I writing this review very late as I didn't have chance to do it when we arrive a back from holiday in May . We have absolutely amazing time.All staff worked very well and went the extra mile to give us extra service. I was that time 4 months pregnant and worried about hygiene and food safety. I am catering manger and this was really important for me. I didn't have any problems at all. Seen hygiene audit done in front of me as well to confirm not to worried about anything. Food was mostly average but you can always find something what you like. 3 more restaurants are available to you as well. Mostly enjoyed Italian and Sea food one. Restaurant manager Hazem was helpful all the time. Very good and organize service. Downfall was only lots of birds mainly in outside restaurant area and people feeding them. Enjoyed bar near reception as all staff was really nice, polite and helpful.
Cleanliness was really good standard even the hotel its with old furniture and need updating. Beach was lovely with 2 jetty to get in to a sea and great Recreation manager to help every time you need it . 3 pools open. We was mostly using pool 4 ( near sea) where I found I could relax mostly.
Receptionists are very helpful. If you have any health problem, use doctor on side. Don't go to pharmacy a cross the road without seen doctor first if you don't want to be ripped off. I make that mistake.
We couldn't do many trips as I wasn't allowed as pregnant but we done glass boat trip booked on beach. Guys there are very helpful and have a good price for trips.
Its too many Russian tourists, some of them very polite and nice but some of them very rude and arrogant not just other holiday makers but mostly staff who trying do they best and working long hard hours.
Been in Egypt and listening Russian music was driving me mad.If I wish to go to Russia I would buy different ticket!! I spoke with staff and it was great they change music for Arabic for me. I am in Egypt ( Arabic country) and would like to listen Arabic music and experience this culture.
If you enjoying massage you will need to haggle your price down to get good deal. I can't fault mine:)
Hotel have few problems with internet connection in end of our trip and couldn't always relay on it.
We have great help before arriving and thou part of our stay by Shellie Wilson - Quality and guest manager. Unfortunately she left hotel before we did. She was massive help and it shame to loosing her.
Over all we have fantastic time. I would definitely come back after our daughter its born.
Thank you all staff for hard work and we will be back .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the splendid Shark Bay with its own house reef you will find in this "Ultra All - Inclusive" 5 star (country category) Resort everything you wish. The four large pool areas, the splendid arranged garden, with water falls and canals, the spaciously designed rooms and junior suites are the ideal venues for your family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Island View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Island View Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sunrise Island View Egypt
- Hotel Sunrise Island View
- Sunrise Island View Hotel