“Tired”

Ranked #129 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Chester, United Kingdom
“Tired”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed for a week 26/4/14-3/514, quiet hotel, no entertainment , apartments 333 was gd size and had a large roof terrace which overlooked the garden one side but a tip the other side! Bathroom was very poor, rusty and flooded the bathroom whenever you had a shower. Pools were nice and the grounds were nice and looked after. The food was okay, although not much variety. The staff were good, very friendly. Issue we had was that we never got here till 11.50 pm on our first night, as we were not leaving till early evening the following week we asked if we could have our room for a few more hours so that my 71 yr old Mother could have a sleep before travelling home, the manager said that we could for 40 euros, I could understand this if somebody else was going in our room but we had already been told that it was vacant, and as the hotel was only 40% occupied surely we could if had our room for three more hours!!!! So we paid for 7 nights all inclusive and got 6 nights! We wouldn't go back and would not recommend this hotel. But we did have a great couple of days in the spa, and plenty of gd days out!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mexicana_11, General Manager at Mexicana Sharm Resort, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Warmest greetings from Mexicana Sharm Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Thank you for your comments and invaluable critique of your recent stay with us. We value all of our guests and their comments and take on board all relevant items that can help us move forward the quality of our service delivery.
We apologize for what happened to you during your staying in our hotel, and we are doing the appropriate investigations to understand better as we are surprised that nobody has been informed of your difficulties and problems.
Please accept again my apologizes and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to our hotel, at which time I hope to speak with you personally to ensure your holiday with us will exceed all your expectations.
Sincerely
Mail: sharmareamanager@mexicanasharm-resort.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

My first review on here as I felt the reviews that have been left recently were unfair!!

Arrived back yesterday from the resort and it's lovely and quiet in the day but at night there is no entertainment on so as a young couple we were forced to go out a lot as we got bored soho square is amazing loved going so not complaining you don't get hassled like you do in Nama bay we had a lovely curry down there with a lovely couple we met and the Ice bar is a must see small but a once in a life time experience as there are only 3 in the world!! Russians were very annoying in the hotel shouting and being very rude pushing in but this is not the hotels fault which I think some people seem to forget when moaning about the resort!!!
The food wasn't great it was very repetitive and boring we had McDonald's delivered a few times but then again I am very fussy when it comes to food so can't comment I think they need to put more chips on at dinner and tea as more people would be happy and add a child's option as there weren't much for the kids to do or eat the breakfast was lovely though had no issues with that however I do wonder who would have potatoes for breakfast but maybe that's just me???
Only thing I was unhappy about in general was that we arrived at 11.20pm and was not offered food or drink as they stop serving at 11 then to top things off put balcony door was broke and had to wait 40 minutes for it to be fixed after a full day of travelling we weren't very happy as was tired hungry and thirsty and with it being a ground floor we didn't dare leave the room with our stuff in there...
There was one night they had a belly dancer on and a very good one at that again this was not advertised and not many people turned up..
All in all we had a lovely holiday was very relaxed I know I've put a lot of negatives in the post but I'm just being picky and advising what needs doing
I had so many worries when I saw all of the reviews but seriously the hotel is lovely and the staff are nice when they want to be (tip for extra service)
The spa is also lovely I had a facial and massage it's really nice I would say I won't return to Mexicana due to the food and entertainment issues but if this was resolved I would defo reconsider

• Stayed May 2014
Mexicana_11, General Manager at Mexicana Sharm Resort, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greetings from the sunny Mexicana Sharm Resort.

Thank you very much for your wonderful summary about your recent vacation at our Mexicana Resort and we are very pleased that we could provide you with a great holiday.

We are looking forward to your next stay with us and welcoming you back soon.

Kindly accept our warmest regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

stayed here for 11 nights from the 27th april till 8th may the staff were excellent.This was our first time in Egypt and we loved it.The hotel is very relaxing.The down side is there is now activities for kids to do during the day and the adults as well also not much entertainment on at night and not advertised anywhere would like to see different games during the day and night like bingo,darts waterpolo and different shows on at night and also a mini club for kids.This would make this hotel excellent.the staff and cathy were excellent and really made us feel at home we will be back next year for my 40th birthday see you soon

Room Tip: get a room by big pool its also nearer to restaurant
2 Thank postiepete2014
Mexicana_11, General Manager at Mexicana Sharm Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to cordially thank you for your very positive summary referring to your recent stay at the Mexicana Sharm Resort.

We are glad that our resort’s facilities and services were satisfying and you enjoyed your stay. The team will be delighted you have recognized their great efforts.

Once again, we thank you for your recommendation. Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

we stayed at this hotel for a week at the end of april 2014 and would fully recommend it to other travellers.
I am registered blind and contacted the hotel via email before my arrival avout accessivility requirements and have to say they could not of been more accommodating or helpful, and for that i say a very big thankyou.
this is a small and friendly hotel with staff that are second to none, nothing was too much trouble and you cannot beat laying on your sunbed around the pool and the barman noticing when your glass is empty and automatically bringing you the next thankyou mohamad at the small pool, you were a gem.
the hotel has two pools one with swimup bar known as the large pool and looked very nice, although we remained around the smaller pool with its personal touches where our towels were laid on our beds every morning waiting for us.
there is not a lot of entertainment here, i think a karoke one night is all we heard, but was told a cab to nama bay was very cheap and a short distance away, where you could party all night if you desired. we were fortunate to meet two other couples whilst there pete and chris, mark and Jay and their children blu and vito and must say that they made our holiday what it was perfect.
there are people there that moan about the smallest of things and to those people i say thnk how much your stay cost and if you want more then pay the proce and go 5 star.
the only complaint i feel i have to mention is the food, there really was not much choice and feel this could be addressed by management although we did find something to eat i must say we did struggle, but on the plus side a short walk away was plenty of restaurants including mcdonalds and kfc if you wanted other variety.
I must put a big shout out to tina, bikinis have arrived so thanks for the fashion parade of them, and of course to lara you amused me so much so thanks ladies for also making our holiday enjoyable.
If you are looking for a cheap getaway in jthe sun then i would fully recommend this hotel, go and enjoy.
Lorraine

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mexicana_11, General Manager at Mexicana Sharm Resort, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your kind review and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the MexicanaSharm Resort. Thanks for choosing to stay here and we anxiously await your return! Please contact us if we can be of any help for you, your family or friends.

Regards
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My parter and I stayed at the Mexicana Sharm Resort about a year ago now and I have been meaning to write my review since but am only just getting round to it so here goes!

Firstly..If you have booked this hotel pay no attention to the negative reviews as when I booked I had many sleepless nights before our holiday worrying about them! Firstly I would agree with other comments such as 'it's what you make it' and 'you get what you pay for'. If you want five star then book five star and pay the five star price! Egypt is a lovely location, the people are so friendly and there is so much to do! It has gorgeous beaches to snorkle, excursions such as quad biking in the desert, a boat trip to Tiran Island where you can see dolphins and so many other places to explore. Egypt alone is one of my favourite holiday destinations and I will definately be returning once again!

The Mexicana is approx 15-20 mins from the airport which I think is another positive. The pool is lovely and big enough that you can always get sunbeds and never really feel the pool is too busy. It has a swim up pool bar and is surrounded by lovely, well maintained grounds. Our room was cleaned daily and we usually had some kind of towl decoration on the bed left by the cleaner which was a lovely touch!

There is entertainment a few nights a week in a bar above reception which is inside and air conditioned. There are also a few good shops either side of the hotel selling everything you really need and friendly staff outside at all times who will get you a taxi and negotiate the price for you. There is also a spa at the hotel which you do have to pay extra for but I had a massage which was good.

Now...the food! I found something to eat every day in the main resturant at breakfast lunch and dinner and it was always fresh and good quality. There is a fresh pasta station and an egg station every morning cooking ommelettes and fried eggs, there is fruit, salad, cereal, pastries, normally a few different meat options at dinner but if you want chips with every meal then you might be disappointed. There are also no snacks or anything availible during the day. You can order food at the pool bar which was lovely but you do have to pay extra. I however found that the resturant was open for long periods so I never found this an issue.

One thing I would recommend is the McDonalds! We went out one night and got back too late for dinner so got a McDonalds delivered to the hotel and it was the best I have ever had!

It did sometimes take a long time to get a drink at the bar but again, I think people need to remember that it is a small hotel and its cheap and cheerful. I think I am have relitively high standards and I had a great time and would not hesitate to return for a cheap week away!

We did see other people moaning whilst we were there but I think people need to go here with a realistic view. If you want more then you should consider going elsewhere and paying more for it but I found our holiday (we paid about £850 for the two of us for 1 x week all inclusive) to be great value for money :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sophie_UK87
Mexicana_11, General Manager at Mexicana Sharm Resort, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you kindly for your warm review. It certainly was our pleasure to have you here in our resort.
Awaiting your return so that you may once again relax at the Mexicana Resort. Please contact us any time for assistance in booking your next vacation as it will be our pleasure to meet you again,

Regards
harrogate
Reviewed 7 May 2014

6th time back and what has changed
Very little
the grounds are lovely and the rooms are huge(looking dated) so what.
biggest change is the small details,never any glasses at the bar(plastic)
beer is always warm and never any ice
bad management in the restraunt(excuse spelling) always running out of cups plates,butter etc
dirty tables and floors
food is a bit boring but you won't starve
at the end of the day what do you expect for your money
sharm is up a creek with no paddle
bad publicity means nobody is going ie 30% full. these people live on a pittance,they try damn hard and most go out of their way to please you
yes you will get conned if you are not carefull so what
if people don,t start going back soon the place will just close down
as a solo traveller this hotel suits me fine but not for kids as there is nothing for them to do
so on a final note don't expect 4 star treatment but i will be back in november
thanks to Gooda,mohhamed X3 and Achmed

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Yours sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

we went back to mexicana because we went three years ago and had the most fantastic holiday.we were looking for somewhere in egypt so we thought give it a go you know you should never go back to same hotel.Well the grounds are in fine condition the staff were very good could not do enough to help you .....BUT....the food was atrosious there was very little and it was the same every day there was no variaty and most of all no tea making in the morning they made tea and left it pots to stew up,,,,,there was very little salad no mixed salad and just alittle bit of salad that smeone was chopping up as it was required .....the one saveing grace was the barman mahamed he was the best barman i have ever had in egypt thank god for him he was the only saveing grace...we wont be going back ever......

Room Tip: if not what you want just ask they will change it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter M
Mexicana_11, General Manager at Mexicana Sharm Resort, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Warmest greetings from Mexicana Sharm Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Sincerely