“excellent”
Review of Island View Resort

Island View Resort
Ranked #53 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 24 November 2013

we have been for the 23 th time in Island View, Sharm El Sheikh - Egypt. We had an excellent stay for 25 days !!!! from 14 October till 8 November. Weather veryvery very good (even 35 degrees) and sun from the morning 0600 am till afternoon 1630 pm.
The staff of the hotel is like family for us and we had no complains !! They do really their best to forfill all your wishes !! Beautiful sea, corall-rif and so many beautiful colored fishes ! excellent for snorkeling. 3 pools are very clean, and a part of pool nr. 2 is for little children.
Every evening animation, and during the day music everywhere (sometimes to loud)

Room Tip: we didn't go to Spa, so : no opinion - a room on sea-side is beautiful, but every evening there...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 November 2013

have just returned home after two weeks at island view resort.We had a fantastic holiday,our room although in need of refurbishment especially the bathroom, was clean and comfortable.The grounds were very attractive .The beach and the hotel reef were fantastic we saw so many wonderful fish the most wonderful experience.The staff were so friendly helpful and attentive.Our only real complaint was the food.The breakfasts were great no problem at all but lunch and dinner were not to our taste at all ,we could always find something to eat but never did we leave the restaraunt feeling we had had a delicious meal. We will definately return to Sharm but not to this hotel purely because of the food quality.

1  Thank sophie017
Shellie W, Guest Relations Manager at Island View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Sunny greetings from Sharm El Sheikh!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Your comments are an important tool in helping us to maintain and improve the services you have come to expect from Island View Resort.

I am sad to learn that you did not enjoy the cuisine at lunch & dinner however, our Chef's, Food & Beverage Manager, Guest Relation Team and myself are always on hand at mealtimes to ensure that all your requirements are catered for. We very much value your opinion and feedback especially whilst you are in resort so that we can make any changes on the spot to ensure you are 100% satisfied with your holiday.

Its great to hear that you took the time to visit our beautiful coral reef that we are blessed to have right on our doorstep.

I will also pass on your comment regarding the cleanliness to our Executive House Keeping Manager.

We would love for you to visit us again to see all any improvements we have made especially with regards to the food so if you decide to return please do not hesitate to contact me at shellie.wilson @islandview-egypt.com.

With best regards
Shellie Wilson
Quality & Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have recently be to sunrise island view in October, we were greeted by very friendly staff also we had someone show us around the hotel as it was are first time there the room was spotless and basic. the pools were great but one water slide was not working, if you do not like birds do not eat breakfast in the breakfast area indoors. however the beach was amazing the fish in the sea are beautiful so would suggest go snorkelling
HOWEVER on arrival we saw lots of friendly animation staff but the rest of the week they were not doing anything and were targeting the adults more that the children also very depressing music around the pool with the yellow water slide. there were very friendly waiters but the animation team were mostly non existent. also the food was ok but need working on. there were lots of very rude Russians. lastly I went to Soho square it was very expensive but lovely also great restaurants in there. and we visited Nama bay were there was lots of people trying to get you to look in there shop. and visited old sharm ,was very good but lots of people trying to get u to look in there shop. overall I would go back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Shellie W, Guest Relations Manager at Island View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from sunny Egypt!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are glad we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your holiday. Your comments are extremely important in helping us to improve and maintain the high standards which you have come to expect from Island View Resort.

Its great to hear you enjoyed our pool facilities and also took some time out to experience the snorkelling at our own in house coral reef. We really are blessed with some beautiful marine life right on our door step and of course its free to see!!

I forwarded your comments regarding the animation to our Chief of Entertainment who will take the actions in order to improve where neccessary.

We do cater for a lot of nationalities and all cultures are different, however we try to meet the expectations for each of our guests to ensure all our visitors have a great stay.

We would love to welcome you back again and if you decide to return please do not hesitate to contact me at shellie.wilson@islandview-egypt.com

With best regards
Shellie Wilson
Quality & Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 17 November 2013

we stayed 02/11/13 10/11/13
This was our frist trip as a couple for many years having always travled as as family before.We have stayed at this hotel before 18 months ago when it was part of the dunrise group so prity much knew about the hotel and location its 5 mins from the airport and haveing been to sharm (last lime may 2013) many times before we knew how cheap taxis were so didnt bother with transfers,This is not the case any more the last time we where here it was a £10 at the most to get to soho square from the airport, now i think the taxi guys are getting gready no one was willing to take us for under £25 so we went back in the airport to the taxi desk and got one for the offical price of £15, on the way back we used the hotel taxi which was a lovley clean car and only cost £8.50 i will email the hotel next time to pick us up.
TOP TIP
dont buy a visa as you dont need it if you are not traveling out side of sharm this is one of the biggest cons,
do go to the tax free shop in soho square in your first 48 hours
ROOM
on arivail at the hotel the recption man was good and frendley took all of 5 mins to be checked in and showen to our room 136, the rooms are large with everything you need in them,they are looking dated but there is a upgrade progam on going at the moment but they are by no means shaby, the t.v has a good choice of movies e.t.c cleaned daily with fresh towles water daily,
POOLS
while we were there there was some work been done on the slides some people were complining but work has to be done to keep standerds so whats the problem ime sure you would not be happy if you or your child was indured due to poor manitance, its good to watch the egyptians working makes you chuckle its one worker to 3 supervisors with plenty if ciggerett brakes lol its the same all over egypt the heated pool was lovley and easy to get in we only ventured in the the pool bar once as its just too cold or were to soft lol
BEACH
this is lovley and clean with jettis over the coral to the sea which is the norm for sharm,sea warm as always with pleaty of fish,there is a bar and snacks here also
DRINKS
the bar staff are grate espicaly Sarby (think thats how its spelt) and omar on the pool bar my beer was always there as i was walking to the bar, there is all the usal sprits soft drinks tea and coffee but one of the biggets disopments this time was that wine is no longer avaible at bars only in the restarants at meal times, when you are a wine drinker as my wife is this is not realy aceptible, ime a beer drinker so no problem and the russians are just hard core sprit drinkers drinking them at 10am in the morning, an afternoon glass of wine what my wife likes so i found my self getting glasses from the restarants for her.when we asked about this it is the new operatiors progam so i think this could do with adressing.
ANIMATION
the team was good Amber and vicky the english girls were lovley always chatting and trying to get people playing games e.t.c but all the animation team were frendley and i do like the way pool 4 has been improved and some of the evening entermaintment/shows are now down there i think it makes for a good atmosphere as people tend to stay around and have a drink and a dance after, were is in the ampertheter once the show if finished everyone leaves, The shows them selves are the tipical egyption folk shows bellie danceing spinning man e.t.c which are ok but when you have been to egypt a lot they get the same old, would be good to have something new, but having said that we still watched them,
FOOD
the food here is good and there is something for everyone unless you are a common brit and want pie and chips if thats the case go to benidorm
as a chef i will eat any thing but the fresh produce in egypt is amazing tomatoes e.t.c there is a good choice in the main restrant with every thing you could need pasta rice meat chicken fish.
fatiam is a grill resturant near the beach which also incorprates bariccauda fish restranunt both of with you can have once a week both nice and well worth going to,
the itatilian is very good and the staff are so attentive with your glass never been empty again once per stay but you could pay to go back again which we did £5 each not a lot for what you get,segestion for the hotel offer pizza at extra charge late night as they are some of the best i have had and would have loved one late night with a couple of beers lol
moohamed (older guy with gray curley hair) in the main restraunt was lovley always bring you drinks weather it be a coffee on a morning or beer and a wine at lunch nothing was too much for him and he was a genuine nice guy also achmed was good in there thats just two that stood out to us but all the staff are grate and frendley all over the hotel.
OUT AND ABOUT
soho square is a lovley place and worth an evening thre even if you have been before as now the dancing fountian now has fire as well (be warned drinks are expencive here), transport in egypt is cheep and you can get a taxi almost any where in sharm for under a £10 but i do think the revulation/money problrems around the world has afected prices here haggling is a must and can be fun but there is some silly prices now an oragnal fake rolex watch starting price £120 lol but no one would go lower than £40 every thing is fake but the prices arnt hoodies and t shirts used to be good buys but a copy hoodie is now £20 and a t shirt £12 and thats the lowest they are going now a days,
all in all a good holiday was had and we would go back to the hotel again
jon and sue

Room Tip: if you have mobilty problems you need a bottom floor room the hotel is anly two storie but has no li...
1  Thank chef1979
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Although this was not the original hotel I booked, I am actually glad we were moved to Island View!! The staff in this hotel go out of their way to ensure you have a relaxing and enjoyable holiday and nothing was too much trouble. I would especially like to thank Ula and Shellie from the guest relations team who were there to greet us on arrival and aways made time to have a chat and ask how the holiday was going. The animation team, Vicky, Amber and Mido were brilliant and again always came round for a chat and asked if we wanted to join in the activties.. promise I will next time!!
On check in we were greeted with arrival drinks and personally shown to our rooms. When we got to there, we had a gorgeous fruit platter, cakes, water and wine waiting for us, this was a lovely gesture. The water was replaced daily and also we received numerous fruit platters throughout the two week trip. The rooms themselves were lovely and very large. Our room had a gorgeous view out to the sea which was a pleasure to wake up to on a morning. I will say the first floor rooms are much better for the views as we also had a ground floor room, however this is by no means a criticism! The cleanliness in this hotel is second to none and hotel was always immaculate.
I was worried when I first seen certain reviews on here about the food and the quality but I would like to stress that that I am a very fussy eater and I never once had a problem with the food or went to bed hungry. With amount of food on offer, breakfast, lunch, snack bars, dinner and midnight snacks I would be amazed if anyone could find a fault. There are restaurants you can try on the beach and also the Italian which is next to the main reception, they served some of the best food I have ever tasted. The staff were attentive and very friendly even catering for the fussy eater!! I would recommend that you try the ice cream bar which is next to pool one, this was my daily treat and just what you need while sunbathing around the pool. I have been to Sharm 6 times now and never been in a hotel that offered free ice cream so this was a highlight for me. I would like to thank the staff in the main restaurant for the excellent service from day one.. i'm missing my morning cup of tea being made for me. The bar staff in the Victoria bar also seemed to know my order before I did, thank you for the cocktails before dinner and lattes and hot chocolate before bed!
I would also like to thank Osama who worked on the beach, he recognised us from another we have previously stayed which was lovely. He would come and speak to us and introduced us to the other life guards who then also made sure we were looked after. I prefered to be around pool one or two but pool four is stunning as is the beach. The views are amazing and such a relaxed atmosphere.
I must admit this is the best holiday we have every had and I am looking forward to returning, however I am hoping this will be in March and not next October as that is too long to wait to return to this excellent hotel!!
A last thank you to the Hotel Manager Mr Habibi, you have a wonderful team working for you, they all done you proud!

Anita, Syliva, Esther & Toni

Room Tip: If you have walking difficulties, request rooms close to reception or if these rooms are not availab...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank honest186394
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The hotel is attractive and spotlessly clean, in a great location (our third visit). Our room was spacious, which included 2 single beds, safe, cupboards, TV (limited programmes), fridge and en-suite - small balcony overlooking pool 1 which had plenty of free sunbeds and just across from the bar, the larger balcony had chairs and a table). 2 bottles of water were provided every day - basket of fruit on arrival. Although the room was kept clean, it was in need of renovation. There were 4 swimming pools (but one was closed - part of refurbishment programme). Pool 2 contained warm water, but loud music! Beach towels are available every day. The entertainment team are very good - Vicky and Amber in particular were very friendly and helpful - checked whether there were any problems and encouraged us to take part in their activities. Apparently there is also a tennis court on site. The restaurant served a variety of food - good to average. There's an opportunity to eat at an Italian restaurant once (which was well worth it) - the food and service are excellent there. Additional snacks and ice-creams are offered at other times of the day. Breakfast and lunch boxes can be ordered from reception one day in advance. There are a few shops near reception and small computer room (free, but only one mouse between them)! Trips are on offer to Cairo, Luxor, Jerusalem, Tiran Island, boat trips, snorkelling, diving etc. Soho Square is only a few minutes walk from the hotel - great musical fountains, ice rink and entertainment, with bars, restaurants and shops (no hassle). It was much quieter than in previous years, which is a great shame as the weather is superb (Cairo is a 6 hour bus journey away - at least)!! If you want a relaxing holiday, with fantastic weather and great service, this is the place to be.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have better views. Rooms near pools 1 and 2 are closest to the restaurant, but fu...
1  Thank margaret_swift10
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was our first holiday in Sharm el Sheik and we were very pleased that we had chosen this hotel
We had read a lot of reviews which were mostly very accurate - the rooms lovely but in need of up dating but thought the way they are set out with the bedroom section on a higher level and separate from the lounge area was quite unique.
We have been to other parts of Egypt in past years and find the staff here are just as lovely and helpful and will always do anything they can to make your holiday enjoyable.
We used to stay round Pool 4 as it was quieter and had beautiful views of the sea and from the first day we went there the pool attendant would rush over to get us beds and a parasol and put them where we wanted - then the barman would come over with lovely cool drinks - bliss.
I am sorry I cannot remember their names!
There was usually a barbecue outside near Pool1 in the evenings and a varied buffet so you could always find something to enjoy.
The Italian Restaurant was lovely and we managed to eat there 3 times!
You can walk to Soho Square in a few minutes which is nice if you want to stretch your legs after dinner and we were lucky enough to see the fountain lit up and 'dancing' to music.
We did not see Pool 3 as it is was part of a section closed off for refurb so it would be nice to see it when it is done.
Overall we had an excellent holiday for what we paid and would definitely return but if the prices do increase next year then the hotel should look at improving the rooms - mostly the bathrooms,
Just a personal note - we met a lovely couple from Birmingham called Chris and Norman and exchanged phone no's and e-mail addresses but I have lost the paper I wrote them on - if you see this can you contact us it would be lovely to catch up.

Room Tip: we were in room 258 which was mid-way between the sea and reception so ideal
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple