We returned from the Sierra on Tuesday morning. We stayed for 2 weeks and this is our 2nd visit, we booked it straight after our holiday last year. Suffice to say we would undoubtedly recommend this hotel to anybody who is thinking of holidaying in Sharm. We were a party of 6 adults with a teenager and when we arrived at the Sierra on 25th July, it was like going home. The staff in the hotel recognised us immediatley and the welcome we recieved was lovely. Value for money for us is the most important factor in booking our annual holiday as it is for many families. This hotel and the resort offer this hands down without cutting corners either. The rooms are spacious and well equipped and the setting and grounds are beautiful. The restaurant offers a wide choice of food, some is excellent and some isn't but the hotel caters for many nationalities and this has to be taken into consideration. The pool area is wonderful especially the pool bar. We visited the beach a couple of times using the shuttle bus which is well worth it as the breeze down there is gorgeous and obviously the fish are amazing to watch. Soho square which is directly behind the hotel is good and offers a nice range of shops and restaurants, there were some new ones this year which was nice to see. We dined in the Entrecote steak house on the square one night where Sierra guests receive 35% discount, the steak was to die for and for a starter and a main course it worked out to be approx £17 each. The Queen Vic pub offers fish and chips from 6pm every night and that is approx £3. It's not cod or haddock but it's not a bad attempt. The entertainment in the hotel has improved from last year which indicates that the hotel management have acted on feedback from last year as it was really lacking. The Animation Team were excellent especially Mathew who really puts a spark into everything and is up for a laugh -thanks for dragging me up to do the quiz Matty - I really loved it in the end! Theres something on for the younger children every night too which is nice just before bedtime for them and the parents. We cannot commend the staff in the hotel enough either. They are genuinley helpful and friendly and really funny - especially Louis the bar supervisor/manager who made sure we were happy and taken care of. He is popular with the guests and is upfront and efficient, my type of person. The customer relations are also excellent - Rebecca who is from Birmingham made us feel even more at home and her knowledge of Egypt and Sharm was invaluable when we needed advice and recomendations. All in all we had annother excellent time and were gutted to have to leave. If you are thinking of the Sierra for your holiday then all I can say is book it. The bad reviews on here do not reflect the hotel in my opinion and we experienced nothing but positive while we we there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short drive from Sharm El Sheikh international airport and Na'ama Bay, the Sierra Sharm El Sheikh hotel is the perfect destination for those who want to explore the Red Sea and beyond or alternatively kick back and relax. The Sierra Sharm El Sheikh is superbly located next to Soho Square where you will find a variety of restaurants and bars, ten pin bowling, ice skating rink, the Ice Bar, daily entertainment shows and live bands. This is an exciting destination with enviable all year round temperatures.For more details please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Sierra Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Hotel Egypt