This was our first time in Egypt so we did not know exactly what to expect.
When we arrived (after a 15 min transfer) from the airport we were greeted at reception with a welcome drink while the people in front of us were checked in. Our check in was quick and the bell captain took our cases and showed us to our room. Although we were to late to get dinner, a tray of food was brought to our room.
Because of the trouble in Cairo and the upcoming elections the hotel was only running at about 15 to 20% capacity so there were nearly as many staff as guests which was great for us.
There were only ever about 20 people around the pool at any one time and the pool attendant would come around with cold flannels, spray you with cold rose water and clean your sun glasses if needed. Each lunchtime we ate in the poolside restaurant where they did salads, pastas, pizza, burgers and other meat dishes and in the evening this became the candlelit restaurant with a more comprehensive menu. We also used the Egyptian restaurant on one occasion which was superb and all part of the all inclusive package.
Our room was kept spotlessly clean by the housekeeping team as was the whole hotel. The animation team worked really hard and a special mention must go to Sasha and Zoe who made us work hard each day with their aqua aerobics sessions. They also put on some real good shows in the amphitheatre but it must be somewhat disheartening when there is only about 20 people watching their performances. The Chinese circus the Egyptian night and the fire show are definitely ones to look out for.
We must say a real big thank you to every member of staff from the gardeners to the General manager for making this the most relaxing week we have ever spent anywhere. Everybody was so friendly and attentive and most guests said they would definitely come back again.
One point I would like to make is that if you are sitting in the outside bar you cannot hear the piano player in the lobby/ reception, maybe some kind of speaker feed ?
Thank you again and we will see you soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An enchanting location, rooted in timeless attraction; a palette of colors: blue skies, red mountains, green landscapes, turquoise sea, and golden sands, are simple descriptions of this five-star boutique-style deluxe Hotel, with an adults only concept. The award-winning Andalucian-style with Moroccan design features Resort setup amid more than 150 palm trees, offers high-quality accommodation and a wealth of onsite facilities all combined to make it 'A New Tropical Heaven'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Palms Hotel
- Baron Palms Sharm El Sheikh