“Excellent experience”

Sierra Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #25 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Everyone associated with the hotel were very professional offering friendly and first class service. Certainly an excellent experience. The staff could not do enough for you. Totally relaxing with no hassle at all

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sierra_Sharm, Manager at Sierra Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Within just a few brief sentences you have encapsulated what we do here at the Sierra Resort.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your report and for the recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

There are newer reviews for Sierra Sharm El Sheikh

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Just returned from a 7 day break at the Sierra. I must say it is a lovely hotel. Very clean and the staff are lovely.
We would love to return but unfortunately for us the downside was the food. Very repetitive and not many things that I in particular wanted to eat. I was vegetarian for a whole week and I usually really enjoy my meat and fish.
This is a shame as it spoiled the overall experience as lovely meals should be part of a really enjoyable holiday experience.
What a shame we won'te be back as it would have been lovely to see you all again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sierra_Sharm, Manager at Sierra Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Guest,
It’s regrettable to hear that you were disappointed with the food. We would like to confirm that we spend a lot of time and effort in selecting menus and dishes to cater for more than 700 guests at a time from more than ten different countries and food cultures. We buy only the best quality local and international raw materials and transport them, store them, prepare, cook and serve them all to the highest of hygiene standards. If you had mentioned your favorite dishes to our chefs, they would have been glad to create something for you. Please note also that our all-inclusive program extends into Soho Square so that our guests have the pleasure of dining in Akuna Matata and Café Chino too. Your food complaint could have been settled very quickly by a call to Reception or Guest Relations. There is plenty of meat and fish available from the numerous outlets within your all-inclusive basis so it’s difficult to understand the issue.
What a shame you won’t be back.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We travelled here on 27th of August , driving from Cairo with my little family , the way from Cairo to Sharm was very save , once we arrived to the hotel great welcome from the reception team , and check in process has been finished in a few minutes , Armea from fort desk was very helpful, smiling and friendly, our room was ready as requested , very nice furniture and A/C, the room was very comfortable, and a nice amenity for us and our little kid was nicely arranged , easily we could get the staff attention everywhere , they were very attentive and helpful specially the main pool staff , the food corner chef , and restaurant staff , they pay allot of attention to our kid, food was fine , with allot of varieties chefs were very professional , we did not need to go anywhere as Soho square was enough for entertainment, every day new show and program, I can say that Sharm el Shiekh and specially Soho square and Sierra Hotel is the best place to have the vacation , best place to have fun , best place to be save with my family , I will return back very soon with my family and friends in Feast vacation

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

It is of immense satisfaction to us when we receive such a glowing review from our guests. We read with great delight that our team welcomed you after your long drive from Cairo and made your stay so enjoyable - they do work exceptionally hard but they are very well-trained and they enjoy their jobs at the Sierra, so we are very fortunate.

We are delighted to know that you may be returning and we hope that you will tell all your friends and family how safe it is here in beautiful, calm Sharm El Sheikh. On behalf of the entire team at Sierra, it has been our pleasure to host you and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Travelled here on 18th sept. I was a bit apprehensive about coming here as I have been to Egypt before and left not wanting to return as I got too much hassle.

However, my 2 friends wanted to come to Egypt and we settled on this hotel.

Am I glad that we did. Out of all of the places I have been too I have never liked a place so much that I would want to return. This is the nicest, most relaxing hotel I have ever stayed at.

The staff are nice and welcoming, from the gardeners to the receptionists. It's was never a problem for them to ask you how you are etc.

I have to say a huge thanks to Ehab for all the drinks he got us. It was never any trouble whether it was round the pool or in the lobby bar.

The hotel is nice and clean, with new towels etc given everyday. We stayed in room 1516 which we found to be very comfortable. The balcony overlooked the chess board and could see the main pool from our room.

The food was good, although I wish I wasn't so fussy so that I had more choice. For people who aren't there was plenty to choose from. And if you did get tired of the hotel restaurant there was plenty of other choices you could make. Whether it was at cafe chino or akuna matata where your AI is also included or at any of the restaurants that offered a discount.

The only bad thing I do have to say is about the Aziz the lifeguard. I'm sure he is good at his job, however he made my friend feel so uncomfortable with his ways. Blocking her way so she couldn't get to where she was going, then for her to sidestep to go round him, for him to block her way again. Quite intimidating behaviour. Not everyone likes to have this kind of behaviour.

Overall the holiday was amazing and I would recommend the hotel to anyone that asks me where to go. I would definitely return here and hope to do so in the near future.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cherrielou

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We are proud to learn that we provided you with a top quality holiday at a very competitive price.

The staff will be so happy to have their names mentioned as they will get points towards prizes but we know that they are delighted to know that the guests remember their names. It really means a lot to them.

However, we do apologize for the silly behavior of one of our staff. He was trying to be friendly, fun and joking but clearly went a little too far and caused some discomfort as you described. Please be assured that we have spoken to him and advised him that his behaviour should be of an exemplary nature at all times. We shall continue to monitor.

We hope to see you back here soon so that we can give you, once more, the best of the Sierra.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

It is sad to say that our vacation turned out to be a big disappointment. We just came back from Sierra on a 3-night stay for our 4th anniversary. I just couldn't describe it more than a disappointment.

First, we didn't get the room that we booked. We booked a pool view, 2nd level room. Instead we got a ground floor, "garden view" room which looked upon the mini golf course. We cannot deny the room was good (one of the new refurnished rooms) with an LCD and a spacious bathroom. The bed was clean and the room was made daily supplied by fresh towels.

Second, the food was not that good. There were no varieties for food. There were no themes for each day. The dishes didn't even match up! I mean how can you serve Calamari for a lunch and 2 dinners in a row?! No change in salad or dessert bar which just made it so boring after the first 2 meals.

Third, the animation team are so lame! Same events each day. No creativity what so ever. In the morning its Aqua Gym, Water Volley Ball, and Darts. In the afternoon, after lunch time, its water volley ball (again!) and yoga. Night life is boring at the resort if it wasn't for Soho Square, which also wasn't that much of entertainment except for the 1st night. The 2nd day it was too crowded with people which made us feel as if we're in a market place.

Fourth, the beach is nowhere near the hotel. You need to take a shuttle bus to get to the beach and have to wait for it for ages to come (whether going to the beach or coming back from the beach)

We go on trips each year to celebrate our anniversary. Each year our choice of hotel would change our mood and get us cut off the boring routine of work however this year it was very unpleasant. For all the hotels we've stayed in, we would recommend a 2nd visit but this time, I won't be going back there again neither would I recommend.

1  Thank IslamMashaal

Dear Guest,

On behalf of everyone at the Sierra, we would first like to congratulate you on your 4th wedding anniversary and wish you many more happy years together. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for giving us the opportunity to respond. There are several points that we need to clarify.

Your booking was direct with the hotel and can confirm that your booking was for a Garden View room. This is our entry level room and you could have upgraded to a Pool View room if you had so requested.

Every night is a themed night. Information boards dotted around Reception and by the buffet restaurant inform you of the coming week’s themes. We are sorry that you missed them, but they are quite prominent. The salad bar has a comprehensive range of salad items and the only way to change it would be to remove one of the items. Desserts are fresh every day and include fresh fruit and a variety of cakes and other sweet items. Calamari was not served for three consecutive meals. We cater for many different nationalities so there is a good variety of food on offer at every mealtime. You can also enjoy lunch or dinner in several outlets in Soho Square.

As for animation, we have seven other pools to choose from. This animation is popular with many of our clients and we offer a lot of choice ,there are plenty of places to go within the resort. Sierra and Soho Square work together to offer nightlife to our guests. In the Sierra there is the Roof Bar and the Lobby Bar with entertainment every night. In Soho there is the centre stage, the Crystal Lounge, the Dancing Fountain and a number of pianists, flautists and guitarists playing in the restaurants and bars. The shopkeepers in the hundred or so shops do not hassle you. This is not Naama Bay. This is a sophisticated pedestrianised nightlife area – calm, safe and secure. There is a lot to do in Soho.

There is a shuttle bus to the beach every half hour or you can walk there (it’s downhill) in 5-10 minutes. You can check the times of the shuttle buses so you can time your departure from the hotel or the beach to coincide with the bus. There is no reason to wait.

One of the main reasons for guest dissatisfaction in a hotel is unreasonable expectation. We advice to have look at this forum for reviews about the Sierra and Soho Square. Perhaps this was not the hotel for you. May we suggest to look at our sister hotel, the Savoy for your fifth anniversary. It is on the beach, there is no animation as it is a quiet sophisticated hotel. The food is outstanding by anybody’s standards and we can assure you of a Pool View room. However, it will not be offered at the same price as the Sierra.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My partner & I have just returned from 14 nights in the Sierra and would look at returning back again next year.
The welcome on our arrival was warn & friendly although it was disappointing to find that we were too late to have something to eat from the restaurant as it had just closed. Having asked for a first floor room we were advised that a ground floor had been allocated as they felt it was a better standard of room; we were given the opportunity of looking at both before making a decision on which room to have and I must say that they were right the ground floor room was much better.
The hotel has 7 pools to choose from one of which is salt water, one dedicated to children and one dedicated to volley ball; this I felt was very good as it was then my choice if I got disturbed by water games or children. We spent our time round the pool nearest our room and the attendance of Mina & Joseph was exemplary.
The grounds are pleasant and are continually maintained by a number of ground staff, I met Hany on my customary first day walk round and he made me feel very welcome offering to point anything out to me or show me where anything was; every morning Hany greated my partner & I by name.
The restaurant offered a good choice of food on a 7 day rota basis and our favourite section was the soup which became a staple part of the evening meal. Mustaffa was very punctual when serving / delivering drinks with our evening meal; usually they arrived before we had made the first look round on what was on offer.
As usual we both took our gym kit and while I made use of the modern gym facilities my partner would go running. We both agreed that next time we would make better use of the vouchers that had been given to us.
Even though we had the use of the section of the beach in the Savoy we chose to spend our time by the pool in the Sierra.
There was a wide variety of places where we were able to have a drink as part of our all inclusive package; Crystal Lounge & Queen Vic in Soho Square as well as the bars in the hotel itself.

Would we come back again - yes
Would we recommend the hotel to others - yes

Room Tip: Contact the hotel before you go; those rooms which start with a 3 are slightly away from the main po...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sierra_Sharm, Manager at Sierra Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sierra Resort for your recent holiday and for your very positive feedback. We always like to hear that our hotel lived up to expectations. Thank you also for the vote of confidence and the recommendation. It means a lot to the staff that you have mentioned some names for good service.

It is unfortunate that your late arrival precluded you from enjoying the evening meal at the Sierra. However, we are lucky enough to have Soho Square on our doorstep where you can find Café Chino and Akuna Matata open till late as alternative dinner options within your all-Inclusive package.. Our Reception team would have suggested this option to you on arrival. Perhaps, after a long flight, the bed just looked too attractive an option.

We would also like to inform you that we do, in fact, have eight pools at the Sierra, so we hope you will come back to find the one you missed!.

We all look forward to welcoming you back for another “wonderful holiday” at the Sierra Resort.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I spent 4 days in sierra from 26/9 till 30/9 .. really it was amazing .. amazing hotel , amazing service , amazing meals , amazing beach , amazing animation team , amazing soho square .. really it was the best and will always my 1st choice in sharm el sheikh .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Sierra_Sharm, Manager at Sierra Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the facilities and service during their vacation and that you plan to return at some stage in the future.

Once again, we thank you very much for your report and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Sierra Resort.

Yours sincerely,