“another wonderful holiday”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sharm El Sheikh
Ghazala Gardens Hotel
Ranked #87 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Just back from another visit to ghazala gardens . This hotel has some of the most helpful staff we have ever known.From the general manager, reception,guest relations, porters, food and beveridge,maintenance, cleaning, beach and lifeguard and anyone else I may have forgotten are a credit to Red sea hotels. Certainly Ramez (general manager) and Jane and Bianca (guest relations) could not have been more helpful or efficient.
The rooms are somewhat dated but the hotel makes up for this in other ways ie 3 a la carte restaurants you can visit as often as you wish, you also get plates that are hot and a good selection of food in the buffet restaurants. The hotel beach across the road is in the best location in Naama bay where you can also snorkel without having to use a pontoon.
We asked for and got a quiet room and heard no noise whatsoever at night.
I am concerned that this review may encourage too many people to book this hotel next year and we may not be able to secure a reservation !
Many thanks to everyone at Ghazala gardens particularly Ramez, Bianca and Jane.

Room Tip: Rooms away from reception area and at the back of the hotel are quiet
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MoorsyOxford
GMOffice, Guest Relations Manager at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear “MoorsyOxford”
We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your fabulous comments on this website and your praising words for our team members regarding our hospitality & warmth that you received. We are delighted to read that once again you had a wonderful experience with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back next year or sooner we hope.
The Ghazala Gardens Management Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,809)

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I've been back from my 3rd stay at Ghazala Gardens for 3 days, and as always it was fantastic. So much so that I've booked to return again in September......can't wait.

As always the hotel is immaculate, staff are constantly cleaning and there is never a thing out of place. The gardeners work tirelesly to make sure the grounds look beautiful, and they do an amazing job.
Nothing is too much trouble and each and every member of staff at the Gahzala Gardens wll go out of their way to make sure that your holiday is as pefect as it can be.

The hotel is in an ideal location, just a 2 minute stroll from Naama Bay, yet once within the grounds you'd think you were withinin your own little oasis.....so peaceful and pretty.

Special thanks should be mentioned to Jayne in Guest Relations, who was always on hand to help if help was needed. Or just for a chat to make sure you were enjoying your holiday.
Alos to Mohammed at the Fountain Restaurant....the best waiter in Egypt. And to Mohammed at the Ghazala Cafe and Mahmood at the Mango Bar....the best barmen in Egypt.

The food ate both the buffet restaurants was great, always plenty to choose from (sometimes too much!!!!) and the a la carte restaurants were excellent, in particular O Fogo and Little Italy.

I have travelled quite alot over the years and have NEVER returned to the same hotel twice, til now. I could parise this hotel on and on and on, but I think the fact that I will be returning for the 4th time in Setpember says it all.

If you're thinking of booking, don't hesitate.

Shukran Habibi, and see you all again in September :-)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank missyp284
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Ok, going to start with the only downside to the holiday but it wasn't really the hotels fault, its just that Sharm has a major mosquito problem at the moment. I was bitten ALIVE, legs, arms few on the torso...they are everywhere. Sadly even in the rooms, so go prepared with plugs ins, sprays bite cream, everything I DIDNT do :( I think i was possibly the most bitten person in the hotel, (even the waiters made reference to my chicken pox like legs) but I still managed to have a great week there so thats saying a lot!

Stayed here in early May with my partner for a week all inclusive and had a really amazing week. Hotel looks beautiful especially at night with the lanterns everywhere. The room was basic as previously stated but did the job, and we were barely in it apart from sleeping so didn't really care.

The food was brilliant, ignore the buffet and get booked in at the restaurants they are all brilliant. I loved the risotto at little Italy so much, and the waiters there were so friendly that the atmosphere is always warm and welcoming. Fogos food was amazing too, and contrary to the other reviewers on here I really liked the Mexican, big portion of fajita meat and tasty but thats the only main they do so I guess thats what people might be disappointed about. Get ice creams from by little italy to enjoy them in a hand made waffle cone...seriously they are delicious!

Not much of a drinker, but on this holiday i think you wouldn't have known that as they drinks were free flowing and little wait at the bars. We were decent tippers so toward the end of the week we often got drinks brought to us at the table.

Not a fan of naama bay at all, even as 2 guys we were harassed by people, 1 guy getting a bit aggressive, and in the evenings asked if we wanted to by drugs every other person. Luckily the hotel was so great i didn't feel the need to leave it other than the first night when our flight was delayed 4 hours (was on the way back too AVOID MONARCH!) and we got there after food had stopped being served so we went for a meal.

Will go back for sure!

Room Tip: We were in block 4, loved the location, but if went again would upgrade to a junior sweet as a coupl...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The hotel was lovely, very clean, very different, very attractive, food excellent.
The staff were amazing and could not do enough for us, everything we requested, we even got a kettle and cups for our room. Thank you Jayne for being so wonderful, thank you guys at the Mango bar, you are special and the Ghazala could not do without you. Thank you everyone for all your help. It was a bit boring in the evenings, more entertainment would have been great, free that is and I do think the staff could be paid better so they do not have to try to sell us entertainment, I felt very sorry for them after working long hours already and was annoyed that we were asked to pay more on top of an all inclusive, it's very annoying and could put us off.
Naarma bay is not the best place to be to be honest so to stay within the hotel was just fine, if you go out make sure it is on the many wonderful boat trips. All in all we had a wonderful, relaxing time at the Ghazala gardens and could recommend it to anyone for a complete chill down.

Gill Cooper, Mike Matthews

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gilliecoops
GMOffice, Guest Relations Manager at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear “Gilliecoops”,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us at Ghazala Gardens and your lovely, praising words regarding our team members. We are happy to read our hotel did meet your expectations and you had a wonderful & truly relaxed vacation. Additional to our AI program we do offer some special events e.g. an oriental party including set menu & external show, for a small extra fee and we are sorry to hear that these offers made by our team members made you feel this way. We also did discuss your remarks regarding the evening entertainment with our chief animator, who has taken your comments on board.
Thank you once again for your honest comments and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

stayed here in march to celebrate my birthday
it was a WOW from when we first pulled up on the coach outside the hotel
all the staff were friendly and polite
the room was clean and comfortable, it was cleaned every day and sometimes a lovely towel decoration was there when you went back to your room
the hotel and gardens were kept spotless through out our stay
the grounds looked magical at night when all the lights came on
there was a good choice of food whatever time of the day you was eating
the staff were always willing to help if you had any problems
we had a great time there and would love to go back if we get the chance

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wendy_p451
GMOffice, Guest Relations Manager at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear “ Wendy_p451”
We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your special day with us! We appreciate that you took the time to write your lovely comments regarding our hotel services, location and hospitality you received from all our team. We are more than pleased that we could provide you with a wonderful time at our hotel where you felt very welcome. And we are looking forward to welcome you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Ghazala Gardens Hotel - Sharm El Sheikh

We stayed at the Ghazala Gardens hotel in Sharm El Sheikh in April 2012 for one week. There were 2 adults and 2 kids (aged 9 and 13) and we opted for two interconnecting rooms so that both us and the kids had some privacy.

Travelling
We flew from Birmingham International and got reasonably good flights. This meant we departed BHX at 09:05 on Sunday morning, arriving at Sharm airport at around 15:00. Then on the way back we departed Sharm at 16:35 arriving back at BHX at 21:35. We live within 30 minutes of BHX but chose to stay overnight before near Birmingham airport because check-in opened 3 hours before the flight. In the end I think this was a good decision and made things a bit more relaxed on the morning of the flight.

The flights themselves were ok. We flew with Thomson and its clear this flight is classed as a short-haul despite being 5h30m. Leg-room is not what you’d call generous but I’m 6 foot and didn’t really have a problem. On the flight there are snacks and drinks to purchase but nothing free. It’s worth picking up a couple of bottles of drink at the airport as the in-flight drinks can be pricey. There were also Sony PSPs to rent on the plane for £7.50 each and these were preloaded with a selection of films (both suitable for kids and not) and had a small selection of games. They do take credit and debit cards on the plane in case you don’t have enough cash.

We personally didn't want to be waiting around for a coach to fill up with people at the airport and then drop off at all of the different hotels so we booked a private transfer. This worked really well for us and we were really pleased with our decision. It cost us £12 through SharmExcursions.com and we knew we could get a taxi cheaper but didn't really want the pain of haggling after a long journey. Someone was waiting outside departures with a board for us so we got straight into our mini-bus and were whisked to the hotel.

One thing that is slightly striking on the way from the airport is that Sharm is purely a resort in the desert. There are mountains in the background but very little else. That wasn’t a problem for us because we just wanted a relaxing break around a hotel pool. More on that later.

First Impressions
We arrived at the hotel and it looked lovely. The reception area was really nice and check-in was painless and we were shown to our rooms by the porter with our luggage. On the way to our room we walked through a lot of the grounds of the hotel which are actually enclosed by the hotel buildings meaning that you can't get into the hotel unless you are a guest.

The grounds of the hotel were immaculately kept and during our stay they were constantly tidied and cleaned so my photos look like brochure shots but that was just how everything always looked.

Room
Our rooms were exactly as we'd booked and although the decor looked a little tired, they were very clean and perfectly adequate.

We did have a problem on the first day as the air-conditioning in the rooms wasn't working at all – it got to the point that both rooms were stiflingly hot and very unpleasant. I went to reception to complain and they were very good and sent 2 engineers immediately. The engineers came and they immediately agreed there was a problem and disappeared off to work on it. About 15 minutes later they came back having changed the compressor on the air-con unit and it had already started to cool down. For the rest of the holiday the air-con was perfect and freezing cold whenever we wanted.

There was an old style TV in the room and the picture wasn't great but it was watchable. There were a few German and a few English channels - news and limited films mainly.

The room had a mini-bar which wasn't part of the all-inclusive deal. There was also an electronic mini-safe in each room which was free to use and comfortably took our cameras and my 14" laptop plus passports/etc.

The bathroom was adequate (although I don't think Egyptian grouting will win any contests) but the bathroom was clean and had fresh towels each day. Egyptians don't seem as keen on toilet paper as British people (see "out and about" for more about that!) so we didn't tend to see a spare loo roll in the bathrooms which can be interesting if you get any kind of tummy upset! That said, the room servicing cart was always parked near our room so I helped myself to a spare when necessary but I'm sure they would have provided them easily if I'd have asked.

Also, in our bathroom the cold water pressure was pitiful which meant that the shower wasn't useable. However, being as we had another bathroom through the connecting doors and the shower worked well in there, it wasn't a problem. The hotel don’t recommend that you use the tap water for brushing teeth and did provide a large bottle of water in every room for the purpose of brushing teeth.

The room had a little balcony that overlooked the kids pool area and there was a table and chairs there. In reality, we spent most of the time at one or other of the bars so didn't use this for anything other than drying wet swimming gear.

Each room had a "Do not disturb sign" which when hung on the door seemed to work perfectly in as much as the staff wouldn't knock on the door if the sign was on the door.

All in all, the rooms were perfectly adequate. They'd never win awards for luxury but they were functionally fine. If I could have changed one thing about the room it would be that we had 2 single beds next to each other to form a double. This is an arrangement that people travelling in Europe will be fairly used to but it meant we couldn't cuddle up easily at night. I believe the family rooms might have double beds but I don't know for sure.

Public Areas
As I mentioned above, the public areas were always very well kept and clean. The brochures say there are 5 pools and if you count them really generously then there are but this isn’t a criticism. The pools are mostly connected so you can swim between the areas. This means that to my mind, there are loosely 3 swimming pools at the hotel. The two main pools are a heated pool at the top of the complex which has a dam that the heater water overflows into the main pool.

The main pool has an artificial beach and a fairly large swimming area, it then loops off around the hotel complex with a number of bridges crossing it. There are two places where the main pool has walls that overflow into a third bottom pool which is smaller. None of the pools are very deep but are deep enough to swim in. There are also steps all of the way around to get in or out.

The air temperature was 30+ degrees every day and so it could feel quite hot. Despite this, the main pool took a while to warm up and could feel a bit chilly first thing. When you got into it you almost immediately got used to it and we actually used it most days to cool us down nicely. In the afternoon the main pool was actually warmer than the heated pool but they were always pleasant.

Around the grounds there are lots of sun beds. There are two main types, either sun loungers or beds - the beds are like double four poster beds with a canvas cover over the bed for shade. It's best to put your towels out earlier if you’re planning on staying around the pool all day and you'll get a better position. That said, there are lots of beds and they are all close to one bar or another. We left books and other possessions unattended on the bed when we went swimming and never had a problem.

It was half-term when we were there and the hotel was completely full but you would have never known as it never felt busy and there wasn’t a problem getting food or drinks ever.
The hotel does have wifi in reception but the signal was limited and even when you got a connection it was painfully slow so I would say don’t go there expecting to rely on it for anything more than a Kindle purchase or some facebook updates! Within a few minutes’ walk of the hotel there was a Vodafone store and I bought a 3G dongle for 225 Egyptian pounds (about £25) which had 500Mb of internet and I got a fantastic signal in the room and around the complex meaning I could continue to be connected anywhere which worked really well for me.

Restaurants and bars
There are 5 restaurants and in the day time there are 3 bars for all-inclusive drinks while you're lounging around the pool. The alcohol that's included is "local" alcohol which means they're not brands you're likely to have heard of. That said, the beer was perfectly ok and the white wine was entirely passable as long as you're not some sort of wine buff.

The bars also do a nice range of alcoholic cocktails from the all-inclusive range as well as non-alcoholic cocktails for the kids to enjoy. There are also soft drinks and combinations of drinks so you could happily have vodka and diet Pepsi for example.

There are other drinks available that you have to pay extra for - these include imported beers, wines and spirits but we didn’t bother with these.

The food in the restaurants was good rather than excellent. The two buffet restaurants are quite nice. There is “The Fountain” downstairs and “The Olive Garden” upstairs from reception.

Only the 2 buffet restaurants serve breakfast. Breakfast was good and about what you’d expect in a normal European hotel. The freshly cooked omelets were nice and the girls enjoyed fresh crepes most mornings.

Lunches are available at 4 of the restaurants with the two buffet restaurants offering a variety of meat and pasta type dishes along with salad. There is also Little Italy and the Island Bar and Grill. Little Italy unsurprisingly offers Italian food with nice pizzas and pasta dishes and the Island Bar and Grill offering burgers, hot dogs and kebab sort of fare. Both were really nice and serve food from around 12:30 until 16:30 so plenty of time for stocking up.

Little Italy and the Island Bar and Grill also both have bars that serve all inclusive drinks throughout the day and there is the Mango bar which doesn’t do food but does drinks all day and into the evening.

It is clear that the staff tries to upsell you to non-inclusive drinks and meals during your stay but it was never pressured. If we asked for all-inclusive wine we got it every time without fuss.

In the evenings you have to book for the non-buffet restaurants and they only take bookings in the mornings so if you arrive in the afternoon you have no choice but to eat at the buffet restaurants that evening. Reception told us that you could only book for one day ahead but actually we were able to book several days ahead. The Island Bar and Grill becomes a Mexican at night and I thought that was the weakest of the restaurants. Little Italy was our favourite and there is also O’Fogo which is described as “fine dining” and was definitely more up market but not overly so and the food there was really nice.

All in all the food and drink was really good and enjoyable.

Entertainment
There were various entertainment evenings on including a gala dinner on Friday night. We booked for an oriental evening at Mango Bar although these events are charged in Euros rather than Egyptian pounds and you pay for them when you check-out. The evening’s entertainment lasted about 2 hours in all and was superb with a male dancer in traditional costume followed by a belly dancer and then a snake charmer. The waiters were really good at keeping you topped up with drinks while it was all going on.

Staff
The staff in the hotel were all very friendly and helpful. In particular the staff at the Mango bar were always very friendly and happy and would make whatever drinks we wanted. I also think the Mango bar had the best music! The hotel’s rep for English visitors is called Jane and is a real asset to the hotel. She was extremely helpful and friendly, often stopping for a chat during the day to find out what we’d been up to and how we were finding everything. She is a real asset to the hotel

Local Area
The hotel is almost opposite the main street in Naama Bay and it’s quite pleasant to go a walk around there at night. There are lots of restaurants and shops down there but you need to be well practiced in haggling for most of them.

Even though the hotel provides bottled water, if you want drinks in your room you can go to the bar and tell them you’re taking the drinks to your room and they’ll put them in plastic glasses for you. Alternatively there’s a reasonable sized Carrefour within a few minutes’ walk of the hotel. This opens at 10am and closes at 2am. If you want a bottle of Pepsi from the hotel, they will sell one but its 50 Egyptian pounds rather than 4 Egyptian pounds at Carrefour so it is worth the walk.

The first few times we went out and about we found the locals can be a bit intimidating because they will follow you down the street trying to talk to you “English? Luvly jubbly”. They all want you to go to their shops but most of the time if you just say “no thanks” and continue walking they’ll leave you alone. It does get much easier the more you get used to it.

In truth, we didn’t go out too much because we were so content staying in the hotel and lounging around the pool. We’ve had lots of holidays where we’ve been very active so a chilled holiday was a new experience but really nice.

We also did a day trip to Cairo and also visited Aqua Blu water park and The Hard Rock café and I’ve posted separate reviews of those.

Conclusion
It was a lovely and relaxing holiday. We did get some insect bites but I’d recommend getting some cans of “Off” from Carrefour as that seemed very effective. We also had a few days of tummy upsets although nothing terrible but it’s worth packing some Imodium or something similar although there are chemists in Naama bay who are quite helpful. I don’t think this is any reflection on the hotel as all of the food was always well cooked.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank earltubthumper
GMOffice, Guest Relations Manager at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear "Earltubthumper",
We would like to pass on our sincere thank you to your kind feedback, and that we were able to provide you and your family a fantastic and relaxing holiday. We are so happy to hear that the hotel met your expectations, it gives us such delight to hear of your fabulous experience, and the hospitality you received from our team, and that you were assisted efficiently and professionally. It’s lovely to hear your kind comments about our hotel location and facilities we have to offer. It makes us so proud for the recognition you have given us. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We have just returned from an extremely relaxing two week Easter holiday at Ghazala Gardens. The hotel was exceptionally clean with very friendly staff. The sun loungers were a delight & the man in charge of setting up your beds/parasols was like the shopkeeper out of 'Mr. Ben' - he always appeared out of nowhere to assist you! Jane, the guest relations member of staff, was an absolute delight, very friendly, helpful and always had a smile! NOTHING was too much trouble for her!! Paulina, the animations staff member, was also lovely & friendly & we enjoyed playing darts each day as the afternoon sun was setting - a great way to round off the day! The food was very good but did sometimes become a little monotonous & we feel, although we did not have our children with us on this holiday, had they been there they would have struggled to find something to suit them on occasions. Therefore, as a suggestion, maybe more thought needs to be made in relation to variety! The other restaurants on the complex were great however especially 'Little Italy & O'Fogos'! We stayed in block 5 which was very quiet & the bedrooms were always spotless with clean bathroom & pool-side towels everyday as well as a large bottle of water being provided for our use. The towel decorations were a delight in our rooms & although the rooms are a little dated as long as they are clean (which they were) this doesn't really matter too much! The pools were great too, especially the heated one which we used the first week but braved the other ones - cold at first but great once we got used to the water! All-in-all, this was a fantastic holiday & we would certainly recommend it to anyone!! We WILL definitely be returning!

Room Tip: We have just returned from a wonderfully, relaxing two week Easter holiday!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tubbs1966

Dear "Tubbs 1966",
We are greatly honored to receive your wonderful comments, and how much you enjoyed your Easter holiday here in Ghazala Gardens with us. We appreciate and value your feedback so much. It gives us such pleasure to know that you enjoyed our facilities and the great hospitality you received from our team members, and that your stay was made truly memorable. We are also happy to hear you also enjoyed our food delights from two of our A la carte restaurants, ‘Little Italy’ and ‘O’Fogo’ our South American restaurant, however we are in constant touch with our F&B management team, to meet our guest requirements daily. Also that you enjoyed our lagoon style pool, which includes a sandy beach area, and our pool area which is heated between our winter months. We strive to maintain the highest standard to our guests, to enjoy a delightful and relaxing stay. Thank you once again for choosing our Red Sea hotel for your holiday, and we are waiting you on your next return.
Kind regards,