“avoid”
Review of Sun Hotel Raouf

Sun Hotel Raouf
Ranked #213 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 26 February 2010

do not, under any circumstances book this hotel. food terrible, entertainment worse. owners are only interested in making money, not in service.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
7  Thank rupertbear1
There are newer reviews for Sun Hotel Raouf

Reviewed 2 March 2008

I had tried to check on this hotel prior to arriving but didnt realise that it wasnt under 'The Sun Hotel' but was listed under The Raouf , if I had read the prevous comments would not have gone.

I cannot understand that with all the negative comments over a long period the hotel hasnt impoved at all. I could list all of the problems but they would be just the same, the hotel facilities are all closed (inlcuding restaurants and recreational facilities which would have been chargable at the hotel), but most of the staff are excellent and try their utmost in what is a desperate plight.

It is most definitely not 5* all inclusive, the water was either off or came through rusty orange.

Egypt has a wealth of history and the culture must be seen but dont stay here it will spoil your visit.

Stayed: February 2008
5  Thank kent882
Reviewed 11 January 2008

Hotel booked as 5 star. Definitely not. Every thing that is advertised does not exist. New Years eve Gala only british were excluded. We Had all paid our different travel agents. When travel agent said that it was included. Bars and lounge were closed. Everyone sitting in lobby in the evening freezing cold. no entertainment as staff left on mass one evening. No boiling water to make tea. Glass tabler tops filthy.
Food was the same day in day out lunch and dinner. The only fruit was oranges. We were informed by our Rep that YOU TRAVEL had pulled out of the hotel as there were too many people complaining. That says it all.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
7  Thank i1agn
Reviewed 8 December 2007

Whilst reading previous reviews I can understand some comments, as I would not have it as a 5 star hotel, but we were treated very well by all the staff and could not complain about the room or its cleanliness, we had clean sheets and towels daily and the poolside towels were readily available. The pool was tended to everyday and kept clean. The food was ok as well as there was always something you could choose from and the waiters were very polite and kind. We would, and hope to return in the new year, and hopefully see some changes to the lazy river tho as it was in dire need of some attention. I like to think that we are not alone in our views on The Sun, and hopefully we will enjoy a return visit.
The Bravehearts.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BraveheartWallace
Reviewed 30 November 2007

This is the worse hotel I have been to in my life. It is a mess the food was terrible. You could not get a drink and was smelly. Do not go to this Hotel. This is the first time I have ever wrote a review but the hotel is so bad I had to stop people ruiening their holiday. Stephen Withey from Luton.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Withey
Reviewed 21 November 2007

If you want.....
1960's style "Butlins" food in the Russian style served in a works canteen.
To expect 5 star all-inclusive to include any resturant or any bar on site. Not that that matters as most are closed.
To drink beer and sprits out of plastic vending machine cups.
Drinks other than Vodka, whisky, brandy, or gin with only sprite or cola as mixers.
At any time be able to get a cup of tea between meal times.
To sleep with the KGB knocking and kicking on everybodies door on their way back from the bar.
Dirty toilets or baths.
An open Boating lake, bowling alley, shops, casino,icecream parlour.
Working fountains, lazy river, undead plants and grass.
and more... (less)

Go to The Sun Hotel......... which is known by the holiday reps as The Shining.

My advice is .....Go Some where else...... but not The Star or The Moon hotels as they are the same place..!

Stayed: November 2007
3  Thank stewyinpagham
Reviewed 28 October 2007

Where do I start....
The Sun is part of 3 hotels all on the same complex. The Moon and the Star are the other two. The Moon isn't even open.
On arrival the foyer / reception area stunk. The hotel has a lazy river running through it which is dirty and stagnant. We were bit by the mosquitos here. The rooms were clean, but after 3 days the sheets and towels had not been changed. No toilet paper either. So I had to find a servant and physicall drag him to my room and show him what i wanted.
Those who went all inclusive got their drinks from the Tika bar outside. This is basically a log cabin. It stunk of stale ale. They got their drinks in little plastic cups, can you belive that. The food was average. The waiters and chefs wore grubby clothes and i don't think hygeine is in their dictionary.
The pool outside was nice. However it blared music out all day so if you wanted a peaceful time forget it. The beach was clean and lovely. However the sun beds were old and a few were broken. One day i waited over an hour for our beach towels. 5 minutes at the Sun means at least an hour. I ended up having an arguement with the management. The staff were helpful but the management were inept. They seemed to disappear when there was any trouble. The majority of the customers all complained. Even though we couldn't speak russian as there were alot of russians there the word "catostrophe" was universal.
I had money stolen from my room. When i complained no body seemed interested. I fought (not literally) with the management and surprise surprise on the last day they caught the culprit who had taken it.
Alot of the customers ended up paying to use the facilities at the adjacent hotels, the Regency Plaza and the Mirabel Beach complex. We actually went to both these hotels. Well I could of cried. It was cheaper than the Sun. The decor was fantastic. The waiters were always there to assist. We spoke to one couple who said there rooms were cleaned everyday. The food was excellent and the bars and entertainment were superb.
The Sun is rated 5 star deluxe. Well it has the look of a 3 star and the service of a 1 star. Fawlty Towers would of been better.
On our last day when we went to settle our bar bill, we were informed that they did not take Visa. A hotel that doen't take Visa well that was the last straw. I ended up going to the Regency to use their ATM.
I could go on and on. Just avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple