Just got back from 8 nights at the Baron Palms Hotel with my wife.We had an excellent time .The hotel is smaller than its neighbours which are massive ,and so I think its a better vibe and more inclusive if that makes any sense.
We went for an all inclusive deal which was fantastic .Unless you want more obscure cocktail ,all drinks and food are free ( apart from mini bar and room service )
There is a buffet meal 3 times a day with a large variety available ,I know some people have written mediocre reviews about the food but its never gonna be Gordon Ramsay ..however i thought it was delicious.There are two other restaurants as well ,the only gripe i had was that the meat can be a bit tough in the pool restaurant...but hey its the desert and next to the sea ..I didn't see a herd of jersey cows anywhere..stick to fish ,its fresh and delicious.
The rooms are clean ,comfy and quiet and the shower is very strong and there is free bottled water.
Downstairs there is a wonderful machine where you throw in your english cash or card and get egyptian currency back at a really good rate ..so simple and so no hassle trying to find a bank or a local black market!
It would be better if the hotel had smaller change for tipping money ,because even though the service is great ,its even better with a tip ..and also they really deserve it ,the staff are so friendly and helpful.
The pools are magnificent ,just check out the pictures ,but we preferred to spend our days on the beach sunbathing ,snorkelling and playing volleybal with very competitive Russians...if you are no good they won't pass the ball to you.
The beach is beautiful with its own resident camel and to go snorkelling you have to walk to the end of a jetty ,this is too protect the coral and its not a big deal ..the snorkelling is AMAZING tho,definitely do it even if you are gonna laze by the pool the rest of the time .
We did an extra snorkelling trip to Tiram island which was £ 20 each and well worth it ,different reef,shipwreck etc ,highly recommended
Lunch is served on the beach also,but is a much stripped back affair so mostly we ended up walking back to the buffet.
There's great music on the terrace at night and also events that take place in a small amphitheatre,these are not tacky and are quite enjoyable especially due to the passion of the Animation team ( who run all the events in the hotel and on the beach ) who are all so hard working and enthusiastic that it is infectious and goes to enhance your overall stay ...thanks Mosi!
Its a nice mix of guests ,more family orientated ..we will bring our kids next time
So overall ,highly recommended ,we will be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An enchanting location, rooted in timeless attraction; a palette of colors: blue skies, red mountains, green landscapes, turquoise sea, and golden sands, are simple descriptions of this five-star boutique-style deluxe Hotel, with an adults only concept. The award-winning Andalucian-style with Moroccan design features Resort setup amid more than 150 palm trees, offers high-quality accommodation and a wealth of onsite facilities all combined to make it 'A New Tropical Heaven'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Palms Hotel
- Baron Palms Sharm El Sheikh