We stayed at the Sierra from the 19th September for 11 nights. I emailed the hotel in advance for a refurbished room and my request was met. From check in the hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. (Peter)
We were in block 3C which overlooked the gardens and was a very quiet block. - I would def recommend this block.
We spent most of our time at the pool nearest to this block and in fact only ventured into the other 'big' pool once. We were very settled there with Mina (pool bar attendant) serving our every needs. He is a massive asset to the hotel and we will be returning just to see Mina!!
Our poor attendant also made us feel welcome and put our towels out in the same place each day!
The staff are paid very poorly and welcome tips but work very hard for these (however small)
The food in the main restaurant is pretty much the same each day and we only ate here on the first two nights. We then discovered Cafe Chino (kebab type restaurant) and the Akuna Matata. There is so much choice here and all is cooked fresh to order. (some portions are a little too large also!)
We didn't really drink in the hotel of an evening either as the Queen Vic and Crystal Lounge were perfect places to sit back and watch the entertainment. Staff in the Crystal Lounge in particular were very attentive (the nuts and crisps were a bonus too!)
We had one drink at the Fontana bar but found staff to be less willing to serve the AI guests so didn't re-visit.
All of the above eating and drinking places are part of the AI and are a massive bonus for this hotel.
You can also eat in the Steak house Indian, Chinese and other restaurants with a 35% discount. We ate in the steak house which was very nice but a little expensive. The Indian (Bombay) was probably the nicest indian I have ever had. It was very cheap but the gentlemen have to wear trousers. (remember to pack some trousers because it's worth it!)
The gardeners are all so friendly and always have a smile for you. They were working in 40 degree heat and just carried on making the gardens look pretty.
To sum up - We had a great time and will definately be returning to this hotel. You can't beat the weather in Sharm and the service is second to none.
See you in a couple of years Sierra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short drive from Sharm El Sheikh international airport and Na'ama Bay, the Sierra Sharm El Sheikh hotel is the perfect destination for those who want to explore the Red Sea and beyond or alternatively kick back and relax. The Sierra Sharm El Sheikh is superbly located next to Soho Square where you will find a variety of restaurants and bars, ten pin bowling, ice skating rink, the Ice Bar, daily entertainment shows and live bands. This is an exciting destination with enviable all year round temperatures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sierra Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Hotel Egypt