“Amazing holiday”

Ranked #74 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
wales
“Amazing holiday”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned home from the island view resort and yet again had a fantastic holiday every single member of staff were amazing so friendly and are there if you need any help, they work really hard!! The animation team were amazing so friendly, there is always something in the restaurant to choose from, the restaurant is spotless!! Yes the rooms do need updating but why complain all you need your room for is sleeping and showering!!!!! The rooms might be old but are so clean! Our waiter mohamed was so friendly and always remembed our drinks, I will recommend this hotel to everyone if you want friendly staff a good location and a really good holiday go here!! The beach is amazing one of the best beaches for snorkeling, will be returning soon.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank tara20wales
Reda A, Quality Control Manager at Island View Resort, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for trusting our resort to be your home for the duration of your stay. And many thanks for your very nice positive feedback. It is so overwhelming to know that we managed to make your holiday an enjoyable one and we trust that you will be among many of our loyal guests and you will always choose our resort for holidaying. for next visit, you can email me before arriving with any requests you will have and i will see to them.
Till we meet you gain and have the chance to be serving you again, have a fantastic time.
Reda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Just came back from a week stay with my family. After reading all the previous reviews about the hotel being bad, I was dreading going but it was an amazing holiday.
Don't get me wrong, there are a few bad points which include beds being too hard, some of the staff seem to be very grumpy - as if it is too much trouble to ask for a drink etc. However, some of the staff were amazing.
And most of all the Russians. They are very rude to other hotel guests and staff members, giving their orders and pushing in the queues for food.
Inside the hotel, everything is very clean. I personally am not bothered about the condition of the room. Yeah, our bath and tiles were a bit stained but I don't go on holiday to stay in the room all day so me and my partner didn't really care compared to other reviews which seemed to mind.
I would definitely go back to this hotel.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Kirsty K

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here 28th June 2014 to 12 July. We had a great time here.
Food is pretty good, we were always stuffing our faces!
Rooms defiantly need updating and wasnt the best but ok for what you need.
Location is pretty good, literally right next to Soho Square (1 min walk), and 10-20 min taxis each way to Naama Bay and Nabq Bay.
The staff here are really nice and helpful expecially the animation team. Alix, Vicky, Bedo and Sasha! Massive help and really friendly. They organise nights out for you (bars/clubs) and they are defiantly worth doing.
One bad thing is that there were so many russians here and the english were completly outnumbered. But all the english we did eventually find were really nice and we had a good holiday with them. All the egypian staff (waiters, bar staff etc) hate the russians so you get extra special treatment for being english which is good!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoshGemma

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Island View Resort (aka Sunrise, White Knight resort amongst others we spotted around the resort) in Sharm el Sheikh in June 2014 for 14 nights.

First impressions of the hotel were good - secure gate to complex, large clean welcome reception area and efficiently taken to our room with luggage in tow. Fresh clean bedding and bottled water provided in our room for our arrival. However, the bath looked like it needed a good scrub (large orange stain near the taps, black mouldy grout in the tiles) and the decor dated, not forgetting to mention fiddly air conditioning and a wobbly table. By the way, the lamps in the room all have wobbly stained lamp shades, don't bother trying to straighten them up - it's a waste of time! In the room we stayed in there was only 2 power sockets – one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom which was very difficult to charge things! Not forgetting the hairdryer if you can call it that…. Take your own! Water from the tap was brown - one day we had no water at all.... no showers, handwashing or toilet flusing hardly hyginic.

We arrived late at night and was pleased to find the snack bar open with a small selection of warm food which was much appreciated at 11.30pm. It was here we first met some of our fellow holiday makers – a Russian couple who pointed and grunted at the food offer. The Russians throughout our stay were rude, no manners, pushed in queues, not to mention all the drinking...

We based ourselves at Pool 4, the quieter pool on the resort. This is where the Brits of the resort seemed to congregate, away from our Russian counterparts. There was a handy bar and only a short walk to the beach area. Mahmood at the bar was really friendly and helpful, along with Ahmed on Towels who both looked after us during our stay. The only downside, a lovely view of some un-renovated blocks, which previous guests told us it has been like that for a number of years.

The loungers were dated, some broken – staff made aware, but they were simply put back into service. Pool had bits floating in it every day, along with the Jacuzzi which seemed to develop a scum on top of the water, missing tiles and bits floating on the water.

At the restaurant, the food selection was poor, we really struggled to eat here (apart from Chips/Potatoes – although one day the chef rudely told my partner off for taking too many… surely at All Inclusive you can eat what you want?!) Having stayed at other all-inclusive resorts this one had the worst menu choice. Also, either sitting inside or outside, you would often see groups of birds flying around and picking at food which was left on the tables. The cleaner was creepy, along with Ahmed who tried to call us over to his side of the restaurant, bring us teas/drinks we did not want every mealtime. We tried the Italian restaurant too, the food was slightly better here, but similar to downstairs, set menu and better service, but still not worth raving about.

The snack bar at the pool was not much better – hotdogs, salad, burgers, chips all on offer here, although after we ate there (along with some other guests who we made friends with) we all became ill, which lost us 3 days of our holiday and a costly £60 in medicines at the local pharmacy.

Our cleaner came every day at first, made the beds and brought fresh water and towels every day. He tried to make friends with us, however in the second week he demanded money from us for cleaning the room and then didn’t clean for 3 days – no towels, no sheets, no water!! We complained to guest services who were astounded, the room was cleaned and robe and slippers delivered before being offered a free late checkout on our last day – a small compensation for the anxiety I had been feeling. We saw the cleaner still working at the resort after this.

Entertainment here was lacking – we endured one night of this, a disco and some fire breathers who were the highlight.

After being ill, we tended to eat out at Soho Square which is really close, along with a choice of supermarkets for snacks and drinks. If you want a great meal - the Bombay Indian Resturant is very good for curry, service top notch and 5*!

Every morning we would see the resort management doing the rounds – normally telling the staff off, making them clean areas etc. although they never talk to the hotel guests, and just parade around with their note books and pens. After the morning passed, we never saw any management. Surely not a great way to run a business in my eyes. Guests we spoke to, many with 10 plus visits to the resort told us that new owners, new managers and all the best staff had left and this hotel has deteriorated because of this – they intend not to return, and neither do we! Once a 5 star, 4 star when we booked but actually more 2/3 star at a push.

This was our first trip to Sharm, which seems a lovely place with great scenery, clear seas, snorkelling and of course sun – but if you’re going, enjoy your holiday at another resort.

Room Tip: On arrival you get a towel card - one towel each day of your stay so saves on packing. Don't los...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NB_123440
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our resort to spend your holiday and big thank you for your review. We just hope that all is fine with you. I also, want to assure you that your comments have been noted and we have already taken the necessary actions to tackle them. For your next visit, just drop me an email with any requests and I will make sure that they are sorted for you. we are looking forward to seeing you again in the soon future.
Till we see you again, have a very nice time.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here for 10 nights and had a great time. The staff were friendly and attentive. The rooms need updating and they could do better food. But other than that it was a nice holiday.
The animation team were brilliant! Were very friendly and always up for a laugh! They made my stay here the best! Thats special thanks to Alix, Victoria, Sasha and Bedoo! All of them were very friendly and were just great! The nights out they took me on were brilliant and they looked after us well! Would definitely come back to see them! They became friends!
Also the lifeguard mostafa was friendly and very attentive!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Rach_89136
Our Dear Guest,
It is such a pleasure reading through your review and knowing how much you have enjoyed your holiday. Thanks for visiting us at Island View and many thanks for giving us the chance to be part of your holiday experience.
we all hope that you have had a nice flight home and we will be seeing you again in the soon future.
Before your next holiday drop me an email with any requests you might have and I will see to that.
Till next time, have a wonderful time.
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at island view resort with my fiancé from 2-16th July. As most the reviews state the rooms are desperate to be modernised and the bathrooms are not the cleanest. However this didn't ruin our stay at all..

The food is average and there was always something we liked. The Italian restaurant and fatimers served lovely food!

The pools were very nice and always clean, we spent most of our time round pool 2.

Most the staff at this hotel are great and very friendly. In particular mostafa (the lifeguard from pool 2), Islam (guy from main restaurant) and Ali (the lifeguard from the beach). The animation team are also fab especially vicky, Alix, sasha and bedo.

It's true that the Brits are totally outnumbered by Russians but we had no problems with them at all.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ShaunKayleigh
Our Dear Guest,
Till next time, have a wonderful time.
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at the Island View Resort between July 5-15 2014 along with my husband and 2 daughters aged 17 and 23 and we had a brilliant holiday.
I find it difficult to understand the criticisms of this resort as described in the most recent reviews as we had a really good experience. I would also add that you get what you pay for and this holiday was extremely competitively priced and was good value for money. If we had wanted luxury, then I would expect to have to pay a good deal more.
It is probably true that this hotel requires some investment to update the bedrooms and bathrooms but I found it to be scrupulously clean and should any problems arise, they are dealt with immediately. We had problems with our water supply in the bathroom at one point and this was sorted as soon as we reported it. I can't understand the criticism I read of the bedding as it was so hot, the last thing we wanted was a thick duvet- the bedding we had was fresh and clean and changed daily.
The food in the restaurant was plentiful and we felt it to be varied, although we were aware of some criticisms from other holiday makers. Again, I would say that you get what you pay for- it was fresh and there was always a lot of choice. Breakfast was particularly good.
The staff at the hotel were, without exception absolutely lovely and nothing was too much trouble.
Mostafa, at the pool and Taha in the towel centre were particularly kind and helpful and Ady always had a big smile for us every day.
The waiters in the restaurant took the trouble to remember you, what drinks we wanted and were friendly and welcoming.
I never felt that any of the staff expected to be tipped but when we did tip, they always appeared to be surprised and very grateful.
We were aware that during our stay it was Ramadan and consequently most of the hotel staff were fasting during the day. With temperatures of up to 45 degrees it must have been really difficult to work and not eat or drink but they all managed it without it appearing to affect their mood or performance.
Myself and my daughters had several treatments in the spa, including massages and facials, which were as good as, if not better than I have had in England and also very cheap. My husband used the gym daily and was happy with it, especially the running machine.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted value, friendliness and courtesy and a relaxing experience. Don't go here if you want to mix with British people as part of your holiday experience, as it has about 90% Russian residents! who can be a bit abrupt and our experience was that many don't go out of their way to be friendly.
This was the first time we have been to Egypt and would definitely like to return again in the future. Not only did we enjoy the sun, the clear seas and the snorkelling, we were particularly impressed with the kindness and courtesy of the Egyptian people.

Room Tip: Specify if a ground floor room is requires and if you need to be near to amenities as it is on a fai...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family