“It can’t be a five stars hotel, will never comeback”

Sierra Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #50 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Cairo
“It can’t be a five stars hotel, will never comeback”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

It was my worst vacation ever… the hotel service became unbearable and they are intending to let you feel unhappy all the time. I will list some facts happened with my family and me to take care if you still intending to go to such Hotel.

1. We reached the hotel early in the morning it was 7:00 AM, they refused to give us the room or using the hotel utilities till 11:30 although the room was available, astonished enough the room was a single room has 3 beds instead of being a family room. I had to upgrade to get a decent family room can accommodate our family fairly.
2. Although the room is a family room and accommodating 4 persons at least, you will have only 2 small water bottles a day, if you asked for more it will be charged!!!
3. In as day while I am trying to get a table for breakfast, the hostess told me that the table is reserved for somebody else, when I am intending to leave the table I saw her telling other guests to come out of their table and get the table I left. When I asked her why she is doing so, she told me because they are foreigners can’t sit on the sun!!! I can’t believe that she told me to leave the table for someone else already had a table and the reason was that I am Egyptian so I can sit in the sun and foreigners can’t… This type of discrimination I never had before in Egypt or abroad.
4. In the last day I had to pay extra change for late checkout, although I was planning to leave the hotel at 10:30PM, they insist to have the room at 9:00PM and the all inclusive mark as well to not be able to use the hotel facility after 9:00PM.

I have to say that every time we had a problem Ahmed Abdel Meguid the resort manager is trying to solve it however the staff is not trained enough how to eliminate problems and mitigate guest frustration.
It worse to mention that the hotel is full of lepers and fly that is extremely annoying.

4 Thank Maged N
Sierra_Sharm, General Manager at Sierra Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 18 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable comments. The hotel management uses all feedback to help in improving the hotel services.

Your reservation is made from 14:00 on the day of arrival until 12:00 on the day of departure. This is as per the international hotel policy which is published clearly through different communication channels. Check the guests in earlier than 12:00 is subject to availability and charge. Same for late check-out which is been offered until 21:00 against charge to keep your room till 21:00 and also your armbands. At your check out at 21:00 the Reception staff will ask you to return the keys of your room and also the armbands and that is when all inclusive services finished your arm band was removed just after 21:00 so Sierra Management feels that you received a fair service.

In regards to the room we present full information about rooms on our official web site. Following your original booking, it was a standard room which you were accommodated in. However, we do offer different options for the guests if they are not pleased.

Concerning water, every day we deliver complimentary two bottles of water to each room. Also, water dispensers are available in all hotel public areas.

Our team members extend same treatment to all the guests regardless their nationality. The restaurant situation has been handled in house by Our Fb manager and he explained the misunderstanding happened with extending his apology.

Our training department carry on a daily basis all trainings needed which guarantees the quality of services.

In regards to the hotel full of flies. The hotel is contracted with a professional pest control company and the hotel is fumigated twice a day and special treatment provided when some challenges raised.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your holiday at the Sierra and wish that you had given us the chance to change your experience.

Best Regards,

Sierra Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

We traveled few times to Sharm but this is the first but not last at the Sierra Hotel. The best of all in Sharm. We arrived tired around lunch time and were delighted by the warm welcome from the staff offering us a welcome drink with a very nice smile. The rooms are large clean and the food is excellent. Staff are very professional and friendly, the team spared no effort to ensure that we are having a pleasant stay.

One day I left the safe open by mistake with all my money and passports in it, when we came back to the hotel I was surprised by a letter from the front desk asking me to call them to get the new code to open the safe. I phoned the reception, in a minute a receptionist with a security person came to the room, opened the safe and nothing was missing there. The Sierra Hotel is a place that you can trust.
I am definitely staying there when I go back to Sharm El Shiekh next year and recommend it to everyone.

4 Thank Rimon T
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I have stayed in sierra numerous times before over the years, and firstly I would like to start by saying how fantastic the expansion of sierra looks new rooms are amazing and new pool, very child friendly hotel.
I stayed this summer and my son hurt his arm on the way out of Manchester to sharm, on arrival very warm greeting! Was nice as staff remembered us, as my son needed hospital treatment hotel arrange free transport from concierge who stayed with us in sharm hospital and translated which as u can imagine was a huge help, after diagnosis that my 6 year old had fractured arm hotel couldn't do enough to help us simply outstanding everyone housekeeping, reception guest relations extremely helpful sark a, Alex, Rebecca all of them don't know what I would of done without them! As I'm a single parent. Food lovely lots of variety entertainment good lots to do, very nice relaxing environment for those who wrote reviews saying "don't go to this hotel" they all had food poisoning, can I just saying been here many times this time travelled with my son and then my nan who is 80! Joined us with other family members and none of us were I'll, what u have to remember is your in Egypt not England , it's 3x the temperature as England, don't have air con on high as this can cause illness or freezing cold drinks common sense when in so hot in
This country!!
Was my sons birthday also and again nothing was too much trouble they made birthday cake and all sang happy birthday truly spectacular. Love the sierra and will be returning for sure met some really lovely people also very safe and secure environment for children definitely the best hotel in sharm for families children love it!!
Make a booking you will love it!!

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Maria S
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

The staff here really go out their way to help you! Which makes the perfect holiday stayed here many times love it! Definitely book your stay and you won't go anywhere else!!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Maria S
J1201
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

This was our Third Stay at the Sierra Hotel. And yet again I have nothing but praise for the staff and the resort.

The new pool is now open and i must say it is a fabulous addition to the hotel, with a lovely atmosphere. The adults only pool at the Spa being our second favorite still providing a lovely child free relaxing space if you require.

Food was as always to a good standard, and the added bonus of using your all inclusive in soho square is still a great advantage. We dinned out again twice while we were there- would highly recommend the 'Hot Rock' restaurant at the sister hotel Savoy if you have the budget, and also the Italian 'Rosmarino'.

My only complaint about the whole holiday is- pubs are really not my thing anyway but the other half insisted on a visit. Food very poor and service also extremely poor- the only lady waitress in there extremely rude, I would advise some further training for her. but other than that no complaints about any other areas.

As others have stated , complained and posted pictures about- yes there are some renovation works taking place but they really are not as bad as made out and hardly intrusive to your holiday. The new pool is now complete and open and most of the surrounding refurbished rooms which are lovely. If you want to be fussy and pick fault then you may be disappointed, but if you are there to have a nice holiday and turn a blind eye and get on with it you will be fine.

Would again highly recommend the spa- had 2 massages and both were heavenly.

Overall I will always recommend this place for a great , sunny, relaxing and fun get away. Hotel is located in the most fabulous location right in shoho square, fantastic staff, great pools, beach..... just a fantastic place.

Well done to all at the sierra and thanks for another great stay!!!!! any other questions feel free to ask.

2 Thank J1201
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

yes it deserve to be written OMG, as I remembered my stay there, it was amazing - the Stuff always smilying and always Helpful, and the Hotel is near to the amazing Soho Square, The days I stayed there will never be forgotten :)

Room Tip: Pool View - in the 2nd Floor
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beshoy W
Kiev
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

It was my first time in Sierra and in Egypt in general. Very lovely and beautiful place! Really like earthly paradise. A lot of different swimming pools surrounded by beautiful flowers. Excellent staff, always attentive to the guests. Very nice and varied cuisine. It takes about 5 minutes walk to the sea. Well equipped and spacious each. Besides, animation team is rather creative, so no time to be bored!

Room Tip: We lived in the building near the children’s swimming pool, first floor. Very nice and comfortable p...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends