“Very Good”

Ranked #213 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Scotland
“Very Good”
Reviewed 8 December 2007

Whilst reading previous reviews I can understand some comments, as I would not have it as a 5 star hotel, but we were treated very well by all the staff and could not complain about the room or its cleanliness, we had clean sheets and towels daily and the poolside towels were readily available. The pool was tended to everyday and kept clean. The food was ok as well as there was always something you could choose from and the waiters were very polite and kind. We would, and hope to return in the new year, and hopefully see some changes to the lazy river tho as it was in dire need of some attention. I like to think that we are not alone in our views on The Sun, and hopefully we will enjoy a return visit.
The Bravehearts.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — Hotel could have had nicer reception area
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BraveheartWallace

• Arabic first
Meppershall
Reviewed 30 November 2007

This is the worse hotel I have been to in my life. It is a mess the food was terrible. You could not get a drink and was smelly. Do not go to this Hotel. This is the first time I have ever wrote a review but the hotel is so bad I had to stop people ruiening their holiday. Stephen Withey from Luton.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Very Smally
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Withey

Travellers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

Southcoast UK
Reviewed 21 November 2007

If you want.....
1960's style "Butlins" food in the Russian style served in a works canteen.
To expect 5 star all-inclusive to include any resturant or any bar on site. Not that that matters as most are closed.
To drink beer and sprits out of plastic vending machine cups.
Drinks other than Vodka, whisky, brandy, or gin with only sprite or cola as mixers.
At any time be able to get a cup of tea between meal times.
To sleep with the KGB knocking and kicking on everybodies door on their way back from the bar.
Dirty toilets or baths.
An open Boating lake, bowling alley, shops, casino,icecream parlour.
Working fountains, lazy river, undead plants and grass.
and more... (less)

Go to The Sun Hotel......... which is known by the holiday reps as The Shining.

My advice is .....Go Some where else...... but not The Star or The Moon hotels as they are the same place..!

Stayed November 2007
3 Thank stewyinpagham
manchester
Reviewed 28 October 2007

Where do I start....
The Sun is part of 3 hotels all on the same complex. The Moon and the Star are the other two. The Moon isn't even open.
On arrival the foyer / reception area stunk. The hotel has a lazy river running through it which is dirty and stagnant. We were bit by the mosquitos here. The rooms were clean, but after 3 days the sheets and towels had not been changed. No toilet paper either. So I had to find a servant and physicall drag him to my room and show him what i wanted.
Those who went all inclusive got their drinks from the Tika bar outside. This is basically a log cabin. It stunk of stale ale. They got their drinks in little plastic cups, can you belive that. The food was average. The waiters and chefs wore grubby clothes and i don't think hygeine is in their dictionary.
The pool outside was nice. However it blared music out all day so if you wanted a peaceful time forget it. The beach was clean and lovely. However the sun beds were old and a few were broken. One day i waited over an hour for our beach towels. 5 minutes at the Sun means at least an hour. I ended up having an arguement with the management. The staff were helpful but the management were inept. They seemed to disappear when there was any trouble. The majority of the customers all complained. Even though we couldn't speak russian as there were alot of russians there the word "catostrophe" was universal.
I had money stolen from my room. When i complained no body seemed interested. I fought (not literally) with the management and surprise surprise on the last day they caught the culprit who had taken it.
Alot of the customers ended up paying to use the facilities at the adjacent hotels, the Regency Plaza and the Mirabel Beach complex. We actually went to both these hotels. Well I could of cried. It was cheaper than the Sun. The decor was fantastic. The waiters were always there to assist. We spoke to one couple who said there rooms were cleaned everyday. The food was excellent and the bars and entertainment were superb.
The Sun is rated 5 star deluxe. Well it has the look of a 3 star and the service of a 1 star. Fawlty Towers would of been better.
On our last day when we went to settle our bar bill, we were informed that they did not take Visa. A hotel that doen't take Visa well that was the last straw. I ended up going to the Regency to use their ATM.
I could go on and on. Just avoid at all costs.

• Liked — The weather
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank blessedblue
Istanbul
Reviewed 18 October 2007

A taxi driver in Sharm told me that Raouf Hotel is in the top worst 3 hotels in Sharm.
I asked for soap in the room for four times ! Staff is very dirty , meals are absolutely disgusting. Me and my family needed to eat all of our meals outside of hotel.
In the lobby , fly larvaes were in the dirty pool near the place where people eat their meals.
International phone calls are impossible in the hotel.
Swimming pool was very dirty .
The hotel is far away from Bazaar and national parks.
Try to choose another hotel , I bet your choice is better than Raouf.

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank stiffsurgeon
uk
Reviewed 10 October 2007

Just come back from a weeks stay in the sun hotel in egypt and i wish i had listened to some of the people on here. This hotel is shocking, its at the most a 2 star hotel, even the locals laugh at you when you tell them your staying there!!
The staff try really hard to do their best for you but they can only do so much with the tools they have.
i.e bar with no drink!!
The hotel is set up for russian guests so all the entertainment, music is russian, and as for the first 3 days we were the only english at the hotel it was very difficult to commincate with anyone!!
Sharm is a lovely place with fantastic weather but there are so many better hotels!!

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank UkHenny
birmingham england
Reviewed 1 July 2007

We have just returned from a 2 week holiday in thesun hotel and had a splendid time.

The hotel was spotless, room cleaned every day food was superb and all thestaff were so polite and could not do enough for you. I was a little worried because of some of the reviews I had read before going, but as soon as we arrived these fears were put to bed. 2 large
swimming pools and private beach within a 2 minute walk, plenty of night life just a short taxi drive away if you want it in Naama bay.
The owners Mr.Mrs Raouf are very nice people and they also mix with the guest.

We would certainly reccomend this hotel to any person who likes a quality holiday and does not like things to lively. We shall certainly return either in October 07 or May 08

Chris and Eileen Wood

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple