“Lovely location lovely staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sierra Sharm El Sheikh

Sierra Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #50 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely location lovely staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely holiday spoilt only by the vast number of local Egyptians and Arabs visiting the hotel at the end of Ramadan who seemed to want to eat all of the food in main restaurant and were very rude. The food in the main restaurant was not up to the standard of previous visits no carvery or pasta station. The staff at hotel very friendly must give a special mention to Ramadan the life guard couldn't do enough for you and emad and bob the barmen who vere so hard working. I was in room 3418 and my room cleaner was brilliant and guest relations were as helpful as ever can't wait to return in September

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Pamela B
Sierra_Sharm, Manager at Sierra Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay, also for praising our staff in your review;

We will continue with full power and motivation to strive for excellence - hopefully, you will notice a difference during your next stay in September;

We will be looking forward for your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I had a the worst vacation ever with this unclean, unfriendly, worst / UN-polite management for the following resons :
1- The food are the same in lunch and dinner,
2- The fruits are unclean,
3- I got depressed from the servicing team are always sad giving you the impression they don't want to serve,
4- There was maintenance& paintings in the rooms infornt of my room which caused complications to my son's lungs
However, I had made many complains through the reciption with no help!!!!!
In my check out day, I wrote a full written complain and requested to meet the G.M. which the guest relation employee told me he is in a meeting and will not be able to meet anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then the guest relation employee told me I could meet his dupty.
When I meet him, and told him all the abive mentioned complains.
The answer was extremely rode and UN polite as I am not saying the truth and the hotel did not have any restructure or paintings which also reflected the poor and mis management of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank SamWilly
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel has pretty much everything you need. The staff are it's biggest asset because they can't do enough for you, especially 'Bob' at the Sunset Pool Bar who my partner and I have made good friends with. The hotel is right in front of Soho Square and was a popular location for most guests to visit in the evenings. The staff tell you not to buy at the shops there as they are very expensive, but we mostly went for drinks in The Queen Vic Pub. The rooms were always very clean, bathrooms and the bedding (although the shower could have been a little more clean for a 5 star hotel - but that might just be me being picky). The only real let down is the food, it's not vary varied and there is not a lot of choice. The hotel has an agreement with a place called Akuna Matata which is located in Soho Square where you can eat and drink under the all inclusive package at the hotel. We went here a couple of nights and the food is slightly better but it is quite an odd place as it's like a food court that we would have in a shopping centre and you can choose from whichever food counter you would like (although there only ever seems to be one man that you can order from with a tablet device and he wanders off a lot so sometimes it took a little while to order). We did eat in the Indian Restaurant instead for one night (Soho Sqaure) which was fab food and at a great price. We used the snack bar for eating lunch during the day rather than the restaurant so I can't really comment on what was available. If we were to go back, I would still choose the all inclusive option but probably in the evenings eat out more.

Room Tip: We stayed in 3416 with a garden view and loved it, if we went back we would request this room again.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank KMarieA
Dear Guest,

Please let us take the opportunity to thank you for sharing your review about your recent great holiday;

We are delighted to read your comment about our staff members, we put a lot of effort on them to maintain the highest standard of service;

regarding your comment about the food, we would like to mention that we have varied theme nights for the evening meals and had there still been nothing you found interesting there are two restaurants in Soho square (Cafe chino and Akuna matata) which are included in the all inclusive package;

Thank you for rewarding our people, the entire Sierra team looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Our 4th visit to Egypt and our 1st stay at this hotel. Three generations of the same family consisting of myself, my daughter and her daughter, my grandchild. We try to get away together once a year, although now my granddaughter is 18 it may well be just the 2 of us in future. The temperature was well in the 40s for the 10 days of our stay but we knew it would be hot and as it is a dry heat we are never unduly bothered by it.

The main attraction for us booking at the Sierra was due to it's location near Soho Square, and it couldn't have been any closer. We have a first floor room on the top floor in Link 3 and it must be one of the best, if not the best, for location. We were directly overlooking the main pool and coming out of the block (which aren't that large as some hotels are) one way took us to the pool and a few yards the other way took us directly into Soho Square. The rooms are of average size and fit for purpose, although I must say the balconies were so small they didn't encourage us to use them for longer than necessary. The resort and gardens are very well cared for and there were enough sun beds for our little group, although it became more difficult to find one in the last 2 days when the local Egyptians appeared and seemed to take over the whole resort. This coincided with the pool being temporarily closed down for long periods of time on those last 2 days. We were unofficially advised this was due to young children soiling in the water but, inconvenient as this was, I think it reflects positively on the management that they took the necessary action required to maintain the necessary standards. It has to be said that the pool area and gardens are beautifully maintained. As for the pool waiter, Ehab, what a treasure he is. Only one of our group had to appear at the pool and within minutes our preferred soft drinks were produced as if by magic. He spends his days here, there and everywhere around the pool and working away in the pool bar, always with a smile on his face and nothing is too much trouble. His work rate is phenomenal and yet he never flags and remembers everybody and what they drink. Absolutely amazing. All of the pool bar were excellent but Ehab is very special indeed.

The food, well I always say that you don't travel to Egypt for the food and, therefore, my expectations aren't that high. The fare in the main restaurant isn't that great to be honest, the main problem being that it is rarely more than luke warm and I like my food to be hot. However, the eggs & omelettes on offer in the morning were fine and we didn't have to wait too long. Strangely enough, the chips are usually good and mostly hot so I did tend to fall back on them and the crusty bread at lunch times. In the evenings we tended to go to Soho Square to eat and for somebody who usually isn't into Fast Food I rather enjoyed some of the Hakuna Mutata's offerings, especially their Mexican dishes. The ambience was rather lacking but the food was usually piping hot.

The hotel, as mentioned previously, was very much overtaken by what I assume were local Egyptians and their rather large families in the last 2 days, and we found that the queues for food and seating in the morning and at lunch time in the main restaurant impossible. I felt rather sorry for the poor staff who were trying and failing in an attempt to provide reasonable service. The hard pressed omelette chef still managed to maintain the occasional smile, bless him. Surely management should have at least attempted to make some organisation out of the chaos?

On the last day, a matter of hours prior to our flight home, we gave up trying to obtain a decent lunch and decided once more that we would have to resort to chip butties at the pool. Unfortunately, on the way back to the pool with some chips my daughter slipped and fell on the non-slip tiled steps which were all around the pool and most of Soho Square. I had slipped badly once myself in Soho and took rather a nasty fall, which at my age could have been disastrous. While I was sat on a dwarf wall recovering, I noticed 3 other persons slipping and after that, I always tended to hesitate when faced with steps and made use of the ramps beside each set of steps. My daughter, being younger than me, had continued to use the steps out of habit I suppose. The long and short of it is, that she couldn't get up and a passing holidaymaker called the doctor. This male, presumably a local on holiday with his family, took charge and I will always be grateful for his help. His wife was comforting my daughter, a complete stranger, as if she was her own and they were both incredibly helpful and my daughter said she will never forget them; when a tear rolled down her cheek she brushed it away and kept telling her she would be ok. I so wish I could personally thank them both. The hotel staff at this stage were more concerned as to whether we were aware that we would have to pay the Dr, as if that was a problem. The Dr I found to be rather brusque but professional I guess, checked she could move her fingers and toes (obviously, that was what was worrying me the most) and we did all manage to get her to her feet. He wanted her to go to hospital but she declined as she knew her partner would take her when she got off the flight. The hotel kindly offered to give us a room until the time to depart for the airport but it was just after that that 2 incidents happened that left a particularly bad impression. One kind member of staff was accompanying my daughter to the room when we were reminded, very rudely, that we hadn't settled the Dr's bill (which we hadn't seen sight of by that stage) which was totally and utterly unnecessary. We had no intentions of fleeing without settling first, couldn't we have got her to the room first? NO, it seems. Another caring hotel employee had accompanied my granddaughter to the pool to get our belongings and said he would sort the towels out etc and not to worry. Once back in the hotel and retrieving some articles from our main cases which had been placed in a room near reception, which they supply for late flight departures, my granddaughter and I were accosted verbally by one of the rudest and most aggressive of persons due to us not being able to produce our towel cards. Towel cards? My granddaughter, now all of 18 and visibly shaken and upset by what had happened to her mother, put her own customer services training to good use and told me to take the things to her mother and she would deal with it. He was still acting aggressively and saying we could not leave until he had the cards or quoting some absurd sum if we didn't hand them to him. I approached the Guest Relatiions desk and just as I did they told me they were aware of what was happening and it had been sorted. So, beware everybody of the slippery steps around the hotel and Soho Square but even more so, but even more importantly keep a good close eye on those towel cards

The journey home was a nightmare as the morphine tablets, supplied by the Dr, didn't quite do the trick. The airline (Monarch) and their staff did the best they could and we were able to pay the difference to get seats with more leg room. Apart from the initial screaming when she fell she has not once cried or complained about the pain but I knew from the massive bruising she must have been in absolute agony. Lisa was taken to hospital when we touched down (it is fortunate we live in the Gatwick area) and she had fractured her lower spine and is still in the utmost pain, how she managed to walk around the hotel after the event is beyond me. However, it will heal and one day she will be able to return to work and we will never forget all the kind people who helped us, especially the local gentleman and his wife, and that one member of staff who attempted to make a bad situation worse. I think people will understand why we would not dream of ever returning to the Sierra or Soho Square.

Room Tip: The hotel is not too spread out, neither is it cramped, so all accommodation blocks are within easy...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sandy R
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Not clean hotel wz a very bad food and unfriendly staff.
they were painting rooms during our existence.
Management failed to solve any of the existing deficiencies.
They were In polite and irresponsible.
My advice to u is not to reserve in that hotel or u will spend a horrible holiday.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
4 Thank Engy84
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I spent a lot of this holiday either very sick or crying.

I got a terrible case of food poisoning which stayed with me for 10 days. The staff were so unhelpful and rude that it was hard to approach anybody. I felt in edge and nervous for the whole ten days . It's filthy. It's over crowded. It's dated and dire.

Stayed July 2014
11 Thank 171Bobbyf
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was our 6th visit to Egypt but first time to the Sierra and we will definitely be back to this
fantastic hotel. All of the staff could not do enough for us but I must single out Maryna and Hany
at guest relations who are the nicest people you could meet and it was a pleasure to spend time with them, also Mahmoud who looked after our room 6510 he ensured that we had everything we needed in the room and that it was cleaned to a very high standard.I must also mention Bob at the sunset pool bar and Sobhy and the guys at the lobby bar who ensured that we never went without a drink.The Sierra is in a great location adjacent to Soho Square and you can eat and drink in some of the bars and restaurants in the Square as part of your All Inclusive package.
We really enjoyed this holiday and highly recommend the Sierra hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to receive your comments regarding the service and hospitality provided by our team members;

we appreciate the time you took to reflect on your experience with Sierra Resort; We hope that you will consider Sierra Resort in the future for your next holiday;

thanks for recommending us, and please accept our sincere regards.