Mexicana Sharm Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Amar Sina Village(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Old Vic Sharm Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Partner Sunset(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Restaurant
Tivoli Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Verginia Sharm Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
The Rock Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Sunset(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Restaurant
Resta Club Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
Luna Sharm Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
1,170 results
All reviewsnaama bayold marketegyptian poundssharmpoolsdivingbarmandartsanimation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2011

My husband and I booked for Xmas and new year period, on our 1st day we got £500 stolen from our room, the safe was broken on arrival so we foolishly put it in a drawer, we spent next 4 days back and forth to Naama bay tourist police. The food was absolutely awful except breakfast where u made your own toast and got boiled/fried egg - rest of the time we ate at Picasso's across the road or got taxi into naama bay - do not go all inclusive as it's not worth the money. Food was always cold and everything was tasteless. Met other people who were unhappy with food/service too, also 4 people got money stolen too, two of them had placed money in their safes! Even local people give this hotel the thumbs down and tell you it has a bad reputation in Sharm - our room was flooded twice on 1st January and both times we had to wait 30/45 minutes for housekeeping staff to clean it up, the towels are taken away in the morning, washed then put back in your room, one day ours were taken away and not returned until 9pm!! The Xmas and new years eve party was crap, we were in bed at 11pm on both nights and to top it all - the swimming pool is freezing, never once got in it in the two weeks we were there - thanks to all the friendly Brits we met while staying there otherwise I would have arranged a flight home within days of arriving!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 9 January 2011

We stopped from the 26th December to the 6th Jan. There was 7 of us. For what we paid compared to other places it was value for money. You will not get 4 or 5 star hotels on this budget. No stomach upsets, The food was hot , staff friendly. The only gripes were plastic disposable cups for drinks –we had to battle for a Perspex glass in the bar sometimes. Even if you wanted to take a beer to the room you should be able to take something better than a flimsy plastic cup. The rooms were clean although my brothers needed a coat of paint. They were in the process of changing rooms to have modern flat screen (LCD or plasma not sure). We were really annoyed at the fact of no all-inclusive after 6pm on New Year’s Eve. I deliberately did not check out until 2pm instead of 12 so I kept the room (I put a do not disturb sign on the door) and to get my free lunch on the last day. They had a grumble but did not charge.
The tobacco and water is cheap on the supermarket just outside on the left.
I did hear that some people had there safe opened and money stolen although we did not.
Get your towels put early as sunbeds soon go – The staff were putting towels out for guests at 6am for a tip although as normal there were signs advising you could not reserve beds- for me it’s the people who reserve beds but don’t use them until 2 or 3 in the afternoon!
We did not dine in the restaurants for extra charge but heard poor reviews on these.
The entertainment was non-existent in the day and poor in the evening. Overall it was value for money
I spent my days on the beach behind the Iberotel Palace on the beach @ sun’n’fun wakeboarding.
Khalid was brill for lessons. I bought 5x20min sets for about £60. take your own board,line, impact jacket and gloves though.

2  Thank markatderby
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We stayed for a week from 16 December. We are lucky enough to be able to take 3-4 holidays a year and so,we feel, have quite a varied experience. We are not people who go on holiday looking to find fault and this is the first review we've ever written. This was the worst holiday for quite some time. Despite taking all the recommended measures to avoid being ill, we were suffering before we left and up to Christmas. We are not fussy eaters and weren't expecting 5 star food at a 3 star hotel. We thought that the food was pretty poor. We would echo comments made about the all-inclusive beach. Not impressed at all.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Absolutely sick of seeing such out and out lies written about this hotel I think I should write my own review. I stayed from the 22nd until the 29th of Decemeber. The weather was excellent except the last day, so that made the holiday all the better!

When we got there, the reception was helpful, quick and had a bellboy carry our cases up for us, all were hugely polite and helpful. We arrive shortly before nine and had gone all inclusive, we entered the restaurant at 9:05pm, 5 minutes after the restaurant should have closed, except we were welcomed with open arms by all the staff inside the place, and we helped ourselves to HOT and TASTY food. It had a good selection for everyone, including vegetarians. The chicken was excellent despite poor reviews, as was all the other meat and food.

The issue with glasses is confusing to me, we got plastic glasses to drink from, yes, but they weren't poor quality and they held a drink just as well as a glass glass does, no holes or anything! The other issue along these lines is water. We bought a very large bottle of water for myself, 2 litres I think, for the highly expensive price of 50p. Anyone who got charged £2.50 for a bottle of water in the hotel cannot convert money properly, which I think is disgusting when putting into a review. I then was able to get this bottle refilled without complaint, by the staff in any of the bars, with mineral water, not the dodgy tap stuff, to drink as much as I wanted, all you needed was some manners and it was not a problem.

The waiting and bar staff were a pleasure to be around, 99% of them were polite and went the extra mile to make sure you got everything you wanted, with a 16 year old sister with blonde hair and blue eyes, I expected a bunch of leering idiots who would plague our holiday with sleeze, but we didn't, we received some playful banter, not only to her but to me, and anyone else we saw around the restaurant, be it male or female, the staff quite simply wanted to enjoy their job, and good for them for wanting to have a joke with holdayers.

The only things I were unhappy with was the night time entertainment, I feel that if they improved this, as the entertainment was close to non existent bar a kareoke on sunday nights, the hotel would be improved 10 fold. One or two of the staff could also do with chilling out a little bit, one in the reception was constantly reluctant to supply a ticket for the internet use when someone else was on it to the point of rudeness, when I simply wanted to use the 'net the next day but wanted to buy early.

One top tip for Egypt. BEWARE THE PHOTOGRAPHERS!!! The hotel photographer was a nightmare, he was highly friendly and funny when you first arrived,but then hounded you day and night to buy photos from him until you had to actually be quite rude and tell him to go away, at which point he was rude and nasty. The photographers when we went on excursions were similar, and all were sleezy, not just the hotel one, but all the people across the holiday, focussing on womens breasts and legs.

Overall I would reccommend this hotel to anyone, as long as you don't enter wanting it to be a 5 star experience, you won't be disappointed, I could go on, pointing out lies or ridiculous comments I've read in other reviews, but frankly it'd take me all day.

2  Thank JoshuaJack21
Reviewed 31 December 2010

saved hard for this winter break and spent most of it in or around our bathroom, whole family ill and even a week after returning, my wife is still poorly.
poor food quality, bad position, hotel beach via shuttle bus not great, staff ok but all Egyptians are friendly anyway.
Second and last trip to Sharm el sheikh. the first was at the hilton in Naama bay, in hindsight i should have spent the extra money, gone there again and enjoyed my holiday.
positive note Aquapark in Hadaba is a great day out for young and old.