“Good Value, Great Animation Team.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sharm El Sheikh
Ghazala Gardens Hotel
Ranked #81 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Stayed for 2 weeks end of November to start of December, travelled on my own, stayed in a junior suite.

It was generally very good and I would recommend it, but probably not come back because I like to go to new places.

I think a lot of the reviews are fair, but remember it is what people are used to. I would not class this as a 4 Star hotel, 3 at most. For example my (hotel provided) beach towel was taken from the sunbed beside the hotel pool, within the complex. I asked my room keeper for a replacement and was told I had to go to reception, write a letter for them explaining it was lost, and then come back and he would get me one. A 4 star hotel doesn't do this, they just get you another towel.

Value for money I thought was excellent.
The really nice thing about this hotel was the pool layout, it makes it feel so much better than other hotels with one central square pool.

I was here for 2 weeks and the food really got a bit boring, very same same. Pasta, Pizza. I tried the other restaurants that you have to book, and whilst they were pretty good it was a real pain to book in. I was told I couldn't do it the day before, you have to do it in the morning. I went to book in the morning but it is all booked. I don't understand their booking system as when I walked past in the evening there were lots of empty tables. I think they would be better off getting rid of reservations, you just turn up, if there is no table available you wait and have a drink or try a different restaurant - but like I said even when I was told it was all booked up there were still many empty tables all night.

The Pizza's for lunch are a good idea, really enjoyed them. Same for the ice creams and crepes. The pasta in the downstairs restaurant was good, but made even more enjoyable by the great pasta chef who cooked it for you there and then, he was a great laugh even though I have no idea what he said.

The pool was clean, side pool was heated to a usable temperature.
plenty of sunbeds/also nice 4 poster type beds as well. No problems with the germans putting the towels down early, just chuck them off as the hotel has a 1 hour policy which is great fun.

Hotel location is good, na aama bay is pretty good fun, 2 weeks I made many friends every few meters, the locals all want to be your friend and show you their shop, or just ask you a question.
Beach is across the road, it is a bit scary at first but as others have said there is a hotel man who will stop the traffic, but I have also found if you just walk straight out into it the cars stop for you anyway.

Felt very safe here, a world away from all the trouble in the capital. But I understand from others that some tours were cancelled. Not really my thing but if you're into all the sight seeing malarky then maybe check first !!

Lastly, and without a doubt the best thing that really made my 2 week trip was the Animation Team in the red tshirts. they were brilliant, especially the Turkish girl, I forget her name I think something like Ne Here, but she was so much fun. Really happy and entertaining. Thanks very much whatever your name was.

If you are looking to go to sharm, and you want all inclusive resort type holiday, and this is your budget, you will have a great time. If you can afford a bit more, maybe try the Hilton on the beach, but take the animation team with you ;-)

Room Tip: Junior suites are nice, especially if you are a light sleeper and like the mosque next door ;-)
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank jo85e
GMOffice, Guest Relation at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2012

Dear “Jo85e”
Thank you for your review about your recent holiday, and that you chose our hotel Ghazala gardens. We strive to meet our guest expectations and your feedback is very important to us. It’s nice to read that you enjoyed relaxing by our lagoon style pool, which surrounds the hotel, and sampled tasty delights such as the pizzas and ice-creams which are always very popular to all. Your comments regarding the mentioned team members will be gratefully passed on to each one thank you.Our A la carte restaurants are booked 24 hours in advance,so to give every guest the opportunity to try each one while here with us,and also our different themes each day offered in the buffet outlets,which we always try to provide a good variety of many a different dish and something for everyone’s taste,and any guest comments will be passed on to our Food & Beverage manager.With regards to our beach towel system these have been noted and discussed with our Housekeeping management team for future reference.Overall I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and of your forward recommendation, thank you again for your review.
Best regards

There are newer reviews for Ghazala Gardens Hotel

Reviewed 9 December 2012

on arrival we were upgrade for free it was only about ten steps to the pool the gardens around the hotel were will looked after the staff could not do any more for us jane the rep was wonderful.The beach was clean the water clear if you stood about 2 foot in the water the fish would come up to you the mexican restaurants was very nice naama bay comes to life at nite and goes on to about 4 in the morning the only down side to the holiday was the mosquitoes at nite and the files when around the pool and bars but we are going to go back next year

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank fishing44
GMOffice, Guest Relation at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear “fishing 44”

We are very proud to read that this was your best holiday, and that you enjoyed the comforts of our warm friendly and relaxing hotel, the perfect Oriental atmosphere for you to simply enjoy your stay with us. Also to know that you enjoyed one of our junior suites, spacious and equipped for our guests comfort. Our team work hard every day to ensure our hotel remains of the top standard expected from our guests.Thankyou for your kind and honest recognition, which will be passed on to the team members. Our private sandy beach is in a fabulous location right in the heart of Naama bay, and you don’t have to walk far to see the many beautiful marine life. Our A la Carte restaurants offer delicious cuisines from many parts of the world, and our Mexican “Fajitas” is certainly a favourite, and that you sampled the delights on offer. Thank you again for your feedback to us as it is important to keep maintaining the highest standard, and that you all had a wonderful holiday with great memories, and we are waiting to see you again in 2013.
Our warmest wishes and regards to you all from us at Ghazala Gardens.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I don't do ratings on web sites but after being overwhelmed by this place I felt I had to the staff are by far the friendliest happiest people I've ever met .there was 3 a la carts and a buffet and the meals were amazing all the coffee you want fresh cones and omelettes made to order I felt like a celebrity all the staff called you by name they even found a sunbed and put the towel on for and I won't be going anywhere else now I've my found little gem and my advice to put it on your bucket list and visit it

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 7 December 2012

We stayed at the ghazala gardens from 29th November for 1 week on all inclusive and our experience from start to finish was fantastic we could not fault a thing about this hotel the food was first class and so was the service ,they offer 3 a la carte restaurants in which you can eat in every night which has to be booked the night before which again we didnt have a problem reserving any of them o fogos is Brazilian and the food ,choice and service was great the peanut butter soup was excellent, Mexican again another choice the fajitas where to die for , little Italy offer a great choice to and all freshly prepared pastas..both little Italy and Mexican are open for lunch serving the usual pastas pizza or burgers and satays... And you also have your salad bar.. In little Italy there is an ice cream station were the cone wafers are made fresh in front of you this is a must try...they also have the buffet restaurant which had more food choice than I have ever seen in my life we used this for breakfast everyday and the omlettes were amazing cooked fresh in front as was the pancakes..if you miss breakfast there is the 24hour juice and coffee bar that does lovely pastries in the morning and at lunch time... Redsea holidays just tick every box for there customers from beach towels supplied to pool attendance on hand to allocate you a sunbed and even lay your towel on it...rooms were cleaned ever day and nothing seemed a problem to our room attendant... No staff member walks by without a cheery smile and hello...entertainment staff were so nice also they always were about chatting and getting everyone involved in day and night entertainment...
We will definitely be returning as it is by far one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at and we have travelled a lot in the past..
Also really like to mention reception staff were very helpful and the Customer relations Jane who is at the hotel 6 days a week and is on hand for any handy tips and advice and always went out her way to pop over for a nice friendly chat she was such a genuinely lovely person...
Hope this reviews helps anyone who is considering busting the ghazala gardens..

• Stayed: November 2012
GMOffice, Guest Relation at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear “Mj1970”

How very pleased we are to read such praise and gratitude from you regarding your recent stay at Ghazala Gardens, and that we could meet your expectations and the complete guest satisfaction that you encountered with us makes us very proud. Your overall description of our hotel explains in every detail from the staff,service,gastronomy outlets and facilities, and how we did provide you with everything you wanted and more in your holiday. It makes us very honored and thank you, your kind comments will be passed onto the mentioned team members, who like to hear they are giving only the highest standard of service to each and every one of our guests. It is our upmost pleasure to welcome you back once again to Ghazala Gardens.
Our warmest regards

Reviewed 28 November 2012

We had a week in the middle of November at the Hotel.What a wonderful place.The bridges over the pool complex are great to stop and watch the people swimming by.Very large grounds and gardens.Many restaurants to choose to eat at.Most of the food was wonderful and well presented,however some of the food tasted a bit bland.The room was a junior suite on the first floor overlooking the pool.We would get up early and take our cup of tea on the balcony and watch the sunrise in the stillness of the morning.Large bedroom and a very large bed.Yes there were leaves in the pool and the staff were cleaning the pool every day.The water was clear and clean.The road to the beach was busy to cross but the Hotel had a member of staff waiting to help you get across.We had mosquitoes at night- we woke with many bites each morning.Also a lot of flies when sitting round the pool.This was our second trip to Sharm,We went last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.This year we went swimming in the sea with goggles on and was able to watch fish swimming in the sea.The staff couldn't do enough for you,very polite and helpful,although some didn't look at you to say hello.We didn't need to go far from the Hotel-just to the beach,a walk along the promenade and Naama's nightlife, we spent most our time in the Hotel complex.We would love to go back again next year.The Hotel is only one floor high,so only as high as your average tree!

Room Tip: Junior suites are larger.Corner junior suites upstairs have opening in side wall of balcony as well...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tina504226
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Just returned from a two week stay and have to say it was probably the best holiday I've had. You couldn't fault anything. On arrival we were given a free upgrade to a suite. It was such a big room and made the holiday :-) This was our first trip to Sharm and we were planning to experience Naama Bay but the hotel was so good we really didn't feel the need to leave! The beach across the road at Ghazala Gardens was lovely if a little busy but we never had a problem getting sunbeds. The staff were great and tended to our every need. Thanks especially to Jane and Mohammed - they were great. Very sorry to be home but will definately return again next year. The food was good with two beffet restaurants to choose from for breakfast, lunch and dinner - my favourite being the Olive Garden, upstairs. There are also three al a carte restaurants - Italian, Mexican and South American. We tried the Italian and the Mexican - my favourite was the Italian which had great service and yummy pizza. We spent most of the time at the Mango Bar in the evening. Here too we received great service and the guys behind the bar would soon remember your drink and top you up everytime! Please don't listen to any of the bad reviews - these people are just too fussy! My only problem was very annoying mosquitos at night and flies on the beach !

Room Tip: Try and get room number 1324
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
GMOffice, Guest Relations Manager at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Dear “Michelle_Budde”
We would like to send you our highest appreciation for publishing your fantastic review about your recent stay with us. It’s nice to hear that you had a lovely vacation, and too read that this was your best holiday makes us very proud, and that you enjoyed our hotel grounds, especially our sandy beach, and our wide choice of food delights in all our outlets. Also we will pass on your kind comments to the mentioned team members, as it’s always nice for us too hear that every of our guests receive a 1st class service of the highest standard and upon departure are truly satisfied and leave with only wonderful memories of their stay here at Ghazala Gardens. Please accept our sincere gratitude and thank you for taking the time to write on this website, and we do very much hope to host you again in the near future.
Our warmest regards to you both
Mandy Bidar
Guest Relation Manager
Ghazala Hotels

Reviewed 20 November 2012

We spent the last 2 weeks of September here. We arrived late at night after a delay at the airport. Check-in was quick and we were in our room within 15 minutes. The room was fine except that it was block 6 which is over the far end of the complex. My wife has walking difficulties and there are a few bridges to cross to get to reception so the next day we went to the customer relations. they quickly arranged a room transfer with reception when one was available which turned out to be later that evening. They even sent a bellboy to help! Block 4 is not far away from the reception and almost next door to the main restaurant with good access to the Mexican and bars. We ate in all of the restaurants, even the one on the beach and found the quality of the food to be very good. The chef, Hamada, takes his work very seriously and is very proud of his team and their accomplishments. It was our wedding anniversary while we were there and he laid on a specially cooked meal for us complete with music and dancing chefs to round the evening off, to which we are truly grateful.
The other restaurants are as follows;
The Italian makes pizzas to die for!!! good selection, pastas, ice cream etc. a must for the kids.
The Brazilian, O Fogo, is very good. You have to book a table in advance. Some of the dishes are extra and you have to pay for them but otherwise, the all inclusive menu has a good choice.
The Mexican is good for burgers, wraps etc. and is run by Medhat, who will go out of his way to help you. A very courteous and polite young man and an asset to the hotel.
Olive grove ?. Again, a good selection for lunch as the main restaurant is closed in the day. The only downside is a climb up a staircase as its on the first floor and a bit difficult for disabled guests. A lift would be ideal!!
We finished our evenings off in the lobby bar with a few drinks. The inside is non smoking so we were able to relax and watch the entertainment, albeit, through the glass partition.
The highlight of the week is Friday night, Gala night. I have never seen so much food in my life. Everything is there and you find yourselves just walking around gazing at all the choices before you put anything on your plate!! The choices are to numerous to list but one thing that stands out are the cakes. All hand made with cream and fruit, plain cakes, biscuits, sponges, the list goes on! all this with live entertainment and the chefs dancing to round off the evening.
All in all, a very enjoyable stay. The room was cleaned daily, all the staff are very polite and helpful and a massage at the spa is well worth the money. we will go back one day but not in September as it was just to hot. we've been told that October and May is cooler so maybe it will be then.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple