My wife and I stayed at the Poinciana from 15 to 22 Oct 2013.
Despite a few early hic-cups which involved room changes we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and are planning to return for a longer stay next year.
Now to the nitty gritty. Yes we had a few problems with our room but these were quickly attended to and when they could not be sorted out we changed rooms. No problem there.
Having been to Sharm on 5 previous holidays we were not expecting too much in the food department, but we were very surprised to find the food of a very good standard and in fact there was a proper " meat an veg " diet every day. Wife and I both agree that this was the best hotel food we had experienced in Sharm.
The hotel facilities are very well presented, with a choice of two excellent pools, both with bars.
A Spa on the resort has a fantastic range of treatments and at brilliant prices which wont break the bank, massages, hot tub,sauna, steam room, body scrubs, haircutting for men and women,nails and all the beauty treatments you could wish for.
The rooms are spacious and very light, kept spotlessly clean with daily room service including clean towels and bedding, you don't get that at home do you.
The management led by a very nice lady ( Saleh I think ) work tirelessly and long to make every thing work for you, so please don't criticise their efforts.
The Staff are without exception very friendly and will do anything to help you.
We would like to mention in particular the following:-
Saleh the general manager, the Head Chef (sorry name unknown), all the dining room waiters ( too many to name ) for their care and attention and ever present smile.
Hassan at the Relax pool, always a welcome smile and greeting and makes a fabulous cup of cappacino, thanks Hassan and I hope you are still there next year.
Mohammed, at the Active pool , who remembers what you are drinking and pours it as he sees you approach. Cheers.
Abdul, the towel man, who ensures your sun beds are just right for you and you get the maximum sun.
All the cleaning staff who work long hours with a smile and fantastic "towel art".
Samoo and Mushtaq at the spa who ensure you get the very best from your chosen service, keep smiling boys.
To anyone I may have left out I apologise, but your hard work has not been forgotten.
To all the people who criticise this hotel I would say this:- you probably booked and paid for a budget holiday so why would you expect to be staying at the Dorchester. Look at your holiday invoice and you will see that 70% of what you paid was for your flight and the other 30% for the hotel, and to me the flight is the worst part of the holiday!!! Make an effort to learn some simple words in Arabic, like, Good Morning, Good Night and thankyou, and your overall experience will be better.Make an effort to speak to any Egyptian families and you will find them to be very generous and warmhearted people.The last thing to remember is that the vast majority of the staff are living and working away from their own families to give you a good holiday.
End of Rant.
For the Management.
I know you are continually working to improve the hotel, but a few minor things would help immediately.
1. Place a 1 litre bottle of water in each room for new arrivals and keep the water cooler on overnight at the Active pool bar so people could top up their bottle anytime.
2. Decent size of glass ( plastic if needs be ) at the bars instead of the tiny soft ones. The majority of people wont drink any more but will make less visits to the bar.
Thanks for your consideration in these matters and a VERY BIG thankyou for a pleasant and relaxing stay. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sharm Resort is conveniently located on Om El Seid Hill, with a spectacular view of the Red Sea and just a short stroll away from the brand new shopping arcade “Il Mercato” and the international dancing hot spot “Dolce Vita”.Choose from a variety of spacious rooms, family suites and villas with private balconies or terraces and multiple views of the pools, gardens or the sea.Our large, centrally located outdoor pool includes a children's pool. You can also relax on one of the private beaches and explore the Red Sea by snorkeling or diving ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Southall Travel and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Poinciana Sharm Resort & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sharm Resort And Apartment
- Grand Sharm Resort & Apartment Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Creative Grand Sharm Hotel
- Creative Grand Sharm Resort