“Brilliant holiday could'nt fault it.”

Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #16 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 18 October 2009

We have just returned from a 7 day holiday in sharm-el sheikh staying at the Baron Palms Resort,what a fantastic place,spotlessy clean,good food and drink and very friendly staff and of course the sun.
The rooms were well appointed with slippers, bath robes,beach bag and toiletries ita a shame that the kettle was'nt in the room but you could hire one if so wished.
We will be returning in May 2010 and certainly be staying at Baron Palms again.
Angie and Dave from Abingdon

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank billynomatesAbingdon
annahoa, General Manager. JP.Hoffer at Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2009

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review.
We are delighted that you had enjoyed your holiday at the Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Cordially, we would like to express our appreciation for your positive comments
The whole Baron Team is looking so much forward to welcome you back assuring you an unforgettable second stay at our resort so we can pamper you a littel more.

Reviewed 15 October 2009

We returned on Sunday after a two week stay and we loved every minute of it, just the odd smallish gripe but nothing serious which I will come to later, but first all the good things. The Hotel is spotless always somebody cleaning somewhere, the rooms are kept beautifully clean thank you Samir(samy). We requested via Samy for the next day the on offer mattress topper and two feather pillows, 10 mins later he arrived with them and remade our bed there and then what a service, and what a difference they made so comfortable.

The Tiran restauraunt was very nice the staff had the abillity to make you feel you had been there for months, they recognise you the minute you walk in and know exactly what you want to drink the friendliness is wonderful, and must mention Mohammed he was so much fun to watch charging about the place with his tray full of drinks, and he just appeared from nowhere when you reached your table, he was also very good to my husband who had the dreaded tummy bug, he looked after him with the mint tea ang giving him some for the room and some sliced up lemons to put with it such a nice man, but it really isn't fair to pick out just one person really because we found all the staff so very lovely from room staff pool staff bar staff entertainment staff all so very friendly and seem genuinley happy in their work and it shows, which I do put down to management, obviously they are treated right and are valued by the management and at the end of the day if you treat your staff right and with respect you get the best out of them.

We prefer to be outside in the evenings and as you could not sit at the pool bar until after 10pm we would watch the entertainment in the ampi theater although not brillient we did feel we should support them as they work so hard for our benefit and you really could see the hurt on their faces when people walked out.

There were some great touches around the pool in the day, ice cold towels (quite often had a laugh, thinking this brits abroad most men put them on their heads all that was missing was the four knots) glasses cleaning, the book stall where we found many 2009 editions and enjoyed them and returned to choose others, great.

The only faults I can say about this otherwise fantastic hotel, is not enough seating in the evenings, we do like to be outside and the pool bar is taken over until 10pm,with it turning into one of the alternative evening restaraunts, the charging for things didn't apply to us as we brought our own kettle, but maybe would have gone to the gala dinners had they been included as you don't come to an all inclusive and expect to pay, you have done that up front in the price of the holiday. The other thing that did get to me was not being able to take drinks to the room, the mini bar being inclusive would not have made a difference to me as the drinks I drank were not in there, it is so nice at the end of the night to sit on the balcony read a chapter of your book with a gin and tonic, it affected me more really as my husband had the tummy bug for a couple of days didn't want to go out of the room at night just wanted to sleep I went for my meal on my own but would not have sat in the bar on my own so would have been nice to take a drink to the room, I really cannot see any reason why this can't be allowed do not see what harm it is doing it would have been in plastic glasses, as I have said there was nothing in the mini bar for me even had it been free, and to be treated as children having drinks taken off you is a little off putting.

But on the whole I really thought this hotel was beautiful, thank you Baron Palms for a great holiday.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank manchesterpuddin

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review.

The all Team work very hard to achieve their target of 100% guest satisfaction ; so we are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we have succeeded to make your holiday a memorable one .

You have the possibility to sit outside in the evenings in Khan Khalili , the Oriental corner on the Baron boulevar next to the Oriental Restaurant ! abaut 150 places and part of the all inclusive consept from 7 Pm till 12 Pm.

We will soon provide Tea & coffee facility in the Rooms.

The whole Baron Team is looking so much forward to welcome you back assuring you an unforgettable second stay at our resort.

Reviewed 14 October 2009

My wife and i stayed at this hotel for 14 nights and it was perfect from the very first night we arrived. We were checked in within minutes, the bell boy took our bags to our room again very swiftly. All the staff at this hotel are very friendly and helpful, nothing is to much trouble for them. The food is always delicious and varied, something for everyone, very moreish. We went to Luxor last year and were hassled every time we set foot outside the hotel, because of this we swore we would never return to Egypt. But i wanted to take some underwater pictures and was drawn to the red sea and Sharm El Sheikh. We chose the Baron Palms and it`s all inclusive option because then we didn`t have to venture outside the hotel grounds except for a short walk down Baron Boulevard to the beach which we did every day without any bother from the local shop keepers. So looking back we were worrying needlessly. In fact we enjoyed this holiday so much we have already booked to go back next year. Underwater pictures can be taken by lying face down on the jetty and holding a waterproof camera in the water, The fish will come to you!. On the return flight if you have purchased a Shisha pipe make sure it is in your suitcase not in your hand luggage. If it is in your hand luggage it will be taken off you.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Cordially, we would like to express our appreciation for your positive comments .

Your review is a real reward for All of us .

we also can’t wait to have you back to our own tradition of warm hospitality.Until then, kindly accept our warmest regards from the Red Sea shores.

Reviewed 14 October 2009

The hotel was beautifully clean & well maintained. If there was a scuff mark on a wall in the evening it would have been painted over by the morning.
The food was boring but fine, lots of choice for everyone, just very repetitive. We really wished that there would have been more local food to eat in the main restaurant, but I suppose most tourists would turn their noses up at it. Shame.
The pool was nice and clean as was the beach. The hotel beach boys were guarding the line between the Baron Palms and Baron Resort sunloungers with some zeal, which seemed unnecessary as both hotels are owned by the same people. It also felt ridiculous as at the time we were there the Baron Resort was nearly empty as were all its sunloungers, yet we weren't allowed to use them if the Baron Palms side was full. If someone can see the point of this, do let me know.
On the real minus side the hotel is on a completely manmade strip of similar hotels, miles away from anywhere so you can't just wonder off and discover nice coffee shops, restaurants, shops etc...everything surrounding the hotel is owned by it and the shop prices are very high compared to Sharm iteslf. I really felt that this was enclave tourism at its worst.
But the biggest minus points are reserved for the service. Being a woman I really was made to feel like a second class citizen. Every man in the bar would get served before the waiters bothered to ask me what I wanted. Not what I expect from a supposedly 5 star hotel.
I also intensly disliked having to tell people 10 times a day that I didn't want to buy their massage course/special meal/bottle of cream.
In short, would we ever return here again? The answer is no way.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank PollyPee

Your negatif comments will be taken in to consideration and are very valuable for me.
I am very sorry and I understand your disappointment .
The FB. Manager has bin informed concerning the service of the Women and I will make sure that it wont happen any more .

Concerning the Beach you are reight and the Beach Boys have bin told to let Palms Guest pass the line if needed .

we hope sincerely that you will visit us again to show you that we try hard to improve our services day by day.

Reviewed 13 October 2009

I will start with the bad points , for an all inclusive five star hotel there are a lot of extras you have to pay for .They were always trying to sell you tickets for their gala night or other meals at the restraunts . They have a seafood night in the main restaurant and you have to pay for it , is this all inclusive . On your room if you want to use the mini bar , you were again charged for and this for a 5 star hotel ,the reason that I feel this should be included is that you are not supposed to take any drinks back to your room. They should either let you take drinks back to your room in plastic glasses or include the mini bar. The nightclub was empty every night , I feel part of this is due to the all inclusive option only being for 1 hr, surely this could be extended to get guests in enjoying themselves and then charge from midnight . Beware in the poolside restaurant , they charge for evening meals. In the evening there wasn't enough seating in the bar to accomodate everyone . Hotel with more than 250 rooms and only 48 chairs outside , we don't come to Egypt to sit inside in a aircoplace . We talk to the manager and he knows the problem but when will he fix it .On the pool , the pool area that every morning at around 7am guests would form queues so that they could grab their favourite spot when the pool area was opened at 7.30. The "Daily Towel Run" . The manger told us also i know the problem ... but if you want to relax , you need a bed to lie on and there are NONE available after 7.30 am . The hotel taxi is more expensive then others , just take one outside the hotel .
Postive points , We did not find an unhelpful member of staff. All are courteous and friendly. They cannot do enough for you and always with a smile or nod of the head. The hotel is very clean .
To Mr Hoffer , i read the reviews here every day but the problems are still there 4 month's afther we have been there so i read here , that's not good .
If you want to keep this people then you have to do something about this .

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank patsy122
annahoa, General Manager.JP.Hoffer at Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2009

Dear Patzi
Thank you for having taken the time to write a review.

It would be foolish from our side to ask an all inclusive Guest to pay for the buffet in the Main Restaurant , we propose a special Diner against charge with a Show ; Lobster & Shrimps on the menu in the Banquet Room only .

Pool Restaurant do not charge any food except for Lobster or King Prawn witch are not on the menu !

If you read your catalogue " Jet Air " it is written that the Mini bar is against charge ,so you now abaut it . ( not hidden . )

The Hotel is less than 250 Rooms and way don’t you mention that we have now a big area called Khan El Khalili the Oriental café 150 Seats out door opposite the Air conditioned Disco ! ! ! and part of the all inclusive from 7 pm. Till 12 pm.

In most of the Hotels the favorite places are grab early on the morning not only Baron Palms but we do have more than 250 beds ! If you read the comments you can see that some people mention that they find Beds during the all day or the Pool attendant look for it.

All over the World the Street Taxis are less expensive that what you call “ LIMOUSINE “ Exclusive service for the Hotels and you are insured in case of accident !

Alls Manager the Owning Company give me a Product to Manage , I make propositions but as to be approved , some are already on the process ; example Tea & Coffee facility in the Rooms + other .

Kindly accept our warmest regards from the Read Sea shores.

Reviewed 12 October 2009

Well what can I say about this holiday it was one of the best holidays I have ever had. We went for to weeks from the 19th sEP to the 3rd of Oct. I went with my husband and parents we are 26 and my parents are in the 50s. At the airport you do have to tip the guy that puts your bags on the coach I gave him .50p and my dad gave him £2.00 it’s up to you just be firm if he asks you for more. First of all you are not going to get a pool view room on request you do have to pay extra for that and that is your travel agents fault not the hotel. We did pay the extra for the pool view and it was beautiful. The hotel was lovely so clean and tidy. The bed was a little hard but one call to housekeeping and they came and gave us a mattress topper. We did not get pestered for the Gala dinners we were asked once we said no thanks you and he never asked again but continues to ask us how our stay was going and if we were having a nice time. Yes people asked if you wanted extras as they do anywhere you go just be polite and say no thanks you. It seed to be very difficult for British people to be nice and polite with the staff something I herd people saying made me ashamed to be British. We don’t go away to treat people like salves!!!! Most of the faculties are All-inclusive the bar till 12pm the Tirani restaurant the Paradise Pool Bar and the Egyptian. We ate in all of these and found the food absolutely delicious. No Stomach problems but yet again I didn’t drink like a fish in the day and I drank moderately in the evening and had plenty of water. There was more food than you could eat and enough choice for even the fussiest of people. The staff were amazing they made our holiday Mohamed. Mahmoud and Alaa in the Tirani restaurant they kept us entertained fed and watered with impeccable service every day. The food was delicious and plentiful (if you don’t like forgen food holiday at home what the hell do you expect Sunday lunch!!) My husband and I did not like some of the themed evenings in the restaurant, this was not a problem anything we wanted they would cook up for us and we had Pizza, steak and pasta. We spent most evenings on the Terrace bar with Sami the world’s best waiter who served our drinks before we had even ordered them. In the second week he was even bringing refills before we had even finished the first one. I must address the tipping. These guys work so hard and we did tip but I asked about the tips and they all go in to a pot and they get shared out. They do not keep them for themselves and I think that this is fair system. They do not demand tips as some people say and are extremely grateful when they get one, but the service is impeccable with or without tipping. The pool was lovely. We did get up at 7 and were in the queue for 7.15 but the sun goes off the pool at 3.45 so it’s better to be up early, at 10.30 They come round and clean your sun glasses and spray your face with a lovely refreshing cool mist , at 12.30 they come round with scented ice cold flannels (and trust me that’s a god send) 3.30 they come round with fruit kebabs and all the time you can get drinks form the pool bar and ice creams. In the afternoon they also come round with the drinks trolley so you don’t even have to move. We only went to the beach a couple of times and weren’t that keen as you can not get right in to the sea as the corral comes right up to the shore, the sea only comes just above your ankle , but the beach is beautifully and we often went for walks down the jetty to see the fish. The shops on the Barons Boulevard, are more expensive. You can get exactly the same item from Soho square or Namma bay for half the price. But at no time were we ever hassled by any of the staff in any of the shops, a polite no thank you was all that was required

We went quad biking with Bobos on the beach that was amazing it was £20 each and you have helmets and insurance no matter what the rep tell you. We also went to Cairo booked with Sharm excursions what an amazing day. Cairo was great and the pyramids were breathtaking. Our Guide for the day was named Abraham and he was brilliant and the others in our little group of 10 helped to make this experience fantastic, we sailed down the River Nile and had lunch at a floating restaurant and{ NO dickey tummy the following day} The hassle around the pyramids was not as bad as everyone makes out. Namma bay was so lively and colourful full of shops bars and restaurants. We went to the Camel Bar, the Hard Rock Café, Drinks in there were expensive. Went to KFC and had the biggest zinger I have ever seen and TGI Fridays portions were Americanize and delicious. Not much hassle, you get the usual but not as bad as people make out. I walked round on my own and did not feel intimidated. (people do appear to over exaggerate) We just enjoyed ourselves and remembered that the 40 odd reviews we looked at prior to our holiday their was only a few negatives ones .You need to go with an open mind. All in all The holiday was amazing all of the staff at the Baron palms were amazing from the reception staff, to the guys who booked our taxies on a night , Arhmed the security man Joh at the shop, the porters the cleaners the pool bar guys, the entertainment team the Tirana restaurant guys all the managers and the Hotel Manager himself who we saw every day and asked us if we were enjoying our self. A big thank you to Mr Hoffer the General Manager and all of his hard working extremely pleasant staff All of you have made our holiday one we will never forget we will definitely be returning. It was definitely an amazing place to stay. Very Romantic buy night.

4  Thank rebeccawheale1
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Well we returned to the Baron Palms for our 4th visit and this year we were slightly dissapointed and felt the standards have slipped.

Although we had mailed before hand to the manager ( as we have done on previous visits) we were not allocated the promised room 107, never the less we had a lovely room but it did overlook the main road.

The hotel staff are so friendly and welcome you straight away, although there was one gentleman on reception who did not give us the time of day and was very rude
Elsayed, in the lobby bar recognised us straight away and looked after us very well. Congrats to you on your baby daughter!
The Tiran restuarent again was superb. Every day we were supplied with different variations of food. As many have mentioned I would like to make a special thank you to Mohammed and Saad in the Tiran who made our stay laughable every minute and looked after us so well. Mohammed you are a true star for providing us with red wine and telling me that it was good for my heart!! :-) I cant move on from the Tiran until I say another special thankyou to Sammi!

We didnt use the pool bar much apart for our drinks but it served our purpose. Talaat who manages the pool needs to get a mention as he always made time to talk to us and have a laugh even though he worked so hard all day! In agreement with everyone else, the bug bear this year is having to queue for beds at 7am otherwise you did not get one. This is the first year that we have ever had to do this.

You cant not fault the room cleaners. They are given such a hard time by the management and do look after your rooms 7 days a week. clean sheets, clean towels and disinfected floor.

This is the first time however both my husband and I got egyptian belly. I spent 2 weeks on antibiotics and antisceptic to still be suffering on my return. My husband nearly didnt make the flight home due to him being so ill. Let me tell we did not over indulge in drink, food or sun so I do not know the cause. I can tell you however that the queue for the pharmacy was out of the door so something was going on...
This has unfortunately put us off returning to the baron palms again.
I mentioned that I felt the standards had slipped, this is because on the outside the hotel looks spotless, however when you start to look more closely the hotel is not as clean as you think, and on numerous occassions I was provided with dirty glasses from the pool bar to drink out of.