“service at its best”

Ranked #16 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
chester england
“service at its best”
Reviewed 4 May 2009

have just returned after 2 weeks of the best service at any hotel that we have stayed in anywhere in the world.cannot fault a single member of staff right from the room cleaners up to the management, who were available at all times ensuring your stay was one to remember.beach was excellent good snorkelling along the reef, and beach bar was a good place for a drink and lunchtime meals, mustapha was a star .must mention that long trousers MUST be worn in all restaurants in the evening, this is strictly adhered to , to the point of turning you away if you don't wear them,so gent's ,take your long kegs.emily at cutomer relations is a star , nothing is to much for her,and she made our stay that bit more special.I would recommend this hotel to anyone ,in the confidence of knowing that there holiday would be as good as the one we have just returned from.mike and pam from chester

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sussex
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Congratulations to all involved this is the cleanest hotel we have ever visited. There must be ghost cleaners around because although the toilets were spotless at all times we never saw anyone cleaning them!!!

We were so pleased to find the short walk to the beach was through an open shopping boulevard and the various vendors always had a friendly wave whether or not you were looking at their goods or just passing by. We loved the atmosphere this created.

The Egyptian Restaurant is located here and we thought the food served there from the all inclusive menu was far far superior to any speciality restaurant of any hotel we have stayed at. On the other had another British couple to whom we recommended the Egyptian Restaurant said they did not like it at all!!!!

We were so confident in the standards of the Egyptian Restaurant that we ate the salad vegetables accompanying the amazing starter dishes (most first class Egyptian hotels will prepare salads in chilled rooms and use clean sources of water for washing)

In contrast we found the buffet (Tiran) restaurant rather disappointing. The food was OK but seemed to lack inspiration and for our first week the quality of meat was rather poor.

Mr Ahmed Khaled the Area General Manager visited the buffet restaurant one morning. He took action with regard to my comment about there only being processed meats and cut processed cheeses on display. The next morning there were delightful cuts of tender meat but I guess some will complain that the meat was too rare!!! You cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Mr Khaled also took on board our protest at having to pay $40USD to have a kettle and sachets of tea and coffee provided in our room. This is the first four/five star hotel where all inclusive did not include such facilities. If you want your early morning tea or coffee bring your own mini kettle and sachets or instant tea!!

We requested a quiet room and said we did not mind stairs. We did not appreciate that the magnificient large room we had been provided with including a his and hers bathroom was an upgrade! If we had realised perhaps we would have paid our $40USD tea money more willingly :) Some would not have liked the view over land awaiting development but this did not worry us at all.

Be warned that the mini-bar in the room is not stocked as part of the all inclusive deal and anything you use (even a water bottle will be charged expensively). We were provided with several bottles of water left outside the fridge that were clearly labelled complimentary.

Room service was superb. We tended to go for an early morning walk on the beach and then a swim followed by breakfast. By the time we returned to our room at 9.30 am it had been cleaned and provided with new towels or linen etc as required. One person who complained to us that his room was never made up until late afternoon did not realise you should hook the "room ready for cleaning" tag over the outside door knob!!! The standard of room cleaning and service was outstanding.

We expressed our concern about potential health risks from birds contaminating food on display and this was corrected immediately.

It took us a while to find the nearest toilets to the beach!!! These are at the Baron main hotel and reached by a pathway near to the Siesta Beach bar. Follow this path until you see a large bush!!!! Behind the bush you will see signs for male and female toilets both of which are kept to the high Baron standards throughout the day. On the way to these toilets there is opportunity to admire the beautiful gardens. If you show an interest the gardeners will offer friendly help. The next nearest toilets are at the swimming pool.

It is impossible to tip all those from chefs and kitchen staff to pool and beach attendants and of course gardening and bar attendants all of whom made our stay at Baron Palms a happy one. We loved the communal tip system on our Nile Cruise boat and at our previous Nuweiba hotel that enabled us to show our appreciation to all and not just selected front line staff.

There is a free wireless internet service in the reception area. For the first two days at the hotel we were only able to log on to the business service "Menacom" for which a charge is made. This was eventually sorted out. Even now the Menacom signal is the most powerful and you will log onto that network automatically. You will need to know how to select the free "Palm Beach Hotel" alternative. On some evenings you will be able to log onto the network but not be able to use the internet or collect email. Bear in mind that your system is probably OK and there can be intermiitent faults with the hotel service.

The home reef in front of the hotel is one of the best in the area. Shoals of fusiliers, sergeants various butterfly fish. Large specimen parrot fish and napoleans and snowclouds of smaller fish. Some people ignore warnings not to feed the fish and drop bread off the piers. This causes abnormal behaviour in the fish and it can be quite alarming if a huge fish with an open mouth the size of a tennis ball (and sharp teeth to match) appears out of the gloom whilst you are snorkelling. We know of one person bitten as a result of a large fish going for a plastic bag of bread. Do help the Egyptian preserve this wonderful coral reef. If a whistle blows make sure it is not you that is standing on or threatening a reef. Standing on a coral will kill that area of coral

Finally thanks to our tour operator "Longwood". Your service and support is outstanding and we will remember our trip in the mountains on self drive six wheel Argo with just ourselves following a Bedouin guide on another Argo.

9 Thank Worldlife
birmingham
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Travelled 30th April for six nights. Not part of a package as my daughter and I needed to travel from different parts of the country, booked through Thomas Cook online who offered a per night option rather than 7,10,14 days paid for seven nights all inclusive as my flight left quite late.
As we travelled independently we arrived at the hotel alone rather than with a coach load of people so check in was very quick. We had paid for a Garden view room, but had been allocated a room with a double bed rather than separate beds, this didn't bother us but the customer service manager offered to show us our room and a family room with two beds and two bathrooms and said we could take our pick at no extra charge, which I thought was very good service.
We went for the family room (602), which was a good size for us but I think would be a bit of a squash for a family. The room had one bathroom with toilet, sink and shower and another with a toilet and sink. There was plenty of hot water and the shower was quite powerful. The room came with plenty of toiletries, bathrobes, slippers, safe two free bottles of water were left every evening and the room was kept very clean. The rooms do not come with tea and coffee making facilities but you can have the option for $25 a week.
However this room only had a view of the roof as do rooms 601, 603 and 604. This didn't bother us as we preferred the extra bathroom however we were disappointed that the balcony never got any sun at anytime during the day, I did ask when we were shown the room if the balcony got the sun and was told it did, but none of these rooms get the sun at all. These rooms are also close to the kitchen and on the last couple of days there was a very strong smell of garlic.
Having been at the hotel a few days we worked out the layout and in our opinion if anyone is expecting a garden view from any room that is sold as garden view they are likely to be disappointed. If I were booking again I would pay the extra for a pool view.
We ate in most of the restaurants and found both the food and service to be excellent, although I didn't like the fish in the main buffet restaurants as I found it undercooked. At most times we never waited very long for drinks and found the staff to both efficient and attentive. The drinks service by the pool could be a bit slow at times but we mainly used the beach bar on the hotels lovely private beach which was very quick.
As has been stated before there is quite a lot of hard sell from hotel staff for things such as the fish dinner (on tuesdays) non inclusive drinks such as fresh orange, spa treatments etc You just have to be aware and say no and after a while they leave you alone. The shops don't seem to understand that if they let people look instead of hassling them they would sell a lot more. Quite often something would catch my eye but you get very wary of showing any interest. If you are going to buy haggle.
Overall this was a really nice break in the sun in a clean, friendly hotel which was spoiled for me on check out. After handing in my room keys towel card and paying my account I was asked if I had used anything from the mini bar which I hadn't. My case and I had been loaded into the taxi when out ran the bell boy saying I hadn't handed in the towel card so I had to go back to the hotel and leave the taxi waiting. When I reached reception they said I had handed in the card but that I had taken a bar of chocolate from the mini bar, which I most definitely had not! I insisted that I had not used anything from the mini bar at all be it drinks or chocolate and eventually they got me to sign to say i hadn't had anything but I think only because I was getting very annoyed and they could see I was not prepared to pay for something I hadn't had.
I have tried to fair with my review despite the problems with my departure. Would I stay there again? Before check out I would have said yes after maybe.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank nannajan
Bournemouth
Reviewed 4 May 2009

A very relaxing holiday. the hotel was welcoming from the beginning ,being met by the reception manager, the check in was very efficient and we were shown to our pool view room. Our first impression of the restaurant was good with very friendly waiters who served with a smile. The food was buffet style with plenty of choice for all tastes, lovely variety of breads we had homemade soups every meal, but the sweet display was really outstanding, the tiny china dishes and glassware that contained just a taste of different desserts( which meant you could have 2 or 3) were to be congratulated.
As previously mentioned the hotel was the cleanest we have been to.
The beach area was never really busy we could always get a couple of beds in good positions, the staff very attentive and after a couple of days bought refills without being asked.
The pontoons out across the coral have to be done to see the variety of fish without having to snorkel.
Suggestions ; more seating outside for drinks after dinner and better shops (possibly a boutique and a shop selling the china used for the sweets)
All in all a good break and we will return.

dudley west midlands
Reviewed 4 May 2009

We have just come back from yet another stay at this fantastic hotel ,this is our fourth visit and we have booked for the 5th time in November ,we are going to try 11 nights for a change because 7nights is not long enough we have just come back with two of our friends and it is there second time as well they love it also ,not much more to say we have been to Egypt six times now and stayed in two other Hotels but have not fouind one to change my mind about the BARON PALMS HOTEL .there is a family at work who are going for two weeks in june ,i can not recommend this hotel enough me an my wife just love it ????

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Roy90
corby
Reviewed 2 May 2009

CLEAN,CLEAN CLEAN its as if the queen was expected.Cannot fault the hotel for this cleanest i have ever seen.Staff were polite & helpful when needed.Food was ok but not exceptional.Now lets have a good whinge and give the Baron Palms some tipsPlease take away some of your cleaners and turn them into waiters and bar staff.On several occasions we had to wait/Que for lengthy periods for drinks in main restaurant in fact ordered one night and still waiting .Pool bar only one man working his little Egyptian cotton socks off.Pool bar turned into outside restsurant at night so guests looking for a wee drink could not get a seat this was a major issue for a lot of people as there was not a lot of other options.The Veranda bar was dark and noisey with live music (alledgedly) and as for the EL KHALLI cafe bar probably the worst drinking establishment i have ever been in and thats saying something.The quickest my beer came was 20-30 mins it was flat and warm i was shoo`ed away from the bar as they only done waiter service.No matter what hotel you visit in sharm you have to go quad biking exceptional trip it rivals the snorkeling.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank garviepaul
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2009

we booked the holiday through Thomas Cook back in October 2008, paid £750 each, most expensive holiday I have booked as I am only 19 and my girlfriend 20, I can honestly say though it was worth every penny, if you are looking for value for money this is the place to come.

Hotel
The hotel looks amazing, we arrived about 4:30 in the afternoon and were given our all inclusive bands to put around out hands and fill out the forms, and were taken to our room, the room was not the biggest but big enough for us, bathroom was nice with a good size shower, shame there was no bath though, it also had a nice balcony with a sea view. One thing you will notice is how clean the hotel is, it is spotless, you could eat your dinner off the floor, the rooms were cleaned every day and around the hotel in general you wont ever think anything looks dirty. we had food at the main buffet restraunt which has a good varity of food, what you would normaly expect, nothing to fancy. we ate at the pool restraunt 2 nights and they were the best meals we had, paid extra for lobster one night, well worth it, only cost 400 egypt pounds for the 2 of us.

Beach
the beach is lovely plenty of places to sit, there is also a beach bar where you can get drinks and food till about 5, all part of the all inclusive. the water is so clear and i would recomend taking a dive as well, this only cost about £40 and i was in the sea about 50 mins, you see so many fish, it is an experience you wont every forget.

All Inclusive
this was the fist all inclusive holiday i have done, and and i was very impressed, i got very used to walking up to the bar getting a beer and not paying for it! the beer is a local egyption one which tasted nice, my girlfriend drank wine and we also had cocktails in the evening. there is always food available, we used to have lunch down at the beach bar, then get a snack at the pool bar later on in the day, the drinks finish about midnight, but they did let us carry on till about 1 some nights, the staff are great, got to know most of them and they cant do enough for you.

Overall
fantastic holiday, value for money, great getaway, we are going back in December, if you are thinking about booking it DO IT!

P.S take american Dollars to pay for your visa DO NOT PAY IN EGYPTION a guy on our coach did and they charged him about twice as much. take about $70 that should be enough.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank andyroooo