“not sure how i feel about this hotel.”

Verginia Sharm Resort
Ranked #161 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“not sure how i feel about this hotel.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

the price we paid for the hotel was very reasonable, considering the cleanliness and well working the room was )the air con and the fridge, etc). however, i was not at all happy with the running of the bar and restaurant and also the entertainment, the bar opens at 6 (1 hour before dinner)and shuts at 10 (an hour after dinner finishes) which doesn't leave much time to get your drinks in and if you are all inclusive you dont get a lot for your money, also drinks (even beer) is given in children sized glasses and especially in that heat you need to drink a lot but you have to constantly get up and go to the bar for refills. The food had no variety to taste or style and was very bland, there is no order in the kitchen and staff will serve the rude people who blatantly push in before the people who have waited a long time politely, which when queuing for pasta, you are there for a length of time waiting anyway. As for the entertainment...it is very dull and repetitive, if you aare there for over a week you have to watch the entertainment over again as they do the same each night every week, it also finishs early at 10:30 which is good for familys with young childrens but by this time no one wants to go to bed but the bar is shut for all inclusive and you have to turn to paying. The entertainers however are lovely people and very funny, there is just no variety. considering all thee downsides the links to places and tourist attractions are good and most the staff are lovely chatty people but the thing that really topped my opinion was the fact that we were kicked out tthe room at 12 and had our bands cut off and were refused drinks until we left at 6:30 in the evening in 43 degrees, not even a glass of water although we were all inclusive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank luc300997

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had an amazing time at this hotel. The staff are very helpful and faultless. The hotel was clean and fresh. My room was very clean as was the bathroom. I would like to really thank the animation team, especially Samara who runs animation. He was always talking and involving everyone through out the day and put on some truly wonderful entertainment for all. I had a really enjoyable time. The bar was run expertly by Mohamed, he was polite well mannered and couldn't be more helpful. He keep the bar area clean and tidy. The service he provides is excellent, the best bar I've been to in Sharm and I'm sure that's down to how well it is run. I will be recommending this hotel to anyone who is to visit Sharm. I will be returning in the autumn. Thanks again for an amazing holiday.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank cfreeman28
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I booked an all inclusive at the Verginia Sharm for a week for less than £300 including transfers. For this I wasn't expecting the Hilton. What you do get is the universal Egyptian courtesy from the staff who couldn't be faulted.
The hotel is quite a crowded set of buildings with a central pool area on a smallish plot. They have utilised the space available very well but I can imagine that during peak tourist times this would be a very crowded area.
The food is as you would expect it to be. Some will always complain about the food unless they are getting a full English breakfast, fish & chips and a roast dinner. This is an Egyptian budget hotel catering for multiple nationalities. Take this into account and I think the food is good.
The promised private beach is a bit of a joke :-) It is actually an area that anyone can access although it has sunbeds and parasols. There is a bar area but this is not included in the price. It is about a 5 minute drive away on the scheduled bus but there are, as always, plenty of taxis waiting to help. Please make sure they take you to the right beach though, they tried to take me to a private beach that charges. The "beach" is in fact a hard coral shelf with a small sandy area and a pontoon leading out passed the reef. It is a "private" beach for several hotels but, as I mentioned, anyone can get access.
As I say at the start, excellent value for money if you're not expecting luxury.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank DanWingrove
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

There are so many good things I can say about this hotel, and I can not really say anything bad, as my experience was almost perfect.

First of all - please take all bad reviews with a pinch of salt and go with an open mind if you book this hotel (highly recommended).

Check in - This is speedy, efficient, professional and friendly in nature. We arrived at almost 11-30pm at night and we were instantly made to feel welcome and shown our comfortable room.

Room service - The way room service is ran is amazing. If you want a drink to your room after 10pm like we did (for all inclusive) then cocktails are only the equivalent of £1.50 each, or £1.00 each for a big cup of tea or coffee. For a whole burger or hotdog meal (extremely well cooked) including chips and salad, you pay £15 Egyptian pound which is about £1.50...it is extremely good value and they work so hard.

Staff - All the staff cannot do enough for you, they open doors for you, bring you what you want to drink in the restaurant during meal times, and even get to know what you want after three to four days so you don't even need to ask for it, they see you there and then get what you want brought to you without even needing to say what you'd like (unless you want a change of drink of course). During our stay, there was one near drowning experience in the pool (a little girl fell in) and a medical emergency in the dining room and both incidents were handled amazingly well by staff and management alike.

Hotel facilities: Everything is clean, and there is a doctor on site 24/7. The doctor is amazing, he is so understanding of medical problems and ensures you get the best care around should you need it. My mum needed the doctor three times, and I was not worried about her while she was under his care, he is an absolute gem, so if you get bitten or need lots of medical attention for any reason whilst at this hotel - please have no hesitation at all to ask for the doctor.
The hotel is very clean and maintained to a very high standard. The rooms are basic, but that is all you need as you don't spend the whole holiday in your room - I see the basicness as an advantage. The room was cleaned daily to an absolute high standard - Eslam is so professional. The only minor things I would say about the rooms are that there are no tea making facilities or glasses in the rooms for bought bottles of soda in the room - but again this is totally minor and does not detract from the greatness of the stay, as tea and drinks were available very readily.

Management - If you have any problems, they sort things out for you immediately, and they are very customer/hotel user friendly. We got over charged by the hotel shop for chocolate and within minutes it was sorted and we had £50 Egyptian back in our hands. For those reviews that suggest the hotel manager is not around and doesn't care.......you should be ashamed of yourselves, he spoke to us everyday and we even had a drink and got photos with him a few days before we left. He is very approachable and friendly, and does not think he is better than you. All the management are amazing and I thank them for letting us stay at this amazing hotel.

Food - Perfect - no complaints from us - always plenty and lots to choose from. Absolutely no chance of getting a dodgey stomach from the food here so find your cause elsewhere if you get a stomach upset.

I hope we return soon.
Oh and for those who still doubt the General manager is around at all........I have added a picture of him with us, and I am missing the hotel and everything to do with it already.

Thanks for an awesome stay.

Sally and Margaret.

Room Tip: Room #2012 is absolutely fantastic and close to all areas of need - such as the pool, the reception...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank sawhit0
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I had the privelege to stay at the Verginia hotel between the 4th and 25th May 2014 and I can say this is the best hotel visited so far in Sharm (we have stayed in many hotels in Egypt previously,some of which were big name brands of international standard but did not match the standards here)

Reception staff were helpful.The rooms adequate and sheets,towels changed everyday and cleaned to a high standard.

Communal areas extremely clean ,pool boy very courteous as were all of the staff.The two bars served bottled cold beer (some hotels pass off beer which is beer coloured only) and spirits which were acceptable.

The pool is a goods size and there are sufficient sun beds.

Now for the" jewel in the crown"

The restaurant was quite simply excellent, the chefs (wearing lily white clean uniforms,with protective gloves when serving the varied dishes, not previously seen in Egypt were a reassuring sight in a country were gastro intestinal illness can ruin a holiday)were very professional in their role ,Full marks to the "executive chef" who made a point of patrolling the restaurant gathering feed back from the customers .He was excellent. No doubt his imput in the kitchen helped in making the food varied, tasty and a joy to consume. Well done.

I have read previous reviews which are very critical of everything in this hotel, THEY ARE WRONG. This is the first time I have written a review but thought clearly mischievous comments previously posted are completely without basis.

Finally, I will be returning to this hotel next year. well worth the money

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank PKH261
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I arrive at the sol verginia on the 11 th off May the bellboy mahmoud was the 1st person to meet us he had a big smile and welcome us back .... He took our luggage and took us to reception..... Taha checked us in then we were shown to our room.... Next morning I asked to have our room changed which was done on request ....Ehab came to our room then he took us to a lovely big room he was my life saver and has become a really good friend... Tamel the guy on reception was always very helpful if we needed help.... Also Wassem the reception manager he was always polite and greeted us with a lovely smile thank you for all you help the hotel is very clean and well cared for ..... Then the pool boy Mohamed each morning he was there to greet us with a smile always had our towels ready for us there was nothing he wouldn't do.....in the resturant when entering the waiters where there to assist our every need .... The food was amazing always prepared fresh for us ... They always made us food we liked to eat ..... I would also like to say a big thank you to our lit chef he was a diamond made sure we ate ..... Also to the chef who made my birthday cake it was amazing ....while I was at the sol verginia I became very ill and the dr was sent for.... Dr Merna was amazing he treated me to very high standards he went beyond his call off duty so a big thank you to him .... The cleaner of our room did this to high standards ... The laundry service was excellent ... Room service was also excellent last but not least the general manager is a man off his word so a big big thank you Foad for making me laugh and doing me my birthday party ..... If you are thinking off having a holiday in sharm El Shake I would recommend the sol verginia ... They treat all there guest with respect and cater for there every need .... This is my second home and all the staff our like family so a big big thank you to every one who works at the sol verginia and a specially to Dr Merna,,,, Ehab .... Wassem......and last but not least Foad Sabah El Khear to you all ... Your not only my friends but also my family thank you for making my stay a happy one

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Hot bimbo
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My 1st being in Egypt!
The Hotel has good quality personal, espesshially Mr.Mahmoud at the pool bar.The best barmen I've ever seen. Mahmoud, thanks to you from Oksana and Max!
Behind the hotel there is the cheapest shop of tea, papirus etc (have been in Dahaab and Naama bay - there is bigger price, belive).
The hotel has pool, dance, its own bus - free to the beach and Naama bay! Also try their spechial offer - sea food dinner, just 10$ for nice dinner.
Try to use coral beach at list 2times-there are awesome corals and different kind of fish inside.

Room Tip: no, there is no sense - all rooms are simular
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple