“A real review!!!! Lovely hotel!!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sharm El Sheikh
Ghazala Gardens Hotel
Ranked #86 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My husband and I visited Ghazala Gardens from 1st-15th Sept this year, we loved the hotel and enjoyed our holiday so much we will definately return in the future.

Our experience at the airport was fine, very busy but it was clear where Red Sea Holiday customers had to go, just look out for the men with boards. The hotel is only 10-15 away from the airport which is fantastic.

Check in went very smoothly and fast, before we knew it we were in our room which was nice but had a funny smell to it. I phoned reception and they moved us to another room in another block whcih was much better (1421). Rooms are spacious adn AC is really good. I admit the rooms are very slightly dated but very clean and you are looked after so well by the cleaners. Waled our cleaner was very nice, spoke every morning and evening and he would always change both bathroom and beach towels for us and leave a 2ltr bottle of water everyday for brushing out teeth.

The hotel and grounds are beautiful and are very well kept. Every morning when heading to brerakfast we would put our towels out on the sunbeds infront of the buffet restaurants and nobody would touch them even if we went to the beach etc. The swimming pools (3 in total) do have leaves in them in morning from the surrounding trees but there is a man who gathers them up, pools themselves are beautiful. You are always guaranteed a bed.

There are 5 restaurants altogether Fountain (buffet downstairs - breakfast & dinner), Olive Garden (buffet upstairs - breakfast, lunch & themed dinner), Mexican & Italian (lunch & dinner) and O Fogos (dinner). With the Mexican, Italian and O'Fogos you have to pre book dinner the morning before, aslong as you go to reception to book before 10.30am you are guaranteed a table. The restaurants are all great and staff are very nice and polite. The range of food is fantastic and everything can be cooked to your liking, meats, eggs etc. I would recommend all of the restaurants and the Gala dinner on a Friday (free of charge) but in particular O'Fogos at night is yummy. At the Mexican and Italian at lunchtime the portions can be quite small but you can order more than 1 thing and there is always a small salad bar, potato wedges etc aswell so it is not a problem.

Entertainment is good, they have different things on at different bars every night - Belly dancers, Man in spinning skirt (lol) and snake charmers etc. I would recommend the Egyptian night at the Mango bar, lots of fun and Shisha.

All staff at bars are really nice and treat you like royalty, big thank you to Mohammed & Hasam at the Ghazala Cafe and Shaway at the Mango Bar. These guys really are a credit to the hotel!!!!

You can also use the facilities at Ghazala Beach, we never ate here but used the all inclusive beach bar and beach sunbeds etc.

Wee tip: If you like snorkelling buy a Snorkel and a mask and go to the beach, take about 15 steps in the water and you have coral reefs right in front of you with lots of tropical fish. We did this a few days and absolutely loved it.

There is a spa in the hotel, however I never used but prices were VERY reasonable.

The only thing is I would say about the hotel that I disliked would be the 2 German entertainment reps (1 boy & 1 girl), can get quite annoying, asking you to come to the Beach party/ foam party at Ghazala Beach but if you ignore them they will leave you alone.

Red Sea Holiday reps were very nice and couldn't do enough for you.

The only things you have to pay on top of the All Inclusive price are certain foods at O'Fogos(pennies for what you get), Shishas (£1) and anything after midnight.

We go one main holiday a year and have ranged from Self Catering to 5 Star All Inclusive Hotels all around the world. We would rate this hotel very high. I really don't understand people that are writing bad reviews on it, they must be used to the Ritz. We are ages 25 & 27 and wanted a relaxing, affordable holiday with all the extras and we certainly got that!!

Look forward to returning.

Jennifer & David Bennet

Room Tip: Book 14 - room 1421 was very good
4  Thank jenni_c01
GMOffice, Guest Relations Manager at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear “jenni_c01”
It’s a great honor for us to read your very detailed comments about your recent stay with us and how efficiently our front office team assisted you upon check in. We are so pleased that you sampled a culinary journey exploring our a la carte specialties and mouth watering selections from around the world. Also that you our uniquely designed pool lagoon and other hotel facilities. And it’s nice to receive your positive feedback regarding our recently updated entertainment program. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent holiday and for your recommendation. We hope to see you again in the near future and can provide you with another memorable time.
The Ghazala Gardens Management Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,804)

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We are just back from Ghazala Gardens after another brilliant holiday. We went went there with another couple who we met there a few years ago and we became good friends and all go back every year in Sept. It is our 5th time at Ghazala and our friends 7th so that must tell people how good it is. Another couple joined us for a week who we met last year and we also saw other repeat guests. The food is really good and plenty of choice in fact we thought even better than last year. O Fogo restaurant has always been good but also the Mexican was also good.The staff are really friendly and can't do enough for you, we have made a lot of friends in staff especially Mohamed and his lads at Ghazala cafe bar and Mango bar and also Medhat at Mexican and on desk. They put on a great pre wedding party for us with a big cake and dancing tamborine band, and the same for my friends birthday.We also had a chat with duty manager Martin and The Main Manager Ramis at managers cocktail party, and any suggestions we make are taken on board. Bathrooms could do with updating, beers need to be colder, all these things are ongoing, gardens are all being remodelled, tree felling outside our suite , we had a laugh with them , and also Abdul our little pool guy was great. They work so hard. Also many thanks to Bianca , the guest relations and also Jane for putting up with us. We cant fault the hotel, it's beautiful, the staff are great and any minor problems are usually sorted quickly. Also the location is excellent as you only have to cross the road for shops and night life as we have visited a few nice restaurants and english bars for the football. We will be back next year, can't wait.

2  Thank Maggie009

Dear “ Maggie009”
As repeater guests your comments are greatly received and very important to us. And we love to read that also your 5th visit was an absolute pleasure and you were taken care of in a very welcoming & personal manner. Also we were happy to give a little something back for your loyalty & trust as a regular guest and that you & your friends enjoyed the pre-wedding celebration as well as the birthday party organized by our team. Thank you for your kind appreciation and we are already looking forward to your next visit.
Sunny regards,

Reviewed 24 September 2012

well where wo start first of all we arrived at airport and was told there was a 6 hour delay so not great start then when we finaly got the the hotel we was greeted by the staff and shown to our rooms and that was annoying cos we been up nearly 24 hours we was tired and wanted to sleep but the bloke made us wait next to the pool in the heat well he got more customers then finaly we was shown to our rooms after a ten minute wait then was told me had to then wait for our lugage so agin waited for about another ten minutes and finaly we could sleep well the bed was so thin i ended up with a bad back every moring,i woke up in the morning put towels on the beds near the pool and went for breakfast and that was the starts of our bad meals breakfast was boiled eggs fried eggs or omelette,lunch was pizza at the little italy and the pizza was thin and i mean thin with not much topping then there was other stuff but not nice ie pasta or salad tea was worse stew that was not nice wet tasting fried fish not nice rubber chicken pasta or potatoes some was uncooked then other stuff like german sausages deserts was cakes lovely to look at nasty to eat no taste at all so that was like that every day,then the pool 10/10 amazing you dont have to get up early cos the pool was empty it made us think that the hotel was empty cos you usualy have to be up early to get best beds but not there it was 2 days of quit till they arrived the GERMANS then all hell broke loose jumping into pool playing music loud and shouting like they do and so rude throwing a pool ball to each other but if it hit you they did not say sorry but thats the GERMANS for you so they spolied the pool,now entertainment well sorry there is none so we ended up looking round the shops outside hotel and that was a nightmare we thought turkey was bad for being hassled but they beat them hands down it spoiled your walk and you could not look at things in the shops for them and one bloke touched my partners breast and he grabed it and meant to.now the beer very nice apart from cocktails they made them to strong,we went on a quad bikes you must do this its amazing very bumpy but amazing and dont share the bikes are easy to ride,we both was also booked into a spped boat and snorkling trip but as norm i got the bug and it was worse than the turkey one pains in stomach so so bad it floored me for 24 hours my partner went to chemist accross the road for the tablets to help me and was well over charged so stay away from then chemist acrros the road too dear.my patner said the speed boat trip was good she enjoyed it. the beech it very nice and staff very helpful at night if u want to watch football its on ghazala beech two for one on beers and they cheap the airport on way back is cheap but food again not nice so would we go back again this may sound daft with the moaing i have done but its a MASSIVE YES if they improve the beds and food cos the food is more for the germans so change them two things and we will be back asap .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Dear “ cookson61”
Thank you for sharing your holiday experience on this website. Your comments and feedback are very important to us, only through feedbacks and ratings we can aim to improve the standard & quality our guests receive no matter what nationality. We are sorry to hear about your flight delay, and we know this can make stress for any guests who are waiting to visit their destination. We can ensure you every effort is made to not keep our guests waiting upon check in. We are sorry to read that the quality & range of food we do offer in our several outlets was not up to your expectations but beside the variety of egg dishes we offer for our breakfast there is also e.g. cereals, a wide range of bread, yogurts, fruits, cheese, pancakes, hot items such as sausages, beans and tomatoes and more. Which offers a bit of everything to all our guests not matter what country they are from. And as we are in Egypt we cater for all kind of taste and want to provide a little selection of local culinary delights so we are compelled to answer the points regarding the food is only catered for German people. We are surprised about your comment regarding non existing entertainment as we just received positive feedbacks on our updated program. The weather and climate play a significant role in people’s health especially in Middle East and Africa regarding the hot weather. So eating and drinking sensibly is very important.
Once again thank you for sharing your comments
Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at ghazala gardens in may for one week. This was my third time in sharm and this was by far the best hotel I've stayed at. The hotel itself was lovely set in beautifull grounds. The staff were very friendly and helpfull especially Mohammed on the reception desk. He was great helped me and my aunt with everything we needed and went above and beyond what I expected, even calling the room when I was ill to see if I was ok and needed anything. I think this shows his amazing customer service.
Food at the hotel was of great quality and o fogo restaurant was lovely the food there was great, if you stay at ghazala take advantage of the 3 restaurants and make sure you make a reservation for them. Of all the bars in the hotel we found the staff the friendliest at mango bar, always greeted with a smile and nothing was to much for them.
The only thing I would say needs improving is the evening entertainment the singer who was on every night was not very good and I was disappointed by the orientel show having been to Egypt 8 times I've seen some great shows and was disappointed they didn't have the tanoura dancer I think it's called? The show seemed to only last just over half an hour and only had belly dancers and this bad singer.
The location of the hotel was great just a stones throw from the bay which was great for me, as I could just cross the road and be in the bay for nights out no taxis needed which made a nice change as when I have stayed in sharm before I needed to get taxis to the bay. Hotel is perfect if you want to stay near the bay but not be hearing all the noise from the clubs.
All in all my holiday was perfect and I'd just like to say a big thankyou to all the staff at ghazala for making it such a wonderfull holiday for us, hopefully be back next may but for 2 weeks this time!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Sukaina88

Dear “Sukaina88”
We are so glad to read about your positive overall great experience at Ghazala Gardens and your satisfaction with the service & hospitality you received from our staff members. We are also pleased that you liked quality & range of food we do offer and that you especially liked one of the most famous a la carte restaurants in our hotel the “Ofogo”. Regarding your comments about the evening entertainment we would like to inform you that we have now implemented a new program in cooperation with our animation team. Also the Tanoura is beside belly dancers, Nubian dancer, a snake show an essential event of our oriental party each Wednesday in our Little Italy restaurant while in our Ghazala café we do offer a different separate show every evening free of charge. Once again we thank you for visiting us and are truly happy that you and your aunt had a wonderful week with us.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Hi everyone, myself and my hubby spent the 9th sept for a week here for our first wedding anniversary this year. We had a brilliant time and felt i really wanted to leave a review since i booked this hotel based on the postive reviews, and then became very scared and worried as read some bad reviews before we left!! So i spent the weeks before full of fret and took £400 with us just incase was so bad we could eat else where, I was soo happy when arrived and saw everything was beautiful and my fears had been un needed.

Firstly we booked and went with red sea hols, the reps were good and made sure checked in ok. The transfer is only 10 mins from airport.

The hotel is very big, pretty, clean and the gardens and pool are always been groomed and cleaned. the staff are nice, chatty and would do anything to help you have a good stay.

Our room was nice, tidy and spot less bathroom. Aircon worked and was quiet part of hotel near the outdoor evening music area.

The food was ok, it is a small buffett so not too much on offer but we are fussy and im pregnant so was very careful what we ate, the pasta bar, the beef in a gravy and the soups are lush!!
We never got ill at all, the food was always boiling hot and well cooked. The lunch time food is good, the pizza at little itailian is lush and the grill is lovely i had the nuggets and chip - yum and english tommy sauce yayayay - drinks were all inc too and that was fine, you could pay for the mini bar and the water was 12 ep so bout £1.20 so expensive ish but if you walked across road to shops we got 3 big 2l bottles and some cans for 60ep for £6. You only get one 1.5l bottles of water every other day but i filled mine up at breakfast.

We walked to the beach one day, but in prefect 40' deg everyday and sunny i found it hard walkin bout but it was 10min walk across the road and yes you do get pessered a lot about if you say no they do leave you alone.

The pools are lovely, we were by the pools by 9ish and always got a bed.

Overall a lovely hoilday, one night our electric went out and was fixed in hour hour and no problems. I would stay here again we went out £70 all in all and most that was at airport coming home and had a lovely meal!!

Hope this helps and you pick this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
GMOffice, Guest Relations Manager at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear “ratz2009”

Thank you very much for your sharing fantastic and descriptive review about your fabulous holiday, and thank you for letting us share your first wedding anniversary with you. It gives us great pleasure to read your great experience of the different foods you sampled from two of our A la cartes the “Little Italy”, and our Mexican restaurant” Fajitas” and that you enjoyed the famous beef in gravy and sampled some of the wonderful flavored soups on offer every day. How lovely it is to read that you enjoyed most time at our relaxing pool lagoon, which is very welcomed in the hot weather with all our guests. Also the service you received from our Maintenance team who assisted you efficiently as not to delay you in any way. Your praising words are so very much appreciated and we would like to pass on our sincere gratitude to you ,and very much hope you will visit us again at Ghazala Gardens.
All our very best wishes and warmest regards to you both

Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

I am not long back from my first visit to Egypt and spent 2 weeks at this hotel with my boyfriend. Firstly the hotel grounds are amazing, you can tell they spend a lot of time keeping it lovely. we stayed in a junior suite, swim up room, I know a lot of people mention the rooms are dated, only slightly but they are clean and have a king size bed, plus the air con was great so can't complain. Only thing that annoyed me was that we were ment to have a bottle of water in the room everyday but most times I had to call reception for one and they would say someone would be round in 5 minutes and waited over 2 hours each time which was very annoying and sometimes the reception would try and say its every 2nd day you get a bottle but finally got one. Our toilet broke 2 days in, we called to get it fixed and it took half a day for someone to come round, it did break again but we just fixed it ourselfs as it was quicker. You get beach towels changed everyday and shower towels changed too, sometimes they did forget to leave towels for the both of us so we had to phone reception a few times again.

There is enough choice food wise, the olive garden and fountain resturant are very basic but if you cant get booked into an a la carte then there's something for everyone. Ofogos and little Italy are great and the service was fantastic. We did eat at the Mexican but you don't get much on your plate. The gala dinner that's on every Friday was amazing, you can tell all the chefs have put hard work into it, the food was absolutely fantastic, do not miss out.

There isn't much entertainment at the hotel caters more to Germans and Russians which is a shame. We say at mango bar most nights, the staff there were so friendly all the time, only thing I would say is it's too hot at night to sit for long, maybe some fans at night so it's a little cooler?

We visited ghazala beach, there is a man who stops traffic for you to get across which is good. You do get hassle a lot outside hotel and at namma bey, we just ended up keeping our heads down and didn't speak so they didn't pick up where we were from.

Overall the hotel was good and would recommend , I just think there needs to be more entertainment to cater for everyone as you are quite hotel based in Egypt.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Mw246
GMOffice, Guest Relations Manager at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear “Mw246”
Many greetings from Ghazala Gardens and what a wonderful and proud moment for us to read your honest comments from a travel agents point of view. Thank you! We are happy that our swim up suite complied with your perception of the hotel. We are sorry for any delay in our maintenance department or towel change which we have taken on board. With regards to the water, we do provide every other day a large bottle of water in each guest room, or extra upon request for bathroom use only. We are pleased that you did enjoy our special Gala dinner on Fridays evening which we are very proud of and our other culinary delights in our a la carte restaurants. Our international animation team is tirelessly maintaining and updating our programs for day & night entertainments free of charge which is advertised in our main lobby area which focuses our main market of British & German hotel guests.
Thank you again for your review and your recommendation of our hotel and we hope to tempt you back again in the near future.
Warmest regards to you both

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed at ghazala gardens eygpt in September.from the time we got to the hotel we got well looked after by staff.
We got our first room with poor airconditioning but once we mentioned to the desk we where moved to a updated room and have to say it was easy to talk to the staff and the matter was resolved as easy as that.
Me and my lady Erika enjoyed our time at the hotel, service was fantastic rooms cleaned to top condition,food was for every one's needs.we where made to feel so welcome that we did not want to leave Erika had a tear in her eye when it was time to leave can't say much more than that.
Would not hesitate to book and go back there as soon as possible not sure how people can moan it was a great holiday (money well spent).

2  Thank Gerard T

Dear “ Gerard T “
Thank you for visiting the Trip advisor side and leaving your wonderful feedback, its always such a pleasure to receive fantastic comments from satisfied guests, thank you so much for your kind appreciation. Also for letting our team offer you that extra touch of personal care as it’s a very important part of our daily commitments to our hotel.
We awaiting you soon again for another memorable time here at Ghazala Gardens.