Just returned to a wet and windy UK after seven relaxing days at this lovely resort.
We were looking for a good value, good quality holiday. That's exactly what we got.
The resort is a 10 minute taxi ride from the airport. We arrived in the dark and once on site it looked very promising; dozens of palms trees all lit up with attractive lighting.
We had only booked the hotels basic garden view room. On checking in we were given a ground floor room in block 7. I asked to view the room before we accepted it.
We should not have worried. The room was spacious and cool with a nice big bathroom. Through the patio doors at the rear was a nice little veranda with a table and chairs, which looked on to lush gardens, we were not overlooked. We accepted the room without hesitation.
HANDY TIP: There is a small bank inside the hotel near to reception. It is open from 9am - 8.30pm, 7 days a week. The guy running the bank is very helpful, he will swap large denomanation notes for smaller ones with no trouble and no charge. The exchange rate was also good, much better than the best rate I could find at home.
We had booked their Ultra All Inclusive package. This was our 1st all inclusive holiday.
On the UAI package you need to sign a receipt for food and drink except for breakfast time in the Ramses buffet restaurant. This didn't prove to be a problem for us.
The resort is very well laid out with a fabulous, huge lagoon style swimming pool as it's centre piece. We spent every day laid out by the pool basking in the lovely sunshine and taking the occasional swim to cool down. Hotel was quiet, no need to reserve sun beds or restaurant tables - Bliss.
We found all the staff to be pretty good, some better than others, some exceptional. All the restaurants are of a good standard. We spent the majority of our meal times at The Palms grill which was very cool and laid back and also had exceptional views over the Red Sea. You wont see any building sites spoiling your view from this resort!
There is a beach and grassed areas by the sea with plenty of loungers. A set of wide steps lead down from the jetty in to the sea where you can swim with the fish in the beautiful blue water.
The UAI package does not extend to the lobby bar or the C-Lido bar and there are a few items on menus that require an extra charge if you wish to choose them. However there are plenty of lovely items on every menu that are included and there is really no need to pay any extra.
We didn't cane the all inclusive drinks, in fact we mostly stayed on bottled water and cappuccino's from the pool bar during the day.
We liked the Sky Bar for a drink in the evening, it was pretty quiet but very relaxing with lovely views over the pool and out to sea.
This resort was quiet and there was not a lot of evening entertainment, however this was why we choose this resort and it was perfect for us.
Took a taxi to Naama Bay one night, it was exciting and full of life, noise and bright lights, however it was exhausting running the gauntlet down the main drag. We had a great fish platter at a restaurant call Fawanees on the 1st floor of the Namma Shopping centre.
We have been to Egypt before (Luxor) and really enjoyed the fascinating history. This time we just went for the sunshine and to relax. The Grand Rotana Resort was exactly what we were looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the idyllic shores of Sharm El Sheikh, a truly inspiring seaside destination, the 5 star hotel has its own 450 meters stretch of private beach, a stunning pool surrounded by a lush tropical landscape with over 2000 palm trees. Sharm El Sheikh is now one of the world’s most accessible resort destinations for snorkelling and scuba diving. The luxury beachfront resort is 8 Km away from Sharm El Sheikh International airport and 2 minutes from Sharm El Sheikh International congress centre as well as the center of Na'ama bay with easy access to the many tourist attractions of the region. The Resort offers 526 luxurious rooms, suites and Club Rotana Executive rooms and suites in addition to 9 Royal villas with four & five bedrooms with private swimming pools. All luxury hotel guest rooms and suites feature a private balcony or terrace overlooking Tiran Island or the gardens. For dining and entertainment, the resort offers ten restaurants, bars and cafe’s catering to every taste expertly blended with the highly acclaimed award winning Rotana standards. Keep up with your fitness routine while you're away from home. The Bodylines Wellness & Fitness Club at Grand Rotana Resort & Spa Sharm El Sheikh features state-of-the-art fitness equipment and our award-winning Zen the spa at Rotana offers you tranquility and pure relaxation to balance your mind, body and soul. The Camel Dive Club is our 5* PADI centre for diving and Snorkeling within easy reach in the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Splitty, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Expedia, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Rotana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Rotana Resort And Spa
- Grand Rotana Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Rotana Sharm El Sheikh