Well where do I start... If your the type of people who will find fault with bits of broken tiles and rust spots in the bathroom then this hotel is probably not for you as the bathrooms could definitely do with a bit of TLC. But let's talk about what really makes a holiday special as let's face it how long do you spend in your hotel room.
The staff are without doubt what makes this a hotel that is worth returning to time after time. Special mentions have to go to the following people.
JAMAICA - he totally epitomises what hotel animation teams should be, he was a delight from morning until night and totally lived and breathed his job, whilst showing true enthusiasm and interest in all the guests! Probably one of the best iv ever encountered.
HASSAN (Restaurant if unsure in case there's more than one he had amazingly long eyelashes)
What can I say about him that really speaks volumes about the levels of service he showed us. He kept our table for us for every meal and looked after us like he was our personal butler, credit to the hotel!
MOHAMMED (lifeguard) delightful! Every morning he would spot me approaching the pool and always dashed over to take my towels off me and sort the sunbeds out, he was a lovely guy who always offered a smile and a welcome.
Another huge thank you must go to Mahmoud Selmy. We had a slight issue on arrival with the dates which was no fault of the hotel, but it was handled by two gentleman on reception who were excellent, but having had a six hour flight to have to deal and with this on top we weren't best pleased but a hand on My partners shoulder from Mahmoud reassuring us that it would be taken care of meant an awful lot. He then acknowledged us every day and took time to chat and get to know us. On our last day he did everything in his power to make sure we had a room to get showered in and thoroughly helped us finish off our time in the hotel in a very special and caring way. I can totally understand why he is front office manager.
Location is superb on the doorstep to soho square plus the private beach is a bonus. One gripe is the wifi in reception areas should be complimentary.
Many thanks again to all the staff for making it a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the splendid Shark Bay with its own house reef you will find in this "Ultra All - Inclusive" 5 star (country category) Resort everything you wish. The four large pool areas, the splendid arranged garden, with water falls and canals, the spaciously designed rooms and junior suites are the ideal venues for your family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Island View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Island View Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sunrise Island View Egypt
- Hotel Sunrise Island View
- Sunrise Island View Hotel