“Fantastic holiday!!!”
Review of Island View Resort

Island View Resort
Ranked #57 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Well where do I start... If your the type of people who will find fault with bits of broken tiles and rust spots in the bathroom then this hotel is probably not for you as the bathrooms could definitely do with a bit of TLC. But let's talk about what really makes a holiday special as let's face it how long do you spend in your hotel room.
The staff are without doubt what makes this a hotel that is worth returning to time after time. Special mentions have to go to the following people.
JAMAICA - he totally epitomises what hotel animation teams should be, he was a delight from morning until night and totally lived and breathed his job, whilst showing true enthusiasm and interest in all the guests! Probably one of the best iv ever encountered.
HASSAN (Restaurant if unsure in case there's more than one he had amazingly long eyelashes)
What can I say about him that really speaks volumes about the levels of service he showed us. He kept our table for us for every meal and looked after us like he was our personal butler, credit to the hotel!
MOHAMMED (lifeguard) delightful! Every morning he would spot me approaching the pool and always dashed over to take my towels off me and sort the sunbeds out, he was a lovely guy who always offered a smile and a welcome.
Another huge thank you must go to Mahmoud Selmy. We had a slight issue on arrival with the dates which was no fault of the hotel, but it was handled by two gentleman on reception who were excellent, but having had a six hour flight to have to deal and with this on top we weren't best pleased but a hand on My partners shoulder from Mahmoud reassuring us that it would be taken care of meant an awful lot. He then acknowledged us every day and took time to chat and get to know us. On our last day he did everything in his power to make sure we had a room to get showered in and thoroughly helped us finish off our time in the hotel in a very special and caring way. I can totally understand why he is front office manager.
Location is superb on the doorstep to soho square plus the private beach is a bonus. One gripe is the wifi in reception areas should be complimentary.
Many thanks again to all the staff for making it a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sue H
Reda A, Quality Control Manager at Island View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Our Dear Guest,
It is such a pleasure reading through your review and knowing how much you have enjoyed your holiday. Thanks for visiting us at Island View and many thanks for giving us the chance to be part of your holiday experience.
we all hope that you have had a nice flight home and we will be seeing you again in the soon future.
Before your next holiday drop me an email with any requests you might have and I will see to that.
Till next time, have a wonderful time.

There are newer reviews for Island View Resort

Reviewed 4 August 2014

this is the 2nd time at this hotel, the room's are very tired, no up date from out last visit which was 4 year's, but the grounds and pool's are kept very very clean, the staff are friendly and help full, there was 4 in our party, my husband, son and granddaughter and my self, the animation team were also good, but Vicky and Alix 2 english girl's on the animation team were brill, warm helpful made you feel family alway's asking if every thing was alright, and making a point of coming to speak to us every day, alway's telling us what was going on for that day, both girl's were brill. Jenn and Jimmy

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jenny h

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our resort to spend your holiday and big thank you for your review. We just hope that all is fine with you. I also, want to assure you that your comments have been noted and we will be acting on them (sooner than later). For your next visit, just drop me an email with any requests and I will make sure that they are sorted for you. we are looking forward to seeing you again in the soon future.
Till we see you again, have a very nice time.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I booked a last minute deal with my boyfriend and was weary about the hotel as we've always stayed in the royal albatross moderna which is also beautiful. On arrival to the hotel we had cold drinks waiting for us and was shown to our hotel room which is massive! Like other peoples reviews have said the bathroom could do with a new suite, however saying that it was still very clean. I am a very fussy eater and I always found something to eat, the food was beautiful! We never had a bad belly until we ate out at tgis in strada!!! It was awful I would not recommend! People have also said that this hotel is 5 mins away from soho square, that's not true at all you walk out the hotel and your are in soho! Which is brilliant! They have free wifi which we enjoyed as the hotel prices were 30 le for half an hour... The hotel grounds and pools are beautiful! We had a very good time up until getting ill from tgis. The hotel staff were brilliant we had free room service as we were too ill to sit in the restaurant :( don't listen to the bad reviews, we wasn't expecting much from this hotel as the photos don't really do it justice, but we were so shocked at how nice it was! you won't be disappointed! We wasn't! Also book your excursions through 'ottoman' he had great prices and made the trips brilliant!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 230 and could see the sea even though we didn't pay for a sea view!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kendell o

Our Dear Guest,
Till next time, have a wonderful time.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Generally, I'd recommend this resort, but you have to talk to the receptionist to give you a nice & clean room.
Everything else is OK; the animation team (Vicki , Alix , Jamaica , Barbara , Kristina ....etc) are amazing , the receptionists are very friendly & helpful , the pools are clean , the resort design is beautiful , the beach & corals are amazing , the food is very good.

Room Tip: choose a room that is near the beach not the reception.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank David N

Dear Guest,

Thank you for trusting our resort to be your home for the duration of your stay. And many thanks for your very nice positive feedback. It is so overwhelming to know that we managed to make your holiday an enjoyable one and we trust that you will be among many of our loyal guests and you will always choose our resort for holidaying. for next visit, you can email me before arriving with any requests you will have and i will see to them.
Till we meet you gain and have the chance to be serving you again, have a fantastic time.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I recently visited this hotel with family and friends and I must give a massive thumbs up to ali the lifeguard and the recreation team on the beach . There amazing lads and never stop working . There on the go from morning to night .Ali is always watching the water as well as keeping ppl happy with his silly comments and noises . The kids love him and he does the best job to the best of his ability . As busy as it's been here he always makes u feel welcome and safe . The team he works with are great guys and always make sure the beach an customers are clean an in safe hands. They all do a great job . As for the rest of the staff at the hotel there so friendly . The animations team are great and you can have a great giggle with them . The bar staff at pool one are friendly and welcoming and all he staff in the dining hall are great too . The food is lovely with such a vast variety of food and the place is always spotless . I would definitely go back here and recommend to others .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bigbird75 S
Netti2014, Guest Relations Manager at Island View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Value Costumer,

Dear Valued Guest,

Sunny Greetings from Sharm El Sheikh!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and memories about your stay with us,

It appears we met your expectations and you had a very relaxing and memorable holiday.

I will also pass on your appreciation to those staff members you have mentioned in order to acknowledge them for their efforts in making your stay a comfortable one.

Guest Relation Manager

Kindly be assured that your comments will be

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was our 4th visit to this wonderful hotel and it was better than we remembered .

We have stayed here on 3 previous holidays with family and friends and there has been some changes ,but for the better .we were given an instant upgrade for a return visit to a suite and we had gowns and fruit delivered to our rooms which was lovely and made you feel special.
the positives :
They are having rooms renovated and one of the pools were closed which did not affect our stay. but we still had a good choice of pools and they were very clean and there was no problem getting beds or places each day
pool 4 was by far our best choice and the pool boys Karif , Akmed and barman Mamood were excellent and could not be more helpful for our needs
The Hollywood bar was where we spent most of our evenings the barman also Akmed was a lovely young man who also catered for our needs without any hesitation.
Annette the guest relations is also a wonderful lady who dealt with any queries we had immediately and came to speak with us every day to catch up which was very comforting and made us feel very welcome.
negatives:
The food was edible but was very repetitive of which the choices were few
there are two other restaurants you have to book to eat in which were ok but again the choices were limited.
Hollywood bar was not used enough for entertainment which was a shame as we felt it was a good place to go of an evening.
The animation team (some English) we did not really see until the evenings and we felt that the entertainment was aimed more for the younger people. And was held at pool 4 which we felt was not very accommodating for everyone as there was not much seating and it was quite dark. The Amphitheatre would have been more suitable and was easy to get to from the dining room and bars.
yes the rooms are tired but work is in progress for modernisation and they were still cleaned to a high speck.
overall our stay was wonderful and the staff are the most excellent we have ever met on our visits to Egypt .we would return and hopefully receive the same hospitality as we had this year.

Room Tip: go for a suite if you don't like sitting on your bed they are comfortable with a separate seatin...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lyndabriers
Netti2014, Manager at Island View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Sunny Greetings from Sharm El Sheikh!

I will also pass on your appreciation to those other staff members you have mentioned in order to acknowledge them for their efforts in making your stay a comfortable one.
Kindly be assured that you comments regarding food and entertainment will be pass onto our departments.

We would love to welcome you again in the future and if you do decide to return please do not hesitate to contact me at annett.zwingmann@islandview-egypt.com with any requests we may be able to help you with.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

this was a very last minute holiday so didnt really look before i went the travel agent suggested this one on the phone so i didnt really know what to expect, To start with the reception and main bar all look very presentable. checked in promptly and met with a welcome drink. Then i was taken to my room and on the surface the room seemed great, huge king size bed nice balcony and clean. Tv was quite dated but worked well enough there was about 3 channels to choose from in english. But my front door was loose and it was pretty easy to get in without a key so i did worry about the security and left everything in the safe. Also the shower had loose fittings and you had to lift the shower door to slide it closed and open. The Air con didnt seem that effective but it was 48c on the hottest day. I had a nice pool view which was right next to main building so ideally situated. Some of the rooms at the back of the hotel looked like they had seen better days. The hotel split was probably around 85% Russian 15% UK. I actually had no issue with the Russians except one who tried to push infront of me in the queue. The food was the area that let it down it was the same food i did not see any variation to it. it was ok but if your fussy you might struggle. They did do a BBQ which was ok and the pool bar again was ok but not great. I didnt go to the italian as you have to be up early. The wi fi was quite reasonable cost about £25 for a 6day pass. The pool was ice cold which was fantastic but i didnt see why the swim to pool bar was not being used? Mcdonalds deliver to your hotel for very reasonable prices and it is the best Mcdonalds i have had in my life. regular shuttle bus to the beach where it is still all inclusive or it is only a short walk. The staff in the hotel could mostly all speak english although i would say russian was their best language. The animation staff was very good. With special mention to M-Jaye who got me out clubbing nearly every night during my stay. he was very good and spoke with all the English guests daily, and made my holiday much more enjoyable. Many thanks.

All in all i had a great holiday, food could be improved, service excellent from most of the staff. Great animation team but i would like to see the hotel invest more in the entertainment as some nights it was pretty dire. and spend some time repairing some of the bits around the hotel. also a basketball hoop would be a nice addition.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Russ87

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Island View Resort!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am happy to read you had a great time with us

Your comments regarding the entertainment and food will be pass to the departments and we will work hard to improve ourselves.

We would love to welcome you back again in the near future so if you decide to return please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.