We stayed at Grand Rotana July 2014. We arrived at night and were met by an illuminated palm tree lined drive up to the hotel entrance. As we arrived after the dinner service we were offered room service if we wanted it. We grabbed a quick drink from the bar and went to our room in Block 7 overlooking the gardens. The room was very clean and spacious enough for me, my wife and 17yr old son. The air conditioning ensured we were kept cool at night and the fridge kept our daily bottle of water cold.
The following morning we saw the hotel in daylight and were not disappointed. The grounds were pristine and we very well kept, with a team of gardeners already hard at work. From the hotel entrance gate, through to the furthest corner of the grounds the gardens were always well presented.
We went to the restaurant for breakfast where there was something to cover every taste. The waiters, and chefs worked very hard to ensure everyone was catered for, nothing was too much trouble. A special mention must go to Ashraf the Restaurant Manager, and Malek, not forgetting the rest of the team for looking after us so well.
We went to the Palms Restaurant at the beach for our Included A La Carte meal, the setting was perfect, and the food was amazing.
The pool is massive and during our stay (July 3rd to July 14th) the most we counted in the pool at any one time was about 20. It did start to fill up on the last couple of days. There was never a shortage of somewhere to sit, eith round the pool or down by the beach. The pool bar run by Armia, with the help of Anwar, Ibrahim and Michael was a sanctuary from the heat, the attention to our needs never ended. As soon as we arrived at the pool a bucket of iced water was brought over to our sunbeds. When we were sat at the bar, the guys were always asking if our drinks needed refilling, and they were meticulous to keep everything tidy and clean.
The jetty on the beach enables you to get out over the coral and explore the reefs. The fish are very friendly and are happy to swim around with you. The sea is crystal clear and warm. You can hire a snorkel/mask & flippers from the dive centre for around £10 a day, so if you're going to do snorkelling a lot, bring your own or you can buy a set there for around £30-£40.
The beach activities, such as parasailing, wake boarding, etc, are run by Sharmania and their main concern is for your safety and enjoyment.
Mahmoud the towel guy was another that made our holiday. He'd put towels out for us every morning and when we came to the pool he would bring extra towels over for us. He loves Liverpool FC, but we didn't hold that against him!
If you're looking for a great hotel, for a relaxing holiday... Look no further the Grand Rotana Resort & Spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the idyllic shores of Sharm El Sheikh, a truly inspiring seaside destination, the 5 star hotel has its own 450 meters stretch of private beach, a stunning pool surrounded by a lush tropical landscape with over 2000 palm trees. Sharm El Sheikh is now one of the world’s most accessible resort destinations for snorkelling and scuba diving. The luxury beachfront resort is 8 Km away from Sharm El Sheikh International airport and 2 minutes from Sharm El Sheikh International congress centre as well as the center of Na'ama bay with easy access to the many tourist attractions of the region. The Resort offers 526 luxurious rooms, suites and Club Rotana Executive rooms and suites in addition to 9 Royal villas with four & five bedrooms with private swimming pools. All luxury hotel guest rooms and suites feature a private balcony or terrace overlooking Tiran Island or the gardens. For dining and entertainment, the resort offers ten restaurants, bars and cafe’s catering to every taste expertly blended with the highly acclaimed award winning Rotana standards. Keep up with your fitness routine while you're away from home. The Bodylines Wellness & Fitness Club at Grand Rotana Resort & Spa Sharm El Sheikh features state-of-the-art fitness equipment and our award-winning Zen the spa at Rotana offers you tranquility and pure relaxation to balance your mind, body and soul. The Camel Dive Club is our 5* PADI centre for diving and Snorkeling within easy reach in the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Rotana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Rotana Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Rotana Resort And Spa
- Grand Rotana Sharm El Sheikh