“Lovely first visit to Egypt ”

Verginia Sharm Resort
Ranked #155 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This was my first time in Egypt this hotel was recommended to me by my friend Christine, I was very pleased by the hotel the rooms were nice and clean the staff was very attentive samara and his animation team were extremely friendly and put on excellent entertainment, I would also like to thank Mohamed Ahmed the barman upstairs for being continually friendly and helpful to me and my family he made our holiday for us with his continual helpfulness and willing to please ( a very hard worker and a credit to your establishment ) thanks for a memorable holiday

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Suziewarden

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I revisited in May of this year and are planning on going back in November. I again had a wonderful holiday the hotel was clean and the staff were excellent as always. The staff could not do more to make your stay a pleasant one. The food has improved which is great. The entertainment is amazing, I was glad to see Samara Hass again he is the guy who superbly runs the animation team and is always around to keep all guests happy and entertained. The bar is also excellent and still run by Mohamed Ahmed who is one of the friendliest and helpful barmen I have ever met. I have thoroughly enjoyed my visit again and hope to see Samara and Mohamed and all the other wonderful staff again in November. Thanks again for a wonderful time. I would recommend if your going to Sharm, then Verginia sharm is the hotel to visit for a good holiday.

Room Tip: I always stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Katie J
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel needs a better choice of food, more fruits and dairy products.
Waiters have to be more professional.
Chefs have done well in their job with what they were given.
Bartenders are excellent if they are willing to work. :)
Well, after all, we had a pretty nice vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Saša V
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Just come back from my first time in Egypt with my family, the hotel was brilliant , nice clean rooms, staff were amazing so nice, made sure we had drinks at the table all the time at meal times(their were six of us ) food was lovely, always chatting and smiling. The pool guy made sure our towels were in the same spot we wanted every morning, I am a head house keeper for a big company and their standards of cleaning are high in Egypt at this hotel I was very impressed X thank u to all of u making my family holiday amazing.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Samantha W
Reviewed 24 July 2014

the price we paid for the hotel was very reasonable, considering the cleanliness and well working the room was )the air con and the fridge, etc). however, i was not at all happy with the running of the bar and restaurant and also the entertainment, the bar opens at 6 (1 hour before dinner)and shuts at 10 (an hour after dinner finishes) which doesn't leave much time to get your drinks in and if you are all inclusive you dont get a lot for your money, also drinks (even beer) is given in children sized glasses and especially in that heat you need to drink a lot but you have to constantly get up and go to the bar for refills. The food had no variety to taste or style and was very bland, there is no order in the kitchen and staff will serve the rude people who blatantly push in before the people who have waited a long time politely, which when queuing for pasta, you are there for a length of time waiting anyway. As for the entertainment...it is very dull and repetitive, if you aare there for over a week you have to watch the entertainment over again as they do the same each night every week, it also finishs early at 10:30 which is good for familys with young childrens but by this time no one wants to go to bed but the bar is shut for all inclusive and you have to turn to paying. The entertainers however are lovely people and very funny, there is just no variety. considering all thee downsides the links to places and tourist attractions are good and most the staff are lovely chatty people but the thing that really topped my opinion was the fact that we were kicked out tthe room at 12 and had our bands cut off and were refused drinks until we left at 6:30 in the evening in 43 degrees, not even a glass of water although we were all inclusive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank luc300997
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had an amazing time at this hotel. The staff are very helpful and faultless. The hotel was clean and fresh. My room was very clean as was the bathroom. I would like to really thank the animation team, especially Samara who runs animation. He was always talking and involving everyone through out the day and put on some truly wonderful entertainment for all. I had a really enjoyable time. The bar was run expertly by Mohamed, he was polite well mannered and couldn't be more helpful. He keep the bar area clean and tidy. The service he provides is excellent, the best bar I've been to in Sharm and I'm sure that's down to how well it is run. I will be recommending this hotel to anyone who is to visit Sharm. I will be returning in the autumn. Thanks again for an amazing holiday.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank cfreeman28
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I booked an all inclusive at the Verginia Sharm for a week for less than £300 including transfers. For this I wasn't expecting the Hilton. What you do get is the universal Egyptian courtesy from the staff who couldn't be faulted.
The hotel is quite a crowded set of buildings with a central pool area on a smallish plot. They have utilised the space available very well but I can imagine that during peak tourist times this would be a very crowded area.
The food is as you would expect it to be. Some will always complain about the food unless they are getting a full English breakfast, fish & chips and a roast dinner. This is an Egyptian budget hotel catering for multiple nationalities. Take this into account and I think the food is good.
The promised private beach is a bit of a joke :-) It is actually an area that anyone can access although it has sunbeds and parasols. There is a bar area but this is not included in the price. It is about a 5 minute drive away on the scheduled bus but there are, as always, plenty of taxis waiting to help. Please make sure they take you to the right beach though, they tried to take me to a private beach that charges. The "beach" is in fact a hard coral shelf with a small sandy area and a pontoon leading out passed the reef. It is a "private" beach for several hotels but, as I mentioned, anyone can get access.
As I say at the start, excellent value for money if you're not expecting luxury.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo