Island View Resort
  • Pool
US$121
US$54
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$79
US$63
US$95
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Grand Rotana Resort & Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$98
US$48
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$102
US$214
US$173
US$59
US$89
US$71
Priceline
2,843 results
All reviewsvictoria barsoho squaremain restaurantfatima restauranthollywood cafeanimation teamitalian restaurantfishgreat holidayjunior suiteguest relationstwo weeksbar staffthe thomas cook repspecial thankssoft drinkskids club
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at the Island View Resort between July 5-15 2014 along with my husband and 2 daughters aged 17 and 23 and we had a brilliant holiday.
I find it difficult to understand the criticisms of this resort as described in the most recent reviews as we had a really good experience. I would also add that you get what you pay for and this holiday was extremely competitively priced and was good value for money. If we had wanted luxury, then I would expect to have to pay a good deal more.
It is probably true that this hotel requires some investment to update the bedrooms and bathrooms but I found it to be scrupulously clean and should any problems arise, they are dealt with immediately. We had problems with our water supply in the bathroom at one point and this was sorted as soon as we reported it. I can't understand the criticism I read of the bedding as it was so hot, the last thing we wanted was a thick duvet- the bedding we had was fresh and clean and changed daily.
The food in the restaurant was plentiful and we felt it to be varied, although we were aware of some criticisms from other holiday makers. Again, I would say that you get what you pay for- it was fresh and there was always a lot of choice. Breakfast was particularly good.
The staff at the hotel were, without exception absolutely lovely and nothing was too much trouble.
Mostafa, at the pool and Taha in the towel centre were particularly kind and helpful and Ady always had a big smile for us every day.
The waiters in the restaurant took the trouble to remember you, what drinks we wanted and were friendly and welcoming.
I never felt that any of the staff expected to be tipped but when we did tip, they always appeared to be surprised and very grateful.
We were aware that during our stay it was Ramadan and consequently most of the hotel staff were fasting during the day. With temperatures of up to 45 degrees it must have been really difficult to work and not eat or drink but they all managed it without it appearing to affect their mood or performance.
Myself and my daughters had several treatments in the spa, including massages and facials, which were as good as, if not better than I have had in England and also very cheap. My husband used the gym daily and was happy with it, especially the running machine.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted value, friendliness and courtesy and a relaxing experience. Don't go here if you want to mix with British people as part of your holiday experience, as it has about 90% Russian residents! who can be a bit abrupt and our experience was that many don't go out of their way to be friendly.
This was the first time we have been to Egypt and would definitely like to return again in the future. Not only did we enjoy the sun, the clear seas and the snorkelling, we were particularly impressed with the kindness and courtesy of the Egyptian people.

Room Tip: Specify if a ground floor room is requires and if you need to be near to amenities as it is on a fairly large site.
2  Thank Jenny D
Reda A, Quality Control Manager at Island View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for trusting our resort to be your home for the duration of your stay. And many thanks for your very nice positive feedback. It is so overwhelming to know that we managed to make your holiday an enjoyable one and we trust that you will be among many of our loyal guests and you will always choose our resort for holidaying. for next visit, you can email me before arriving with any requests you will have and i will see to them.
Till we meet you gain and have the chance to be serving you again, have a fantastic time.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My wife, our four grown up kids and I went here at the beginning of July and had a very enjoyable holiday. It is really nice being do close to Soho Square as it gives you somewhere safe to walk on an evening.

The comments about the rooms are true, they really need an upgrade but everything worked and we only used the rooms to get changed on an evening and to sleep in.

The rest of the resort is also showing it's age and some of the manhole covers on the lawns look like you would fall straight through if you stood on them.

Pool three is current closed off with a large number of rooms which have been stripped right back to bare concrete. The renovations have begun.

The staff are all very friendly with the exception of those in the Victoria Bar which was mostly empty. We were never made welcome here. On one occasion we were asked to leave because some of us were wearing shorts, the sign outside only stipulates no under 16's. And on our last day we were asked to leave because my shoes squeaked on the wooden floor!

They did change their mind a few minutes later when it became obvious that we were jus waiting for our airport transfer.

Top tip, tip the guys in the restaurant a couple of times, 50p or £1 equivalent and they will seat you and bring you drinks. Well worth it!

The food was a bit boring but the Italian a la cart is very good. Fatimas us also very good but it's outside and it's just too hot. They really need portable aircon out there.

Finally, we were massively outnumbered by Russians. This wasn't really a problem, they do like to have a good time and can seem a bit rude an really do drink a lot!

All in all we had a great time, we went to spend time together as a family to celebrate my wife's birthday and to relax as we all have busy lives at home.

Would we go back or recommend it to a friend? No but don't be put off if you've booked. You'll have a great time I'm sure.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Nigel P
Reda A, Quality Control Manager at Island View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our resort to spend your holiday and big thank you for your review. We just hope that all is fine with you. I also, want to assure you that your comments have been noted and we have already taken the necessary actions to tackle them. For your next visit, just drop me an email with any requests and I will make sure that they are sorted for you. we are looking forward to seeing you again in the soon future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Just returned from Island View Hotel after a 9 night very disappointing stay!!! Please read if you are thinking of staying here before you spend your hard earned money !!!

I will not bored you with all the in and outs but I can say with no exaggeration that this Hotel is NOT a 5/4 Star hotel and at best a 3 star, and does not cater for British.

1. Rooms need updating on a grand scale,as for the bathrooms I would not want to bath my dog in it, the 3 that I saw and had the displeasure of having to use were disgusting, with broken locks, light switches, broken lamps ,broken a/c, chips in tiled floors and stains on the walls and the toilet and shower looked like no bleach had been seen for years, I cannot believe I let my family use it.
2. Food in main restaurant is cold and mainly for the Russian taste and have you known a 5 star or for that matter any hotel where birds join you for food inside with them using your dinner tables and chairs as their toilets!!!!.when you asked for the tables to be cleaned, some of the staff would look at you as if you were asking for the moon to put on the table.
Credit were credit is due though the la a cart restaurant's are good, with very ,very good staff and food and no birds.
3. No Free Wi-Fi in public spaces like advertised, No entertainment, No snacks or Ice cream
apart from 2 hours per day, but, only one tub to opened per Hour! No Wine and No atmosphere.
4. And just to top off the week from hell, we had lots messages sent to our dirty room.
When we asked what the problem was, thinking maybe they were going to be offered a better standard of Family room as we had had a little moan when we arrived! we were told that they had not been paid enough money (360.00 dollars) from our travel agent.
The very rude reception staff said that the family room should have had 5 people staying in and not only 4 four. They said that they had sent numerous emails to our travel agent since we booked in January, but had no reply and that WE had to telephone England regarding the matter as " Someone body had to pay !" in a very sarcastic manor !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, again I will not bore you with all the details but after demanding a meeting with the Hotel Manager, our Travel Agent rep and then us having to spend over £20 on telephone calls to England on our mobiles as the Hotel CANNOT make international Calls!!!! I kid you not.............
We then explained in a very heated fashion that this "Guest was not paying any more money for this Cr@p hotel" ( as we discovered some other guests had had the same problem and paid)
Also, the underpayment was due now not because 4 people were in the disgusting room but because the ' special offer ' did not now apply to the disgusting room.
After a few heated discussions the Manager seemed to realise that he was not going to win this battle or inventive way of making more money!!! as we stood in the middle of the lobby shouting with our Rep backing us up, the so called underpayment was never mention again after we walked away from the meeting, but it wasted our time and made me so cross, if the nasty rooms and birds in the dinner hall hadn't ruined our holiday then then this certainly had.
I am sure the Hotel was 5 years or so a 5*, as the pools, main building and beach facilities' are of a very good standard and the location is also very good, however, because it has not had the continued investment you have below standard rooms with some very un-interested, un-helpful staff mixed in with a few very pleasant and helpful staff but NO special little touches that I feel should be mandatory in a 5/4 star hotel, like a clean bathroom, locking doors, table service and a little bit of enthusiasm from the staff !!! You have been warned......

5  Thank Samantha D

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Having stayed all inclusive in Majorca (twice), Rhodes and Thailand in the past 4 years, and with not all hotels having met our expectations, I haven't felt the need to write a poor review before simply because, there are few perfect locations around the world where every element of the holiday is five star.

However, having just spent 10 pretty miserable days at the Island View Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, I feel obliged to help those considering a hotel in this wonderful part of the world to consider anywhere but the Island View.

Where to start?

THE BEDROOM. It was dated which, we can live with. What we cannot live with is dirt which, was deeply engrained in the bath, tiles and taps. The water in the bathroom was brown, that is when we had hot running water as, for 40% of our stay here, we were without hot running water. There were bugs squashed on the walls (which were cleaned off when we complained), there were stains on lamp shades and cracks in walls and floor tiles, not to mention plug sockets hanging off the wall. We did complain and were shown two alternative rooms, both were WORSE than the one we were staying in.

THE RESTAURANT. There were birds flying freely around in doors and there was bird crap over the back of most of the chairs which, again was cleaned off when we complained although, there was always fresh crap to be found at each mealtime. There was no kiddies section for food which, has to be expected given that the hotel caters mainly for families. Thee food itself was only ok, of all the all inclusive's that we have stayed in, it had the poorest selection but, it was however, edible.

STAFF. There were some friendly staff for sure, to the point where we felt very well looked after so, we looked after them also, with above average tipping which, ensured good service for the remainder of our stay. However, there are some real stinkers who are totally demotivated, rude and clearly want to be working somewhere else. The staff on reception were the WORST I have experienced in any hotel around the world, either through business and/or pleasure, they were rude and managed to make my wife cry through aggressive behaviour as the towel attendant hadn't swapped a towel for a card as our son swam for the last time prior to departure, he gritted his teeth whilst demanding $75 from my wife before he would allow us to check out.

ENTERTAINMENT. Terrible, terrible animation team. Only 2 Brits, one of which was counting down the days before moving hotels, the other was more concerned with where she was going clubbing afterwards and trying to get our 15 year old to go with them. The Entertainment Manager spoke to us on the last day (probably because I had done so much complaining) to tell us what the entertainment was that evening, the programs were geared to the Russians (Kiddies mini disco was all Russian songs/lyrics) and to be frank the entertainment that we did put ourselves out to watch or partake in was poor at best (quiz and karaoke were embarrassing).

Other points to note:-

1) No internet access for 5 days
2) Smashed glass around the main pool area on one morning
3) Water slides only open for 3 hours a day (10.00-11.30 and 15.00-16.30)
4) Ice cream only available between 15.00-17.00. It was a real struggle to get the server to make all 3 flavours available at once. Had to pay for ice cream at pool 4 (Movenpick) which is a disgrace given it is an all inclusive hotel.
5) No wine on the all inclusive drinks list

There is however a positive from this resort, which, was pool 4 and the beach area as this was fantastic for snorkelling. Probably because it was at the bottom of the complex, there was a small congregation of Brits (the hotel is mainly Russian). This area was clean, relaxing and with 2 or 3 very nice members of staff, a pleasure to spend time in during the day.

So, in a nutshell, this hotel is 3 star at very best, NEVER EVER a 5 star (check out the Savoy, that is a 5 star for sure).

The senior management team have a lot to answer for because, in my business, if the Board of Directors and Management team were so inefficient (communication, motivation and leadership) them they would quite simply, be removed from the business.

If I'd have had the money, then I would have moved hotels, that is how upset we were with the Island View.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel is the only way in which you will be able to chose a 'good' room..
1  Thank John B

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Got back tuesday morning from the island gardens , i always give a honest review so people can read the truth .
on first arriving we were met by reception who were very quick in our transfer to room , and then guided to the buffet which we were able to eat something as it was almost 10pm when we arrived.
Woke up to the most beautiful sunshine , the rooms were spacious , yes in need of a lick of paint but the beds were clean the towels were clean and fresh and the bathroom although dated had all we needed , a shower, flushing toilet , toilet roll and all shower gel body lotion toothpaste and a shaver . i keep a clean loo at home so would have complained if that hadn't been clean!!!! every day our bedding was changed as where our towels the boy mohammed cleaner for our room was very helpful polite and cleaned properly.
Our a\c didn't work properly the first night i asked at reception in the morning twenty mins later the man was knocking and problem solved.
The food , well it wasn't the best i have had but in fairness we paid just over 500 for the 2 weeks so wasn't expecting the best, but the food is checked for right temp etc by Ula the rep in the hotel who if you ask her anything she will go out of her way to help you .The Russians over took the food they are like vultures swarming in on everything there , but with so little visitors from the uk the hotel must cater for them or go bust , food was chicken and fish but if you asked the chef he will cook you what you want , cant see the point in coming back and complaining just go to reda the hotel manager and voice your opinion and he will do his best to accommodate your needs!!!!!! Towards the end of our holiday he even opened the Italian restaurant for lunch just for the British , it was a nice change the food was served to you by fabulous well mannered staff, even so you still had a few moaning brits .
I am diabetic , fussy eater and i always had something to eat there were 9 in our party and we always found something might not have been the best but we didn't starve.so thats the food.
Pool was lovely , clean, fresh, slides so much fun we had a ball the pool staff osman , ali you were fantastic thank you .
all in all it was a great holiday thanks to all the staff , who are so friendly and helpful , please if you have any complaints see Reda or Ula they will help to make your holiday better .

Animation team , well they were rubbish Russian oriented apart from m'jay who invited us to a few things , really think they should have an overall of the animation team , not for kids !!!!!

Weather was 40s all 2 week and 37 at night which was too hot for us , we will be going back in october next year when its a little cooler .

ALL IN ALL A GOOD RELAXING HOLIDAY , CLEAN ACCOMMODATION,FRIENDLY STAFF ,OK FOOD, GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: we had rooms 211 212 214 215 , all were a few seconds from the pool ground floor , sunshine all morning , afternoon shaded on the terrace.
1  Thank michellenstephen