Grand Rotana Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Dessole Nesco Waves(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Sea Magic Resort and Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Dessole Nesco Joyous(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Holiday Inn Park(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
Coral Beach Resort Tiran(Sharm El Sheikh)
2,352 results
All reviewssilk roadsky loungeramses restaurantzen spaanimation teamsea viewnaama bayhuge poolinfinity poolmain restaurantspecial thanksfishbuffet restauranthotels in sharmamazing hotelcoral reefkids club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I dont listen to previous comments. Most people were too drunk to remember where they left their stuff in 1st place. Hotel service was brill. Food was Brill. Staff could not do enough for me.
Would go again and again.
To be honest people were up themselves because they were booked into a 5* hotel. Going there acting like a lady and lord of the manor does no one any favours. Staff aint got to be treated like idiots. People were acting as if they were millionaires or wanted pampering the whole time they were there like the staff were their servants or such likes! Disgraced really.
I was ashamed to say i was british so i lied to the staff and said i was european.
People really need to get a grip and treat the staff on these holidays with respect. They do do a long day and get paid peanuts for there efforts.
I would go back again and again.

Room Tip: Just ask for the best in the house for free. They will always oblige if the best room in the hotel is free.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tila97

Dear Ms. Tila,

Thank you for your kind words. Your comments will be shared with all concerned departments. We hope to have you staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2011

Grand Rotana is definitely to be be recommended for those who want a quiet unstructured holiday with attentive and friendly staff.

The food is consistently good with prices equivalent to UK and cleanliness in bedrooms and public areas is of a high standard.

It was very nice to be up-graded to lovely sea view rooms and our request to be interconnected to our teenage daughter was met. Any small issues were immediately rectified by a phone call to reception (the shower did not work and the safe stopped functioning)

My husband & daughter had a complimentary massage due to our spend in the food outlets.

The large pool was not heated(very cold) but the infinity pool overlooking the sea was - I don't know if this was just the time of year.

We booked a Quad Safari through Sharmania (affiliated with hotel) - it was great fun, very safe and good value for money.

This is our second trip to Grand Rotana - we booked it through a package last year but returned independently this trip. We would definitely return again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
GrandRotana, General Manager at Grand Rotana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear Mrs. Sarah,

Thank you for your kind words, We are extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and be sure that your comments will be passed on to the team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I travel quite a lot; Grand Rotana was one of the best hotels / resorts I've been to, Great location, atmosphere, facilities, and very responsive and friendly staff. I do have some comments about house keeping quality and cleaningness not enough though to be a complain. Hotel manger and Reservation manger were very professional to start with in handling my booking, receptionist expected me and showed his concern because I didn't call for airport transportation (I decided to drive at the last minute) the hotel is just amazing, I was there during Eid holiday, so the hotel was like 100% occupied, it kind of affected the speed of service but they always called back and followed up. The only thing that really bothered me was the mosquitoes, they need to do something about it, I know there is not much to be done about that but still, I couldn't enjoy the balcony after sunset.

Room Tip: Building 1 is very convenient, located at the sea front and close to the pool, higher number are closer to the pool
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Elesseily,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please note that I have also discussed with the Departmental Managers concerned your remarks, and assure you that action will be taken to correct these points. We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

Stayed three nights in November. Friendly service, great restaurants, great room and the snorkelling is great.
Don't miss this opportunity to come when crowds are down

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments will be passed on to the team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel a few days ago on business trip for 3 nights. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

The Good:

Good room with a sea view, clean and spacious
Attentive and friendly staff
Prompt room service
Good onsite restaurants including a bar / grill on the beach with nice food and great atmosphere
Away from the touristy areas (15-20 mins) so quiet
Can smoke pretty much anywhere inside the hotel (although for some it may not be an advantage)
All amenities on site i.e. bank, exchange house, salon, shops etc although everything is overpriced as you can imagine in a hotel of this class

The Not so Good

Internet down for 2 days (service provider fault, not hotel's)
Room cleaning is not very prompt. Some days the room was clean and done by 1 pm and on others they were still cleaning at 4 or 5 when we go to our room

In summary, I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business