Mexicana Sharm Resort
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$80
US$48
US$54
  • Pool
Savoy Sharm El Sheikh(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$156
US$99
US$65
US$49
  • Pool
Falcon Hills Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$12
  • Breakfast included
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$28
1,170 results
All reviewsnaama bayold marketegyptian poundssharmpoolsdivingbarmandartsanimation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Visited Mexicana for 10 nights with my mum for a budget holiday......yes it was budget and yes the food selection was a little lacking, but the amazing weather and super friendly staff more than made up for it!!

I'd say 40% of the clientele was lone holiday makers and this made me feel great and is making me want to go back in October (looking at prices now) on my own!

All tidy and clean. Only negatives are the food is not much to choose from but you do not go hungry so no massive drama. Rooms clean, air con is brilliant!

See you in October :)

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Sally K
Mexicana_11, General Manager at Mexicana Sharm Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to cordially thank you for your very positive summary referring to your recent stay at the Mexicana Sharm Resort.

We are glad that our resort’s facilities and services were satisfying and you enjoyed your stay. The team will be delighted you have recognized their great efforts.

Once again, we thank you for your recommendation. Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Have just booked a holiday at Mexicana for this December. As this will be my seventh visit in four years I think that says everything you need to know about this Hotel. Staff and management cannot do enough to make your stay enjoyable, rooms are very clean and gardens and pools are kept in great condition.I have also noticed a lot of repeat guests, another good sign. ENJOY.

Room Tip: Small pool area is quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Barry B
Mexicana_11, General Manager at Mexicana Sharm Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you kindly for your warm review. It certainly was our pleasure to have you here in our resort your second home
Awaiting your return in December so that you may once again relax at the Mexicana Resort. Please contact us any time for assistance or any special request as it will be our pleasure to meet you again,

Regards

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I went to the Mexicana in April 2014, for 2 weeks, and it was lovely. The staff were very friendly, and they looked after us. I went with a group, me and my husband and children ( 6 and 7 yr old) and my 2 sisters. The apartments were huge - ask for ground floor apart. as they are much bigger than the 1st floor ones. the balconies were very basic, but both garden and poolside views lovely. the pools are perfect for relaxing in, but can be a bit basic for children. As other resorts nearby offered a lot more slides in the pool.( We took the kids to the AquaPark for the day -£35/adult/£25/children) and it was a great day out. We were all inclusive and the food was perfect. often they would cook fresh meat/pasta/eggs infront of us. it was my daughters birthday whilst we were there, and they decorated the table and made a huge song and dance for us..... my daughter loved it!
It can be quiet, ideal for families, esp. with young children.
only negatives are The beach is too far too walk, but there is a free shuttle service that takes you there. but be warned it can b packed, so if you don't like the rush then just hop in a taxi - cost about £2. But if you go with the bus and are all inclusive you get free drinks whilst on the beach. Also if you are doing the self catering then despite a huge kitchen, it has barely any utensils or dishes. I'm sure you could ask for them, but as we were all inclusive we didn't need to worry about that. Last negative, MOSQITOES. Lots of them. But its only a problem if u don't use your air con. Ours wasn't working, so we bought a plug in repellent from the shop and that did the trick. just take repellent and insect bite relief cream and you should be fine.

Nearby there is the El Mercato, which is a must to go. only 20 min walk or £3 taxi fare. the Mcdonalds was a treat the kids loved, as the portion sizes were huge! Definitely worth our money! Lots to do, but everything is a taxi ride away. I'd recommend Soho Square, and go in the evening. it is near the airport, and a fun evening out. Go to the cinema there and they do a great show on the history of Egypt. Also the fountain light show is a must to watch.

it was such a shame they had closed the roads to Cairo and would only do these excursions via flight. Unfortunately that was out of our budget, but I will aim to go again and see the full Egypt, history, deserts and pyramids!
The best thing was the beds! they were so comfortable, I suffer badly from back ache, and I slept like a baby on them. Not once did my back bother me there. If there was something I could take from Egypt and bring back with me it would be the mattress!
Our rep from YouTravel, Sabere was really good. We took his number and when we return next year we intend to book through him personally.
Overall, a great holiday, and I would def go again.

Room Tip: Ground floor apartments are bigger - but no privacy on the balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Staff really pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful. Grounds niace and well looked after. Nice comfortacle room and good value for money. Quiet location but this is what we anted. Third time in Sharm and will be going again though to a different hotel in August.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Mexicana_11, General Manager at Mexicana Sharm Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you kindly for your warm review. It certainly was our pleasure to have you here in our resort.
Awaiting your return so that you may once again relax at the Mexicana Resort. Please contact us any time for assistance in booking your next vacation as it will be our pleasure to meet you again,

Regards

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is my 2nd visit to Sharm but a different hotel. This one was much smaller and more remote. I was self-catering but opted to take breakfast. Although I accept cultural differences - eating there was an experience. The only tip is to go for your meal at the end of the period and avoid the local populus. They do not believe in table manners, queuing or anything else for that matter. I must praise the dining room staff, for they tried to clear the mess as quickly as possible. My room was spacious, very clean and overlooked the smaller of the 2 pools, thus was much quieter. Not all the staff were friendly and some were downright ignorant. However, I must single out Mahmoud, on reception, who was helpful and friendly from the time I arrived to my leaving - also Mohammed at the Amigos Poolbar who was always laughing and a firm favourite with the English speaking guests. Not forgetting Essam, who kept my room spotless during my stay and finally Hussein, the bellman, who was always there for you after hours. The hotel would do a little better with a littler more entertainment and the bar hours extending. They run an excellent taxi service, to wherever you want to go, at a very reasonable cost. Just ask for Alex as you are not too far away from the local attractions.

Room Tip: Rooms surrounding the smaller pool tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank roy45Golborne
Mexicana_11, General Manager at Mexicana Sharm Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014