The hotel shouldn't be rated as 3 or 4 star. It is really a 1 star. The food is the same cold food everyday. We stayed there for a week, although it was just half board we payed for, we wished if we had just payed for the room. i only managed to eat there twice and had to eat out all the other times. my husband however ate breakfast there every morning and sometimes had their tea, but guess what he had diarrhorea. the rooms are horible, very old furniture,mingy bathrooms, dirty blankets, ciggaratte burns on blankets. towels were cream rather than white. Staff, especially reception ones very rude and just want your money, and they speak very littlte english. The games room was dirty and facing the stinking, horrible toilets. the only good thing was the air conditioning in rooms andthe swimming pool, however the swimmimg pool only operated until 5:30pm, which is ridiculious considering that temperatures are over 35 degrees @ night time in summer. My husband and I had a good holiday but that was because we spend all the time away from the hotel. We just used it as a base to sleep. We ended up going on excursions every day just to avoid the hotel, which was really good. Quite a few people changed the hotel as soon as they had seen its state. I would beg you not to book at this hotel PLEASE, PLEASE. However, having said that Sham -el-sheikh is great and would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ochaps
north wales
Reviewed 5 July 2010

could not belive our eyes when we saw sparks coming from behind fridge, when my husband pulled the fridge out there was three plugs in one socket and bare wires showing. not a place we will go again.brekfast was none existent toaster not working,sour milk, appauling. shower was nothing more than a trickle.

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple