This was my 3rd visit to Sharm and although not the best layout, certainly the best staff.
Lovely views and beach, although an up-hill struggle to get back, could do with a shuttle bus to beach. The gardens are beautiful and tended by dedicated gardeners.
Pools clean with no problems getting sunbeds or umbrellas, they also have the added bonus of life guards.
Eco friendly with the bed linen and towels, as in you leave a card on your bed if you do not want your linen changed every day and lets face it, who needs a daily change of bed linen?
Air conditioning very good, hair dryer in the bathroom and bottled water left in your room each day.
Would have been nice to have tea/coffee making facilities in the room, however, there was a supermarket opposite so was able to buy orange juice etc to start the day.
Our only gripe was the spa (which is not run by the hotel), my friend and I bought a salt and chocolate skin treatment followed by a massage. The treatment left our skin feeling years younger ( and still does 2 weeks later) and the massage was fabulous, courtesy of Rusha and Marwa. Our gripe is that men were strolling around when we were expected to walk around in our pants. I found this particularly offensive and very nearly left half way through.
We were invited to a cocktail hour to share our views with management regarding our impression of the hotel. They obviously have plans to improve where they can and are not complacent.
All staff were friendly, polite and could not do enough for us, however, the staff who we had the most contact with and made our holiday complete are as follows...
Pool bar staff...Walid, Mahmoud and all the boys who kept us supplied with our favourite drinks.
Pool 1...Mustafa looked after us for the first few days until he went for a well earned rest to Cairo, nothing was too much trouble, lovely chap. As he left, came the arrival of Ali and his whistle, again, nothing was too much trouble keeping everyone amused. Mohamed was the lunch time relief and again, nothing was too much trouble.
Cleaner...Mahmoud kept our room fresh and clean and was available if we needed anything.
Entertainment... If you have children, you won't find a better person than Kash to entertain them, lovely man, so kind and gentle with them. Vicky, Charlene and Mido also provide great entertainment and a chat during the day with information if needed, they really tried hard to make us feel welcome (which we did)
Restaurant... The food is amazing, if you cannot find something that you like, there is something wrong with you. Extensive choice of freshly cooked/prepared food with senior staff on the floor making sure that all is well.
Mohamed (on the kids side) looked after us with such care, we saw him at every meal time, he brought our drinks including a lovely mint tea when my friend was struggling with her asthma and lemon tea for her hay fever, what a lovely man. Islam had our tea and coffee ready for us after every meal time on the patio, again, such a lovely man. Abdel who made our omelettes was a delight to see each morning and not forgetting Essam (manager) who was keen to care for our London sparrows who have gone on a permanent holiday to Egypt (David Attenborough would be proud).
Overall, a lovely stay, the hotel has a wonderfully friendly feeling and all staff were polite and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the splendid Shark Bay with its own house reef you will find in this "Ultra All - Inclusive" 5 star (country category) Resort everything you wish. The four large pool areas, the splendid arranged garden, with water falls and canals, the spaciously designed rooms and junior suites are the ideal venues for your family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Island View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Island View Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sunrise Island View Egypt
- Hotel Sunrise Island View
- Sunrise Island View Hotel