My wife and i have just returned from a weeks stay at the Baron Palms 28/05/2012.
If you are reading this review then you either have booked this hotel and are looking for reasurances that you have made a good choice or you are considering booking it.If you have booked it rest assured you have made a fantastic choice if you havent booked it go book it now.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough the whole experience was fantastic and while trip advisor reviews are subjective to each persons experience please be assured this is a genuine review , i have posted previous reviews on other properties so feel free to check these out for confirmation.
The hotel is amazing the standard of presentation and cleaning throughout and attention to detail is superb.Our room 420 was spotlessly clean with air conditioning,security safe,toiletries,bath robes and flip flops all provided free of charge. The young man who cleaned the room every day did an excellent job and was very polite and friendly (hotel management please take note and reward this young man ) There is even a pillow menu whereby you can phone and request a different type of pillow. The room had a 32 inch flat screen tv with a number of english speaking channels. The room was bright and spacious and had a good size balcony overlooking the gardens. It was very quiet as it was away from the pool area ,a room upgrade is available to pool view however if you like peace and quiet then it is good. The balcony did not get full sun on it at any time however given the fact that you will not be in your room much during the day it is not a problem . If you require sun for sunbathing on balcony etc then upgrade to a pool view as these get the sun on them.
The pool area was superb again very clean and well maintained as were all the garden areas ,the photos in the tour operators web site do not do this justice. The pool area is large and there are plenty of sunloungers to go around although usual numpties are up at the crack of dawn to reserve them however not a problem as you will still get some.
The private beach is about a 5 min walk and is accessed by going through the pool area and along the baron boulevard this is a small section of shops and although you may have read previous reviews about hassle from shopkeepers etc it is all good natured and not pressured just be polite and firm and they will leave you alone.
The beach itself is stunning there are free sunloungers and parasolls provided and there is a beach bar. The water is very shallow and you can only walk out about thirty feet before it gets very rocky and the lifeguard will blow his whistle and beckon you to go back however this is enough to go in and cool down. If you want to swim you have to walk out the floating jetty and swim from the end of it. There is a coral reef at the end of the jetty and it is very good to snorkel from although it can be quite choppy so you need to be a confident swimmer.
The guys at the pool bar are excellent and there service is amazing after a couple of days they get to know your drink and you will be lying on the sunlounger and they will just appear with a drink for you (Ali from the beach bar thank you for excellent service) all the staff at the bar were good but ali,s service was exceptional.
There is a small desk as you enter beach and if you take your towel card with you you will be given a beach towel just hand them the card and you get it back when you hand in the towel at the end of the day, there is also a towel bar at the bottom of the pool area.
I am running out of space now so will continue on a second review
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An enchanting location, rooted in timeless attraction; a palette of colors: blue skies, red mountains, green landscapes, turquoise sea, and golden sands, are simple descriptions of this five-star boutique-style deluxe Hotel, with an adults only concept. The award-winning Andalucian-style with Moroccan design features Resort setup amid more than 150 palm trees, offers high-quality accommodation and a wealth of onsite facilities all combined to make it 'A New Tropical Heaven'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com and Southall Travel so you can book your Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Palms Hotel
- Baron Palms Sharm El Sheikh