This is my second stay in Grand Rotana Sharm, and unfortunately, it was a little bit disappointing this time!
We stayed there for 3 nights, and on our first day we checked in a room that smelled like pesticide, and we tried to overlook it and spent the first night, but we could not bear the second day. So, we requested to be moved to another one, which they accepted promptly, and we packed and then unpacked again! Then, we went for a swim, and when we got back and got inside the room, we found a pool of water inside! We called the Front Desk and asked for the manager on duty, and after 10 minutes, the Front Desk Manager - Mr. Ahmad came in and found the mess. He was very polite and friendly, and was quick to recognize the problem, and graciously offered us an upgrade to a suite and sent us a fruit basket, but still, problems continued! As after we checked in the suite, and took a shower, we found out that the window between the bathroom and the bedroom leeks water to the room and the safe box does not work! They were also quick to fix it once we let them know about it.
Conclusion: the hotel is very nice, with excellent outlets and food, friendly staff, great pools, but it seems that the property is getting old, and considerable maintenance and renovations should take place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the idyllic shores of Sharm El Sheikh, a truly inspiring seaside destination, the 5 star hotel has its own 450 meters stretch of private beach, a stunning pool surrounded by a lush tropical landscape with over 2000 palm trees. Sharm El Sheikh is now one of the world’s most accessible resort destinations for snorkelling and scuba diving. The luxury beachfront resort is 8 Km away from Sharm El Sheikh International airport and 2 minutes from Sharm El Sheikh International congress centre as well as the center of Na'ama bay with easy access to the many tourist attractions of the region. The Resort offers 526 luxurious rooms, suites and Club Rotana Executive rooms and suites in addition to 9 Royal villas with four & five bedrooms with private swimming pools. All luxury hotel guest rooms and suites feature a private balcony or terrace overlooking Tiran Island or the gardens. For dining and entertainment, the resort offers ten restaurants, bars and cafe’s catering to every taste expertly blended with the highly acclaimed award winning Rotana standards. Keep up with your fitness routine while you're away from home. The Bodylines Wellness & Fitness Club at Grand Rotana Resort & Spa Sharm El Sheikh features state-of-the-art fitness equipment and our award-winning Zen the spa at Rotana offers you tranquility and pure relaxation to balance your mind, body and soul. The Camel Dive Club is our 5* PADI centre for diving and Snorkeling within easy reach in the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Prestigia, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Rotana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Rotana Resort And Spa
- Grand Rotana Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Rotana Sharm El Sheikh