Please do not stay here, you will have an awful time!! My boyfriend and I have just got back from a week in egypt, we arrived at the poincianna on Saturday 8th nov in the evening. We checked in and was given a cold flannel and a drink which was a nice touch, then we got taken to our room. We walked into 3 cockroaches on the floor and 2 in the bath! It was disgusting! It was also a twin room and we booked a double so we asked to change. The man went and got the key for another room no problem. The second room was just as awful!! Only one light worked which meant the room was so dark, the air con was broken, the bedside lamp didn't work and has wires on show, the remote control for the tv was broken, the bath was stained a disgusting yellow!! The place was just filthy!! After complaining a man came to fix the air con, remote and light but the place was still vile!! The thought of having a wash in this place and actually feeling clean was impossible!! We went for dinner, which was again a grubby room, the place was not clean and the food was awful! I'm a vegetarian and all I could eat that night was rice and chips, not exactly what you call a meal!! We were so hungry that we bought crisps from the shop next to the hotel, not what you expect to do on an all inclusive holiday!! We went to bed and hoped things would be better in the morning. First thing we got up and asked to change rooms again, in the hope they would have something better. the man took us to view 2 rooms, they were both so dirty!! The smell of urine hit you as soon as you opened the door, there were stains on the walls and on the sofa, the fridge was so yellow and falling to bits, you would never want to put a drink in there to keep cold, it would come out contaminated!! We chose the best room of the two and moved rooms for the third time! We thought we'd just get on with it and we're convincing ourself that we can just enjoy the days but this was impossible, we barely ate for the first two days, the room was still horrible and the whole feel of the place was just depressing!! So much so that on the Monday afternoon we got wifi and emailed every hotel we could find to check their availability!! We were so pleased when we found one, even though it meant paying £300 bed and breakfast so we're still going to be spending money on dinners and drinks! We were so desperate to leave so we packed up and checked out! The man at reception offered to talk about it, but there was really nothing they could do, after changing rooms three times, eating crisps for breakfast lunch and dinner and feeling so dirty the best thing for us to do was leave and enjoy the 5 days we had left of our holiday!
I will write another review for the marroit hotel which we moved to! They were amazing there and done so much to help us and our situation!! They really saved us from a holiday from hell!!
I'd also like to say that I've stayed in a lot of cheap low budget hotels whilst on girls holidays and the poincianna is by far the worst hotel I have ever come across!! So please don't think I'm stuck up and was expecting a palace. This place is awful, do not stay here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sharm Resort is conveniently located on Om El Seid Hill, with a spectacular view of the Red Sea and just a short stroll away from the brand new shopping arcade “Il Mercato” and the international dancing hot spot “Dolce Vita”.Choose from a variety of spacious rooms, family suites and villas with private balconies or terraces and multiple views of the pools, gardens or the sea.Our large, centrally located outdoor pool includes a children's pool. You can also relax on one of the private beaches and explore the Red Sea by snorkeling or diving ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel and Evoline ltd so you can book your Poinciana Sharm Resort & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sharm Resort & Apartment Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Sharm Resort And Apartment
- Creative Grand Sharm Hotel
- Creative Grand Sharm Resort